Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
 25 FPS & PC PERFORMANCE (Read 34666 times)
trevors

Re: FPS and computer performance
Reply #45 - May 27th, 2019 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Captain sim - are you going to look into this matter?

It IS a real one.
You can't tell someone with an i7 8700K and a GTX1070ti card to upgrade when the low fps only happen in your 757.

This is not the way to treat your paying customers.
Please fix it.

Trevor

IP Logged

westman

Reply #46 - Jun 4th, 2019 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
bought the 757base and F expansion , then the android cdu.
fly it for a couple of days.
yes its very hard on the pc , the ap is wobbly, cant make dme ark,
vnav climb not work correct.
i have one of the fastest single gpu pc out here and it struggle
shall do more tests but so far it has big performance hits
basic pc specs: 9900k 5.5ghz 4133c16 mems Galax 2080Ti OC Lab edition

IP Logged

Mejjo

Drop in performance
Reply #47 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Hi guys,
Thought i'd share something with you that i have found.
If i'm in an outside view / wing view and i then go into a Cockpit VC view something seems to happen with performance. If you then return to the outside / wing view the performance is very stuttery and not smooth at all. It only seems to be after being in the VC.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #48 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Mejjo wrote on Jun 20th, 2019 at 4:50pm:
If i'm in an outside view / wing view and i then go into a Cockpit VC view something seems to happen with performance. If you then return to the outside / wing view the performance is very stuttery and not smooth at all. It only seems to be after being in the VC.

Probably the sim is keep running some gauges from the VC in exterior view. Try cycle the views (S and/or A)

IP Logged

Mejjo

Reply #49 - Jun 22nd, 2019 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Jun 21st, 2019 at 4:53pm:
Mejjo wrote on Jun 20th, 2019 at 4:50pm:

Probably the sim is keep running some gauges from the VC in exterior view. Try cycle the views (S and/or A)

Hello,
I tried this and unfortunately it doesn't change anything for me. A bit frustrating as its perfectly smooth prior to that.

IP Logged

Alex Kuzmin

Reply #50 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 5:20am
Print Post  
Quote:
Please note that 24FPS is movie production standard, so the 24 and up are perfectly good FPS.

Hi Captain, i agree what is "24FPS is movie production standard", but it's standard of 19-th century, today movie standards starting from 60 FPS (human eye can capture hundreds per second!). 24 FPS it's perfectly good for static and pre-captured images but FSX/P3D are not movies, it is likely PC games. So today PC games standard FPS is at least 60 fps (synced to 60 Hz monitor refresh rate).

So if you talking what 24 FPS is good frame rate today you seems to be not very confident in modern PC science, but how it can be true for PC developer?
It's looking pretty strange anyway. For example, you may alternatively say what 24 is normal frame rate for your specific models (due to difficult scripts of systems etc), but not what it is normal for whole industry.

It's not trolling or arguing from my side, it's just point of view of person (me) who's job is very near (inside) of gaming industry, because saying what 24 is "perfectly good FPS" is looking quite unprofessionally.

I appreciate your products and congratulate your company with your Birthday, but 20-year company experience should not mean what this company can use 20-year old standard and publicly say what 24 is pretty good...

P.S. I have about 35 in VC and 60 outside on the ground in your planes.

IP Logged

Redz Carib268

Reply #51 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
trevors wrote on May 27th, 2019 at 1:27pm:

It IS a real one.
You can't tell someone with an i7 8700K and a GTX1070ti card to upgrade when the low fps only happen in your 757.

Please fix it.

What bothers me is that people (even within the company) see this as a bashing of the company.

Maybe we are wrong - but how does one think otherwise when you (CaptainSim) don't come publicly and speak on the issue.

We are IN LOVE with the 757 - as yours is the best on the market. YET, we inform you of the issue we have where optimization is concern and we are not getting anything from you.

I give credit where credit is due and I must say thanks to you for the improvements you have made thus far with the 57 to date; however, there is one issue still being overlooked. If a man with a 5.5ghz processor can't even fly the plane without complaining about the low frame rates then something is definitely wrong.

Come on CaptainSim, we need you to really fix this and stop ignoring the issue - if you feel you aren't ignoring then put something in a press release and sticky it so we can all read.

If in 2019 you are still getting complaints about what should be a superior product then it needs addressing.

