Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Auto Pilot (Read 2743 times)
Jambuster1

Auto Pilot
May 18th, 2013 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me, I was wondering if anyone could tell me and maybe give some screen shots on how to use the autopilot manually just like the default fsx planes without using the fmc and also how to do an autopilot landing just using the auto pilot also like the default fsx planes (Not auto landing).

Many Thanks

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: Auto Pilot
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2013 at 7:18am
Print Post  
You could take a look on this 757 tutorial, showing very similar steps regarding the operation of the plane. http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1220997876 And I saw that Youtube features a lot of 757 (and 767) related videos, perhaps those can help with getting to know some steps.

Regarding the actual autopilot operation, the manuals (http://www.captainsim.com/products/b767/manuals.html) should give you a precise description of each button and mode. So I think the rest comes down to performing a little trial and error then.

The default FSX planes use a very basic kind of autopilot, so, unfortunately, you may not be able to really apply much of the former knowledge since the 767 installation is far more sophisticated. Well, once you have the FMC of yours knowing about the flight plan and some basic data, you are good to go. So mind the mentioned tutorial to set it up and sort of unlock all the features of the autopilot.

IP Logged

Jambuster1

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2013 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Ok I will have a look thanks.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2013 at 3:07am
Print Post  
If you want to fly it without programming the FMC, read the ‘767 Captain’ FLIGHT MANUAL Part II – Aircraft Systems (cs767_manual2.pdf) pages 38 - 42. It describes all parts of the Autopilot for you. You can download the manuals here: http://www.captainsim.com/products/b767/manuals.html.

Basically, you would fly using Vertical Speed, Altitude Hold, Heading Select (as opposed to Heading HOLD, which could still be used) and LOC on the MCP (Autopilot) on the glareshield.

VOR 1 can be programmed (FREQ/COURSE) on the left side of the glareshield (switch it from AUTO to MAN).
VOR 2 can be programmed (FREQ/COURSE) on the right side of the glareshield (also needs to be switched from AUTO to MAN).
ILS can be programmed (FREQ/COURSE) on the AFT Pedestal (below the Transponder).

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top