Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Huge issues (Read 7762 times)
rondon9898

Huge issues
Apr 10th, 2013 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Hi there,

I have just bought the CS757 and am shocked by the number of bugs, so I wonder if you could help please. I was rather foolish as it seems there is a version 5 coming up, so I desperately wish I hadn't wasted my money and waited for version 5.

The cockpit itself is really superb, and I was delighted to see that on the demo, so I bought the product. Now I have big problems.

Firstly, there is no lighting in the cockpit except flood lights.
Secondly the autopilot just does not work at all. In heading select it just goes massively around in circles until the aircraft just stalls. It does not follow either LNAV or VNAV profiles
Thirdly the dial selection is horrendous on mine for some reason. When i reduce the speed in the speed window, for example, with my mouse wheel, the speed just winds all the way back to 100. Most of the dials you can also only dial downwards not upwards (making it impossible to fly IVAO, for example)
Fourthly the TCAS system keeps saying 'TCAS Fail'
The sounds on this are also really bad - not in terms of actual sound quality, but realism. No flap lever sound, no speedbrake sound on landing, the engine sounds are unrealistic, the MCP sounds are too loud etc.

This sounds like I am completely lambasting the product and I would never ever do that. I bought the product, and I thought (and think!) it looks superb. But after many test flights now, it seems unflyable, and after having discovered that there is an upcoming version 5, I feel sick that I have wasted my money and should have waited. Cry

So firstly, is there a way of getting a refund so I can wait for version 5 (which will hopefully eradicate these bugs)
If not, then can somebody help me? I have the latest payware version of FSUIPC, use IVAO, have FSX SP2 on Windows 7.

Thank you very much,
John.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Huge issues
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Hi John.

The answer to many of your problems can be found in these Forums.

1. Don't use the mouse wheel on buttons. Use the left and right mouse buttons.
2. Heading Select, LNAV and VNAV all work fine for me. Have you completed all the things in the CDU/FMS, including activating the route?
3. TCAS Failure is normal for when you are on the ground. After takeoff, it works fine. If it is failing after takeoff, then it means it isn't switched to TA or TA/RA.
4. I think the sounds for the 757 are fine, so I guess the realism of them is a matter of opinion.

The 757 is known to have problems IF the Demo was not completely uninstalled and all remnants of it have been deleted. Uninstall the 757, then remove all the traces of it, then reinstall it. See if that fixes your problems. If it doesn't you might need to do a complete uninstall/reinstall as per KB #685 and hopefully that will fix the problems you are having.

757 V5.0.....Who knows how long that will be? Since the announcement of the 757 v5.0, Captain Sim have released the 737 Captain (we knew this was coming) and the 777 Captain (this was a huge surprise as I was expecting the 757 v5.0 to come after the 737). The 777 Captain, is still getting worked on and we are patiently awaiting the 1.2 update. To top that off, just over a week ago, Captain Sim previewed, then released, the L-1011-1 Exterior, which looks like it will be getting a VC (going by the interior preview on the product page). So as you can see, the 757 v5.0 could be quite a ways off.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

rondon9898

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 9:20am
Print Post  
I have set up the CDU, all systems and aligned the IRS. The aircraft is totally unflyable. I put it in heading select or LNAV, and i just get a bank angle warning and the aircraft just stalls.

The TCAS is switched on and does not work in flight

I am absolutely FURIOUS that I have paid money for something that doesn't work at all.

In addition, when I select full takeoff thrust , it only goes up to about 1.61 EPR, and not full takeoff thrust. Even with manual thrust lever selection or EPR selection.

So many faults - I can't believe it. Angry

IP Logged

Silverbeard

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Ok you may be furious but your problems are a faulty installation. I can only recommend that you remove all trace from your machine ,get a new download and reinstall. I recommend that when doing so you turn off all firewalls, virus checkers and if you have vista or win7 turn off UAC as well. Don't use Google Chrome to download, it nicks bits of code.
When installing always right click the icon and select 'run as administrator' I always use a 'Start up for complex aircraft' scenario to load the 757 into. I never have a problem and it flies well.
Good luck it's worth the effort.
David

[img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif[img]

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Yup, same here. The 757 flies just fine as do all of the CS planes with just a few bugs here and there.

And I use Google Chrome to boot!  Shocked

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Apr 13th, 2013 at 3:22am
Print Post  
LOU wrote on Apr 12th, 2013 at 6:48pm:
And I use Google Chrome to boot!  Shocked
Google Chrome is known to cause problems with downloads with many addons for FSX and so it is not recommended to use for downloading the files. So if you are not having trouble downloading with it, you are one of the lucky ones. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #6 - May 4th, 2013 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
John, I have to agree with Mark, Dave and Lou here, the problem appears to be on your end, most likely a bad install, The 757 (and their 767 handles just fine. Also there are other lighting controls than just flood for thew CRTs, On the pedestal to the right of the DH Ref gauge is a knob that controls the lighting ofthe PFD, right below that is one that controls the ND, The EICAS controls are right below the Lower EICAS display. I do agree though lighting could be better. Here's a sample video demonstrating how well she fly's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8C7cdHx2sw

Note: the 757 comes with cabin announcements, I replaced them on this video, specifically for this flight, they do not come with the 757.

IP Logged

LilRob

Reply #7 - May 7th, 2017 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Cheers!

I dont know why, but I cant open a new topic - I am sorry for using this one!

I would have another issue and I couldnt find a solution here in the board, maybe I am just stupid ...  Undecided

I think its known, that the gear are diving in the ground at touchdown - maybe a  issue with that contact points? Any solutions known?

Thanks in advance and sorry again.....

IP Logged

golfermd

Reply #8 - May 16th, 2017 at 12:28am
Print Post  
I have the same problem with trying to open a new topic, I can't...

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #9 - May 16th, 2017 at 2:33am
Print Post  
LilRob wrote on May 7th, 2017 at 10:23am:
Cheers!

I dont know why, but I cant open a new topic - I am sorry for using this one!

golfermd wrote on May 16th, 2017 at 12:28am:
I have the same problem with trying to open a new topic, I can't...

You need 10 posts before you can create a new Topic, so you just ask you questions in a Topic that best suits your problem (like what LilRob did).

LilRob wrote on May 7th, 2017 at 10:23am:
I would have another issue and I couldnt find a solution here in the board, maybe I am just stupid ...  Undecided

I think its known, that the gear are diving in the ground at touchdown - maybe a  issue with that contact points? Any solutions known?

Thanks in advance and sorry again.....

You are not stupid, you have a problem.

I'm not sure if there is a fix for the 757 wheels sinking through the ground on landing, but if you were to raise the contact point for the main landing gear, I think you will end up with the main gear being above the surface (floating in the air), which I know I wouldn't like happening! It's better that the rear set of wheels on the main landing gear, sink in the ground a bit, rather than the aircraft looking like it isn't contacting the ground at all.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top