Thank you in advance and  look forward to hearing from you very soon concerning this matter.

Regards,

Regards,

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #52 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Redz Carib268 wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 8:02pm:
We are IN LOVE with the 757 - as yours is the best on the market.

Thank you.

if you feel you aren't ignoring then put something in a press release and sticky it so we can all read.

Done. Just updated the initial post.

IP Logged

JBurn

Reply #53 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
trevors wrote on May 27th, 2019 at 1:27pm:

It IS a real one.

Please fix it.

What bothers me is that people (even within the company) see this as a bashing of the company.

Maybe we are wrong - but how does one think otherwise when you (CaptainSim) don't come publicly and speak on the issue.

We are IN LOVE with the 757 - as yours is the best on the market. YET, we inform you of the issue we have where optimization is concern and we are not getting anything from you.

I give credit where credit is due and I must say thanks to you for the improvements you have made thus far with the 57 to date; however, there is one issue still being overlooked. If a man with a 5.5ghz processor can't even fly the plane without complaining about the low frame rates then something is definitely wrong.

Come on CaptainSim, we need you to really fix this and stop ignoring the issue - if you feel you aren't ignoring then put something in a press release and sticky it so we can all read.

If in 2019 you are still getting complaints about what should be a superior product then it needs addressing.

Thank you in advance and  look forward to hearing from you very soon concerning this matter.

Regards,

Captain sim team,

So I agree with the above mentioned posts. I have ran a test since your latest post for performance fixes and resized the pixels to 512,512 and still I myself am getting below 24 FPS.

Your 757 is the best on the market as far as 757s go. We are hoping for a better fix. The first release of the 757III had much better performance than what we get now. I was able to to get up to 28-35 FPS with the original release. It seems since the true glass was implemented and other updates the performance in the newest 757III has dropped significantly. Which isn’t good. A lot of us in the flight sim community have too of the line computer specs when it comes to flying.

I understand you all want to make the product much better and I get that. If your team is getting these complaints still since the latest update, then it should be investigated and try to make performance much smoother.

I understand the 8  CRT is what is causing performance drops and I even tested that as well. I can say that I still haven’t seen a performance increase with the troubleshooting step of reducing the pixel size. But to no avail. Every troubleshooting step for performance I have tried. I’ve disabled true glass and real light and turned off volumetric lighting and disabled the F/O displays as well as disable the virtual cabin.

I feel like this can be addressed and investigated further. I don’t understand how the company can simply ignore the issue when so many complaints have been addressed and the same complaints on performance FPS issues.

I support you guys and I definitely love the 757 as much as every pilot here but this definitely needs further addressing.

Thank you

IP Logged

skyteam78

Reply #54 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Dear CaptainSim team,

Same here, worst performer among all other my aircraft's (other, FSLABS).
PC specks : 8700K OC5.2 GHz, RTX 2080TI.
Performance issues should be definitely addressed.

Thanks

IP Logged

trevors

Reply #55 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Are you using P3D?
I am using FSX-SE and also experienced low frame rates with the 757.
Now I am getting good frame rates again (35-40).
What I did was, I removed cabin an wings from the ACE.

I had already tried this before and it did not work because I only removed from one plane which I was using.

I then went and removed the cabin views from ALL my 757 downloaded liveries and that appears to have done the trick.

Trevor

IP Logged

skyteam78

Reply #56 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Yes. I am using P3D V4.5 HF1.
I will remove cabin and wings from the ACE today and report.
Thanks

IP Logged

skyteam78

Reply #57 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 5:42am
Print Post  
I performed another flight, this time I disabled cabin option in ACE.
I can confirm that performance was significantly improved.
I think that CS should normally disable such features that have huge performance hit and allow to people who want to activate them.

IP Logged

macejoj

Reply #58 - Oct 22nd, 2019 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Hello, even after disabing cabin option, FPS performance still significantly lower than other add-ons... ANything else I can do ?
many thanks
JM

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #59 - Oct 23rd, 2019 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
macejoj wrote on Oct 22nd, 2019 at 9:30pm:
Hello, even after disabing cabin option, FPS performance still significantly lower than other add-ons... ANything else I can do ?

Yes, 6 more options: https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1514919904/0#0
And the cabin is not the main FSP eater.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top