Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 757 Captain in FSX-SE (Read 21069 times)
Markoz
CS Team

757 Captain in FSX-SE
Dec 23rd, 2014 at 3:10am
Print Post  
I have copied the 757 Captain over to Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition and it works. The Nav, Beacon and Strobe lights are not working, but aside from that, it works just like it does in FSX. This means that it still suffers from the missing T/D and/or end of the route. If you have not installed the latest version of FSUIPC (http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/), go and get and install it. It will create a DLL.XML file for FSX-SE if one does not already exist!

How I did it:

1. Create a Captain_Sim folder in Steam\steamapps\common\FSX (you will be copying things into it in step 2).

2. Copy the 757 AND navigation folders AND the Captain_Sim.b757.menu.dll file from the FSX\Captain_Sim folder to the Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Captain_Sim folder (created in step 1).

3. Copy the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B757-200 folder, and paste them in the Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes folder. You can also copy the CS_B757-300 and CS_B757-200F folders if you have the Expansion Models.

4. Copy the cs757_edge.fx, cs757_land.fx, cs757_navgre.fx, cs757_navred.fx, cs757_navwhi.fx and cs757_sf.fx files from the FSX\Effects folder to the Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\effects folder.

5. Copy the cs757_1.bmp file from the FSX\Effects\texture folder to the Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\effects\texture folder.

6. You MUST copy the info for the CS 757 from the DLL.XML file for FSX to the DLL.XML file for FSX-SE. Open the C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Microsoft\FSX folder, then open the DLL.XML file (it may be in lower case, not upper case). Copy these lines:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim 757 Sound</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\757\cs.sound.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

You must make sure that they are between the last </Launch.Addon> and the </SimBase.Document> lines or you will mess it up, so BACK IT UP BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES TO IT!

********************************************************************************

I think I have found out why the cockpit sounds are not working in most of the Captain Sim addon aircraft in FSX-SE, but my attempts to fix it don't work. The error seems to be in the way FSX-SE enters the trusted cs.sound.dll file.

For example, in the FSX.CFG it is listed as:
J:\Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\757\cs.sound.dll.nqienoeouinoabhqqwhanqekwlwatteninbzwazc=1 - FSX is installed in J:\Flight Simultor X

While in the FSX-SE.CFG it is entered as:
Captain_Sim\757\cs.sound.dll.nqienoeouinoabhqqwhanqekwlwatteninbzwazc=1

I have added the I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\ in front of the line, but every time I do it and start FSX-SE, it asks me to trust the gauge again and enters it again the without preceding I:\Steamapps\common\FSX\. Sad

********************************************************************************

Other than those issues I mentioned, the 757-200/300/200F work fine in FSX-SE!

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

montanamoondog

Re: 757 Captain in FSX-SE
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Markoz,
I installed a fresh CS 757-200 to FSX-SE.  When I load a flight the  FMC and attitude indicator are blank.  Do you have any suggestions to fix this?

Thank you.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 12:30am
Print Post  
montanamoondog wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 11:49pm:
Markoz,
I installed a fresh CS 757-200 to FSX-SE.  When I load a flight the  FMC and attitude indicator are blank.  Do you have any suggestions to fix this?

Thank you.

When the 757 was installed, it was most likely added the following:

<Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>

to the FSX DLL.XML (copy and paste this %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml into the run command to open the FSX DLL.XML file).

You need to copy it from there, and paste it into the FSX-SE DLL.XML file (copy and paste this %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\dll.xml into the run command to open the FSX-SE DLL.XML file).

MAKE A BACKUP OF THE FSX-SE DLL.XML FILE BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES TO IT!!! Just in case you mess it up. Wink

NOTE. This is the only fix I can think of to get it to run correctly. Hopefully a merge tool, like the one create for the 777 Captain, will be created for the 757 Captain. We just need to give them some time to get it done. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

montanamoondog

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
I found %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml and copied it's contents.  I then tried to run %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\dll.xml and I get a message that says it's not found on this computer.  I'm stuck.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 12:27am
Print Post  
montanamoondog wrote on Jan 14th, 2015 at 10:48pm:
I found %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml and copied it's contents.  I then tried to run %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\dll.xml and I get a message that says it's not found on this computer.  I'm stuck.

