Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Passenger Cabin (Read 47790 times)
boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Passenger Cabin
Sep 8th, 2012 at 12:15am
Print Post  
The passenger cabin is fantastic--the best I've ever seen for any flight sim. However, I must say I was somewhat shocked when I realized that it's not actually included in the real aircraft. That is to say that the VC, the main feature of the aircraft, can't be used along with the cabin--and most people fly from the virtual cockpit. Is there any way the cabin and VC can be integrated into one aircraft?

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Re: Passenger Cabin
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 12:50am
Print Post  
I have the same question...

and if it's too large to have with the VC is there anyway to include just biz and first class? (with wing & engine views) but not economy?

BTW it does look totally awesome Wink

Dave

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Yeah, including just the first two would be great!

Or is there a way to decrease the complexity? Sacrificing a little quality so that it could be included with the VC would be fine.

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Well, as explained in the manual: The flight deck and the PAX cabin models are extremely detailed and consist of hundreds thousands of
polygons each. So due to FSX limitation the PAX cabin is separated from the flight deck as an independent aircraft. To use the PAX cabin select the 777 Passenger cabin from FSX Aircraft menu.

"Sacrificing a little quality" is not an option.
Probably we'll make some cropped version of the cabin (whatever FSX will allow) attached to the flight deck.
So most likely we'll offer the following options in ACE:
- Flight deck only
- Flight deck + cropped cabin
- Complete cabin (no flight deck)

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #4 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 5:48am
Print Post  
That would be awesome and thanks for your quick reply Smiley

I was kinda worried...just a little.

Thanks again

Dave

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 6:00am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Sep 8th, 2012 at 3:42am:
Well, as explained in the manual: The flight deck and the PAX cabin models are extremely detailed and consist of hundreds thousands of
polygons each. So due to FSX limitation the PAX cabin is separated from the flight deck as an independent aircraft. To use the PAX cabin select the 777 Passenger cabin from FSX Aircraft menu.

"Sacrificing a little quality" is not an option.
Probably we'll make some cropped version of the cabin (whatever FSX will allow) attached to the flight deck.
So most likely we'll offer the following options in ACE:
- Flight deck only
- Flight deck + cropped cabin
- Complete cabin (no flight deck)

This is where a 2D cockpit would fit in nicely (which I know would make quite a few people happy Lips Sealed).
I not so sure I would use it with a 2D cockpit though. I would rather just have the VC. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Good to hear that you will make at least part of the cabin with VC version.

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
I must congratulate CS on a fine model (since I also do my share of bug reporting!). The external model of LR and ER are superb and the passenger cabin is excellent. I did a night flight with .8 and had a WOW moment when looking at the plane from outside view. One can actually see inside the cabin in 3D, and the lights from the cabin windows shine on the wing. The VC is very accurate and provides the real feel of being in the airplane. The wings and wing flex on the LR really give the feel of flying. Nice work!

Ben

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #8 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
wait what is a cropped cabin
Sad

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Probably the cabin without the economy class section. First half of the cabin.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #10 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Probably the cabin without the economy class section. First half of the cabin.

Yes, we'll crop the back of the cabin to make FSX happy with the file size.

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #11 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Sorry to play Devil's advocate here but;

For the life of me I cannot understand CS's logic here. They make a really stunning PAX cabin (one of CS's strong points and a major selling point), and then make it so that its unusable in flight (OK I guess you could get that model up in the air using some of the 2D panels, but without a radio and overhead panel I don't know how one would do this). But that just defeats all the amazing realism built into this cabin model anyhow.

OK so a cropped version will be offered with the flight deck; So why make the entire PAX cabin in the first place then? As an advert for what CS can do, for looking at while standing at the gate?

So much effort; The number of animations in the PAX cabin is not listed in the manual, so I made a count;

Exterior doors  = 8
Lav doors = 7
Crew rest room door = 1
Windows shades = 122
Armrests = 248!
Overhead Bins = 103!
First Class Seats reclining to beds = 12
First Class Entertainment screens pop-out/stow = 12

513 animations (give or take some I may have missed)! Wow!! but Why?

