Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Prepar3D4 upgrades status (Read 86101 times)
CptKiddAPI

Re: Prepar3D4 upgrades status
Reply #165 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 7:30am
Print Post  
I feel the same man. Everyone thinks they are a hero to program an A320, let it fly on autopilot and then land manually and brag about their vertical speed on touchdown. I am an airline pilot and get my fill of the computer at work. Some of us actually fly the VOR airways in classic planes. I even bought plotting charts and use the freeware sextant gauge and take star shots across the ocean in propliners. Been waiting on the 707 for too long along with the 727. The 707 is also in dire need of expansion into the other models. I guess that is the difference between someone who develops because they love the hobby and want to provide a wide variety of quality addons and someone who is only interested in money. The whole no update thing is infuriating! Just having a post that says standby and don't ask about progress is laughable. The wait with no info is played out, maybe we will get lucky and some other developer will beat them to the punch and at least we the people will get something out of it other than silence.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Gingerphile

Reply #166 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim is the only prospect of any decent classic jet for P3Dv5.1. Obviously, they’re on the 737-300. It will be done when it’s done..  maybe a bit sooner  Smiley  As much as I love the older airplanes, that sounds like a perfect choice to appeal to two groups: classic lovers and those who choose not to learn radio navigation. I will buy the -300 the first day it’s offered. In the meantime, the L1011 is a beautiful handful and I love the combination of the INS and radio navigation for SIDs and STARs. That’s hard for me, but oh so satisfying when I pull it off. It’s great because Lockheed made for both shorter and longer flights. You might need a stop at Lajes though for those Luton-Caribbean holidays, though.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.1 HF1 | Avatar: Ginger Rogers Nose Art

IP Logged

ftwd

Reply #167 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 3:53am
Print Post  
Um, I know this might sound a bit silly, but with the 707, what exactly is meant by “standby”?

Is it standby the product is soon to be released or standby the product is about to start development?

Cheers,
Nathan

IP Logged

Ryz

Reply #168 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 10:30am
Print Post  
ftwd wrote on Apr 3rd, 2021 at 3:53am:
Um, I know this might sound a bit silly, but with the 707, what exactly is meant by “standby”?

Is it standby the product is soon to be released or standby the product is about to start development?

Cheers,
Nathan

Basically means development is on hold. Don't expect soon if ever. It was an FSX only aircraft and from what I understand its very hard to port an FSX only aircraft to P3D4. You pretty much have to rewrite the entire code. I'm still convinced they have one planned but that's pure speculation.

I'd love to have a 707 in the sim but who knows when it will be released. Someone else might beat them to the punch but I hope CS has one planned cause I loved theirs in FSX.

IP Logged

BostonJeremy77

Reply #169 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
So, forgive me for what might be a silly question, I am new to CS - purchased my first aircraft yesterday, the 737-300!

I like it a lot and am looking into getting both 757 and 767. From what I see, the 757 is already on Captain III status and works on V5.1 but the 767 is still Captain II (though it also works on 5.1)... How does CS' pricing work when they update from Captain II to Captain III? Are the new versions provided only for the corresponding purchased "Captain" version? Or is there a free upgrade that happens when they move the 767 to Captain III? I am asking, because since they are working on the Captain III of 767, it wouldn't make much sense to purchase the Captain II right now if I have to buy it again later. Any insight would be appreciated. Like I said, I am new to Captain Sim, so this might be a "newbie" question, though a useful one.  Grin

IP Logged

ftwd

Reply #170 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Thanks Ryz  Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top