Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Need some help (Read 4530 times)
Joseph29

Need some help
Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:13am
Print Post  
A little more that 2 years ago I had the C-130 running on my XP computer. Now tonight I installed the C-130 on my windows 7 computer (I upgraded to Win7 about 2 years ago) and now the C-130 has no props or wheels and I do not have any elevator or aileron joystick control (I do have rudder control).

IP Logged

so666

Re: Need some help
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:45am
Print Post  
hi.
i have win xp myself,but its playing up just now,so dont know how win 7 behaves with the sim.
but it sounds like one of two things.
1) its not been installed correctly,is it just the c130 or do you have any c130 add on packs. if you have add on packs then they have to be installed in the following order:-
1. file csc is the base C130 file
2. file csj is the C130J
3. file cst is the C130T
4. file cs? is the CL130 float version which i dont have
5. file csk is the KC130
6. file csw is the AC130
7. file cse is the C130 extra pack
installing in the wrong order will cause problems as discribed.

the 2nd thing that may have caused this is any antivirus program you might have,which may have to be disabled while you install the c130.
i had to reinstall everything on to another disc and i had to disable part of avast as it was seeing the c130 install as a virus.
hope the info helps get you up and flying this bird. i know shes one of my favourite aircraft.
alan.

IP Logged

Joseph29

Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 12:54am
Print Post  
I don't have any of the extra packs, just the base pack.

I haven't tried turning off my anti virus. I did turn off my firewall though. I will try to install it again a little later with my anti virus turned off.

PS: I have Kaspersky Internet Security as my anti virus program.

IP Logged

Joseph29

Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 4:58am
Print Post  
I just tried installing the C-130 with my antivirus off. I didn't help. I still have no wheels, props, and no elevator or aileron joystick control.  Cry

IP Logged

so666

Reply #4 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
hi.
I have tried googleing fs9 and win7,seems a lot of people are haveing some kind of issues with controls and aircraft and scenery.
are you haveing any problems with fs9 and control issues with other aircraft or is everything else ok and just cs130 with problems.
alan.

IP Logged

Joseph29

Reply #5 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 3:58am
Print Post  
I was looking though this forum and saw a thread where the person was having the same issue as me and someone said that the wheels and props are not showing because of a anti piracy measure. But I paid for my plane and I have a activation code.

PS: I did send Captain Sim a help ticket, but I haven't heard back from them.

so666 wrote on Jun 23rd, 2013 at 1:16pm:
hi.
I have tried googleing fs9 and win7,seems a lot of people are haveing some kind of issues with controls and aircraft and scenery.
are you haveing any problems with fs9 and control issues with other aircraft or is everything else ok and just cs130 with problems.
alan.

All of my other planes work and display correctly.

IP Logged

so666

Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
hi joseph29.
sorry i could not help out more,but my pc gave up on me yesterday,just had to replace the powerpack,sofar everything seems to be ok now fingers crossed.
captain sim may or may not help as they are doing aircraft for fsx now so i dont think thay look at fs9 aircraft problems,it may help if you become a member of flightsim or avsim forums if you are not a member yet,and look in there for a fix,as you can be sure you are not alone,and i will have similar problems once i upgrade to a new pc,as ms are not supporting xp from april next year.
alan.

IP Logged

Joseph29

Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Well thank you for trying to help.  Smiley

I did ask about this on the avsim forums, but so far no one knows what to do. And Captain Saim has been no help at all!

It's to bad cause the C-130 was one of my favorite planes to fly.  Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top