Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
First long haul experience (Read 3972 times)
jcmc1405

First long haul experience
Aug 13th, 2013 at 4:43am
Print Post  
Hello everybody.

After a long, really long time thinking, today I decided to do a long haul with the CS777 from SKBO to LFPG (this was the first long haul Ive ever done). First time I tried it, I was experiencing a really heavy rocking effect with auto-pilot. I didnt gave up, closed the sim, and searched on the forums and found a solution, that by the way worked perfectly.

After that, I tried for a second time. The climb was perfect, (except that the plane reached the cruise level about 80nm before the T/C). Cruise was also really good. I had no problems at all.

BUT, everything became a nightmare 20nm before T/D. I selected an APP and STAR on FMC but it didnt appear in the FMC nor the ND. after a long time trying to fix it, i had to select a random APP transition and then the APP showed. Did a normal decent, when the LOC became alive I pushed APP button, But the plane didnt follow glide slope, it just kept holding the altitude while the Loc was intercepted.

To make the story shorter. I was unstable on final so I decided to make a missed approach. BIG MISTAKE. as soon as I disengaged the aP and retracted the landing gear... Fatal error. FSX  crashed, that was the end of my first long haul and the end of a 10 hour flight.  Sad

I took alot of pictures of that flight. So I will share them. And to Tania and Captain sim. if you read this, I believe this product has a Big potential, I beg captain sim to take a look at the systems modeling of this A/C (because graphics are really good). IM SURE YOU CAN MAKE A BETTER JOB.

Ok here are some of the pictures.

IP Logged

tf51d

Re: First long haul experience
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2013 at 5:05am
Print Post  
That's one of the weird quirks in CS planes. in order to get a TD you need to not only select a Star, you have to select a transition. That's fine when there is a trans to select from, but sometimes there's not. In that case every waypoint up to the last will show cruising altitude, which of course is wrong. You can fix this by setting an End of descent point in the legs page, or what I do is set the last waypoint to the minimum altitude before approach on the legs page. then the FMC will calculate a descent profile to that point and I'll get a T/D.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2013 at 6:27am
Print Post  
There are two fixes for the FMC problems regarding the missing Top of Descent (TD), and the missing end of the route (where the last waypoint is waypoint before the STAR begins), that I did for the Captain Sim 767 that also apply to their 777 (and their 757). You can view them here:

Fix for missing T/D in CDU/FMS

Fix for missing end of route

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

HarryCYUL

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
your ground textures are very blurry Shocked

IP Logged

jcmc1405

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
HarryCYUL wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 1:39pm: