Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
A few questions (Read 2170 times)
lbell

A few questions
Mar 7th, 2013 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Hi Guys,

I recently bought this jet and I have a few questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

1. My radar doesn't seem to show any weather, just other traffic. How does weather appear on it? and how should I set it up?

2. Can you tell me how to couple the Autopilot with the GPS. I have clicked the white light on the panel but it's not working. The aircraft just follows the heading bug, even if the HDG button is switched off on the ap.  Is there a certain way to engage this?

3. Finally, my aircraft seems to take every inch of the runway to take off. I seem to remember reading there was some kind of engine boost to be used during take off. Is this correct? if so how do I engage it?

Your help is much appreciated Cheesy

IP Logged

ftwd

Re: A few questions
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 9:02am
Print Post  
I find that the weather radar works best on the lowest distance setting, I think it's 20 miles. It also only shows the clouds directly in front of your aircraft so if your cruising with a 3 degree pitch up, it will only show clouds that are 3 degrees pitched up (if that makes since)

I find that if I setthe heading hold first until I have intercepted the GPS track (on Nav1) then change to Nav/Loc on the auto pilot that it follows the GPS fine.

Lastly, don't use EPR to set your takeoff thrust, set N1 to about 104% for takeoff and 94-98% for climb. The EPR setting aren't accurate.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top