Together with the hundreds of animations in the VC and External model, + FSX limitations, no wonder its tough to have one model (beside the poly count).

Do we really need all those PAX cabin animations. Every armrest and window shade? Why not just some, say at over-wing seats where, if ever anyone is going to use them, that would be most likely where. Who really is going to open and close every overhead bin?

So maybe if one CS can cut down on the animation count (also help with the poly count?) we could get most if not all of this cabin with the VC in one model?

Just my 2c worth, but I for one would rather CS had put all that effort into systems modelling if it was going to end up like this i.e. nice pax cabin, but sorry can't go with the VC (or only a part of it anyhow)!

Robin

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #12 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Did you try all 513 animations? Or do you think they are all animated after testing quite a few? Just curious. Cheesy

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #13 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Thank you, CS! The cropped cabin will be great.

Markoz wrote on Sep 8th, 2012 at 4:57pm:
Did you try all 513 animations? Or do you think they are all animated after testing quite a few? Just curious. Cheesy

And I think that everything is animated. I know that every overhead bin in the 767 is animated, and my random selection of animations in the 777 with 100% success rate should show that every armrest, overhead bin, etc... is indeed animated.

By the way, CS, would there be a way to change from VC to Cabin midflight. For instance, you can make the stewardess model appear and disappear, so could the same thing be done with sections of the aicraft?

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

chris777

Reply #14 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Thanks alot for all the hard work so far.
Sad to find out you have developed something so great that FSX can't handle it.
It is possible with the ACE to choice between
a-Cockpit only
b-Cockpit and front Cabin (Business, First)
c-Cockpit and back cabin (economy)
d-Full Cabin
It would be a shame to loss one half.
Is the FSX limit something that prevents the model being generated, or can you generate a model with a Cockpit and FULL cabin and it is just a case that it would run but very slow in FSX based on current computer capabilities?
Thanks again

IP Logged

AABoeing

Reply #15 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
I hope this is selectable in ACE instead of having alot of Aircraft selected in FSX itself

Alex
CFI/CFII

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #16 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
at least get ride of 50% of the animations so the file goes down

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #17 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 4:49am
Print Post  
boeing247 wrote on Sep 8th, 2012 at 6:35pm:
And I think that everything is animated. I know that every overhead bin in the 767 is animated, and my random selection of animations in the 777 with 100% success rate should show that every armrest, overhead bin, etc... is indeed animated.

I do believe you guys are right. Every one that I tried in the Pax Cabin worked! Shocked

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #18 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Sep 8th, 2012 at 4:57pm:

Crazy I know but I did open up all the overhead bins, doors etc; Armrests no, checked those at random set rows but everyone I tried was animated; same with the shades. Thought I might as well get some use out of the PAX cabin model. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

matsuman

B777 and B787 driver

Reply #19 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Yeah....I like that idea, 2D panel and the entire cabin layout as a selection on ACE.

Thanks,
Kin M.
(klax)

IP Logged

pride545

Reply #20 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
chris777 wrote on Sep 8th, 2012 at 8:15pm:
Thanks alot for all the hard work so far.
Sad to find out you have developed something so great that FSX can't handle it.
It is possible with the ACE to choice between
a-Cockpit only
b-Cockpit and front Cabin (Business, First)
c-Cockpit and back cabin (economy)
d-Full Cabin
It would be a shame to loss one half.
Is the FSX limit something that prevents the model being generated, or can you generate a model with a Cockpit and FULL cabin and it is just a case that it would run but very slow in FSX based on current computer capabilities?
Thanks again

You asked a question that was discussed just above your reply.....ie,replies 3 and 10!!

Moe Works&&&&                                                    

IP Logged

hoig2

Reply #21 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
I have read through all the replies so far and have taken a few things from them, I agree with those who said its pointless to have the full cabin if it can only be used on the ground (as with the current 2D panel options its going to be difficult to fly) So why not solve the whole thing by having a Full cabin with a proper 2D panel (or at least all the various panels Overhead radio etc...) then at least you can get full use of the cabin and be able to fly the plane properly that makes a lot more sense to me don't you think?

