Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Is Simflight run by a P**G fanboy? (Read 3395 times)
froggy

Is Simflight run by a P**G fanboy?
Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:47am
Print Post  
http://www.simflight.com/2013/01/24/captain-sim-777-1-0-released/#respond

it seems like all he does is put down CS products.............

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Re: Is Simflight run by a P**G fanboy?
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 9:48am
Print Post  
He's just reporting what he experienced with this product, that doesn't mean he's a fanboy.

Actually I would say anybody who is saying that CS 777 1.0 is perfect and finds nothing wrong with it is a fanboy, all CS 1.0's so far have had some bugs and it has taken multiple patches to fix them. Actually no matter who's the creator every single complex aircraft addon for FS has had more or less bugs when released.

Personally I wouldn't pay 60 euros for this product as it is, not until CS adds virtual cabin or part of it to normal model with VC. But I bought it already during test stage and paid lower price so I'm not complaining.

I think after various patches CS 777 will probably be great product.

IP Logged

Pinatubo

Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Pvjinflight,

I totally agree with you!

I bought version 0.9 during Christmas sale and I just paid € 9.99, so I'm not complaining too.

Pinatubo.

My fleet (CS and from others developers):

L1011; B777-200/F; B777-200/F (LR); MD-11/F;B737-600/700/800/900NG; B767-300/200/F/KC ; B757-300/200/F ; C130 X-perience All-In-One; B707-300/300C; B727-100/200; B737-200/200ADV; WX Radar

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
I wouldn't step into that territory of the fan boy talks. As others have pointed out, he may just report what he sees and as long as one can read something constructive out of it, it actually helps. Simflight has multiple authors and country 'representatives', so we are mostly looking at one guy writing down his experience. Nothing wrong with that and one could even correct him in the comments.

My note on avoiding the fan boy stuff aims at keeping a discussion civil. While I agree that the one or the other side sometimes gives a wet softball about staying civilized, the general goal always has to be to produce constructive criticism, usable input and an explanation about why one thinks that this or that detail doesn't cut it. So before I would accuse somebody of being a fan boy, I would most likely just disregard his posts.  Smiley

I'm happy reading about 1.0 by the way.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #4 - Jan 25th, 2013 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:47am:
http://www.simflight.com/2013/01/24/captain-sim-777-1-0-released/#respond

it seems like all he does is put down CS products.............

It's just a private opinion of some Sebastien. But who've told him the 1.0 is a “final” product?  So now my concern is, how Sebastien is flying if he can not read?  Wink

The 1.0 is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. (W. Churchill)

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Reply #5 - Jan 25th, 2013 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Hate to break it to you but i bought mine since 0.X which cost me 39.99 euros i think it was which still expensive from that the aircraft was actually like. and was really shocked over christmas to see that it was going from 9.99 Sad Sad which i am learning from my mistakes but the developers earned it creating a nice product we all been waiting a long time to see. Just wish it was all working but it will in time and cannot wait.

If i'd of payed 60 euros for this product and cannot fly it without the use of vnav ect ect i would be one ugly customer worse then what i am now it is a hell of a lot of money for an aircraft which u cannot expected to use of how you would of hoped to use it.

Pvjinflight wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 9:48am:
He's just reporting what he experienced with this product, that doesn't mean he's a fanboy.

Actually I would say anybody who is saying that CS 777 1.0 is perfect and finds nothing wrong with it is a fanboy, all CS 1.0's so far have had some bugs and it has taken multiple patches to fix them. Actually no matter who's the creator every single complex aircraft addon for FS has had more or less bugs when released.

Personally I wouldn't pay 60 euros for this product as it is, not until CS adds virtual cabin or part of it to normal model with VC. But I bought it already during test stage and paid lower price so I'm not complaining.

I think after various patches CS 777 will probably be great product.

Captain Sim 757&&Captain Sim 777&&&&Sean Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top