Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
 25 FPS & PC PERFORMANCE (Read 34657 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Performance
Reply #30 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
musiol1 wrote on Jan 24th, 2019 at 7:31am:
the number of fps is much smaller

How many?

Quote:
What effect on the fps have all the animations that you have added to the plane and which from a practical point of view do not have any sense for most people (opening engines, etc.) ?

Those exterior animations don't hit the FPS at all.
It's all about VC and its complex systems (FMC, the displays, WXR, TERR) and many hundreds of system animations.

IP Logged

Wayne St John

Re: Computer performance
Reply #31 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Turn off the F/O's CDU, ADI, HSI displays.

- WHERE IN THE CDU IS THIS? CANNOT FIND

Disable Trueglass

- HOW?

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #32 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Wayne St John wrote on Jan 24th, 2019 at 8:44pm:
Turn off the F/O's CDU, ADI, HSI displays.

- WHERE IN THE CDU IS THIS? CANNOT FIND

MENU>OPTIONS SETUP>OPTIONS
Quote:
Disable Trueglass
- HOW?

../CS_B757-200PF-III_PW2037/panel/panel.cfg

[VCockpit01]

replace
gauge08=TrueGlass!Core,0,0,1,1
with
//gauge08=TrueGlass!Core,0,0,1,1

IP Logged

Wayne St John

Reply #33 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Thanks! My CFG file ends with gauge06, there is no trueglass
entry. Do I add it? Do I keep it 08 or make it 07?

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #34 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #35 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Wayne St John wrote on Jan 24th, 2019 at 9:29pm:
Thanks! My CFG file ends with gauge06, there is no trueglass
entry. Do I add it? Do I keep it 08 or make it 07?

../CS_B757-200PF-III_PW2037/panel/panel.cfg  has the 08.

IP Logged

Wayne St John

1302 Update - 757
Reply #36 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
So again, not bashing..I like this plane but when is CS going to fix the performance issues??? Frame rates suck with a great CPU. No issues with all another company aircraft.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: 1302 Update - 757
Reply #37 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 12:32am
Print Post  
Wayne St John wrote on Jan 30th, 2019 at 11:52pm:
Frame rates suck with a great CPU.

How many is the "suck"?
GPU alone means nothing. Please read the initial post.

IP Logged

Wayne St John

Reply #38 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 12:32am:
How many is the "suck"?
CPU alone means nothing. Please read the initial post.

Please stop tap dancing around the issue and throwing out anything possible to keep us interested. I wrote CPU...not GPU..I have a gaming system..and yes a very good GPU. You know what sucks means..this is nothing new. You have a very pretty plane..make it work..tune down the nice lights and make it work..period.

IP Logged

Senchay

Reply #39 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
i can confirm the "way" lower fps. And of course i ill give you all info you need.

I think this is not related to GPU at all. At least in my case.

My system is:

- 7700k on 4.5ghz
- RTX 2080
- 16GM Ballistrix Sport Ram
- Asus Prime Z270K
- Win 10 Pro
- All drivers latest version atm
- p3d 4.4

For example, my results with cpu/gpu are very different in behaviour as a other 747/8 for example. In the CS i get around 20 fps less in unlocked mode in the new KPDX from flightbeam.

I start the same flight, same exact time, no weather, same settings of course and lift of the runway in the other 748 with 45 fps. In the CS i get not 30, most of the time 22-25. If i would lock fps (what i can do with any other plane basically) i get even less fps, then they are around 19 to 25. You may call 24 fps movie quality but i think you know this is just a weak excuse... In p3d, with any monitor over 50hz this 19 to 24 fps are a slideshow.

When i look at CPU/GPU performance its clearly the CPU that gets hit dramatically on 1. core (Core 0). In such a way that it seems the whole other p3d calculations also get a hit. Terrain looks a lot more blurry in the CS757, autogen loads later and less in numbers and the whole mesh looks way different as when i fly in any other plane.

The GPU frequeny idles nearly in this plane (at least on a RTX) with like 300 to 500 MHZ core freq where the other is using the full 1800mhz i have. Load is around 25% so the GPU cannot be the problem at all.

Its the CPU that gets it in such a bad way that i have few words for it. And i am aware that P3d engine tries to keep this core busy and shedules oter thing by it. But usually i can get away with like 95%, what means that really everything in terrain still gets calculated too. Here it gets completley bashed by the sim, doesnt matter i free the core or not.

Bear in mind that i already try to keep things from core 0 by telling chaseplane and smartcars etc to not use core 0 at all. And this works very well in near all other planes.

So yes, there would be a real need to lower this cpu hits to have better perf.

