Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 FSX@War supports FSX Weapon (CS) (Read 11575 times)
Chris_P

FSX@War supports FSX Weapon (CS)
Sep 17th, 2015 at 11:09am
Print Post  
FSX@War team & project, will "officialy" support FSX Weapon by CS, amongst other
weapon solutions.
Testing of CS Weapons in FSX@War goes very well with great results, as you may see
at the video below :

IP Logged

bovsam

Re: FSX@War supports FSX Weapon (CS)
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone,

For those who nerver heard of FSX@War, it is free addon which is  yet in development and which will basically turn your sim (FSX, FSX SE or P3D) into a battlefield.

The main features are:

- A theatre, Lybia, enriched with nearly 70 strategic sites (refineries, air bases, chemical plants, factories, ...)

- A campaign of 25 missions based on operation Unified Protector that you will be able to fly in SP or in MP.

- Realistic effects of destruction (visually and physically) depending on the weapon, the target and the point of impact.

- Different object aspects: operationnal, damaged and destroyed.

- AI aircrafts that will fly over Libya.

- A briefing/logbook/debriefing interface that will record your mission and help you to understand what happened.

- Tools to build your own theatre and/or campaign.

One of our objective is also to unify the different weapon systems around a single platform. Therefore you will be able to use CS Weapons pack as well as other other and Milviz F-15E (and maybe vACMI). You will also be able to fly in MP with different weapon systems: the first player could fly in a F/A-18E using other, the second one could use a F/A-18A and CS Weapons Pack and the last one Milviz F-15E and they could fly a mission and destroy a refinery together.

other is the first weapon system we supported, now CS Weapons Pack is officially supported and I am currently working on supporting Milviz F-15E. I may add support for v ACMI as well but it mostly depend on user requests.
The following CS weapons are now implemented:

AGM-114K
AGM-65E
AGM-84E
AGM-88C
CBU-59
CBU-72
CBU-87
CBU-97
GBU-10
GBU-12 
GBU-16 
GBU-31
GBU-32
Hydra-70
M60C
M61Vulcan
MK-82
MK-83 
MK-84
Zuni-127

If you would like FSX@War to support other weapons you can write it in this thread. I am also looking for reliable data, especially on british and russian weapons.

We already release "CCP" (Convoy and Carrier Planner) which is a kind of preview of FSX@War: using it you will be able to spawn ground convoys following or not FSX roads, boats, carriers, airplanes, other SAM sites,other tankers and other cariers.

You can find further informations regarding FSX@War or download CCP on our website or our forum. Unfortunately I am not allowed to write URL nor to put images on this forum... due to anti-spam system maybe?

Sorry for all my english mistakes, FSX@War is mostly a French -speaking team.

Greetings!  Wink

Bovsam

IP Logged

Chris_P

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Another demo video recorded in Slew mode for better & easier
demonstrating the effect of CS Weapons inside FSX@War (Vulcan, Zuni Rockets, AGMs) :

CS Weapons have realistic (according to RL data) effects upon the targets they impact (depending of type of weapon, type of target and impact distance as mentioned).
Overall a realistic & challenging experience for the v-pilot using this weapon addon.

According to FSX@War team, if things go as scheduled, FSX@War may be a Christmas gift...  Cool

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
This looking good, I am liking the effects and smoking debris. Looking forward to it being released.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Chris_P

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
CS Weapons in Action within FSX@War : Tornado GR4 (modded)

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Nice video. Thanks for sharing.

Small question. I noticed that at one stage the bombs were above the Tornado (from 1:05 minutes to 1:10 minutes in the video). Is that a fault with dropping bombs in CS Weapon for FSX? Or something else?

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Chris_P

Reply #6 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
These were not free falling bombs but laser guided. So they follow their own path to the target.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Okay. Sorry about that, I just assumed they were dumb bombs that were dropped on the target and not guided (smart) bombs. Shocked

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

bovsam

Reply #8 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone

For those who are using CCP (or waiting for FSX@War release  Wink ) we released today the version 1.3.2.8 of CCP.
Unfortunately, I can't post link in this forum but search for fsxwar.com if you want to download it.

CCP is an add-on that spawns ground convoys (tanks, trucks, infantry vehicles, ...) that follow or not roads, boats, airplanes or invisible targets to use with photoreal sceneries where you want in FSX, FSX SE and P3D. All of these are SimObject so that they are destroyable with other weapons or CS Weapon Pack and CCP provides many ground vehicles (such as T-72, BMP-2, BTR-60, Ural trucks, M109, ...).
CCP also enables you to create .tps file (other scenario) that spawn tankers, SAM sites, carrier, drone or airplanes. All of these features are synchronized in MP so that you can use CCP in MP session to spawn targets.

Please find all details on our website or our forum for tutorials, shared missions, support, ...

