Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Cold and Dark (Read 2025 times)
mog

Cold and Dark
Jul 29th, 2017 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Hi All,

I have been trying to set my 737 to cold and dark(C&D), not the C&D that is the standard but a better real C&D, the standard C&D have three switches in the on position, namely the A Elect. Hyd. switch, the B Elect Hyd, switch and the Emergency Lights switch which is in the Armed position which of course is not Real world.
Correct me if I'm wrong, the basis for switch positions in in the .flt file, I have created a new .flt file labelling it "Captain Sim 737-200Adv Cold and Dark EGTE", I set the swiches to their respective- correct- positions with aircraft at EGTE and saved it, when I checked the .flt file the elect,hyd positions were noted as =0, I couldn't find any reference for the emergency light switch or it's attendant gate, but when I restarted FSX in the mode I had saved the A&B Hyd switches were on and the emergency lights were once again armed and gated.
So how can I set these switches to the positions I want?

mog

IP Logged

Ols500

Re: Cold and Dark
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 11:23am
Print Post  
The Standard Cold and Dark flight is fine.
1. Load the flight
2. Select the aircraft you want to actually use e.g. First Air 737-200C
3. Change to the airport you desire...

IP Logged

mog

Re: Cold and Dark
Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Er no Ols500, the standard cold and dark is not fine, in the RW if you come on board an A/C with the emergency lights in the armed position and gated the A/C would be grounded until all the emergency light batteries had been changed, the A and B elec. Hyd switches are never left in the on position because if somebody powered the A/C without checking all sorts of things could move, e.g. the steering, a bloke at Gatwick had his leg smashed because of this!!

mog   Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top