Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Editing config files of CS L-1011, tweak flap drag (Read 467 times)
3star

Editing config files of CS L-1011, tweak flap drag
Aug 28th, 2017 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Hi.
I tried to edit aircraft cfg to make more realistic dynamics.
I am preatty unhappy with unrealistic flaps drag in CS L-1011. The drag is way too high, more then twice as high as in comparable aircraft.

So i decreased flaps drag factor by editing aircraft cfg file.
I did multiple tests and unfortunately i was getting FSX CTDs during climb. Flaps drag was reduced to more realistic value but crashes was happening all the time.

Does CS L-1011 has any code that prevents users from changing aircraft dynamics? When i reverted to orignal file crashes stopped.

Is it allowed to tamper with files for own use? I mean CFG files and no DLL files and so.

By tampering with files its also possible to fix unrealistic engine spool (exploding N3) during startup.

Can anyone try changing flaps drag factor to 0.5 and test if crashes will happen?

EDIT:
Please move this thread to FSX - general category because i accidentaly posted it in P3D category.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Re: Editing config files of CS L-1011, tweak flap drag
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 5:39am
Print Post  
I did as you requested, and the CS L-1011 worked fine. FSX didn't CTD.  Undecided

Note. I did this in FSX in Windows 7 Professional 64bit - PC specs below.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1x2TB SSHD, 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.2
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.2
IP Logged

trevors

Re: Editing config files of CS L-1011, tweak flap drag
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:44am
Print Post  
I managed to get my hands on  a Lockheed manual and have re-worked the flight dynamics.
I have totally revised the drag parameters and also had to rework the power settings and pitch.
The aircraft now climbs according to the manual numbers (power,pitch, vertical speed, speed ...), cruise is good (power settings and pitch) and descent has been corrected - you can now move the throttles to idle and the aircraft will descend at a speed of 290KIAS at a pitch and vertical speed as appears in the manual.
I have also corrected the approach - flap settings, power settings and pitch as well as flag and gear drag.

If anyone is interested in giving it a try, send me a PM.
Should you be happy with it, I can upload the FD to AVSIM library, if that is allowed by the CS team.

Regards
Trevor

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top