Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
How to use the sample flights? (Read 6970 times)
Vu Pham

How to use the sample flights?
Oct 18th, 2012 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Hello,

There is no tutorial included in the document set, and my search on tutorial found no "how to" information.  How do I use the sample flights?  There is one for KSEA ready for CDU, and another for cold and dark.  Also when I loaded the ready for CDU flight the PFD showed nothing, and after I program the CDU the ND does not show the flight plan at all.  Using Mike Ray's tutorial in his 700s book, I cannot engage the Autopilot and nothing is lid in the MCP.  What did do wrong here?

Thanks

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Re: How to use the sample flights?
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
When I load a saved flight with any CS aircraft I always start with the default C172, load a flight with it. Then when in flight press ALT > Flights > Load.

IP Logged

Vu Pham

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Ok, I will try that.  I found that providing sample flights and have no mention of them anywhere in the documents is a bit ridiculous.  This seems to be the modus operandi of CS, and the reason why I bought the 727, the 707 and let them rot in my virtual cyber dust bin. Huh

IP Logged

Vu Pham

Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2012 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Hello,

I tried staring out with the default Cessna 172SP with engine on and avionics etc., then I load the CS 757, align the IRS, entering my FMC, set VNAV, take off and at 1000 ft AGL turn on the auto pilot to fly the route.  Well the auto pilot was enabled as I saw on the MCP, then the plane promptly drove to the ground.  What's happening here?

I search everywhere, but I could not find any text describing the correct use of this plane or to load and configure it properly.  I even downloaded the tutorial installer from another company, but since I bought mine from CS, it would not install.  The manuals is fine and detailed, but if I cannot start properly, what is the point? 

Sad

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2012 at 3:35am
Print Post  
Set the elevator trim to about 4 (in the green on the 2D Throttle Panel or the Pedestal).

Turn on the A/P at about 200 feet AGL (above ground level), but make sure that the 757 is climbing at around 2000-3000 fpm before doing so, because the MCP will switch on Speed and VS when you first turn it on. You then select VNAV and LNAV to make them active. The A/P will sometimes slow down too much (below V2), so it will return to level flight to gain speed, but I have never had it dive to the ground when doing so.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

maxam

Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2012 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
When I load a saved flight with any CS aircraft I always start with the default C172, load a flight with it. Then when in flight press ALT > Flights > Load.

This is the 757 FSX forum, I hope that you do not have the C172 as your default... you shouldn't change your default aircraft nor flight.

Robert CYVR

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 12:29am
Print Post  
maxam wrote on Oct 23rd, 2012 at 4:00pm:
Quote:

This is the 757 FSX forum, I hope that you do not have the C172 as your default... you shouldn't change your default aircraft nor flight.

You misunderstood me, I load a flight with the FSX "default" Cessna 172. Then I load the CS aircraft I want to fly. It seems to load properly more often when I do that.

Changing the default flight doesn't affect anything in FSX, either.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 4:23am
Print Post  
I use the default FSX C172 in a cold and dark setting with the Avionics Master Switch ON and all my advanced FSX addon aircraft work fine with it.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Vu Pham

Reply #8 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
This is what I have done to get start, so I recapture it here for others who may run into the same initial bewilderment as I was:

To use the sample flights as is at KSEA:

1.  Start with free flight and either choose the Cessna 172 or the Ultra light and choose KSEA.  Once you are in turn off the engine and leave avionics/radio on.  Then load the saved flight, either the Cold and dark or ready to take off.

2.  Begin program the FMC and configure the aircraft, fly.  You can go to the Aircraft option and choose another livery if you wish.

To start from the saved flights and choose another starting airport:

Do steps 1-2 above, go to world menu and choose your new airport/gate of your choice, save your new flights with different names.  You then have to go in and make sure that the data in the FMC match your new location.

The saved flight is the panel saved state, since CS does not provide panel saved option.

You can use the cold and dark and then once you get to the point of ready for engine start, you can then save that flight for that scenario.

I still have issues with some weird flight model behaviors, but at least now I can fly with some proper auto pilot behavior.

Hope this helps

Note that for those who want to start from scratch, load the cessna and turn off the engine while leaving the avionics on, and then switch to the CS 757 automatically put you into the cold and dark state.  The saved flights are poor man panel states saver.  It's not pretty but it works.

Vu Pham

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #9 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Remember that the default FSX C172, in a cold & dark (avionics ON) setting, is my default flight. All I do is this:

1. Start FSX.
2. In the Start Screen, select whatever aircraft I want to fly, select whatever weather I want (but I usually use AS2012 for real world weather) and select any airport I want to start a flight from.
3. Press FLY NOW.

Of course any of my advanced addon aircraft (including the CS757) will be in a cold and dark state, so I have to setup the payload, fuel and the FMC. I then start the aircraft, taxi to the departure runway, take off and fly the route. The 757 flies the route from beginning to end usually without any problems.

If I have no TD in the flight plan, I sort it out, if I can, before departing the gate.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top