Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
L:Variables wish list (Read 2949 times)
DaveH

L:Variables wish list
May 8th, 2013 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but here goes.

I have only recently purchased FSX Weapon, but already love it  Grin. Best fun I have had in years with FS. I only build military a/c and I like to make them at least look as if the weapons work, so up until now I have been using the trick of adding droppable objects to saved missions to drop bombs and see explosion effects, and also adding gun effects. Various combinations of external stores are built into my models, bombs are animated to drop away from the a/c but are only visible for a few seconds.
Having shot down several AI, and blown up more on the ground, I have started to look to modify CSWeapon for use on my other models. But most of these carry external stores and are pre-HUD, having simple gyro gunsight and/or radar only.

I am very much hoping that there are some L: variables available, that are not defined in the SDK manual, but that could be used to link my external stores visibility coding to store release/firing - so that the external store of the model disappears when the CSWeapon controlled store appears.
The VC models also have weapon selection controls built-in and animated, and again it would be great to be able to link these to the CSWeapon control commands.

The variables that I think are needed to make my dream come true are:

<Action name="nextWeapon" control="Ctrl+Shift+7" />
       <!-- weapon subtype selector switch --> (>L:xxxxxx, position) ?

<Action name="nextWeaponMode" control="Ctrl+Shift+8" />
       <!-- weapon type fire mode selector switch --> (>L:xxxxxx, position) ?

"Weapon Station fire/launch, bool" ? The trigger to fire the selected weapon from the next station

"Weapon Mode HudString" ?  Used to drive an indicator/lamp and to check things are working as expected
     "Gun Type HudString" ?     As above
     "Gun Shell HudString" ?    As above

Here's hoping!

BTW I did try the "contact a developer" link on the SDK manual, but it seemed to take me to a trouble reporting menu which did not seem appropriate as CSWeapon is working fine.

DaveH

IP Logged

dggoofy

Re: L:Variables wish list
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Hi,

Nobody to answer ? That's exactly my demand too !!!!

Dan

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: L:Variables wish list
Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Only Captain Sim can answer this one. Those codes are probably in the CSWeapon.dll gauge found in the FSX\Gauges folder.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top