Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
CS757 home sim update (Read 5138 times)
SEAN ZARELLA

CS757 home sim update
Mar 4th, 2016 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Greetings Friends, I have made significant Updates to my Captain Sim 757 home simpit. 

here is the base pit I am adding to,  using FS9 cs757  panels edited with FSPanelstudio.

I have turned to the realism realm.

Starting off with the overhead Panel designed and made from NAVCOM simulations on facebook,

The quality is unmatched  excellent ! ! !

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/mghslowell/12735905_10153960529994533_55690...

These are my own Korry switches  I made using Square pushbutton switches from amazon.

When given 12v they illuminate, I made a custom Template for the legends,

Here are the Korry indicators I got off ebay from PCflights.com  They are out of NYC and are great and under 4 dollars each,  They are custom engraved to your specs,  and multiple color options, they include dual leds, with its own installed PCB  all you need is 5v  and ground.

here are the indicators lit up for my IRS panel.

Here is the New Landing Gear Light plate sitting behind my Recently aquired 757 landing gear lever,

and here is my main piece of KIt,  a used  ACE 757 Yoke.  the feel of this is so real. all metal , all working switches,  motion is replicated. So worth it and got it at a decent price !

What's in the works now is to take my dual Saitek Throttles  and make custom light plates for the FLap and Speed brake positions. as well as make a custom Box that sits in front of the throttle to hold the ENG and SPAR valve korrys and the Fuel cut off switches. with light plates.

My plan is to remove the glass desk and build a half pit from the captains side MIP to the landing gear lever.

Lots are happening and will update you all with the progress !

IP Logged

Silverbeard

Re: CS757 home sim update
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
What a brilliant system you have, it looks like a lot of time, effort & money have gone into your pit. I regret that (being an O.A.P.) I neither have the expertise or the money to build such a pit for myself. But having said that, I love to see what others in the community are planning / developing / building. No I'm not jealous, just in awe really. So please keep the updates coming with the photos.

Silverbeard

[img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif[img]

IP Logged

twisted8

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
sim is looking great! how will you be interfacing your overhead panel with the airplane?

I'm also building a 757 sim my757sim.com but I have been using leveld767 since it has an sdk. I would like to use the captain sim 757 but not sure how to make the leds and switches work. For the 767 I use the sdk it comes with.

Thanks

IP Logged

SEAN ZARELLA

Reply #3 - May 29th, 2016 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Unfortunatly there is no SDK or open based software for CS  " please make this happen.." !     So i manually added KEY commands in each gau  .XML  so i can control every knob and switch on the plane with joysticks ect, or in my case Overhead panel switches and FSUIPC

For led, I am manually wiring them through the switch with no feed back unfortunatly but will work none the less.  but will make it much immersive, and getting rid of clicking on screen for commands.

IP Logged

SEAN ZARELLA

Reply #4 - May 29th, 2016 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Update !

Things have been going well here.

Updates include a new dual saitek Mod, including Flap and speed brake light plates, Custom Front box for korry indicators and fuel cut off switches,

added a parking brake handle connected to Push pull switch and Korry indicator.

and OVERHEAD  COMPLETE well production now comes time for wiring mounting, ....

Current state of the sim,   This was on Jim2 approach into KPHL  man love the ACE yoke!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top