Just few 2 cents  Smiley

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #22 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
what you did with the 767 have like 13 armrests work and a couple of first class seats and like 60 window shades and 30 tray tables so the size of the file goes down so you can add the vc

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #23 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
The plane is called "777 Captain." We don't need any of the animations in the cabin for a normal flight, since we are sitting in the captain's seat. I'm content with being able to open the door and see whatever the captain would see in the real 777 from the cockpit door.

My guess is they made the detailed cabin with animations for those who want a cabin and also for videos and marketing shots. It should not be that difficult for them to get rid of all the animations and knock down the polygon count for a cabin version that will work with the VC.

A detailed VC with working instruments and systems is essential for flight, while the cabin is eye candy.

Ben

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #24 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
hoig2 wrote on Sep 9th, 2012 at 7:09pm:
I have read through all the replies so far and have taken a few things from them, I agree with those who said its pointless to have the full cabin if it can only be used on the ground (as with the current 2D panel options its going to be difficult to fly) So why not solve the whole thing by having a Full cabin with a proper 2D panel (or at least all the various panels Overhead radio etc...) then at least you can get full use of the cabin and be able to fly the plane properly that makes a lot more sense to me don't you think?

Just few 2 cents  Smiley

There won't be a 2D panel from CS. Nearly all the developers have abandoned those. Of course, you always have the option of adding your own, if you can get it to work properly with the cabin model that is provided . . .

Personally, I used the 2D panel before FSX. Since FSX I have been VC only, and I would guess, from looking at the videos of FSX on YT, that most users are now VC only.

Ben

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #25 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Saratoga wrote on Sep 9th, 2012 at 8:26pm:
The plane is called "777 Captain." We don't need any of the animations in the cabin for a normal flight, since we are sitting in the captain's seat. I'm content with being able to open the door and see whatever the captain would see in the real 777 from the cockpit door.

My guess is they made the detailed cabin with animations for those who want a cabin and also for videos and marketing shots. It should not be that difficult for them to get rid of all the animations and knock down the polygon count for a cabin version that will work with the VC.

A detailed VC with working instruments and systems is essential for flight, while the cabin is eye candy.

Ben

If there was ever a plane that needed a virtual cabin, it's this one, though. Once you're in the air, you don't need to touch anything until descent, and you don't really have anything to do until final approach. Of course, in the real world, you would be much more attentive, but in FS, nothing fails unless you want it to, and there isn't anybody on board. And in the 727, I almost never go in the cabin, because I need to be constantly watching my speed, heading, and location. But in a plane like the T7 it's nice nice to have the cabin there to move around and peruse.

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

wb2002

Reply #26 - Sep 10th, 2012 at 2:41am
Print Post  
I think we could debate/discuss the option of 2d, VCockpit and Vcabin forever because it would be based on our own personal likes and dislikes - nothing right or wrong. I do believe however, that developers has acquired the talent and knowledge to conceivably offer both or either if they wanted. Why not have the option of having a 2d panel & virtual cabin or VCockpit and whatever? What has already been done proves the possibility.

wb2002&&&&ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2&&Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64&&2x150GB SATA WD Raptor-No Raid/2x1TB SATA WD ST31000524AS-No Raid&&2x SATA DRW-24B1ST/EVGA GTX580 2Gigs/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU&&3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case Fans

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #27 - Sep 10th, 2012 at 4:50am
Print Post  
geolpilot wrote on Sep 8th, 2012 at 4:40pm:
Sorry to play Devil's advocate here but;

For the life of me I cannot understand CS's logic here. They make a really stunning PAX cabin (one of CS's strong points and a major selling point), and then make it so that its unusable in flight (OK I guess you could get that model up in the air using some of the 2D panels, but without a radio and overhead panel I don't know how one would do this). But that just defeats all the amazing realism built into this cabin model anyhow.

OK so a cropped version will be offered with the flight deck; So why make the entire PAX cabin in the first place then? As an advert for what CS can do, for looking at while standing at the gate?

So much effort; The number of animations in the PAX cabin is not listed in the manual, so I made a count;

Exterior doors  = 8
Lav doors = 7
Crew rest room door = 1
Windows shades = 122
Armrests = 248!
Overhead Bins = 103!
First Class Seats reclining to beds = 12
First Class Entertainment screens pop-out/stow = 12

513 animations (give or take some I may have missed)! Wow!! but Why?

