Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 FMC (incl LNAV, VNAV) (Read 12232 times)
Prayog

Re: FMC (incl LNAV, VNAV)
Reply #30 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 7:19am
Print Post  
Mark, Tanya, can you please confirm if above is an issue or it might be something I missed/did wrong ?

Regards
Prayog

IP Logged

guy

Reply #31 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Prayog wrote on Apr 2nd, 2016 at 6:34am:
1. The plane did not descent gradually towards runway. While runway was really near plane was still almost 500 feet above what normally it could have been. In the end, it had a very rapid descent (with nose down almost 10 degree) towards runway. Because of this the speed increased way beyond its own control. Center line was missed as well.

2. There was almost no flare. Both the main landing gear and nose gear touched runway, within split of a second.

AUTOLAND (with flare and rollout) works very WELL here (with Fsx-Sp2) and I use it very often.

First do you have the latest version 1.7 of the CS777 (released on feb 23) ?

What you describe can happen if one intercepts the ILS too late or the GS from above or if one is too fast.
You should intercept the GS  from BELOW and be "ESTABLISHED" on the ILS 8-10 miles out.
In RW the approach must be "STABILIZED" at 1000 ft afe (with Ifr), otherwise you have to go around.

Some general info from Boeing for a good approach:
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/qtr_02_10/5/

Hope that helps. Smiley
Guy

IP Logged

Prayog

Reply #32 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Hi Guy,
   yes I am on updated 1.7 version using P3D V3.2
As far as I recollect, I intercepted ILS quite in time atl east 15-20 miles out. The GS had enough time to become alive which it did. My generic observation is, the descent calculation is happening incorrectly, that the plane remains at higher altitude than it should be (Ideally it should also adjust descent with speed once GS is live). I will go through the document you have provided, thanks for that, however I still feel that I might be doing something wrong here. Can I request you to please list some granular steps especially with speed that you maintain (assuming we both have plane 777-300 for which VLS has been calculated to be 145 Knots) while approach in FSX ? I will replicate the same i P3D and confirm back the results.  Undecided

IP Logged

guy

Reply #33 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Prayog wrote on Apr 2nd, 2016 at 6:34am:
However it was also observed that correcting barometer (whether one increase or decrease) show no correction of altitude in PFD.
Regards
Prayog

This is effectively true !
The ALTITUDE on the PFD does not change while the one given by the backup-altimeter is changing correctly.

Imho what is displayed on the PFD of the CS777 (independently of Qnh/Std setting)  is the altitude AMSL 
(above mean sea level, this is also what is displayed by shift-Z).

The BACKUP altimeter seems also NOT to be working CORRECTly.
On cruise at FL350 with STD setting the Pfd-alt showed well 35000 ft while the backup showed 36580 ft !?
With QNh setting(28.35 in) they showed both 35000ft !

I have made also some landing TESTs (using Fsx-Sp2) setting the QNH pressure to the EXTREME  value of 970 Hp(28.35 in) at Lipz (alt=20ft).
On final ,using Qnh setting, at 500 ft afe the PFD-altimeter showed the CORRECT value while the  Backup showed a minus of about -300!
On an other flight both  were equally showing the correct value.

All this has had NO influence on the AUTOLANDs which went WELL (flare and touch-down with a ROD of about 200-300ft/min(a bit hard) and nose-gear  touching down 5-7 seconds after mains)

As for the procedure I can not explain it better than the Boeing document.
The important thing is to have speed down to about 170 with flaps 15 when approaching the GS interception.
Just before interception (GS alive) set the flaps to 20, lower the gear and then begin to reduce speed slowly
After interception continue speed reduction to Vref+5, set flaps 25 and 30 and after that adapt speed to stay perfectly on the GS.