That's okay. The best way to get it created, is to install FSUIPC, which will create the DLL.XML file for you. The free version is good enough and it will install FSUIPC in FSX, FSX-SE, P3D v1.x and P3D v2.x if you happen to have them all installed! I no longer have P3D v1.4 installed. Cheesy

You can get FSUIPC version 4.938c  from here (direct download link):
http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/Install_FSUIPC4938c.zip

This is, at the time of writing this reply, the latest version.

Once that's installed, following my instructions should work.

Note. FSUIPC free has no time limit.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

montanamoondog

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 1:04am
Print Post  
I installed the latest version of FSUIPC. 

I brought up the RUN and entered: %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml.

That gave me this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Captain Sim Menu</Name>

<Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b757.menu.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

I copied it.  Brought up the RUN prompt again and pasted this:
%AppData%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\dll.xml

I then get the message:

Location not available....location doesn't exist. 

Not sure if this matters but I have never had FSX on this laptop until I saw it was available on Steam. 

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 2:56am
Print Post  
This is what is in my FSX-SE DLL.XML file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim 777 Sound</Name>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\777\cs.sound.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim 520 Menu</Name>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\520\cs.sound.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim 727 Menu</Name>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\727\Captain_Sim.p727.menu.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim 707 Sound</Name>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\707\cs.sound.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim 737 Sound</Name>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\737\cs.sound.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim 767 Sound</Name>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\767\cs.sound.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim Sound</Name>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\bin\cs.sound.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

So I suggest you copy your DLL.XML file from the the %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX folder to the %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX-SE folder, THEN deletete everything in it, and REPLACE it with the following and save it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

See if that helps.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Pedro Trindade

Reply #7 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Hi all, 

I'm thinking on buying this beauty. Are these tweaks still needed to run it on my FSXSE installation?

Thanks

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #8 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 3:07am
Print Post  
Pedro Trindade wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:08am:
Hi all, 

I'm thinking on buying this beauty. Are these tweaks still needed to run it on my FSXSE installation?

Thanks

Updates have been released for FSX-SE since I wrote the original post. So it is highly likely that you can just install it and it will work correctly. I have FSX and FSX-SE installed on my computer, so I can't say if a straight out install will work on FSX-SE. Hopefully someone who has replaced FSX with FSX-SE can provide you with the answer.

If by chance it doesn't work correctly by just installing it, I hope Captain Sim will release an fsx-se migration tool for the 757 Captain (and all the rest of the aircraft for FSX). Undecided

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Pedro Trindade

Reply #9 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 3:07am:
Pedro Trindade wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:08am:
Hi all, 

Thanks

Updates have been released for FSX-SE since I wrote the original post. So it is highly likely that you can just install it and it will work correctly. I have FSX and FSX-SE installed on my computer, so I can't say if a straight out install will work on FSX-SE. Hopefully someone who has replaced FSX with FSX-SE can provide you with the answer.

If by chance it doesn't work correctly by just installing it, I hope Captain Sim will release an fsx-se migration tool for the 757 Captain (and all the rest of the aircraft for FSX). Undecided

Thanks for your reply, Markoz. I downloaded the demo last night and the ailerons and elevators were not working. No problems with the throttle or rudder. I'll probably wait a bit more to buy it.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Here is a list of things that don't work in the Demo version:

Please note, the following features are not included in the Free Demo:
• Extensive Systems Programming (ADI, HSI, EICAS displays inop)
• Flight Management System (CDU inop)
• Realistic Flight Model (flight controls locked in the Demo)
• Custom system sounds and crew voice messages
• Authentic Sound Set - PW and RR engines (alias to default 737 sounds in the Demo)
• Collins WXR-2100 Weather Radar
• Aeronautical Data including Terminal Procedures
• Repaint Kit

The one I highlighted explains why they did not work. Wink

EDIT. I will uninstall it from my FSX, and install it in FSX-SE to see if it installs properly.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Pedro Trindade

Reply #11 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 5:30am:
Here is a list of things that don't work in the Demo version:

Please note, the following features are not included in the Free Demo:
• Extensive Systems Programming (ADI, HSI, EICAS displays inop)
• Flight Management System (CDU inop)
• Realistic Flight Model (flight controls locked in the Demo)
• Custom system sounds and crew voice messages
• Authentic Sound Set - PW and RR engines (alias to default 737 sounds in the Demo)
• Collins WXR-2100 Weather Radar
• Aeronautical Data including Terminal Procedures
• Repaint Kit

The one I highlighted explains why they did not work. Wink

EDIT. I will uninstall it from my FSX, and install it in FSX-SE to see if it installs properly.

