Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
MH370 (Read 4986 times)
Lost in Isaan

MH370
Mar 31st, 2014 at 4:53am
Print Post  
I find it strange that there has been no mention of this mystery on the CS board.

Over the past few days I have been gathering as much creditable data as possible and flying different scenarios. Just completed/crashed this flight:-

After leaving WMKK the CS 772 flight envelope was remarkably close to known data reaching the acknowledged height of FL350 to within a minute and then passing over WP IGARI to within the minute (01:21 local).

Based on non proven evidence I turned sharply toward Panang and increased AP Altitude set to FL450 at 1500 fpm maintaining Mach 0.84, then released cabin pressurization  Embarrassed.  After leaving VPG I tracked to Pulau Perak and as there is no real proof that the aircraft descended to FL120 or less during that leg I descended back to FL 350 and increased speed to Mach 0.9 and reset cabin pressurization (IMHO the perpetrator wanted to be sure the flight would pass the last way point OK before finishing himself off).

I flew via GRIVAL and at IGREX turned true South and depressurized for the last time. (Morbid I know!)

The plane ran out of fuel at 07:56 local, glided for a while then ..... (they're guessing 08:11) S35deg 8.0' E94deg 25.0 just slightly South of the current search area. The CS flight model was very close to known and presumed data, well done.

Just one thing, I'm thinking the cabin pressurization dump and re-establishment should not be instantaneous.

BTW and just my sorry thoughts. I'm putting my money on the First Officer

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: MH370
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2014 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Cappy mentioned flight MH370 here http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1298308309/1666#1666 (page 112 of Lou - STORIES). I don't think it was mentioned anywhere else.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2014 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Today's revelation has put a spanner in my works:-

I have leaned toward the First Officer being the perpetrator primarily based on his obscure last transmission which did not follow standard protocols --- BUT NOW???

Quote:
For weeks, Malaysian officials have gone along with reports that the final words from the co-pilot were "all right, good night" but they have now confirmed it was "good night Malaysian 370".

What are the Malaysian Officials on? The two sentences aren't even close. What else have they screwed up/with held? Must be driving investigators nuts!

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Hi Bruce,

I flew MH370 with CaptainSim and P..G. I also was surprised that CS777 was actually more accurate than the other, although there are so many variables such as load, flight path and differences between ER and LR. Seems they took off on 32L/R at 12:41am, maintained runway heading for a while and then were cleared direct IGARI. Reached FL350 about 1:01 and last contact 1:21 at IGARI.

Of course, we're all guessing wildly at this point, but I am sure there was nothing wrong with the airplane. I also highly doubt an explosion or fire. Human interference is the culprit, whether by one of the pilots or perhaps a pair of terrorists who gained access to the cockpit when one of the pilots stepped out.

If it was one of the pilots I would suspect the captain. He was in a rough spot in his life and seemed to have an axe to grind with the government, the airline and others. The first officer seemed like an easy-going, rapidly advancing pilot who was flying as a "real" 777 first officer for the first time. He showed his interest in the passengers when he brought the cute teenagers in the cockpit.  Cool

What fuel load did you use? I haven't seen this figure anywhere. Also, what heading did you set after IGREX? It seems the route from there was a rhumb line which means HDG SELECT.

Ben

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Hello Ben,
I have read a few reports which stated MH370 left the gate with 16121 US Gallons the figure I have been using BUT as is the case here the Malaysians don't really know!!!. Although I do use REX, on this occasion I just used the FSX default for weather on 8th March in that region.

My simulation, a stock CS 772 ER (Malaysian RR livery) with a payload of 71900 lbs (approx for 239 POB and cargo allowance), departed 00:41 as per known data, I used 32L.

After IGREX I just set my next WP as the South Pole hence crashing at the same longatude as IGREX = E94deg 25.0' but S35deg 8.0' which is close to the current search zone.

Still playing with all parameters between a few beers.  Tongue

BTW - I actually flew out of KL - WMKK just prior at 00:05 the same night on an Air Asia flight to Perth WA. OK different terminals but I could have quite easily rubbed shoulders with some of the victims, doesn't bare thinking about!

EDIT: And now, turning my mind back, we departed from 14R on that flight so I would have to assume MH370 left in the same direction.

EDIT AGAIN: Looks like they departed 32R just seen this on AV Herald.
http://avherald.com/files/Audio%20Transcript_MH370%20Pilot-ATC_BIT.pdf

Regards Bruce

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2014 at 5:41am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Mar 31st, 2014 at 11:53am:
Cappy mentioned flight MH370 here http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1298308309/1666#1666 (page 112 of Lou - STORIES). I don't think it was mentioned anywhere else.

Thank god that has settled down, our peaceful plot on this earth was invaded by the worlds media.

I have no idea what happened (like everyone else) but I would nearly bet a kidney that the crew had nothing to do with this.
I actually find al the speculation quite disturbing...these guys have families.
Trial by Fox News.  Sad

Sent from my old flip phone thingy using Tapatalk HD_2016

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top