Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Flight- & Fuelplanner (Read 4980 times)
TheFinn

Flight- & Fuelplanner
Mar 26th, 2014 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone!  Cool

I'm working on a excel-based flight- & fuelplanner, based on the calculations from AlOl I've found in this thread:
http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1282910111

You just enter;
-zero fuel weight
-estimated time of departure
-planned cruise speed (dropdown-list) and level
-distance to destination
-distance to alternate
-departure and destination airport elevation
-average rate of climb below and above 10'000ft
-average rate of descent below and above 10'000ft
-estimated ground speed while climbing above 10'000ft
-estimated ground speed while descending above 10'000ft
-estimated fuel flow at selected M (cruise speed)
-estimated time and fuel flow for a holding
-estimated taxi-out and taxi-in fuel

and it calculates;
-wake turbulence category
-endurance
-enroute time to destination (taking into account climb and descent)
-calculated fuel needed to destination (incl. taxi out/in fuel)
-calculated time of arrival at destination (taking into account climb and descent)
-calculated enroute time to alternate (taking into account climb and descent, beginning at destination)
-calculated fuel needed to alternate (excl. taxi in/out fuel)
-calculated reserve fuel (45min + holding + 10% additional)
-calculated total fuel
-calculated gross weight
-fuel distribution for each tank in weight and percent
-when the calculated fuel exceeds max. loadable fuel, all calculated fuel and time values will blank out and a big red "out of range" pop's up below the total fuel field
-when the calculated gross weight exceeds max. takeoff weight, a big red "overweight" pop's up below the GW's field and the number turns red

Havn't testet it yet, but I'm confident that the calculations will be very close to the actual values while flying in FSX. Also I'm planning to add a dropdown-list for the additional reserve to be choosen from, and maybe add a field for an average enroute-wind.

What do you think?  Cheesy

Greetings TheFinn

IP Logged

highflight

Re: Flight- & Fuelplanner
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
This looks like a very nice tool to enhance the 707 sim.

I think the only parameters that would alter results are if we use different weather add ons that produce wind variables at climb/cruise/descent. ( and then really only over long distances)

Of course with modern FMC's we can enter these variables and see the resultant fuel calculations (assuming the FMC logic works!) With the 707 its all down to tables and maths!

Anyway, it beats having to use the fuel dump when you realise your going to be overweight on landing! Grin

Will the tool require MS Excel or will it run as a stand alone tool?

Best Regards
David

On You Tube as David Herky

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2014 at 3:09am
Print Post  
Is there a link to the file in that Topic, because I couldn't find it. Or. Did you create the Excel file using the instruction in that Topic?

I am not very good at Excel. I bought a book on how and what to do stuff in Excel, but I haven't read it yet. Shocked Sad

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

TheFinn

Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2014 at 8:51am
Print Post  
highflight wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 3:44pm:
I think the only parameters that would alter results are if we use different weather add ons that produce wind variables at climb/cruise/descent. ( and then really only over long distances)

Thats why I want to include additional field for an average head- or tail-wind component, and maybe in a second stage a calculation that calculates the wind component after typing in the speed and direction. But that would require all the planned tracks of the route.

highflight wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 3:44pm:
Will the tool require MS Excel or will it run as a stand alone tool?

Actual stage it needs Excel. But when I find a way to create a standalone-tool, I would defenetly create such when I've got a final version in Excel.

Markoz wrote on Mar 27th, 2014 at 3:09am:
Is there a link to the file in that Topic, because I couldn't find it. Or. Did you create the Excel file using the instruction in that Topic?

I am not very good at Excel. I bought a book on how and what to do stuff in Excel, but I haven't read it yet.

The Excel is still WIP, and not available yet. But I'm going to share the final version of it. And if it stays as an excel-version, its going to be VERY simple to use. Just enter the values into the fields, and everything else is calculated in realtime.

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2015 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Was this tool ever released?

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

speck

Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2015 at 3:12am
Print Post