Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Civa Ins Flight Plans / Cards (Read 4852 times)
fsxpaul
Ex Member

Civa Ins Flight Plans / Cards
Dec 26th, 2012 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
I've put together 3 flight plans now available in the Avsim Library:

Search for:
Civa Ins Data Cards for KLAX to KSFO
Civa Ins Data Cards for KBOS to KMIA
Civa Ins Data Cards for KSJC to KLAS

or seach for Civa Ins Data Cards to view all three at once.

IP Logged

fsxpaul
Ex Member

Re: Civa Ins Flight Plans / Cards
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2012 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
The downloads are better than I expected them to be! Thanks to all for your interest!

So...
I'll take a few requests to generate some more routes if anyone is interested  Wink

But please, only US domestic routes as my Excel program works with a specific website that doesn't offer European or International route planning.

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2012 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Do you use route finder to make your routes?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2012 at 1:46am
Print Post  
AirCanadGuy.

I don't know how Paul does them, but I create routes using FSC 9.2 (sometimes getting them from RouteFinder(free access) first), then I save them as an FS Flight Planner PLN, then I use the PlanConverter (v0.4.2) to convert them to Cards. PlanConverter splits the plans and tells you when you will need to load the next plan.

Like this one for KBFI to PHNL that I did for the 707:

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

fsxpaul
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2012 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do you use route finder to make your routes?

I've used RouteFinder some but it didn't always produce the route I was interested in.

So I created an Excel spreadsheet that allows pasting in a real world flight plan (Fltplan.com) and then will look-up all of the nav frequencies and  elevations. It will then automatically create all cards requied.

Another benefit is that I can easily remove waypoints that may be very close to each other prior to card creation.

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 31st, 2012 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Does fltplan.com give VOR frequencies, too?

IP Logged

fsxpaul
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 31st, 2012 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Does fltplan.com give VOR frequencies, too?

Yes it does.

And if you sign-up, you can save aircraft types and flight plans.

I really like it for the real world flight planning.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Dec 31st, 2012 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So I created an Excel spreadsheet that allows pasting in a real world flight plan (Fltplan.com) and then will look-up all of the nav frequencies and  elevations. It will then automatically create all cards requied.

Another benefit is that I can easily remove waypoints that may be very close to each other prior to card creation.

So these are nothing like the "Data Cards" that PlanConverter does? I guess I should take a look at them. Shocked

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

fsxpaul
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 31st, 2012 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Dec 31st, 2012 at 4:38pm:
Quote:

So these are nothing like the "Data Cards" that PlanConverter does? I guess I should take a look at them. Shocked

The AWC cards my Excel program creates are exactly like the ones PlanConverter creates.
It's the ADC cards that are different. The nav frequencies are included with the nav station elevation and placed in a flight plan summary sheet.

I don't have to look each one of them up when enroute.

Airnav.com (US) is a good one if you do look them up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top