If that is not enough, then google "Boeing 777 Fctm".
In the FCTM you have the detailed operating practices and techniques. (chapter 5 "Approach and missed approach")

That's all ! Practice makes perfect ! Smiley

Guy

IP Logged

Joeflyer

Reply #34 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
I finally got around to installing V 1.7 and am happy to report the aircraft is finally following the planned flight route and doesn't wonder off course like it did before. The 3 particular nit noids I don't care for in the current version is the loss and gain of altitude when the aircraft has to make turns during flight. The autopilot does not do a good job of maintaining altitude if the aircraft is in a 25 degree bank. The autothrottle lags as well. Also, occasionally the rudder will move full right during taxi and while hand flying the takeoff and landing.  Maybe there is an adjustment in my system that needs to be made to keep the rudder from deflecting occasionally like this but I haven't found it yet. Suggestions are welcome!

&&

IP Logged

PeteFly82

Reply #35 - May 1st, 2016 at 9:12am
Print Post  
System: Win7, P3D v.3.2, CS 777 v.1.7:

Bugs so far with version 1.7:
- Often after entering a waypoint I experience a crash to desktop.
- Often after clicking on "PERF" on the FMC I experience a crash to desktop
- Sometimes the autopilot changes autothrottle-speed all of a sudden by itself to a much higher speed.
- The sound.cfg has sometimes too low values. E.g. the gears down/up are not hearable.
- TCAS not working properly.

To sum up: In the actual state I cannot use the CS 777 v.1.7. Too many CTDs.

IP Logged

CesarW

Reply #36 - Nov 4th, 2016 at 12:21am
Print Post  
PeteFly82 wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 9:12am:

- Sometimes the autopilot changes autothrottle-speed all of a sudden by itself to a much higher speed.
- The sound.cfg has sometimes too low values. E.g. the gears down/up are not hearable.

I have the same CTD when I sometimes put waypoints.  I was finally learning how to use the FMC to nav  Grin

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #37 - Nov 5th, 2016 at 2:05am
Print Post  
CesarW wrote on Nov 4th, 2016 at 12:21am:
PeteFly82 wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 9:12am:

I have the same CTD when I sometimes put waypoints.  I was finally learning how to use the FMC to nav  Grin

I didn't have any CTD's with the 777 v1.7 in P3Dv3.2 in Win7, and I'm not having any CTD's in P3Dv3.4 in Win7, so I am at a loss as to why you are having them.

If any of you having this problem, could post the routes you are entering when it happens, I would be happy to give them a try to see if I can replicate the CTD's.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1x2TB SSHD, 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.2
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.2

IP Logged

Joel Shapira

Reply #38 - Nov 11th, 2016 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Good evening, I just installed v 1.71 into P3D v3.4 under win 10.
the FMC works perfectly in cockpit 3D view, when rotating view (A) to view with large FMC  in center view all systems around FMC work fine, The FMC does not respond (the mouse cursor does not change) and it's like a picture....Please advise. Thanks

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #39 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 10:36am
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.8

IP Logged

papab

Reply #40 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Feb 28th, 2017 at 10:36am:
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.8

I downloaded V1.8
When I start the aircraft the CDU is not on....
The only way to get them to turn on is to start the APU-Is this correct?
I uninstalled and reinstalled twice with the same results
Rick

Insanity-Doing the same thing everyday expecting different results!

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #41 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
It should turn on once you press the battery button on the OH panel

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1x2TB SSHD, 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.2
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.2

IP Logged

papab

Reply #42 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 11:01pm:
It should turn on once you press the battery button on the OH panel

Battery button is already on, my default 172 is cold and dark ,but the 777 loads with everything on including the battery. To turn on the CDU I turn on the APU
Go figure

Rick

Insanity-Doing the same thing everyday expecting different results!

IP Logged

Woof

Reply #43 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Hi, running CS777 with freighter and exp, P3D V3 (can't wait for your V4), When I try to load flight plan, it displays my list, I select one, then it shows route page, I enter airport ID and it says not in database. It will usually post the legs without a dep loc. Have tried several different airports, all on saved flight plans, same problem. Nav data page shows navaid inhibit, vor only inhibit. How can I fix this?  It was working fine a month or so ago.

When I copy nav data from crenado or carenadonavigraph to the captain sim folder, problem is fixed, What is the correct way?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top