Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
 25 P3D and 777-200 (Read 89660 times)
Ripcord

Re: P3D and 777-200
Reply #90 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 2:25am
Print Post  

I have the FSX version CS777 v1.4 installed in P3Dv2 using EMT.  I do not see the landing gear and instrument displays are black, and yoke is locked in one position.  This is when I run P3Dv2 in normal mode.

Then I run it in Legacy Mode, which I do not really want to do, and I find that the 777 loads fine and works fine.  I do have FSX installed, if that matters.

I realize there is a P3D version with a P3D installer, and it comes at no discount that I can gather.  Not terribly interested in that.

Is there anybody here that has managed to get the FSX version of this thing running normally in P3D v2 (eg, not in Legacy Mode)?

IP Logged

garrettprs

Reply #91 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 2:38am
Print Post  
Sounds quite indicative of not having Simconnect not installed or "talking to" the aircraft.

Try this... in the P3D root folder, locate:

\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

Execute the Simconnect.msi. Not much will happen in the way of prompts or anything but it will no doubt install. Open up P3D and let us know if the problem is solved.

By the way, this also happens with the P3D version of the 777 so it really doesn't have much to do with using the FSX version. Odd.

IP Logged

Ripcord

Reply #92 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:33am
Print Post  

I saw your earlier post, sir and I thank you for pointing this out.  I tried it yesterday, and to no avail.  I will try it again, just in case.

So, let me ask - which version of CS777 are you running in P3Dv2?  Are you using the FSX version or the new P3D version?  Are you limited to legacy mode?

IP Logged

garrettprs

Reply #93 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Hmm, that's odd.

I'm using the correct P3Dv2 version but, as stated, still have simconnect issues, the symptoms of which are exactly as you describe. Said issues are immediately fixed upon executing the simconnect package.

Some folks have claimed to successfully use the -300 and freighter versions in P3D, even though CS has only released them for FSX. I would have figured that this would mean the base model would work as well. I can't attest to this since I only have the base model.

Have you tried following the proper activation procedures (running the installer as administrator, using manual offline activation, etc.)? Have you deleted the Captain Sim registry keys?

Also, I assume that you had FSX installed at some point? I wonder if something is still pointing the aircraft files to your FSX installation, whether you've deleted it or not...

IP Logged

Ripcord

Reply #94 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 10:16pm
Print Post  

Yes, I still have FSX installed.  I am not too keen on deleting it all while I am still in the process of making the transition over to P3Dv2.  So it is a gradual migration, if you will.  Some of it is a little more gradual than the rest.

Well I don't really want to go spend another 30 Euro just to have the exact same issue here.

I have done all the proper removal, deletions, cleaning registry and reinstalling as administrator, ber the KB685 or whatever # that is.

So evidently the install is looking for something in amongst my FSX files and not finding it in regular P3D mode.  I had the same thought.  Then when I run Legacy Mode (which is not stable and creates all kind of error messages caused by other add-ons), it seems to locate what it is looking for and voila, it works!

I just need to localize what that is.

IP Logged

garrettprs

Reply #95 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Then my hunch is probably correct: I think lots of folks try to simultaneously install aircraft into both FSX and P3D and yet it will only work in one or the other... although typically only FSX. That it works in P3D legacy mode seems to essentially confirm that.

I can't blame you for wanting to keep your FSX installation (I've moved on, so I can't entirely relate) but we need someone to chime in that's successfully installed a CS aircraft--or any 3rd-party aircraft--into both simulators at the same time in order to see if there's a method that works.

Not to upset CS (although I'm becoming doubtful that they meander into their own forum with any regularity these days) but I'm pretty sure you don't need to purchase another 777. Once you have a setup with only one simulator, I'll betcha it works.

If you have space left on your hard drive(e.g. 40+ gb), you could try partitioning off a large block and installing windows, P3D, and the aircraft to ensure that it works. If it does, delete the partition and merge it back into the rest of the drive. But that's a lot of hassle...

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #96 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 4:16am
Print Post  
I have both P3Dv2.3 and FSX installed and I have the CS 777-200 (FSX and P3Dv2 versions) and I have no problems at all with the CS 777-200, -300 or Freighter, in P3Dv2. They work just fine.

It might depend on where you have FSX and P3Dv2 installed. Mine are:

FSX is installed in J:\Flight Simulator X (1st partition of the 3rd HDD (*1TB))
P3Dv2 is installed in H:\Prepar3D v2 (3rd partition of the 2nd HDD (2TB))

So they are (1) NOT in the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86), (2) they are not even installed on the C: drive, and (3) they are not installed on the same partitions (in fact they are both on different partitions, on different HDD's).

At one time, I had both FSX and P3Dv2 on the same drive and on the same partition (J:), and the Captain Sim 777 for P3Dv2 worked fine for me then too. Smiley

* My 3TB HDD is IN my computer, but I haven't initialized it yet because I am still wondering how many partitions I will divide it into, and I have to decide what will go on which partition. So at this time, I am still using 2x2TB HDDs and 1x1TB HDD, with 1x3TB HDD not in use. Call me crazy, but eventually I will figure it out. I just didn't think I would still be undecided on what to do by now. Shocked

Edited:
And one more thing. Both FSx and P3Dv2 are always run using 'Run as administrator'!

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Ripcord

Reply #97 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
garrettprs wrote on Oct 1st, 2014 at 2:52am:
Then my hunch is probably correct: I think lots of folks try to simultaneously install aircraft into both FSX and P3D and yet it will only work in one or the other... although typically only FSX. That it works in P3D legacy mode seems to essentially confirm that.

