Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Captain Sim 777 and EZdok (Read 7227 times)
philwhite100

Captain Sim 777 and EZdok
Mar 18th, 2013 at 12:24am
Print Post  
Anyone else use this combination?
I am having issues with this and other aircraft with only one aircraft where I have no issues at all.
Problem is when switching between camera positions. For example I create 2 VC camera positions and 2 wing views.
When switching between the 2 VC there is no problem and the same applies to wing views but when switching from a wing view back to a VC view this is where I get the issue. What happens is instead of seeing the selected VC view all I see is some random cabin under floor view with incomplete textures.

I have had no response from the software support and wondered if this is a common problem.

All software is up to date.

Win7 Ultimate 64bit - 16gig of Samsung Green 1600mhz @1866mhz DDR3 - Intel 3570k @ 4.2Ghz - Nvidia GTX770 4GB- FSX with Accelleration pack - REX Essentials with Overdrive - J/F VFR Scenery -  Saitek Pro Yoke and Multi Panel and radio Panel - X-Plane 10 - Prepar3D V2&&.

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: Captain Sim 777 and EZdok
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 1:27am
Print Post  
Did you run the EZCA config tool after installing the 777? You have to run it once, so that the EZCA parameters get written into the aircraft.cfg. Hint. Run it as administrator.

If you still receive the problem, the nature of it may look as follows. When you are in an external view via the default FSX commands, only the external model gets rendered. So there are no VC details and gauges to be seen. When you now (still being in the external view) alter the camera position to some 'VC' coordinates, there still won't be a VC but only the stuff from the external model.

To solve the issue, make sure to run that mentioned config tool (you only have to run it once but you can run it as often as you like) and also mind the view mode FSX is in. That mode defines if you e.g. receive a fully detailed VC and a reduced external model or the full external model without VC details. With EZCA being properly initialized via its tool, the change should happen automatically.

IP Logged

Merlin851526

Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
God I'm having awful issue with EZCA and the 777 at the moment. I've  ran the tool each time I install a new aircraft. And I currently have a similar issues with changing views as well.And I cant figure out the relationship with the 777 and EZCA but it's plain to see that they don't work well in conjunction with each other. No other add-on aircraft except the beautiful 777 gives me as much trouble with EZCA Embarrassed. Running current updated EZCA 1.7 and win 8.1

IP Logged

rfresh777

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
I purchased EZDok but it seemed to always cause stability issues with my FSX. Every time I closed the flight window, FSX would display a dialog saying it was trying to find the solution to a problem. If I waited long enough it would restart FSX.

So, I purchased OpusFX camera tool and that problem went away so it must have been something about EZDok. My Opus works great with my another company 737NGX and with my CS 777.

I believe Opus has a free trial, so you might want to try them out and see how they work on your system/configuration.

Ralph
Easy Cockpit Camera Views http://www.EZCamViews.com
Video Tutorials https://www.youtube.com/user/rfresh1011
IP Logged

DetCord

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
rfresh777 wrote on Dec 1st, 2014 at 9:12pm:
I purchased EZDok but it seemed to always cause stability issues with my FSX. Every time I closed the flight window, FSX would display a dialog saying it was trying to find the solution to a problem. If I waited long enough it would restart FSX.

So, I purchased OpusFX camera tool and that problem went away so it must have been something about EZDok. My Opus works great with my other 737NGX and with my CS 777.

I believe Opus has a free trial, so you might want to try them out and see how they work on your system/configuration.

Never had a single issue with EZdok in CS or any addon for that matter. It's important to ensure you have the latest patch.

IP Logged

Captain Kirk

Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Just acquired V.2

Any luck in sorting out the Triple 7 and EZdok issues?

Any chance you are running V.2 yet?

IP Logged

rfresh777

Reply #6 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
You might want to try reloading your aircraft again. This is necessary when creating an outside view for the first time. Data must be written to the aircraft file, so you must reload the aircraft file to make FSX aware of this new data. You only need to do this one time, unless you create more outside views, then you must reload.

If you don't do this, you'll see an incomplete structure in your outside view.

I have ctrl-r set as my hot key to reload my aircraft file quickly.

Ralph
Easy Cockpit Camera Views http://www.EZCamViews.com
Video Tutorials https://www.youtube.com/user/rfresh1011
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top