Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Poll
Poll Question: What's your key flightsim for 2017-2018?

« Created by: Captain Sim on: Jun 1st, 2017 at 8:21pm »

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 What's your key flightsim? (Read 12586 times)
cparrott73

Re: What's your key flightsim?
Reply #15 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
P3Dv4, where possible.  I keep FSX:SE around for aircraft that are not yet (or possibly will never be) supported in P3Dv4.

IP Logged

CptKiddAPI

Reply #16 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
I use both P3DV4 and FSX like many for the addons that can't work in P3D yet. My favorite addon is the CS 707. Will it someday be for P3D as well? Will there be more expansion models like the 100, 200, 720 series? Also will it come stock soon with the ins like the L-1011 and 727?

IP Logged

Franchesca

Reply #17 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Hi,
AS for me my general Military Flight Sim, P3d4 all the way, however I am in love with XP11! It makes me  Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

roburpetraea

Reply #18 - May 1st, 2018 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Hi.

I'm a veteran user of fsx that tired of the problems of optimization and incompatibility and fed up with the abusive prices of p3d, has been passed to x-plane. I have always been fascinated by the tremendous quality of your products, especially the cabins. If there is something I value especially when flying is a good 3d cockpit. And this is the weak point of many x-plane addons. The developers of x-plane addons know that they have little or no competition, so part of inflating the prices of their products are sometimes "lazy" when developing them. Don't get me wrong, I do not mean that all x-plane addons are bad, there are some excellent ones. Honestly, I think that if you released any of your products for x-plane especially vintage, it would be a resounding success. Flying in your 727 in the evening in a x-plane 11 scenery is a dream that I hope you will come true at some point. I know that you are very busy people, and that you do what you can to the best of your ability, but if you allow me a suggestion, I would like to tell you that if there is a plane that the devoted x-plane community has been waiting for since 2011 is the B747 Classic. An airplane that has never been developed in detail in both fsx and x-plane.
A CS B747-100 would be another dream come true!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #19 - May 2nd, 2018 at 2:40am
Print Post  
roburpetraea wrote on May 1st, 2018 at 11:34am:
I would like to tell you that if there is a plane that the devoted x-plane community has been waiting for since 2011 is the B747 Classic. An airplane that has never been developed in detail in both fsx and x-plane.
A CS B747-100 would be another dream come true!

And there are many of us here in the Captain Sim forum hoping that they will do the 747 Classic as their next airplane for FSX/P3D! Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #20 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Interesting to see how the numbers have gone over time. I find it fascinating that P3D is now the sim of choice for nearly two thirds and FSX has fallen back to just under one third.

Given the changes in O/S software and hardware (multi-core etc) this is not surprising that there is a shift from a 32 bit to a 64 bit operating system.

Still I am quite settled with FSX-A on a 64 bit (Win7) O/S. It is not the only 32bit legacy program I run on the PC. FSX has been quite dependable for me and most of the stuff ups have come from sloppy install work by me and sloppy programming by payware developers (not all by the way).

No intention of changing over to P3D unless Win7 falls over or the hardware fails but prepared for that eventually as well. For me it is all about Win7 no way am I going over to Win10. I cannot run P3D with its hardware and memory demands anyway without a complete new PC and the one I have is super fast for any other ordinary PC work except simming but after years of tweaking I stopped and reverted back to basics and found that the ACES team had it right most of the time anyway. I have no CTD's, no stuttering and no blurries and run all the Captain Sim products without any issues. There will always be the ocasional glitch in FSX but never show stopping. Runs well with high level REX weather as well, so why change.

IF I did it will be to X-Plane. Better programming better architecture. Scenery is streets ahead of stuff for FSX or P3D but the issue for both and X-Plane is simple for me - The aeroplanes I want to sim with will not run in either or are not available in either so no choice really. Anyway I have spent a lot of cash on FSX stuff (models, scenery etc) over the years and cannot be bothered going down that whole route of constant upgrades, changes etc etc again. It is not broke for me so I am not planning to fix it.  Smiley

IP Logged

khouji123

Reply #21 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 8:56am
Print Post  
I like using FSX/FSX-SE.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top