Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
 25 What should captain sim make next? (Read 63908 times)
JohnB.

KMEM

What should captain sim make next?
Mar 2nd, 2013 at 12:32am
Print Post  
Post. what would you like for captain sim to make next? It can be any sort of planes helicopters or even expansion packs for a family that has already been made. Hopefully  captain sim will make one of your choices.

John happy flying Smiley

Yours truly,&&John

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Re: What should captain sim make next?
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2013 at 11:02am
Print Post  
747 classic series or IL-96.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2013 at 11:41am
Print Post  
I'd vote for anything including lots of steam gauges and very few LCD. Jet or prop, doesn't matter. The more engines the better.  Cheesy

And, yes, we have tons of threads asking for the next thing.  Grin Tongue

IP Logged

lbell

Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2013 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Sud Aviation Caravelle

that would be so awesome

IP Logged

CFG-Repaints

Painter

Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2013 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Please make a New Version or Big Update for the 767 Smiley

IP Logged

md11pilot11

Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2013 at 2:23am
Print Post  
they havent said but betting on it i believe that they will go old school. DC-10, L1011, DC-8. IF they do go NG then i have no idea but could you imagine a MD-80/90/717 series by captain sim that would be awesome.

&&&&&&&&&&&&

IP Logged

JetRanger

JETRANGER

Reply #6 - Mar 8th, 2013 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Vickers VC-10 ~ !

OR

The Convair 880 ~ !

YouTube  
IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 8th, 2013 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
This would be awesome, the DC8-73. Equipped with the early CFM56 turbofans!  Cheesy

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Canada-Cargo/McDonnell-Douglas-DC-8-73(F)/174...

The only thing I would really like now...

IP Logged

Kapitan

Reply #8 - Mar 8th, 2013 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
This is how I see this DC8
DC8 had many design flaws. Too thin, tiny engine turbines,. When I was a kid, my Dad was a 707 Captain. I used to fly with him or wander about in the airports, and a DC8 was like the other smaller 4 engines. Cause it was smaller in all aspects.

As it early retired for passenger use due to losing the battle to the 707, it got too cheap, so many freight companies bought it. But then the problem became evident. They couldnt load too much cargo with those cheap small engines.

So recently, I mean very recently, in the 80s...and that IS recently, since the DC8 passenger days were in the 70s, anyway, in the 80s, when big round engines were already available in airbuses, 767s and other wide bodies, they fitted the DC8 with these so it could fly properly.

707s were also used in a few freight companies, but they never needed to switch the original engines for better ones.

Im sorry, I dont see any praise in that picture. I see a badly designed plane with different engines, bigger, so it could be somewhat used in the cargo industry. I pass.

&&&&

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Mar 9th, 2013 at 2:10am
Print Post  
Okay Kapitan, I don't know exactly what your problem is with that posting seeing as it isn't the first posting mentioning the DC-8.   These are wishes anyways, no reason to bash people for that...

You might also want to do some research (take it from me; it's not very hard to do Wink) before you write a comment like yours. The DC-8-10 series (not the version I mentioned BTW!) was underpowered. Nothing cheap with those engines (JT3C), I am pretty certain on that. They are also very similar as those powering the 707 (the JT3D)! Anyways they only made 30 of those and every version after the series 10 was quite successful. Wandering around airports as a kid doesn't make you an expert in "tiny, thin, engines" either, in my books anyways.

The DC-8-73 used the very popular and reliable CFM-56 engines... And that stared before the 80's, and they don't use the same turbofans as those on the 767?

I know for a fact many people would like to see a DC-8 so it would be beneficial for you to read previous threads a little more carefully.

Just my 0.02

IP Logged

Kapitan

Reply #10 - Mar 9th, 2013 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Im not bashing "people" as you said, I dont recall having mentioned any human being. I was bashing the DC8

And all we do is talking wishes, out of pure likeness and love affair, not tech specs. A plane wins our heart when it brings the most remarking memories, which normally come from childhood, thus the reference.

I was as a kid very negative towards the DC8. Because it had nothing I could see it better or at par with the 707, they were both for the same routes and range. And it also came late, after the 707, ...

So look, there is an Iphone from Apple doing this and this features...
and another brand releases a model that is smaller, does less, with less quality and lower performance...what should I think?

And yes, it had a tiny fuselage and tiny original engines...which were later "corrected" with different versions (manufacturers love to put different codes and version number), but...its the same plane.

However, being a classic jet fan as I am, compared to today models I love them all and would be one of the first to buy a good DC8 if available. Smiley

Edit> This is a hobby, so our preferences are like soccer team preferences, we like it because we like it, thats all, and defend colors or models, but with no scientific criteria. We are not working for any company, we are not buying a DC8 for real...its just fun. I love the tail antena of the 707, and dont like the two cooling entrance nozzles the DC8 has in the nose, and so forth...

I would love to see a DC8, I have been looking for years an addon, its probably the classic that has been completely forgotten in the sim. Dont take me wrong, today I love it, but I wanted to share my mean child feelings that I carried for many years.

Perhaps the 747 is more apropriate because of its fame and success, while the DC8 is too close to the 707, but if one is made, I'll go for it, as Im wainting for the Lockheed Tristar also.

&&&&

IP Logged

Kapitan

Reply #11 - Mar 10th, 2013 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
lbell wrote on Mar 7th, 2013 at 1:04pm:
Sud Aviation Caravelle

that would be so awesome

It would indeed! The only Caravelle available is 2D, aby AFG.
A Caravelle with virtual cockpit is non existant in the sim world.

&&&&

IP Logged

Kapitan

Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2013 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Best Classic Jets>

The list starts with all the ones Captainsim already did,  707, 727 and 737-200, so taking it from there..

747-200 - The first and the best Jumbo Jet

Comet 4 - First Passenger Jet

Caravelle - Best short range jet in the late 50s and 60s

VC-10 - the second european four jet engines and a unique one with their position in the rear.

DC8 in all its variants, an important intercontinental jet, together with the 707, they gave the name to the era of the "jetset"

L1011 Tristar - Together with the 747 and the DC10, they were the three Widebodies, or jumbos, that revolutionized size in aviation

Trident - UK version of the 727

BAC 111 - short range bijet

DC-9 Douglas version of short range T tail

Fokker F28 - Nice dutch short range small jet

DC10 - Main 747 competitor for many years

you can add the Convair, the 720, but they are redundancies of the 707s
as the mD11 is of the DC10 and the 747SP a short 747
missing any other?

To me aviation, sentimentaly, ends here, from then on 757, 767, 777, airbuses, 737-500 and up, they are part of a new computerized era that is not as interesting as the golden times.

&&&&

IP Logged

Jettrader

Reply #13 - Mar 11th, 2013 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
I'd vote for a DC-8, especially the -50 and -62/-63 variants!

by the way, a L1011 is already in the making by someone else and close to release...

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #14 - Mar 11th, 2013 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Hey Kapitan, i see we have something in common Smiley Me too thinking that modern computerized jets is super cool to work on and to fly on in real life, but for sim - there is nothing better than a bunch of good old jetliners from the times when Earth was a bit bigger Wink Is that right?

i vote for 747 classic though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top