Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
"Unofficial" Support Forum (Read 1534 times)
Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

"Unofficial" Support Forum
Nov 24th, 2013 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Seems to me that people would do better to come to the actual Captain Sim forum for support. "Unofficial" forums seem to be pretty negative, and every post seems to generate a new round of the same tired old complaints. Something similar happens here when a single thread intended to collect support questions becomes hijacked by someone pursuing a grievance. But the people most knowledgeable about Captain Sim products are here, and it takes a brave man to wade into the fever swamps elsewhere.

There are forums where, unfortunately, the quickest way to gain forum cred is to complain about one or two developers "everyone knows" produce nothing but rubbish and nobody in their right mind would ever buy anything from them  Huh

Some forums are getting to be pretty negative places in general, as has been discussed recently in one of them. Say what you want, but if you ask a question here you're NOT going to be greeted with:

"READ THE FORUM REQUIREMENTS BEFORE ASKING ANYTHING!" (that's friendly!)

"FOOTNOTE 4 IN THE REVISED APPENDIX TO VERSION 3.06 OF THE MANUAL ***CLEARLY*** ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION!!! Next time RTFM BEFORE YOU POST." (i.e. before you waste my valuable time.)

"This has already been ANSWERED 10,000 TIMES!!! SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND." (Search doesn't always work that well, and if people keep asking the SAME QUESTION about your product, does that tell you something?  Cheesy )

Finally, are Captain Sim's products sometimes a little quirky? Yes. Are other devs' products perfect? No. If the CS 757 sometimes gives you a missing TD, another 757 will ALWAYS give you an overspeed on climbs at lighter weights, not to mention no altitude restrictions or workable fix page. (Don't get me wrong, I have that one, too, and enjoy it on occasion -- the point is somehow only CS gets victimized by the forum echo chamber.)

Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages in my Captain Sim products? Well, I keep happily buying and flying (starting with Konotop and then the previous 727) so I guess so.  They're my toys and I like them! furthermore, I contend that there are few forums where the support is quicker,  friendlier, and more helpful that that provided by Mark and others here. I have many airliner add-ons, and recent experience in support forums, and I know what I'm talking about.

So that's my rant for today. I feel so much better.  Grin

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: "Unofficial" Support Forum
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 2:38am
Print Post  
Thanks Tim. My thoughts are the same. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top