I compared to 4 other planes,, being other 748, MD 80 by Leonardo, AS a319 andthe Dash 8. Last one cant be counted i guess so lets say 3 other planes. All of them try to max the GPU way more over the CPU. Just the CS seems to do this, again, in such a bad way that not only perf takes a hit but the whole rendering of the sim elements.

Clouds look worse, terrain too and the fps are bad...

Sorry to say but atm im not a real happy customer. I bought this 2 days ago and had nearly only hassle. VNAV/LNAV seems pretty unstable, holding didnt work in 3 cases and many other bugs.

But thats another story...

Now im usually not someone who likes to do this "ranting". Im a dev myself and i know how it feels when customers are not happy with the time one spent and energy and all that. But what else can i say? 20 FPS difference over other planes is dramatic and a real reason to put this out in words i think.

I always talked about inside fps btw, in the VC. Outside it looks way way worse even...

In 4k textures and SSAA the other 748 goes for me somewhere aroung 80 to 100 fps in the air. The CS 757 does 30 fps with 2k textures and MSAA 8.... Thats hilarious, sorry. Such a big difference should not be

Ill add a screenshot later or 2

A pic in unlocked state ill add later on airport. There wont be a big difference though, maybe i reach 28, 29 unlocked. thats still over 25 fps less.

IP Logged

Senchay

Reply #40 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
16 fps (locked) on KDEN arrival.... i would laugh if i could....but i just spent 120 euro on this thing. Really, i feel the first time ever in flightsim that i want my money back. Only the AS a320 comes close to this.

and 21-25  unlocked

I guarantee you i get 40 fps in the 748 here on arrival. Probably on higher settings even.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #41 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Senchay wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 4:00pm:
I compared to 4 other planes,, being other 748, MD 80 by Leonardo, AS a319 andthe Dash 8.

Thanks, but we do not compare apples to oranges.

You have decent (higher than hollywood movie standards) FPS.
You'd get more if you read the initial post.

IP Logged

Senchay

Reply #42 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
what you mean by that, upgrading my rig like you tell all the others? If there is one of 20 planes that does this is your product, not something that has to do with comparing apples with oranges.....

And what about your hollywood movie all the time? We are in a sim where every frame counts if its below 30.

20 fps difference to all other planes is very very bad and if you continue this road with ignorance, rest assured it will come back one day.

Thanks for the "support". This was the last product of you i will ever get. By now ive read a lot of other posts here and i can see where this is going. Your telling ppl to upgrade their systems, telling its all our problem. Sure sure, nice try. Im not one whos falling for it, i have too many other planes that work.

Sorry this behaviour makes me so angry. What you want to me to do, lower my visual settings (how you even know i dont have already lol....) even further so my GPU is fully idling? Did you read through my topic?

How you can be so arrogant that you think ppl on higher end rigs have to lower stuff that they NOWHERE else have to lower. Is it that you think this 757 is superior in all the categories and the best plane out there that would give a reason?  With all those bugs? And this drastic low perf?

If a FSL labs does that its someone understandable. You are in no way FSL... sorry. Not other, no Leonardo, not others. It ranges somewhere here ind the very big middle. Wow...

And that hollywood movie thing.... Doesnt it get old by now? How many you have told this already? Again... im not a noob. Im into this since 3 decades and i know what fps are. No worries.

16 fps, and 19 and not even your 24 are good enough on a monitor that has more hz as 25. Because it introduces way way way more stutters as any movie would do. No cinema has these microstutters because everything is in sync.

But now you probably tell me to buy a gsync monitor....im waiting for it

IP Logged

N90831

Frame rates after update
Reply #43 - May 18th, 2019 at 6:32am
Print Post  
My system handles  a pretty good load for all of the addons I have.  All of my aircraft have never interferred with the frame rates. However, today I was starting a flight with the CS 757-200 and immediately got a msg in my browser to update.  I looked at the update number and noticed it was one I had already appllied. But the browser notification kept popping up.  Thinking there is probably a newer update but with the same number, I downloaded the update and applied.

Now while on a flight to KLGA (which New York is heavy on frame rates anyway) my frame rates went down to as low a 6 fps which meant I could not control the aircraft manually.  After crashing on the runway.  I decided to test my other aircraft.  All aircraft perform at 40-50 fps except for the CS 777 which was around 30-33 fps.

I am stumped. 

Additionally, I notice as soon as I tried to taxi the aircraft it wanted to taxi a a very very fast pace.  Breaks would hardly stop the fast taxi.

Again, stumped after I installed a required update.

IP Logged

trevors

Re: Frame rates after update
Reply #44 - May 18th, 2019 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Could the team please do something to improve frame rates in the next update. With the PFD and ND pop-ups displaying, I lose a good 8 fps. Close the pop-ups, and the frame rate increases again.

Trevor

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top