Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 PDCS unusable (Read 7913 times)
Mik75

PDCS unusable
Jul 2nd, 2012 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Hi!
Is it just me or do any other users have similar problems.
I thought, that those CTD“s were gone with the release of 1.0, but after several tries, I am quite annoyed:
As soon as I want to clear the OAT in the PDCS, my FSX crashes to desktop. There are many other "triggers" that crash my sim within this PDCS...
I know that the PDCS will be taken care of in the SP, but on the list I could“t find anything regarding CTDs.
So once again, is it just me, or is this a known issue?
Greets,
Michael

757-200 /-300&&767-300 /-200&&727-100 /-200/ Freighter&&C-130 Basepack&&B-52 Exterior&&707-300/Freighter&&737-200&&&&-----------------------------------------------------&&&&Greets,&&Michael

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: PDCS unusable
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 7:20am
Print Post  
I think some other guys experienced the CTDs too. At least that's what I understood from their posts. I'm also in that club although my main problem is to grab the nature of the beast. From what I can tell, it's not a single key press or operation which seems to cause problems, it's more like filling the PDCS with data and actually working with the modes leads to e.g. a CTD.

I even had a BSOD lately and I can tell you that I haven't had those things on my machine for a long, long time. So I'm sort of cautious now when it comes to the PDCS and I think that 'oh, lets not press too many buttons' attitude is what I've read in the posts of others.

I wouldn't call it unusable since it actually does compute things and doesn't blow up the PC on the first key press, but I wouldn't call it stable in the current state. So I agree, receiving a CTD or worse when actually using the PDCS isn't what a sim flyer is dreaming about. Ending a flight in mid-air with a CTD because you wanted to look up the go-around EPR surely isn't fun and much worse than 'just' some wrong values.

Did you discover some pattern to trigger a CTD yet?

IP Logged

Mik75

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Hi!
I wrote unusable because the entry of the OAT is quite vital for the calculation of the correct EPR setting. And there we are with a 100% "working" trigger for me:
Everytime, really every single time, when I press the CLR key with the OAT Celsius or OAT Fahrenheit field being selected, my FSX crashes.
I could do a flight without touching the PDCS at all, but that shouldn't be the solution, right?
Greets,
Michael

757-200 /-300&&767-300 /-200&&727-100 /-200/ Freighter&&C-130 Basepack&&B-52 Exterior&&707-300/Freighter&&737-200&&&&-----------------------------------------------------&&&&Greets,&&Michael

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
I wrote unusable because the entry of the OAT is quite vital for the calculation of the correct EPR setting.

In that case, you are right of course. However, the OAT fields don't cause a crash here, so that's my point on the unclear nature of the beast.  Undecided I've used them in the small tutorial and 'my' CTDs and that BSOD happened in other modes. http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1335209812

I guess we both agree on not trusting the PDCS in it's current state.  Huh I think that the data of others would be helpful too, so perhaps they join in on this thread.

IP Logged

Mik75

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Yeah, it is a little bit like having a CDU of a FMS that crashes the sim everytime you want to fill out the POS INIT page...  Huh
I really hope that CS is fully aware of the fact that the PDCS is causing some serious CTD issues for some users.
It would be good idea for sure if users with similar problems would join in here!

IP Logged

Legend

Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 3:50am
Print Post  
well... the thread is already a bit older but I experienced it also. Tried to use CoolP's tutorial, but the moment I entered temperature (in Fahrenheit) and pressed the <ENT> button, FSX crashed.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 10:08am
Print Post  
The only way I can enter data in the PDCS is to do it slowly. If I press a couple of buttons too quickly (in less than about one second) then the PDCS can crash. I can successfully enter all the data with out a crash if I do it   n i c e   a n d   s l o w . Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Ive normally finished the flight by the ive finished entering data in the PDCS, well in truth i dont really use it.

&&

IP Logged

marvic

Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 11:46am
Print Post  
gandy wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 10:21am:
Ive normally finished the flight by the ive finished entering data in the PDCS, well in truth i dont really use it.

I do not use it either.

Cheers, Mark Win7 64bit, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X-UD4-BE, GSkill 12800 DDR3 8gig ram, GTX960,WD 2t, 250gb SSD, P3Dv3, GSX, REX E. EZDok, Accu-Feel, ORBX,Track IR5, Saitek PRO; Yoke, pedals, Xtra throttles & headset

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #9 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:41am
Print Post  
Never had the CTD thing but can only ever get it to compute the take off EPR, just does nothing at any other time. I don't bother with it anymore. Just use the nifty rules of thumbs provided elsewhere in this forum about the 737. I find i have enought other weird program behaviour with the 737 as it is, like the electrics all selected on and then a screen change and they all are off again.

IP Logged

Decio Pedroso

Reply #10 - Jan 1st, 2014 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Hello:

I bought this bird a couple of weeks ago, so I believe I have the last version installed. Despite that, I am facing the same troubles reported on this post more than a year ago!!!
In my case CDU entries can just be done very slowly - as reported here - and even slowly, my FSX is crashing during CDU entries whenever I am playing on Multplayer mode. So far, I did not have any crash in Free Flight Mode.
I really apreciate a fast reply from CS about this issue, since I just use FSX in Multiplayer sessions and I don't intend to change that.
Thank you.

IP Logged

ftwd

Reply #11 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 3:06am
Print Post  
I use the wonderful V-One gauge, the tweaks and the EPR charts which makes this great aircraft very close to operating the real thing. IMHO, a lot more fun than using the PDCS. I don't think we will see a fix until CS releases a major update.

Have fun,

Nathan.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #12 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 4:47am
Print Post  
There are plans to do patches for most of the Captain Sim addon aircraft for FSX (excluding the 757 and 767 AFIK). How long before we see them is the "$1Million question"!
In other words, there is no time frame for when exactly they will be released. It's a case of "they will be ready when they're ready". Wink

EDIT: Captain Sim do not support multiplayer:

Q: I got some issues with your product in multiplayer/online community/server.

A:
Unfortunately we cannot not support any issues related to multiplay, online communities, online server etc. because remote server connection problems may be caused by various non-product related reasons.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Decio Pedroso

Reply #13 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 5:36am
Print Post  
Has someone deleted my last post here?

Most probably there was some kind of error.

I have remarked how absurd it is the fact that CaptainSim does not support multiplay mode.
I have not been noticed about this before and this is the third airplane i have bought from CS.
By the way, I am still waiting for a promised new version of 727 base pack to fix its inumerous bugs that was never launched.
I have said before and repeat now: CS is disapointing...
737 was may last product bought from CS.
It is time they show up some respect with their customers.
It is unacceptable to buy a FSX aircraft that cannot fly in multplayer mode.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #14 - Jan 9th, 2014 at 5:43am
Print Post  
I made three flights with the PDCS without a crash, and with EPR calculated and displayed. Interesting to see the precursor to the FMC. I manually set my bugs. While it's kind of cool, I really hope they complete it so the PDCS sets the bugs. It seems a shame to leave that whole system incomplete. It is exactly the sort of thing that keeps Captain Sim from getting the respect it deserves (e.g. 727 trim speed -- STILL!).

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32ā€ Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top