Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Glideslope not displayed (Read 2980 times)
SBO

Glideslope not displayed
Sep 26th, 2017 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Greetings!

I know this has been discussed previously, but I'm not finding answers in previous posts.

When hand-flying the 707, FD "off", localizer is normal, but no glideslope displayed.

This happens regardless of 707 model, whether starting with CS707, or default 172; with all other installed aircraft, G/S indication is fine.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Sean

IP Logged

SBO

Re: Glideslope not displayed
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Anyone...Mark...Marlon...CoolP...CS Team...?  Wink

Thanks, Sean

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Out of curiosity, which version of Windows is this happening in?

Aside from that, seeing as my HDD where FSX for Win 7 is installed has gone AWOL, I had to test the 707 in FSX-SE. I'm not having any problem with a missing Glide Slope there. Undecided

I haven't been able to try it in FSX for Win 10, as Win 10 itself is playing up, and it looks like I might need to reinstall/repair that. Seeing as I have bought 2 replacement HDD's, I don't really want to do all of that right now, and would prefer to wait until the HDD's arrive early next week. Sad

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

SBO

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 4:16am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 3:40am:

Aside from that, seeing as my HDD where FSX for Win 7 is installed has gone AWOL, I had to test the 707 in FSX-SE. I'm not having any problem with a missing Glide Slope there. Undecided

I haven't been able to try it in FSX for Win 10, as Win 10 itself is playing up, and it looks like I might need to reinstall/repair that. Seeing as I have bought 2 replacement HDD's, I don't really want to do all of that right now, and would prefer to wait until the HDD's arrive early next week. Sad

Hi, Mark,

And thank you for the reply.

I'm using Win 10 & FSX (non-se). But I've had the problem almost from the git-go. FS9 was never a problem, but FSX, well the few time I flew, I can't recall ever seeing the indicator.

Even watching a couple of the YouTube videos (when coupled) G/S seems to be missing!

I've looked on the HSI, seeing lateral indication, but not so with the horizontal.

Several clean installs on different systems over the years, with the same result. But it does increase the challenge when hand-flying an approach to 100 & 1/2...and still hitting the touchdown zone.

But just so I'm clear, do you have a particular variant you fly and if so where are you seeing the G/S indicator...right side, left side...?

Sean

IP Logged

SBO

Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 3:40am:

Give me a moment for wiping the egg off my face...

...I was looking for the G/S indicator to the far left side of HSI, which is pretty typical. Loading up and flying a coupled approach allowed me to zoom in close, seeing the deviation indicator near the center.

My bad.  Undecided

Sean

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
SBO wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 7:43am:
...I was looking for the G/S indicator to the far left side of HSI, which is pretty typical. Loading up and flying a coupled approach allowed me to zoom in close, seeing the deviation indicator near the center.

My bad.  Undecided

Sean

No worries. We can all do something silly to get egg on our face. I'm just happy that the problem is resolved.   Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top