Together with the hundreds of animations in the VC and External model, + FSX limitations, no wonder its tough to have one model (beside the poly count).

Do we really need all those PAX cabin animations. Every armrest and window shade? Why not just some, say at over-wing seats where, if ever anyone is going to use them, that would be most likely where. Who really is going to open and close every overhead bin?

So maybe if one CS can cut down on the animation count (also help with the poly count?) we could get most if not all of this cabin with the VC in one model?

Just my 2c worth, but I for one would rather CS had put all that effort into systems modelling if it was going to end up like this i.e. nice pax cabin, but sorry can't go with the VC (or only a part of it anyhow)!

Robin

+1

IP Logged

grolschi

Reply #28 - Sep 10th, 2012 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Is it possible to copy and paste the part of the pax cab's cfg ( camerdefinitions), into the cfg of another 777 ?

Or will that not work ( before I start messing around ) Wink

Once up in the air it would be great to take a seat somewhere near the wing, once in a while.

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #29 - Sep 10th, 2012 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
captainsim please just get ride of half of the abimations more if have to so we can get the full cabin  Cry

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #30 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 3:02am
Print Post  
grolschi wrote on Sep 10th, 2012 at 6:10pm:
Is it possible to copy and paste the part of the pax cab's cfg ( camerdefinitions), into the cfg of another 777 ?

Or will that not work ( before I start messing around ) Wink

Once up in the air it would be great to take a seat somewhere near the wing, once in a while.

If you mean to the other Captain Sim 777's, then yes you can. Firstly, you need to change the [CameraDefinition.XXX] (there cannot be two of the same and the same goes for the GUID.

This is from the 777-200ER_GE:

;-- cabin ----------------------------------

[CameraDefinition.001]
Title = "First Officer"
Guid = {01A9AC70-9392-4A55-A470-ACEC2E724C4F}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = YES
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .5
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=1.03, 0.05, -0.1
InitialPbh=15, 0, 350

This is from the 777 PAX:

;-- cabin ----------------------------------
[CameraDefinition.001]
Title = "First Class"
Guid = {19530007-1D76-4002-8F62-6A52F7880DB2}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = YES
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .3
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=-0.25,0.00,11.50
InitialPbh=14.5, 0, -70.0
xyzRate=3.0

Both are [CameraDefinition.001], but at least the GUID's are at least different.

You will not see the passenger cabin because it is not a part of the interior model for the 777-200ER GE, PW or 777-200LR.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

grolschi

Reply #31 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your reaction. You mean,you need the cabin textures aswell in the models ?

I guess I just wait for a solution from the Captain  Wink

IP Logged

ayster

Reply #32 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
I agree the full cabin would be nicer with the VC, maybe take the TV screens animations out, the overhead bins animation and reclining 1st class seats animations out too, we don't really need them! Or, Perhaps keep the full one as you have it, in a separate model then have a lite one as above with the VC, so we can atleast go for a wander around the cabin whilst on a long cruise!

Cheers, Ayster

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #33 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
ayster wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 2:27pm:
I agree the full cabin would be nicer with the VC, maybe take the TV screens animations out, the overhead bins animation and reclining 1st class seats animations out too, we don't really need them! Or, Perhaps keep the full one as you have it, in a separate model then have a lite one as above with the VC, so we can atleast go for a wander around the cabin whilst on a long cruise!

maybe keep 1 aniation in first class

IP Logged

Hann

Reply #34 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 7:49am
Print Post  
(Sorry, my english is not good   Undecided  )

In my opinion (for FSX's constraints):

1- The full passenger cabin [(without animations) or (a few animation)]  + full virtual cockpit  is the right choice  

2- Less polygon model for virtual passenger cabin : The reality view in the virtual cabin should be provided with the photoreal textures  

For example : The best choice for virtual passenger cabin  same as CS 767  Smiley

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #35 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Hann wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 7:49am:
(Sorry, my english is not good   Undecided  )
<snip>
For example : The best choice for virtual passenger cabin  same as CS 767  Smiley
Yes Hann, I have to agree. As I spend too much time, during my life, at the blunt end the last thing I want to play with in a flight sim is arm rests and overhead lockers.