Well, I don't use FSX anymore (in fact it doesn't even work, for whatever reason), and I do not have CS777 installed in FSX.  But FSX remains, just as a placeholder, until I get all the way moved over.  I generally remove stuff as I get it working in P3D.

Quote:
I can't blame you for wanting to keep your FSX installation (I've moved on, so I can't entirely relate) but we need someone to chime in that's successfully installed a CS aircraft--or any 3rd-party aircraft--into both simulators at the same time in order to see if there's a method that works.

Sorry this is not the case, as I explained above.

Are you suggesting that it work if removed FSX entirely? 

Remember the darn thing works fine in P3D if I enable Legacy Mode.  I'm only looking for a way to get this working in Normal Mode in P3D.

Quote:
Not to upset CS (although I'm becoming doubtful that they meander into their own forum with any regularity these days) but I'm pretty sure you don't need to purchase another 777. Once you have a setup with only one simulator, I'll betcha it works.

Again you are saying it will work when FSX is totally uninstalled?  Because I DO NOT have CS777 installed in two places.

Quote:
If you have space left on your hard drive(e.g. 40+ gb), you could try partitioning off a large block and installing windows, P3D, and the aircraft to ensure that it works. If it does, delete the partition and merge it back into the rest of the drive. But that's a lot of hassle...

Agreed.  Not going there.

IP Logged

Ripcord

Reply #98 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Oct 1st, 2014 at 4:16am:
I have both P3Dv2.3 and FSX installed and I have the CS 777-200 (FSX and P3Dv2 versions) and I have no problems at all with the CS 777-200, -300 or Freighter, in P3Dv2. They work just fine.

OK, that dispels that theory.

Quote:
It might depend on where you have FSX and P3Dv2 installed. Mine are:

FSX is installed in J:\Flight Simulator X (1st partition of the 3rd HDD (*1TB))
P3Dv2 is installed in H:\Prepar3D v2 (3rd partition of the 2nd HDD (2TB))

So they are (1) NOT in the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86), (2) they are not even installed on the C: drive, and (3) they are not installed on the same partitions (in fact they are both on different partitions, on different HDD's).

I have FSX and P3D both installed in D:\PROGRAM FILES

You think this might be my issue?

Quote:
At one time, I had both FSX and P3Dv2 on the same drive and on the same partition (J:), and the Captain Sim 777 for P3Dv2 worked fine for me then too. Smiley

OK maybe we can dispel that theory as well.  Hmmm...

Quote:
Edited:
And one more thing. Both FSx and P3Dv2 are always run using 'Run as administrator'!

I suppose.  I'll check this but I can tell you this has not had an effect on anything else so far.  Probably I already AM running P3D as admin, otherwise there would be other problems with so many other addons installed.

Anyway guys all this is useful discourse for me, as well as for others potentially, that run into the same issues.  Thanks for all the effort and ideas, I certainly appreciate it.

I guess my choices are to live with this and try to run CS777 in Legacy Mode (which I am loath to do) or wait for a holiday sale and hope I can pick up the P3D version of this for less.  Or just remove it altogether and try to forget.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #99 - Oct 2nd, 2014 at 2:50am
Print Post  
Don't be fooled into thinking that because your user account is an administrative account, that you are running FSX and/or P3D as an administrator. With Vista, Win7 & Win8/8.1, you are only really running them as an administrative if

1) you right click on the FSX/P3D shortcut and select the Run as administrator option:

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv58/Markoz958/runfsxasadministrator_zpsb2349...

2) right click on the FSX/P3D .exe files, select Properties, select the Compatibility tab, then checkmark the (place a tick in) box beside Run this program as an administrator (under Privilege Level):

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv58/Markoz958/runfsxasadministrator.jpg~orig...

It is highly recommended NOT to install FSX (and I assume the same applies to P3D) in the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) because Windows has too many restrictions on these folders (and everything within them). You are better off installing them in the C: root, i.e. C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X and C:\Prepar3D v2.

My FSX and P3D are install on the F: drive in Windows 8.1 (because Win8.1 is installed on my F: drive): F:\Flight Simulator X and F:\Prepar3D v2, and they both work fine.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Ripcord

Reply #100 - Oct 2nd, 2014 at 9:21am
Print Post  
FSX is now removed completely.  And I have Prepar3d.exe set to run as administrator, just like your screen shots, Mark.

This was after I reinstalled CS772 1.4 yesterday - also ran the simconnect.msi again.

No change.

EDIT:  Still works just fine in Legacy Mode.  So it is getting registered.

IP Logged

Ripcord

Reply #101 - Oct 3rd, 2014 at 4:59pm
Print Post  

I noticed that I do not have any simconnect entries anywhere.  Probably that is my problem. 

However, simply running that simconnect.msi does do anything as far as I can tell...

IP Logged

garrettprs

Reply #102 - Oct 3rd, 2014 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Do you see an entry in your programs/features list in the Windows control panel?

IP Logged

Ripcord

Reply #103 - Oct 5th, 2014 at 10:47am
Print Post  
garrettprs wrote on Oct 3rd, 2014 at 9:38pm:
Do you see an entry in your programs/features list in the Windows control panel?

Sure do.

IP Logged

Ripcord

Reply #104 - Oct 5th, 2014 at 10:48am
Print Post  

I also have no less than 4 SIMCONNECT entries in my registry and 4 installations in my windows folder.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top