Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Weapons panel (Read 5647 times)
ptds

Weapons panel
Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
I have made a replica weapons switch panel for my cockpit setup (phyisical switches mapped via a USB input controller). The switches are easily mapped to the key combinations, but the selector switches could really do with a second input assignment for each function to allow proper forward and backward selection using rotary encoders. Does anybody know how to add a second switch assignment to allow this to happen. I am assuming that some additional XML code will be needed or existing code modified.
Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

ptds

Re: Weapons panel
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Can anyone point me to where the xml code is that defines the rotary switch actions? I have looked in the gauges folder and nothing in there looks to be relevent. Perhaps Captain Sim could answer this if it is indeed possible.
I just want to add a seperate increment/decrement switch input to the rotary knobs rather than using a mouse click.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 12:02am
Print Post  
Just completed my Weapons panel for the cockpit. Based on the screen image but the switches operate the functions rather than using mouse clicks/keys.
Connects via USB.

still need some help with the xml code if anybody can help.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 1:17am
Print Post  
It looks great Pete. Smiley

Sorry I can't help you with the XML coding. Sad

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Joe Gucci

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2015 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Sorry but I can not figure out how to start a new thread. So I will try my question here. When i first started using weapons I could shoot boats in the water, now however I can not and my hud settings are the same which I will list below, any help I would be grateful for.

TTG
RNG
AA4 AIM
Trach

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Joe Gucci wrote on Oct 23rd, 2015 at 3:25am:
Sorry but I can not figure out how to start a new thread. So I will try my question here.
You need to reach 10 posts before you can create a new Topic/Thread.

Joe Gucci wrote on Oct 23rd, 2015 at 3:25am:
When i first started using weapons I could shoot boats in the water, now however I can not and my hud settings are the same which I will list below, any help I would be grateful for.

TTG
RNG
AA4 AIM
Trach
Try Weapon for FSX on a default aircraft (or the F/A-18 Armed/LX-45 that is included when you install it), and in a location that only uses default scenery, and see if it works okay there.

You could also try a reinstall using the Repair option to see if that solves the problem.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

dc8flightdeck

Reply #6 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Pete,
I like your panel. Did you make any progress?
Im trying to do something similar but I want to use individual toggle switches to activate individual functions rather than cycle the sub modes in the XML. For example Id like to set up a specific toggle switch to select an AIM-9 missile without cycling though the sub modes.

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #7 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Hi dc8flightdeck,

Sorry for the very late reply! I have not been on the forums for a long time. In the end I changed my rotary switches to rotary encoders they work fine but only in one direction. I have done no more but I did find an interesting read. Some one had wired a 10K resistor between switch contacts and then used FSUIPC to record values against switch positions. I have not tried this yet but it could be a way forward for you.
Let me know if you have made any progress.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top