Not to degrade Captain Sims efforts, I'm sure there are a lot of customers who appreciate your efforts in this direction.

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #36 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 3:37am
Print Post  
I was just making my way around the interior and noticed a couple of cool things...one is the crew rest compartment...awesome! Wink

and the galley is well stocked...made me hungry.

And...the option for a cropped cabin makes better sense to me...the curtain to first class and some biz sections is always closed during flight.

Dave

IP Logged

fsxking08

"Keep on     Flying!"

Reply #37 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 12:32am
Print Post  
So I think you should keep all or half of the animations in first class, half of buisness class, and only animations in most visited areas of the cabin, ion the CS 767, the only place I sit in coach is the right side window seat that is on the emergency exit that is on the wing (that is also halfway in the coach class)

&&Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 940@2.93GHz&&Radeon Diamond 5570HD (1 gig memory)&&7 gigs RAM on Windows 7 64 Bit&&CS 757-200, 757-200F and 767-300

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #38 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 2:07am
Print Post  
I think Hann must mean the 757.

The 767 has the FULL Passenger Cabin, while the 757 only has First/Business Class Passenger Cabin.

Just sayin'.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

giorgio nicola

Reply #39 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
I have another question:
is it possible not to display the passanger cabin? I mean, when I fly, i don't really care of watching the Pass cabin,and I think it eat a lot of frames...

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #40 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Well yes,thats why they made a separate model with only the passenger cabin.
Just load the standard  777,i.e. no passenger cabin
Ron Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

giorgio nicola

Reply #41 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
rservice wrote on Sep 27th, 2012 at 8:22pm:
Well yes,thats why they made a separate model with only the passenger cabin.
Just load the standard  777,i.e. no passenger cabin
Ron Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Oh yes; I didn't know, thankyou for the reply, even if the question was quite idiot... Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #42 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:33am
Print Post  
giorgio nicola wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 4:58pm:
Oh yes; I didn't know, thankyou for the reply, even if the question was quite idiot... Wink

Not much of a idiotic question at all when you consider the discussion has been about having a VC with only a part of the passenger cabin. I'm pretty sure that we will get the option in ACE to include or exclude it. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

cyclopian

Virtuaql Cabin
Reply #43 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 1:25am
Print Post  
Am I mistaken or is this plane supposed to have a virtual cabin? If it is, I can't seem to get to it even after toggling all the views.  I've even done a pristine re-installation. I must be making some stupid mistake. Someone please enlighten me.
Thanks!

IP Logged

packers101

Re: Virtuaql Cabin
Reply #44 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 1:29am
Print Post  
As of 1.0, the virtual cabin is a separate aircraft that you have to select. This aircraft does NOT have the virtual cockpit. To my knowledge, CS will incorporate a "cropped" cabin with the VC in future updates.

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #45 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 1:30am
Print Post  
The cabin is two big to be in the model with the vc. If you look at the select aircraft menu and you will find the cabin model. In later updates captain sim will have an option to crop the cabin or make smaller. Just like the 757.

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #46 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 1:31am
Print Post  
packers101 wrote on Feb 3rd, 2013 at 1:29am:
As of 1.0, the virtual cabin is a separate aircraft that you have to select. This aircraft does NOT have the virtual cockpit. To my knowledge, CS will incorporate a "cropped" cabin with the VC in future updates.

I started typing and looked back and you bet me posting. Cheesy

IP Logged

cyclopian

Reply #47 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 2:11am
Print Post  
Hey guys,
Thanks for your replies...willcheck the cabin model.

Much appreciated!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #48 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 2:29am
Print Post  
cyclopian wrote on Feb 3rd, 2013 at 2:11am:
Hey guys,
Thanks for your replies...willcheck the cabin model.

Much appreciated!

The 777-PAX (cabin only model) does not have a Virtual Cockpit, which makes it impossible to fly (IMO). Sad I only load to it to have a wander through the cabin, then I load one of the other 777 model to do a flight!

