Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Bleed off APU (Read 1671 times)
cj95

Bleed off APU
Oct 18th, 2014 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Good morning.

I'm in the midst of my first CS 777 flight and so far so good.

Seeing as I have 8 or so hours to kill making the London to Miami hop, I thought id ask about one small issue.

I'm getting a Bleed APU Off warning on the center screen and I'm not sure what to do.

I'm in the habit of shutting off the bleed once I got the engines online and APU off, but why then is this a warning?  Isn't that SOP?

I can make the light go away by reopening the bleed valve, but if the APU is off, then what is the point?

Oh well...minor issue.

(Other than the 91kt headwinds I'm facing). Undecided

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: Bleed off APU
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
I can only check with the QRH stating:
Quote:
BLEED OFF APU
One of the following occurs:
•The APU bleed valve is closed because of a system fault
•The APU bleed switch is OFF

That switch is a set and forget one, so to speak. "Auto" is your normal position (which applies to a lot on the 777) and any OFF condition would point to an active failure scenario.

Besides, I can highly recommend a small tool making long flights very enjoyable and less 'looking at the sim's water, for eight hours'. It's called Quantum Leap and you can find it here: [url]http://asn.another company.com/?p=24688[/url] You can use it to take off heavy, like you would on long flights, and then jump closer to your destination, lets say 400nm out. So you can still run some cruise and, most importantly, a nice landing more often.

IP Logged

cj95

Re: Bleed off APU
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 5:36am
Print Post  
Ah...its on AUTO function.

Im still in the 757 mindset, thanks for the tip.

Regarding Quantum leap, I have looked at this before, and the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the fact I use FSACARS to track hours for my Virtual Airline.

Also (sometimes) I use FSPASSENGERS for flying and it is notorious for slapping your hands if you do anything akin to  'cheating'.

(their words..not mine)

Thanks for the suggestion though sir.  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top