Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Torpedoes and parachutes (Read 2883 times)
Hanimichal

Torpedoes and parachutes
Nov 8th, 2016 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Anyone know how configure a working torpedoes and droppable objects with parachutes?

Dropping torpedoes from aircraft and hit and sunk a vessel is what we missed in 10 years of FSX!

Making torpedoes with Google Sketchup is easy but parachutes I dont know how to do so be nice if there are any freeware parachutes model, yes there are parachutes as effect but have a model not effect will be really nice to use with CSWeapons

IP Logged

ptds

Re: Torpedoes and parachutes
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2016 at 12:48am
Print Post  
I am sure I did try and make a torpedo, it just acts like a bomb and makes a splash when it hits the water. As for parachutes I did do a sonar bouy for someone, not sure how it worked for them but I seem to remember giving it a zero acceleration or speed so it just fell out or backwards when fired/dropped. It was a while ago but if you want I could dig it out.
Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Hanimichal

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
ptds wrote on Nov 12th, 2016 at 12:48am:
I am sure I did try and make a torpedo, it just acts like a bomb and makes a splash when it hits the water. As for parachutes I did do a sonar bouy for someone, not sure how it worked for them but I seem to remember giving it a zero acceleration or speed so it just fell out or backwards when fired/dropped. It was a while ago but if you want I could dig it out.
Pete

Sure! will be nice to have more stuff model to play with CS weapon

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Hanimichal,

I have not done much weapon wise recently, been doing some scenery stuff and making some panels. I have made a bombing range scenery to fire the weapons (RAF Donna Nook, here in the UK). It is available on the free liveries section.
What do you fancy if I start to make more weapons?

I did make a 'Blue Steel' stand off weapon as used by the Vulcan, but I did not publish it as I had no requests when announced.

Other than that I can have a go at anything else.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top