Also, Blue made two excellent tutorials about CCP. (Search CCP 1.3.2.8 on youtube)

Changelog 1.3.2.8:

add : possibility to save many oob.xml in a 1 Mission file to re-import later from the Monitor View
    add : possibility to import TPS file
    add : possibility to modify all values of an imported TPS file
    add : possibility to remove object in TPS file (with delete key after select object in the list or with middle mouse button on one point of the map)
    add : possibility to modify all values of an imported Airplane OOB file
    add : possibility to remove object in Airplane OOB file (with delete key after select object in the list or with middle mouse button on the point of the map)
    add : heading helper for TPS file (on map use CTRL + Left Clic to have automatically the heading)
    add : "IFF Team" for TPS SimpleAI_Aircraft (other 1.4.2.4 or later needed)
    add : panel.cfg for Misc Empty Targets. They are now synchronize in MP
    add : unify method to import convoy in single and MP mode
    add : verify all Simobjects exist when importing Mission
    add : better indexation of installed Simobjects
    add : add external path airplanes in indexing list of simobjects
    add : add more and better Error catcher
    add : convertion Decimal lat/lon to Degrees/Minutes/Secondes in TPS file
    add : Serbia Map and Roads
    add : Vietnam Map and Roads
    add : new Ground Vehicles (Tank, TractorTrailer, Truck, VAB, WorkMachine) (thanks RafaleMirage)
    add : new Airplanes : Eurofighter and Mig-23 (thanks to RafaleMirage)
    add : AI Traffic for Eurofighter and Mig-23
    add : patterns formation for Boats
    add : limitations for TPS file (thanks to Blue) :
        Carrier : max 1
        Tanker : max 1
        Drone : max 1
        SamSite_xx : max 10
        SimpleAI_Boat_xx : max 99
        SimpleAI_Aircraft_xx && Photoreal_Objects : max 99
    add : altitude in Monitor is now shown in feets if user have choose Feets as default Unit
    add : possibility to add the same convoy more than one time
    add : use default start position for pbf files if no start point define by user
    add : default zoom factor in pbf ini file
    add : show Error when simconnect DLL not found

fix : bug in Monitor. Ground or Boats convoys don't start if there is airplane in convoys list
    fix : bug in Monitor. Some convoys don't start if the start time is the same for all convoys
    fix : bug in Monitor. Altitude when spawn on carrier
    fix : bug in Monitor. Spawn on carrier not work sometimes
    fix : bug in Monitor. Start On Carrier when there is more than Carrier
    fix : bug in Monitor. Error when try to delete empty Convoy line in Monitor list
    fix : bug in Monitor. When delete convoy in Monitor
    fix : bug in Monitor. Remove possibility to rename convoy in monitor
    fix : bug in Monitor. Correct altitude for waypoints sended to airplanes
    fix : in Monitor. Remove synchro CCP Simobjects for P3D (all simobjects are synchronize by P3D)
    fix : bug in other. TPS Team Number choice : now you choose between 0 to 7
    fix : bug in other. SamSite : Only the SA-2 can be spawn (each models doesn't show now in viewer)
    fix : bug in other. Unhandled exception when select object in listview after adding multiple simpleAI_Aircraft for "other" section
    fix : bug in other. Error when importing TPS file and add Photoreal Objects
    fix : bug in other. KTAS shown for Photoreals Objects
    fix : bug in other and Airplane AI. Error if "Choose Destination" not found
    fix : bug in Airplane AI. Altitude Unit conversion for Airplane (feets <--> meters) for export/import. Altitude in oob.xml is always in meters
    fix : bug in Airplane AI. Remove the possibility to change aircraft after add the first waypoint for "Airplane" section
    fix : bug in Airplane AI. Airplanes are created now X minutes before the start like all over CCP AI Objects
    fix : bug in Airplane AI. Airplanes convoy now follow the good path even if it start after a Ground or Boats Convoy
    fix : bug in Main. FSUIPC redirect link error
    fix : bug in Model Reader error when simobject folder no ".mdl" or not the good ".cfg" file
    fix : Compatibility with Windows 10
    fix : Desktop shortcuts are created only if game is present

info : rewrite and clean lot part of code
    info : client synchro for FSX and FSX SE always disable

Special thanks go to Motus who is the main coder of CCP and who did an excellent work.

IP Logged

Victory103

Reply #9 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Great vids Chris P, have not seen the Apache ones yet with CS Weps. Those are the ones I am interested in as the armed helos do not normally get any "love" in this new realm of bring FSX into the combat sim world. I have both payware AH-64 models (Virt/Area51) and have basic CS panels in them so far.

ARMY PROPS
DUSTOFF
USN SOML

IP Logged

Chris_P

Reply #10 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 3:24am
Print Post  
Yes. The great thing is that CS Weapons & other weapon addons do the same damage inside FSX@War to the same targets.
That means "unification" through the various weapon addons inside FSX@War.
Purpose is in MP the ability of people flying together using different weapon solutions but having the same results...
Of course for CS Weapons, invisible targets has also to be spawned for the weapons to lock upon. For unguided weapons no need.
Another issue is that CS Weapons can destroy (remove from scene) only simobjects of the "Aircraft" type. Vehicles spawned with CCP are immobilized but not removed from scene (cause they are of the "vehicle" type).

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #11 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Nice project! Good luck to you and team.

IP Logged

Motus

Reply #12 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Thank you for your comment. I'm happy if CCP is useful for simmers.

I will have a look if I can add interaction between CS Weapons and CCP.

Motus

IP Logged

bovsam

Reply #13 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 8:16am
Print Post  
FSX@War is available for free right now! A compatibility Pack to use CSWeapons in FSX@War environment is also available.

You will find more details on our forum or on our facebook page.

Regards. Smiley

Bovsam

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top