Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Electrical failure! (Read 3744 times)
windplayer

Electrical failure!
Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Last night i had complete electrical failure just after takeoff from LOWW.
I circled and landed with no flaps, overran runway and had a huge repairs bill Shocked pilots injured, but will recover soon.

Guys, I got questions:
How complete electrical failure connected to "flaps dont move" situation?
Should speedbrakes operate with no electrics?
While primary instruments failed, standby artifical horizon worked, how much time it can work? and what power source it uses for gyros?

And what to do in that situation (i mean after doing BIG eyes and screaming HOLY CRAP!!!)?  Grin

BTW general question: how many of us having some failures inflight? How do you think it modeled? i think its very basic, not detailed, but definitely adds some adrenalin to every flight. It rare, but knowing it can happen forces you to look at the gauges all the time  Cheesy

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Re: Electrical failure!
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Do you use Fspassengers?

I had same thing, I was flying Fspassenger cargo flight with cargo 707 that was in really bad shape, I just bought cheapest one I could find, day before I tried same flight and my pressurization went off.

That flight was between Kabul and Kandahar airports, both in Afghanistan. When I had reached my cruising altitude I noticed that my electrical system had failed, but I continued to hand fly the aircraft towards my destination. Then when I descended I finally found out that I couldn't use spoilers and flaps at all, just managed to lower landing gear manually.

To make it all even worse some taliban went and shot one of my engines while on approach (FSPAX has war areas by default), so I had only 3 reversers available and runway was icy. I overran and my pilots got hurt, thankfully I got still my revenue from cargo and the crew got back into service after just few days in local hospital.

Somehow on at least CS 707 FSPAX electrical failure also causes these systems fail too, doesn't seem to be happen with other addons. I actually like it that way.  Cheesy

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:57am
Print Post  
yep! i started to use it a year ago just to bring some vibe to flights. its really boring to fly knowing that nothing  will ever fail.
I wish that FSPX be updated to fit airliners better way, or CS will introduce sort of failure and maintenance engine to their products. I will buy it as separate product if they'll make it Smiley

BTW i doubt that brakes were working too. i engaged pneumatic brake too late, and runway is 11000 ft long!!! Anti-skid went offline too.
And my 707 was in good shape, i maintain em well.

Now pilot Jack Daniels of Whiskey Airlines will spend some time in hospital  Grin

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
OOops Shocked
I forgot to reset failure probability ratio  Grin
I fly simulated failures and set it to 100%, and forget to reset it to 5-10% for normal operation  Roll Eyes

Anyway questions remains Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top