Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
 25 What should captain sim make next? (Read 64122 times)
Kapitan

Re: What should captain sim make next?
Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2013 at 1:06am
Print Post  
windplayer wrote on Mar 11th, 2013 at 8:42pm:
Hey Kapitan, i see we have something in common Smiley Me too thinking that modern computerized jets is super cool to work on and to fly on in real life, but for sim - there is nothing better than a bunch of good old jetliners from the times when Earth was a bit bigger Wink Is that right?

i vote for 747 classic though.

Exactly my friend, we are siting in a chair facing a computer, so what is the point to program another computer within the monitor of our computer?

Better recreate flights navigating by Vor or making ILS apporaches and getting it aligned manually with the runway in a rainy day with poor visibility. As you say, if you are studying to become a pilot, and make it your profession, these modern NGX planes and airbuses are fantastic.

But the sim has other puprose too, and one of them is to remember.

Like when we played cowboys in modern days, because going from El Paso to San Francisco on a horse in 1850 was an adventure both in nature and stamina, compared to taking a Gray Line Bus today...and so forth,

The sim is for fun, the fantasy of re-living those years, when Pilots were grand, when female flight atendants were sensual, when the pleasure of a good cigarrete and the best wines and beverages were served on any flight in any route, when flights were a place where people made new friends, engage in conversations, not feariong one another, where many love stories started,  etc Smiley

&&&&

IP Logged

F747fly

Reply #16 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Well, I know it's been requested a lot.. but still, wouldn't CS make a great a340 model?! So that would be my request: an a340!
Though I would also like to see the 747 classic (-100, -200 and -300) and even the 747s of today (-400 and -8) would be great!
I also would like to MD-11s, MD-80s and a300s.... but well who'll tell what they are working on, I will most certainly like it...

IP Logged

druco

The African Flyer

Reply #17 - Jan 8th, 2014 at 9:43am
Print Post  
How about low wing medium range props, like BAe ATP, SAAB, Electra, etc. FS is lack of them in all versions. I can't find one that is good modeled.

There are many options for that kind of aircraft, models that no other developer has made and will make us have different experiences on FS, not just flying heavy jets...

DRUCO

IP Logged

Don-P1126

Reply #18 - Jan 11th, 2014 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
There is many things that Captain Sim can do.   Lots of different aircraft however; I'd be really interested in and update to the CS-130X as it was discussed in 2008.

The once talked about KC-135 addon for the 707 variant would be really nice. 

Working on the KC767 addition to make it work accurate would be a huge plus.

I own just about everything CS makes with exception to the L1011.  Once they finish that to an decent version and the 9.99 sale happens it will be in my collection as well. 

Just humble opinion from a simmer

Don

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #19 - Jan 11th, 2014 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
I flew from Sicily to Bahrain on an Aloha DC-8. But it's perhaps too similar to the 707, and there is another new DC-8 on the market. (Don't know how good it is.)

DC-9 is not Boeing, and there is a very nice new DC-9 on the market, so I don't think it would make much sense.

The classic 747 would be perfect, and would complete the seven series (almost). There's not been a really good classic 747 for FSX, and I think it would be popular.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #20 - Jan 11th, 2014 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
yes please Smiley maybe someday Smiley  I sincerely hope.

I found a freeware model of the 747-100, just to check it out...imagining how awesome it would be if CS did it.

It has to be the 100 tho! Roll Eyes

Dave

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #21 - Jan 12th, 2014 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Well I don't enjoy flying computers.

Airbus therefore is a big problem, however I'd like to see an A300.

I'd be more than happy with a 747 if that was the choice.

Sent from my old flip phone thingy using Tapatalk HD_2016

IP Logged

speck

Reply #22 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Here is my list: Any variant would do. CS about time you did something for the motherland Wink

AN-12
AN-22
AN-124
IL-62
IL-76
IL-86
IL-96
Tu-134
Tu-154
Yak-42

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #23 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 1:30am
Print Post  
The problem with Russian aircraft is that to be authentic, they would have to use cyrillic characters on the panels. I doubt that most users would have the patience to learn this and also what kind of market quantity could they sell. Sad Sad
Ron

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #24 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 1:45am
Print Post  
rservice wrote on Jan 13th, 2014 at 1:30am:
The problem with Russian aircraft is that to be authentic, they would have to use cyrillic characters on the panels. I doubt that most users would have the patience to learn this and also what kind of market quantity could they sell. Sad Sad
Ron

When you consider that the L-39 Jet Trainer, Legendary MiG 21 and Yakovlev Yak-3, Russian aircraft, were early works of Captain Sim, they have not done any more. So maybe they already know that the market for Russian aircraft isn't as large as for the more common western aircraft.
Just sayin'. That doesn't mean that they won't do another one.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #25 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Ron

LOL. For 15 years I flew a helicopter made in France.

I think the symbols were a concession. Strangely it was only the gauges that were in French. All switchgear was labelled in English.

Black Shark which if you take out the military side of things is by far and away the best helicopter simulation I have seen for the desktop, is a Russian machine but you can install a Russian version and an English version. It wouldn't take much.

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #26 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 4:03am
Print Post  
speck wrote on Jan 13th, 2014 at 12:52am:
Here is my list: Any variant would do. CS about time you did something for the motherland Wink

AN-12
AN-22
AN-124
IL-62
IL-76
IL-86
IL-96
Tu-134
Tu-154
Yak-42

An AN22 or TU95 (civilian) with those incredible 15,000 SHP Kuznetsov turboprops.

Unique.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4VlQv4qq8s
I'd buy one.

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #27 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
There is no doubt that the Russians make some fine aircraft . Some freeware models of the above are available . There is a tendency among some nameless people to belittle the accomplishments of Russian engineers, but they have shown innovation in a lot of their designs. I'm not great at flying helicopters but I agree the DCS black shark is probably the best helicopter simulation I've seen.
What to make next !??, possibly , a 747-100 and 200 with working INS.
I actually worked on those simulators back in the early 70's.
Just my 2 cents.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ron

IP Logged

druco

The African Flyer

Reply #28 - Jan 15th, 2014 at 8:46am
Print Post  
speck wrote on Jan 13th, 2014 at 12:52am:

AN-12
AN-22
AN-124
IL-62
IL-76
IL-86
IL-96
Tu-134
Tu-154
Yak-42

subscribed ...

DRUCO

IP Logged

druco

The African Flyer

Reply #29 - Jan 15th, 2014 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Ron

there is a very nice model of MI-8 on the market with real cockpit, but they just change the cyrilic to english and it very nice to fly.

As far as I know there are in real life, russian planes with that modification, operating, precisely for market reasons and to standard operations in the occident..

It's just a matter of changing russian to english, meters to feet, km to knots and a few more, not that difficult I believe.

DRUCO

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top