Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
727 Captain further development (Read 4249 times)
Nikdunaev

727 Captain further development
Aug 19th, 2012 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Hello

Are there any plans for further development of the 727 Captain for FSX?
It would be very, very nice, to see a visual model, improved to the modern level of detail (like the 737 and 777 Captain), with 4X textures, transparent windows, animations of service valves and hatches on the fuselage, all escape slides, not only one, animated, all doors (incl. overwing hatches), blinds, galley boxes, and passenger seats animated in the cabin, passenger signs, emergency lights, individual lights, all lights, avalible in the real cocpit and cabin, and independant variable intensity controls for them, all of the exterior lights, not modeled yet and switches for them, some useful eye candies, like kneeboards with maps in the cockpit and sun shields (these may be useful in FSX too), like in the 777 Captain's cockpit, etc...

Can you make a realistic gradual engine start with corresponding sounds and indications, instead of a rapid blast to nearly max N1/N2/EGT at the moment of the ignition, and then a slow decrease to idle, like in the default planes?

Are you going to do this? Is the weather radar integrated into the VC? This would be nice too. Did you fix the pressurisation?

Also, it would be nice, if you add options not to see passengers in the exterior view (if you are going to make transparent windows and cabin), and to have a cockpit for INS-equipped aircaft (CDU, MSU, etc...), and a panel.cfg for them.

Are you going to add the controls and systems, that are not modeled at the moment, or the current condition is the final one? I would like to see systems like SELCAL, etc...

Also, I would like to see working fire protection and other emergency sytems, because failures are in the list of the simulated features.

If anyone is interested in that too, please, support the topic!

Thank You!

IP Logged

R. Aranda S.

Re: 727 Captain further development
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 2:59am
Print Post  
I also think the 727 needs some work, but I see it kinda far away as we don't have the 777-200/300/F and the 757 V5.0 yet.
I personally think I could use the 767-400 (if it comes along) before a 727 update, but I also know some of you guys don't so...

R. Aranda S.

C152/C172/C310/B762

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 10:00am
Print Post  
I'd love to see all their products finished and fixed before a new aircraft appears. This was the 777, but since they're working on it, let them finish it and PLEASE get back to the rest and finish them too  Huh

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 10:28am
Print Post  
As far as I see the 727 is very much incomplete. The lighting features need to be corrected ( logo lights tied to cockpit lights and the sort ) Trim needs to be adjusted ( too sensitive ). And most of all it needs a Realistic Flight dynamics upgrade. The 727 is still an aircraft you see flying today and getting real world data and pilots to test this product shouldn't be a tall order. A product like this needs to be a bit more realistic in terms of power settings and handling to be truly appreciated. It won;t hurt as well to simulate the actual GPS that is in the cockpit instead of using the default.

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

Tockertive

Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Certainly, the aircraft needs some improvements visually. It needs attention at the nose and cockpit windows - make it look as accurate as the 737. After all they do share the same section 41.
Another thing to note is the way the aircraft sits too high off the nose gear. Take a look at most pics of the 727 on airliners.net for instance and you'll see what I mean. Less of the strut is visible. Only when the aircraft becomes airborne does the strut hang longer as it is no longer compressed.
Some attention must also be paid to the leading edge devices. I don't think the Captain got it quite right...

photo.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2012 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Need to remove that Captainsim.com on the glareshield.

The outboard slats seem to have a different profile, too

i7 4790k @ 4.0 GHz | Noctua NH-U12S | Sabertooth MkII | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | EVGA 4GB GTX970 | 128GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD | Win 7 Home x64 |

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Dear Captain Sim,

You have a lot of work to do...

Smiley

+1 for a 727 redu.

I would like to see the 200ADV (like the CS737) and the Super 27 flight models added.

If the CS727 was at the level that the CS737 is at...that would be awesome!

Dave

IP Logged

Alpha Delta

Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2020 at 1:26am
Print Post  
+1 for an up-to-date Boeing 727 Captain II. Seeing it’s essentially the only working 727 for P3D & FSX, I think it deserves the work, and besides, that demand is there  Wink

Once the 767 is fully finished, praying to see the resurrection of that 727.

Smiley

IP Logged

Mets737

Reply #8 - Jul 3rd, 2020 at 2:01am
Print Post  
YES Please! We need an updated 727!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top