Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 EXTERIOR MODEL & TEXTURES (Read 9283 times)
rsvette12

Re: EXTERIOR MODEL & TEXTURES
Reply #15 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 2:57am
Print Post  
There seems to be a mapping problem I have painted two others and didnt notice this until almost finishing my third paint - there is two issues - color not matching and the door being cut off does not look good any help would be appreciated - thank you

Your factory paints have the same problem so its not my painting

IP Logged

rsvette12

Reply #16 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
I have seen from older shots of 777 that this has been there since day one so I would assume this will not be addressed  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Boeing777_300er

Reply #17 - Aug 22nd, 2014 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Hello everyone,

To be blunt, I am at my wits end. I have recently purchased the Captain Sim 777 1.4 for Prepar3d v2. I am running v2.3. When I follow installation instructions, I cannot see landing gear, displays, etc. I know this is a problem with activation and it is an anti-piracy measure. However, I have tried the following solutions to fix it:

1. I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall by deleting registry values, manual activation, the works
2. I have tried a restart and running as administrator both Prepar3d and the Captain Sim installer
3. I have re-downloaded the installation file
4. I have turned off firewalls and anti-virus programs

Please help, I am very surprised by the lack of customer service at Captain Sim, I have always held their products in high regard, but to advertise a product that does not even work is very concerning.

Any help at all is welcome!

IP Logged

philwhite100

Reply #18 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
I bought the 777 for P3dv2 and I also cannot see the landing gear. It did appear in V2.2 but not when I did a complete fresh install with V2.3

Win7 Ultimate 64bit - 16gig of Samsung Green 1600mhz @1866mhz DDR3 - Intel 3570k @ 4.2Ghz - Nvidia GTX770 4GB- FSX with Accelleration pack - REX Essentials with Overdrive - J/F VFR Scenery -  Saitek Pro Yoke and Multi Panel and radio Panel - X-Plane 10 - Prepar3D V2&&.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #19 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 2:22am
Print Post  
philwhite100 wrote on Sep 22nd, 2014 at 10:33pm:
I bought the 777 for P3dv2 and I also cannot see the landing gear. It did appear in V2.2 but not when I did a complete fresh install with V2.3

Try doing a complete uninstall/reinstall as described in KB #685:

Q: How to reinstall a product?

A:
Quite a number of "issues" are caused by using of outdated version of a product. Prior to submitting a support request please make sure you have current version of a product.

To reinstall a product please perform the following steps in exact order:
Uninstall the product:
1. Go to Start> Programs> Captain Sim.
2. Select the product you wish to uninstall.
3. Click uninstall icon.

Install the product:
4. Make sure you have the latest version of the product
5. Run the product installer (the .exe file) and follow the prompts.
Please note: valid Order Number and Internet connection are required for installation/activation.

Please make sure you run the installation file as Administrator and that "User Account Control" is disabled (for Vista and Windows7), it limits admins ability to install programs.

If regular reinstall did not fix your problem you can try to clean registry.
Please be careful and do it on your own risk!

How to clean Registry:
1. Uninstall the product
2. Go to Start> Run. Type: regedit, click OK.
3. Find the product entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CaptainSim\ (please note, for Windows 64bit versions it is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CaptainSim\)
For example: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CaptainSim\C130XPRO
Make sure you are going to delete correct folder!
4. Delete the product entry folder.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Install the product.

If you stil have issues and the above does not help we must admit your system configuration is a rare exception. You can try to install the product on another system or request a refund.

The part that you need to do starts at How to clean the registry.

And the folder in the registry that you need to delete is the z772 folder (see image below).

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1x2TB SSHD, 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.2
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.2
IP Logged

philwhite100

Reply #20 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 10:08am
Print Post  
OK I got mine working again. I uninstalled the aircraft then removed any remaining folders that were there. I did have to go into %APPDATA% and found stuff in there too. I then restarted the pc and installed it again and it worked.

Win7 Ultimate 64bit - 16gig of Samsung Green 1600mhz @1866mhz DDR3 - Intel 3570k @ 4.2Ghz - Nvidia GTX770 4GB- FSX with Accelleration pack - REX Essentials with Overdrive - J/F VFR Scenery -  Saitek Pro Yoke and Multi Panel and radio Panel - X-Plane 10 - Prepar3D V2&&.

IP Logged

Tanya
CS Team

Reply #21 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.5

IP Logged

glaznar

Reply #22 - Nov 12th, 2014 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
bigdaws wrote on Jul 6th, 2014 at 2:36am:
Markoz wrote on Jul 6th, 2014 at 1:52am:
bigdaws wrote on Jul 5th, 2014 at 11:27pm:
Hey guys, just wondering if you can help me on this but on my exterior model of my aircraft neither my strobes or nav lights are working only the tail light, logo, beacon, wing lights, runway turnoff lights and landing lights work. I know its such a little thing but it does make a nice difference. Thanks Smiley

Take a real close look at them, they might actually be on, but they are not very bright so you can't see them. Sad

I zoomed in full on them and squinted really hard at the screen but nothing no flicker or red or green Cry

edit: I am doing a longhaul from EGCC to KJFK, overall It has been a brilliant aircraft just a couple of bugs to iron out well at least one and just a slight optimization to it Grin

I have the same problem no nav lights and no strobes lights.
Please any solution

IP Logged

Tanya
CS Team

Reply #23 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 10:35am
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.8

IP Logged

Lemtrix

Reply #24 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Not sure if this issue already has been brought up by someone, but I have a textures issue with the right fwd cargo door, the texture is for some reason always bright/white, see attachment. it is both on default liveries and on liveries downlaoded

Screenshot_128.png ( 120 KB | 25 Downloads )
Screenshot_128.png

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top