I didn't noticed that. Sorry, my fault. Huh
Very kind of you. Thanks for your help, appreciated, mate. Smiley

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #12 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Hi Pedro.

I did like I said I would, and I did a complete uninstall of the 757 (including the 757-300 & 757-200F expansion models) from FSX, that included deleting the Windows Registry entries. I then did an install directly into FSX-SE, that required me to re-activate the products, which was done without any problems. It installed just like it would in FSX.

Then I did a one hour test flight from YMML to YSSY, and everything worked perfectly! Not only that, it worked better than it did in FSX. I either had a better frame rate, or FSX-SE handled the graphics/textures better than FSX does. Because of this, I can see and understand why some people are moving from FSX to FSX-SE!

NOTE: Because I still have FSX installed, the ACE was seeing my FSX installation and any changes I made, it was trying to make to a non-existent 757 Captain in FSX! I had change where it was looking for FSX (in the ACE Tools tab) so that any changes I made would work. That worked fine once I did it! Also, when loading a flight, FSX-SE went to my Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder, instead of my Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files folder. Whether I changed something in FSX-SE so that it would do that, I don't remember. I did a lot of things to get the Captain Sim aircraft addons working in FSX-SE back when it was first released. The patches for FSX-SE since the initial release have eliminated the need for most, if not all, of them.

I hope that if FSX is not present, then the ACE will "see" FSX-SE as FSX, and of course that FSX-SE will search for flight in the correct folder.
One problem that I did find and may not be able to work around, is that the CDU/FMS saves and loads flights to my Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder. I do not know how to change that. I'll see if I can find out how, but I make no guarantee that I will be able to.

One thing I would like to make very clear, is that I am NOT a member of the Captain Sim staff, or dev team!

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Pedro Trindade

Reply #13 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 5:23am:
Hi Pedro.

I did like I said I would, and I did a complete uninstall of the 757 (including the 757-300 & 757-200F expansion models) from FSX, that included deleting the Windows Registry entries. I then did an install directly into FSX-SE, that required me to re-activate the products, which was done without any problems. It installed just like it would in FSX.

Then I did a one hour test flight from YMML to YSSY, and everything worked perfectly! Not only that, it worked better than it did in FSX. I either had a better frame rate, or FSX-SE handled the graphics/textures better than FSX does. Because of this, I can see and understand why some people are moving from FSX to FSX-SE!

NOTE: Because I still have FSX installed, the ACE was seeing my FSX installation and any changes I made, it was trying to make to a non-existent 757 Captain in FSX! I had change where it was looking for FSX (in the ACE Tools tab) so that any changes I made would work. That worked fine once I did it! Also, when loading a flight, FSX-SE went to my Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder, instead of my Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files folder. Whether I changed something in FSX-SE so that it would do that, I don't remember. I did a lot of things to get the Captain Sim aircraft addons working in FSX-SE back when it was first released. The patches for FSX-SE since the initial release have eliminated the need for most, if not all, of them.

I hope that if FSX is not present, then the ACE will "see" FSX-SE as FSX, and of course that FSX-SE will search for flight in the correct folder.
One problem that I did find and may not be able to work around, is that the CDU/FMS saves and loads flights to my Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder. I do not know how to change that. I'll see if I can find out how, but I make no guarantee that I will be able to.

One thing I would like to make very clear, is that I am NOT a member of the Captain Sim staff, or dev team!

Thank you for help.

Cheers

IP Logged

Riccardo

Reply #14 - May 31st, 2015 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Hi, I got 757CS 4.6 for FSX. But now I only use FSXSE, a new fresh install on a clean system, and I'd like to know if I can install the original installer (4.6) as is and if are there any updates to fit FSXSE. Thanks so much for your help.

Riccardo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top