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

cyclopian

Reply #49 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 4:37am
Print Post  
The 777-PAX (cabin only model) does not have a Virtual Cockpit, which makes it impossible to fly (IMO). Sad I only load to it to have a wander through the cabin, then I load one of the other 777 model to do a flight! [/quote]

That's what I thought at first but I'm flying it right now (TNCM-MKJS). I'm at FL370 over santo Domingo at the moment. Couldn't  turn the lights on though but everything else went smoothly (except for the known issues of course). Flying using the SEMICONS but not sure how the approach and landing will turn out.  Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #50 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Okay. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word impossible when it comes to flying the 777 PAX! But I doubt I'll ever try doing a flight in it. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

eke2000

Reply #51 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
when fly high level and use autopilot and in the middle of flight change plane - to 777-PAX (cabin only model), whether the (new)aircraft will continue on autopilot or flight data are all reset?
And then back again to 777 with VC and the plane continues on autopilot or not ??

IP Logged

Pinatubo

Reply #52 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Weston wrote on Feb 3rd, 2013 at 1:30am:
The cabin is two big to be in the model with the vc...

Let me see if I understand this correctly. The 777 (airframe + VC + pilots + engines + fuel + landing gear + etc) takes off and pax cabin is an empty hollow tube. So, passengers, flight attendants, their luggages and cargo, remain on the ground. Undecided

Well, if so, I think the airlines will be bankrupt soon.

Fortunately the cockpit door doesn't open.

It's amazing! Grin Grin Grin

Pinatubo.

My fleet (CS and from others developers):

L1011; B777-200/F; B777-200/F (LR); MD-11/F;B737-600/700/800/900NG; B767-300/200/F/KC ; B757-300/200/F ; C130 X-perience All-In-One; B707-300/300C; B727-100/200; B737-200/200ADV; WX Radar

IP Logged

eke2000

Reply #53 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 7:53am
Print Post  
When 777 flying in the air on the autopilot and now switch model  Pax Cabin - then what happens? Whether the plane will crash or continue operating on autopilot? Undecided Undecided Undecided

IP Logged

Lee Park

Reply #54 - May 28th, 2013 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
I bought the 777 today. Fantastic model, but, yes please, crop the economy cabin and give us a "complete" model with VC and cabin.

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Reply #55 - May 28th, 2013 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
The cabin will be cropped in future service packs/updates captain sim have slready stated this. But it depends when they will do it theres far too much seriouse problems to fix before hand but we never know it may be included in V1.2 and if everything goes to plan v1.2 will be out sometime this week "Hopefully"

Lee Park wrote on May 28th, 2013 at 12:21pm:
I bought the 777 today. Fantastic model, but, yes please, crop the economy cabin and give us a "complete" model with VC and cabin.

Captain Sim 757&&Captain Sim 777&&&&Sean Smiley

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Reply #56 - May 28th, 2013 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Why you askin? why don't you just try it your self  Tongue

eke2000 wrote on Feb 5th, 2013 at 7:53am:
When 777 flying in the air on the autopilot and now switch model  Pax Cabin - then what happens? Whether the plane will crash or continue operating on autopilot? Undecided Undecided Undecided

Captain Sim 757&&Captain Sim 777&&&&Sean Smiley

IP Logged

macejoj

777 1.2. exterior and interior
Reply #57 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Hello,
do you know if 1.2 supports already combined exterior model (with VC) and part of interior views, or it is still separate models...?
many thanks !
JM

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: 777 1.2. exterior and interior
Reply #58 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately no.

IP Logged

Weston

Re: 777 1.2. exterior and interior
Reply #59 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 9:17pm:
Unfortunately no.

I suppose you will just put out a hot fix later on?

IP Logged

Rob Ainscough

Reply #60 - Jun 24th, 2014 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
I'm willing to bet P3D V2.2 (or soon to be 2.3) will be able to handle full PAX with everything else ... plenty of free VAS and DX11 operates much faster.  Also, if you use DX11 only texture compression formats BC6H and BC7 it will be considerably faster ... currently it appears your DDS files are based on the older FSX DXT1-DXT5 compression.  BC6H and BC7 will operate faster and look better and use less VAS.

Something to consider for future P3D V2.x versions.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob Ainscough
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top