Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Autopilot Issues. Re-install not fixing it (Read 9957 times)
JonathanEnger

Autopilot Issues. Re-install not fixing it
Sep 23rd, 2012 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Hello everyone.

I am beyond frustrated right now with the autopilot in this aircraft.

My problem is that it will not track my GPS when ELEV mode is engaged. What happens is for example I take off and need to make a left turn to start a SID. I get airborne turn on the AIL hold and toggle to GPS mode (using switch above outer marker) it starts to turn to intercept first waypoint on my flight plan. I then turn on ELEV to control my pitch with the yoke and it stops tracking the GPS. The wings level and it just flies straight. I can use the HDG hold function while using ELEV and CWS, just not the GPS.

This is the weird part. A friend of mine has this aircraft and this DOES NOT happen to him. He can follow a GPS flight plan with no issues using AIL-ELEV. Another strange thing is when I get to cruise and turn on ELEV and enable Alt Hold, it will then track the GPS again. I cannot climb or descend and track the GPS at the same time.

I have researched every post in the forum and re-installed the plane two times and to no avail. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!  Cry

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Autopilot Issues. Re-install not fixing it
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Are you turning the Autopilot Mode Selector to VOR/LOC on the A/P? Are you using the hidden NAV/GPS switch (Tooltip display Marker Beacon Sensitivity Switch you mouse over it) above the Marker Beacon Lights on the Captains panel (see attached image)?

CS737_NAV-GPS.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

JonathanEnger

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 4:25am
Print Post  
Yes and yes.

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
the GPS doesn't work on mine either no matter what I do..

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 4:07am
Print Post  
I did a few test flights in mine and it works fine. But to be absolutely sure, which model is it (-100, -200, -200ADV, -200C or -200F)? All of them?

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

rasha01

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
I wrote about that problem on this forum too (during development) and on the support pages of CS website but all I was told was that I'm the only one having that problem...
Than I quit complaining.

IP Logged

RDonnelly

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Hi Mark . I believe it's Safe to say it was the Freighter version. I was the friend helping Jonathan with this issue. I too, for the life of me could not duplicate this. I was working online with him and he differently knows how to use the GPS as he uses it in many other aircraft. It acts like the NAV/GPS button isn't switching modes reading the GPS data. It's diffidently an anomaly unique to the CS 737 but not for all?

IP Logged

ZachSpitler

Reply #7 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Hello i am having the same isues that Jonathan is having!! i flew from PANC to PABR in the 737-200F and all was well. the next day(today) i load up in barrow(PABR) and takeoff.. as soon as i take off i click on the GPS/NAV switch from NAV to GPS.... then i turn on AIL and then ELV then move the switch from man to NAV LOC and my plane turns from a departue bank to straight and level flight!! so i turned off the ELV hold and it starts to turn on course!!! i then cancelled my flight and went to KSRQ and tested out the 737-200 model to see if it was the F model and behold it still was screwing up!!! its got me really pissed off and i would like an answer from a coder of the plane as to why this is happening! i just bought this plane last night and it works! right now ive wasted my 70$ on this plane  Angry

IP Logged

ZachSpitler

Reply #8 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
EVERYBODY  i have fixed the problem for me!! i took the default baron 58 radio panel/autopilot  and replaced the captain sim radio panel with it and walla it works!! must be something with that radio panel!! just copy the stuff in the panel.cfg of default beech baron 58 and replace it in the captain sims panel.cfg and itll work

EDIT!! after you switch the knob to VOR LOC in the pop up 2d autopilot turn on ALT hold and enter your VS and then itll fly the path and climb for you!!! also notice when you turn the know to VOR LOC in the VC that the pop up panel shows the NAV switch flipping on and off thats because of captain sims coding in the plane!!! this is what is causing everybodys problem!!!!

IP Logged

marvic

Reply #9 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 4:07am:
I did a few test flights in mine and it works fine. But to be absolutely sure, which model is it (-100, -200, -200ADV, -200C or -200F)? All of them?

I also did a few tests with mine and it does work, although I never use it.
One thing for sure, the GPS was an after thought as an AID to the VOR nav. It was not designed as the sole NAV unit.

Cheers, Mark Win7 64bit, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X-UD4-BE, GSkill 12800 DDR3 8gig ram, GTX960,WD 2t, 250gb SSD, P3Dv3, GSX, REX E. EZDok, Accu-Feel, ORBX,Track IR5, Saitek PRO; Yoke, pedals, Xtra throttles & headset

IP Logged

RDonnelly

Reply #10 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Zach are you using the Baron AP to activate NAV? I was in the process of adding a GPS/Nav switch to the popup autopilot off of the default Mooney just for testing. I do notice the CS GPS actcvated the default mooney GPS switch but the Mooney GPS switch will not activate the CS GPS switch. Odd

IP Logged

RDonnelly

Reply #11 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
marvic wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:04pm:
Markoz wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 4:07am:

I also did a few tests with mine and it does work, although I never use it.
One thing for sure, the GPS was an after thought as an AID to the VOR nav. It was not designed as the sole NAV unit.

There is no solution to a problem from those whom it DOES work and there is no practical reason why it should not work. The use or not use of the GPS nav is or should be a user preference and have the capability to do so. Plus, many 727 's in use to day have modern avionic upgrades.

IP Logged

marvic

Reply #12 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
RDonnelly wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:09pm:
Zach are you using the Baron AP to activate NAV? I was in the process of adding a GPS/Nav switch to the popup autopilot off of the default Mooney just for testing. I do notice the CS GPS actcvated the default mooney GPS switch but the Mooney GPS switch will not activate the CS GPS switch. Odd

Now for the big question. Has anyone put in a support ticket?
As for support right now, not to under mind your difficulties. It would appear CS is putting all of it resources into the Triple 7.

Cheers, Mark Win7 64bit, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X-UD4-BE, GSkill 12800 DDR3 8gig ram, GTX960,WD 2t, 250gb SSD, P3Dv3, GSX, REX E. EZDok, Accu-Feel, ORBX,Track IR5, Saitek PRO; Yoke, pedals, Xtra throttles & headset

IP Logged

ZachSpitler

Reply #13 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 12:36am
Print Post  
RDonnelly wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:09pm:

i am switching the button in the VC to activate nav and then in the popup im clicking on ATL hold so that the Autpilot can perform both functions!

IP Logged

USCG76

CMDR. USCG JBSA DOG

Reply #14 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 3:10am
Print Post  
RW Canadian North 737-200c's have a mixture of old and new avionics. The 737-200C I fly when up north can even use a portable FMC that yes plugs in via a USB. Technology at your hands and custom to who ever is PIC of that particular flight. I think when I left 2 of with 2 more 737's where sched to be done that way. Should also note the new 737-300 in there fleet is also PIC custom. You would be amazed at what we do to the 737-200 series to keep them in top notch flight condition. you have to as there a critical lifeline in the Arctic. Bottom line in the sim to me the user should learn a bit about VOR NAV and then decide if they ant to go further  or sweet talk CS into giving a modern FMC over the PCDU. Yes I hate the PCDU Grin but im glad I learned her on the real 737-200C. Great knowledge to have as backup.

&&

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Reply #15 - Nov 12th, 2012 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
I read through all of the post but it is still unclear what the solution really is to this issue.

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top