Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 AUTOPILOT (MCP part only) (Read 4311 times)
Shom

Re: AUTOPILOT (MCP part only)
Reply #30 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
I've found another bug related to FLCH/SPD transition
When climbing in FLCH mode to 5000 ft with speed set to 230 kts there is a sudden fallback to SPD mode to a random setting of 243 knots even before reaching the target altitude
See here - https://youtu.be/FP2tcCMCEtw

AIIR#4

It may be related to the scenario I've mentioned here - https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1528307874

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #31 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
It looks like FLCH may have switched from SPD mode to EPR mode, and although you can't see any speed showing in the IAS indicator, looking at the video, the EPR starts increasing as soon as you pressed the FLCH button, and the speed also increases with it. I must admit, I don't think that is how FLCH worked, at least from what I have read about what it's supposed to do. Undecided

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1x2TB SSHD, 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.2
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.2

IP Logged

Shom

Reply #32 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 7:58am
Print Post  
AIIR#4

I went over the manual and the description of the FLCH is summarized by a few points, not indicating that this is an expected behavior, it doesn't make sense (as seen in the video) that FLCH falls back to SPD before even reaching the target ALT (without anything being done by the pilot)

It's not a bug if it's not in the Manual.

IP Logged

Shom

Reply #33 - Jun 16th, 2018 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Thantheleon, sorry I don't understand is this expected behavior? The manual does not describe this scenario and notice in the clip I've made it is random.

Well, it's pilot's job is to create and follow/control the scenarios described in the Manual.
We can not support/explain an infinite number of random combinations of  thousands of the plane parameters and flight conditions.

IP Logged

tommchowat

Reply #34 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Flight director landing (autothrottle and autopilot disengaged), I get a master caution at about 10 feet, AUTOPILOT EICAS caution, and yellow line through the GS FMA. Disappears when turning off flight directors after landing.

IP Logged

75-Mechanic

Re: FMC (incl LNAV, VNAV)
Reply #35 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
When disconnecting autopilot with control colum disc. switches the Autopilot disc. warning light+aural warning light only comes on momentarily then goes off. In real life you have to hit the disc. switch a second time to cancel the alarm.

AIIR#4

IP Logged

75-Mechanic

Reply #36 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Dont know for other operators but on our 757 Aircaft (RR engines) I am able to set L R or C Autopilot to CMD (green light stays on) on the ground as soon as IRUs are aligned and Hydraulics are on. If you try it with IRUs not aligned the green light for selected autopilot comes on, goes off and the autopilot disc. aural+warning light comes on until you cancel it with the disc. switches.  I know it is not done by flight crews but it is possible on our jets. It did not work in your product.

AIIR#4

IP Logged

75-Mechanic

Reply #37 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 11:05am
Print Post  
75-Mechanic wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
When disconnecting autopilot with control colum disc. switches the Autopilot disc. warning light+aural warning light only comes on momentarily then goes off. In real life you have to hit the disc. switch a second time to cancel the alarm.
Screenshot of operators system Manual added.

AIIR#4

Thanks, but this is not CS Manual.
4. Please provide a reference to the Manual page #.
CS Manual is based on the original Boeing's FCOM. For obvious reasons we cannot do all operators optional equipment variants.
It's not a bug if it's not in the Manual.

Disc_switch_function.png ( 128 KB | Downloads )
Disc_switch_function.png

IP Logged

75-Mechanic

Reply #38 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 11:08am
Print Post  
75-Mechanic wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 8:57pm:
Dont know for other operators but on our 757 Aircaft (RR engines) I am able to set L R or C Autopilot to CMD (green light stays on) on the ground as soon as IRUs are aligned and Hydraulics are on. If you try it with IRUs not aligned the green light for selected autopilot comes on, goes off and the autopilot disc. aural+warning light comes on until you cancel it with the disc. switches.  I know it is not done by flight crews but it is possible on our jets. It did not work in your product.

Cannot give any flightmanual reference for that... .
AIIR#4

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #39 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE 1.1 HOTFIX 4

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #40 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON VERSION 1.2

IP Logged

Shom

Reply #41 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Since v1.2 the autopilot does not manage to hold the speed on cruise.
1. When transitioning from FLCH to CRZ (reaching ALT set in MCP), A/T mode does not change to SPD.
2. When changing manually to SPD, airplane does not throttle up to the speed set. Its as if the throttles are not moving forward enough to provide more thrust

This has not occurred in previous releases...

IP Logged

Shom

Reply #42 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Shom wrote on Jun 3rd, 2018 at 4:08am:
OK weird but this issue never occurred to me in the past it is quite a coincidence. I'll report back if I suspect it is unrelated.
Another major issue I've managed to reproduce quite easily is A/P VS going out of control - if the plane is descending and capturing the target altitude (<300 ft from the target altitude) and you change the target altitude to an updated lower altitude the plane will start diving instead of maintaining the current exact VS.
Important to emphasize this issue happens only during ALT capture.

AIIR#5 - video of the ALT capture descent please.
AIIR#4 - which part of the normal procedure is not modeled properly?
Thanks

Please note this bug is reproduced in the latest version installed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top