Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
HELP!!! (Read 3000 times)
Rdafdreamer

HELP!!!
Sep 14th, 2012 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Dear Mr. Fletcher
I have some serious problems with all my Captain Sim products. i've purchased the B-52, the 707, the 737, and the Xload. They were working before. But my entire FSX crashed, so i had to reinstall FSX. The B-52 is noncontrollable (the yoke is stock) and i can't power up the engines, and there is no sound from the switches, and the 707 has no visible landing gear, and the last two hasen't been tested yet. I have tried to get new download links and reinstall my products, but it won't allow me to type in the order number Cry what can i do?

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: HELP!!!
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Rdafdreamer wrote on Sep 14th, 2012 at 1:16pm:
I have tried to get new download links and reinstall my products, but it won't allow me to type in the order number Cry what can i do?

Which browser are you using? Can you try another one for testing if the site works? It does for me with Firefox and IE9.

I think your idea to reinstall the CS products after you've reinstalled FSX is a good one. So keep trying to get the fresh installers. Maybe it's just a typo or something on the order number.

You should get this login screen with FF or IE9. If not, you have to enable Java Script.

http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/login.pl

IP Logged

Rdafdreamer

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
It didn't work Cry

IP Logged

Panny

FSX is a pain in the ass.

Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Delete the registry files of those planes and then reinstall.
Pete

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, i7 3930k 4.4Ghz, Corsair H100i, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 2 X GTX 670, OCZ 500GB SSD, Corsair 650D case

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Rdafdreamer wrote on Sep 14th, 2012 at 1:51pm:
It didn't work Cry

Sorry to hear that  Undecided, but can you describe it in more detail?

Can you enter a number at all or is it 'just' returning that you've entered wrong values?
Do you see the page like on my screenshot or does it look very different?

Which browser are you using? Find the current version of it in the 'Help' screen.

I mean, you were able to register in the forums yesterday, so my guess is that the login page should work for you. You need new installers to reinstall and they should be available. Lets just look closer why you can't log in.

Wrong numbers maybe?  Undecided

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 4:21am
Print Post  
You might have to wait for Tanya to give you some advice on how to sort out your problem. It does sound to me like your activation of the products has failed.

Try a different browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox) to see if that lets you get access to new links.

Make sure that if you are using Vista/Win7, that you use the "Run as administrator" option (Right Click on the installer and select "Run as administrator" from the list that pops up).

IF FSX is installed in its default location, C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86), AND you are using Vista/Win7, then you might need to run FSX as an administrator too.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top