Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
FMC sets DEST = ORIG if flt pln modified in flight (Read 2024 times)
PikalaxALT

FMC sets DEST = ORIG if flt pln modified in flight
Mar 28th, 2014 at 4:15am
Print Post  
I've encountered a weird bug on my last flight from KDEN to KSLC.  I set up my route as I would any US domestic route in any FMC-equipped aircraft while on VATSIM - select the SID and STAR, but do not select runways until assigned.  At Denver, I selected the Rockies 9 departure RLG transition, direct EKR transition to the SPANE5 arrival.  I did not specify landing north or landing south at this stage.  This is when I activated, then executed, the planned route.  I then completed the perf init and called tower for my clearance.  I entered my runway, ignored a weird glitch where the aircraft route went DCT DEN DCT ZIMMR (which is incorrect since this is a radar vectors departure in mountainous terrrain).

During my climb, I noticed that KSLC, about an hour away, had no local controllers online.  My weather engine suggested that the preferred configuration at this field was south, so I went to select the ILS 16L, then returned to my legs page to check the altitude restrictions against my charts.

The IAP failed to insert, the entire STAR had been deleted, and when I went to my route page, the destination airport had been changed from KSLC to KDEN.  This affected the Progress page as well as all functions related to VNAV.

This is a bug that must be resolved as soon as possible, as it affects anyone flying online, especially those flying outside the US and Canada where all SIDs and STARs are assigned by ATC.

If it's at all related, I fly exclusively in the VC; I only use the 2D cockpit when lag makes the VC unusable (which I have not experienced on the CS 757).

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: FMC sets DEST = ORIG if flt pln modified in flight
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Although there is a big bug with the FMS when it loses the end of the route or has not T/D, I have never had it change like that.

It sounds to me like you went to the DEP/ARR page and because you were still close to KDEN, so the list of arrivals you saw was for KDEN, not for KSLC.

When you go to DEP/ARR page after activating a route, it will always offer the ARR of your departure airport for a while (I do not know the exact time/distance). So when you open the DEP/ARR page, return to the DEP/ARR INDEX page and select <ARR (LSK2R) beside KSLC.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

PikalaxALT

Re: FMC sets DEST = ORIG if flt pln modified in flight
Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
When I pressed the RTE button, page 1/X shows KDEN-KDEN.  On the DEP/ARR page, I am still able to select KSLC arrivals but they fail to insert.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top