Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
 25 Passenger Cabin (Read 47778 times)
boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Passenger Cabin
Sep 8th, 2012 at 12:15am
Print Post  
The passenger cabin is fantastic--the best I've ever seen for any flight sim. However, I must say I was somewhat shocked when I realized that it's not actually included in the real aircraft. That is to say that the VC, the main feature of the aircraft, can't be used along with the cabin--and most people fly from the virtual cockpit. Is there any way the cabin and VC can be integrated into one aircraft?

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Re: Passenger Cabin
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 12:50am
Print Post  
I have the same question...

and if it's too large to have with the VC is there anyway to include just biz and first class? (with wing & engine views) but not economy?

BTW it does look totally awesome Wink

Dave

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Yeah, including just the first two would be great!

Or is there a way to decrease the complexity? Sacrificing a little quality so that it could be included with the VC would be fine.

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Well, as explained in the manual: The flight deck and the PAX cabin models are extremely detailed and consist of hundreds thousands of
polygons each. So due to FSX limitation the PAX cabin is separated from the flight deck as an independent aircraft. To use the PAX cabin select the 777 Passenger cabin from FSX Aircraft menu.

"Sacrificing a little quality" is not an option.
Probably we'll make some cropped version of the cabin (whatever FSX will allow) attached to the flight deck.
So most likely we'll offer the following options in ACE:
- Flight deck only
- Flight deck + cropped cabin
- Complete cabin (no flight deck)

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #4 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 5:48am
Print Post  
That would be awesome and thanks for your quick reply Smiley

I was kinda worried...just a little.

Thanks again

Dave

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 6:00am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Sep 8th, 2012 at 3:42am:
Well, as explained in the manual: The flight deck and the PAX cabin models are extremely detailed and consist of hundreds thousands of
polygons each. So due to FSX limitation the PAX cabin is separated from the flight deck as an independent aircraft. To use the PAX cabin select the 777 Passenger cabin from FSX Aircraft menu.

"Sacrificing a little quality" is not an option.
Probably we'll make some cropped version of the cabin (whatever FSX will allow) attached to the flight deck.
So most likely we'll offer the following options in ACE:
- Flight deck only
- Flight deck + cropped cabin
- Complete cabin (no flight deck)

This is where a 2D cockpit would fit in nicely (which I know would make quite a few people happy Lips Sealed).
I not so sure I would use it with a 2D cockpit though. I would rather just have the VC. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Good to hear that you will make at least part of the cabin with VC version.

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
I must congratulate CS on a fine model (since I also do my share of bug reporting!). The external model of LR and ER are superb and the passenger cabin is excellent. I did a night flight with .8 and had a WOW moment when looking at the plane from outside view. One can actually see inside the cabin in 3D, and the lights from the cabin windows shine on the wing. The VC is very accurate and provides the real feel of being in the airplane. The wings and wing flex on the LR really give the feel of flying. Nice work!

Ben

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #8 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
wait what is a cropped cabin
Sad

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Probably the cabin without the economy class section. First half of the cabin.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #10 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Probably the cabin without the economy class section. First half of the cabin.

Yes, we'll crop the back of the cabin to make FSX happy with the file size.

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #11 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Sorry to play Devil's advocate here but;

For the life of me I cannot understand CS's logic here. They make a really stunning PAX cabin (one of CS's strong points and a major selling point), and then make it so that its unusable in flight (OK I guess you could get that model up in the air using some of the 2D panels, but without a radio and overhead panel I don't know how one would do this). But that just defeats all the amazing realism built into this cabin model anyhow.

OK so a cropped version will be offered with the flight deck; So why make the entire PAX cabin in the first place then? As an advert for what CS can do, for looking at while standing at the gate?

So much effort; The number of animations in the PAX cabin is not listed in the manual, so I made a count;

Exterior doors  = 8
Lav doors = 7
Crew rest room door = 1
Windows shades = 122
Armrests = 248!
Overhead Bins = 103!
First Class Seats reclining to beds = 12
First Class Entertainment screens pop-out/stow = 12

513 animations (give or take some I may have missed)! Wow!! but Why?

Together with the hundreds of animations in the VC and External model, + FSX limitations, no wonder its tough to have one model (beside the poly count).

Do we really need all those PAX cabin animations. Every armrest and window shade? Why not just some, say at over-wing seats where, if ever anyone is going to use them, that would be most likely where. Who really is going to open and close every overhead bin?

So maybe if one CS can cut down on the animation count (also help with the poly count?) we could get most if not all of this cabin with the VC in one model?

Just my 2c worth, but I for one would rather CS had put all that effort into systems modelling if it was going to end up like this i.e. nice pax cabin, but sorry can't go with the VC (or only a part of it anyhow)!

Robin

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #12 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Did you try all 513 animations? Or do you think they are all animated after testing quite a few? Just curious. Cheesy

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #13 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Thank you, CS! The cropped cabin will be great.

Markoz wrote on Sep 8th, 2012 at 4:57pm:
Did you try all 513 animations? Or do you think they are all animated after testing quite a few? Just curious. Cheesy

And I think that everything is animated. I know that every overhead bin in the 767 is animated, and my random selection of animations in the 777 with 100% success rate should show that every armrest, overhead bin, etc... is indeed animated.

By the way, CS, would there be a way to change from VC to Cabin midflight. For instance, you can make the stewardess model appear and disappear, so could the same thing be done with sections of the aicraft?

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

chris777

Reply #14 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Thanks alot for all the hard work so far.
Sad to find out you have developed something so great that FSX can't handle it.
It is possible with the ACE to choice between
a-Cockpit only
b-Cockpit and front Cabin (Business, First)
c-Cockpit and back cabin (economy)
d-Full Cabin
It would be a shame to loss one half.
Is the FSX limit something that prevents the model being generated, or can you generate a model with a Cockpit and FULL cabin and it is just a case that it would run but very slow in FSX based on current computer capabilities?
Thanks again

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top