Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Questions (Read 4727 times)
slovride

Questions
Nov 29th, 2013 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Ok, I have had the B-52 Driver for about a year, I can fly it fine, however, I would like to know how to land with the attitude of the aircraft like a real B-52 landing, as opposed to the nose pointing high on the flare and the tail near striking distance of the ground. Any suggestions, I have tried different approach angles, speeds, and spoiler positions. In all the videos I have watched of a real B-52 landing they are level with the ground or even slightly pitched downward on the landing. I have a screenshot as an example of my B-52's landing attitude but don't know how to upload it here. This is my first post.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: FOR NEWCOMERS - ask your questions here
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 2:48am
Print Post  
I always open another window, go to the Locked Spot view (F11), the move the view to the left or right side of the plane so I can see the angle of attack during the approach. I make changes to the speed so the B-52 maintains as near to a 0o level for the landing. Doing this works best for me.

In this image, the speed needed to be around 145 KIAS. The Gross Weight was about 263,500 pounds for the approach.

Hope this helps

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

slovride

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply, I will try your suggestions, I follow the manual on flap position, airbrake position, and speeds... I can see your settings which is what I use, but I realized that I fly on full fuel, I need to check my weights, I am probly over the suggested landing weight. Will reply with my results.

IP Logged

slovride

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Well I dropped my fuel weight to 5% on all tanks to do a quick check of the landing attitude and it was absolutely perfect! What I was doing was loading up a quick take off into pattern for landing practice at Minot AFB, but didn't consider that I was flying with full fuel, ( yes I know that I should have, but my two year old is crawling on me when I have time to fly lol). Now that I reduced my fuel the plane does what it should.

By the way I highly suggest getting the add on for Minot AFB North Dakota, found mine at Simviation, adds B-52's on the ground and other things to feel like the real base.

One last question, How do I load images in here? I clicked the insert image button, but does not let me search for an image?

Thanks for the responses helped me jog through my mind to find my mistakes.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2013 at 1:24am
Print Post  
Clicking the image icon/button adds the [ img ]  [ /img ] (no spaces) brackets around a link to an image.

For example, if I add the brackets around the Captain Sim B-52 Signature Banner, like this:

Code
Select All
[img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x520/b52driver.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x520/b52driver1.jpg[/img]

then they will look like this:

And now that I have explained how you do that, you can't do add images and hyperlinks to your posts until you have reached 10 posts. Sad

Hope this helps

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top