Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Look what they did to her! (Read 8770 times)
CoolP

Look what they did to her!
Oct 15th, 2012 at 7:54am
Print Post  

Must admit, I would fly that thing in the sim. But isn't it a strange mix of old plane vs. glass cockpit? It's the (early) classic 737, I know.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Look what they did to her!
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
It looks fake. Shocked

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
I agree. But expect this to be a more advanced system than in the 737NG. If you look closer, you can see that the PFD features synthetic vision. It gets explained here http://www.uasc.com/products/vision1.aspx and won't come in very cheap for that commercial airliner installation.

From http://www.uasc.com/media/.

Check the 'exocentric' view. That looks like in the sim, but you are in that plane for real.  Shocked

IP Logged

USCG76

CMDR. USCG JBSA DOG

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
I cant remember but one of the operator's has the mula and did invest in this. I'll have to ask one of our mechanics as they would know. Around the Canadian North Hanger the mechanics always mention putting in modern avionics displays and other gadgets. But as always the bean counters have another thing to say and usually win Angry.  Yes you can redo a 737 cockpit into many options, 737's are king in that area of convertibility and life cycle's. The 737 is the most universal aircraft in the world with many options. Think of the 737 like the B52 of the USAF. Soon she'll go into the Max Generation series. So sooner or later my employer will probably purchase and install a new avionics suite kit as the price goes down.

&&

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Do you rw folks run your 737 with some extra gadgets these days? Means apart from the GPS. Is this your flight deck? http://www.airliners.net/photo/Canadian-North/Boeing-737-2T2C-Adv/0282419/M/

Good point on the prices of the stuff. From looking at the list, they seem to add at least two zeros when somebody mentions that the installation is meant for a commercial plane. I wonder where that 737 retrofit from above came in.  Shocked It wasn't cheap for sure.

By the way, since you are from Corpus Christi, there's some nice freeware here. http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=kngp_fsx.zip Edited:
edited link

IP Logged

USCG76

CMDR. USCG JBSA DOG

Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
When I'm back home in Yellowknife, at Canadian North yep most the 737's are equipped with FMC, no more CIVA.  CIVA is so old most new pilots grew up to hate it and refuse to learn it. Me, I use FMC and Polar Navigation grid maps and my head and experience. I'm on leave for USCG Duty from Canadian North. I cant see the last link as FS.com dont like hot linking Wink If it was FSX by Jim, KNGP, that's a excellent scenery and my faverite. Wish someone would do MUGM NAS with Mc Calla Field and Traverse City CGAS and a FSX detailed native CYZF.

&&

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 3:15am
Print Post  
I've edited the link. You were right, it's the one from Jim Dhaenens.

I'd love to see the 737 with some kind of modern device added to access the most northern and southern spheres, allowing for a true North reference and proper RNAV. So mainly the setup from the Canadian North cockpit shot, perhaps with the SP177 panel. And we need a working flight director of course.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top