Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Can't drop Bombs?? (Read 9051 times)
crawdad

Can't drop Bombs??
Jun 26th, 2012 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
I pull Shift+2 up go to bombs. The weapon counter doesn't have any. How do i select the number of bombs i can drop. In rockets I have 200 in Missles I have 6 and gun I forget now but I have a number in the counter.

Any advice?  Thank you

IP Logged

ptds

Re: Can't drop Bombs??
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
The bombs part of the package is not available at this time.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

crawdad

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Thanks Pete

IP Logged

kccwuk

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2012 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
I am fairly new at this too but as I understand, you are trying to drop bombs from the CSWeapons control panel and that does not work as you said. If you open the manual and go to the section on dropping bombs it tells you how to get around using the CSWeapon control panel for dropping bombs. It does involve a bit of file altering in a saved flight FLT. file. I will not go in to details as that is why they recommend doing this only if you are confident in your computer skills. I found leaving the manual open to that section as you do it makes it a lot easier to understand. Worked for me and now I'm dropping cluster bombs! I would like some details on detonating the included (British Weapons Pack) WE177A. Is there a specific altitude or some thing? Any help appreciated! My final advice READ THE MANUAL. I found out that I'd been using the default machine gun for a couple of weeks before I took my own advice and now my A-10 growls! Best of luck!
 Cool

Men of simple needs are rarely simple men.

IP Logged

ontheair

Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 6:33am
Print Post  
[...] if you open the manual and go to the section on dropping bombs it tells you...

Have you got a different Weapons manual than mine ? or a brand-new one ? I can't find anything in the Weapons manual related to bomb dropping except page 8  :

BOMB - bombs (inop)

which manual are you talking about ? Thanks to be a little bit more precise

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
I think he means the SDK manual, but I can't find it in that manual or the Weapon manual. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Unless he means the info is in the CSWeapo.xml. But I haven't looked that deeply into dropping bombs.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

kccwuk

Reply #6 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Sorry all for any confusion. It's my dialect UK via Undecided Kansas City! The following is a part of the British and US weapons pack found in your FSX folders. There you will find effects and textures to copy to FSX scenery files I will have to locate that and post it. THE BOMBS WILL NOT HAVE ANY EFFECT UNTIL THAT IS DONE but.... I copied this for you in the mean time. You will know you have it right if you see a grey rectangle with the type of weapon and number of.  Wink

this is the first two lines of bomb info to paste in saved flight. CBU-97 is the weapon of

choice and 99 is the number of said weapon you cut and paste as instructed to change the

values I have just got rid of the *'s and ^'s but the rest is as written

[DroppableObjects.0]
ObjectSet.0=CBU-97, 99

Start FSX choose your aircraft ect. and save the flight, exit FSX look in your documents

or where ever you keep your saved flights and open the FLT. I use Notepad as suggested

Now add the weapon of your choice (copy the weapons name and past over the *'s), from the

list below and the number of available weapons to drop (any number you wish, write over the

^'s). Once you have done this you save the saved flight and exit notepad, now go load that

flight up in FSX and go drop bombs or fire missiles using the key press "shift + D"

Please note! It is critically important that you use the names below exactly as they point

to the individual objects!

US Weapons Pack;
Air to Air Missiles;
Aim-4D
Aim-4F
Aim-4G
Aim-7E
Aim-7F
Aim-7M
Aim-7MH
Aim-9B
Aim-9D
Aim-9E
Aim-9H
Aim-9L
Aim-9M
Aim-9X
Aim-54C
Aim-120A
Aim-120B
Aim-120C
Aim-132

Air to Ground Missiles;
Agm-12C
Agm-45
Agm-62I
Agm-62IERDL
Agm-62II
Agm-62IIERDL
Agm-65A
Agm-65B
Agm-65D
Agm-65E
Agm-65F
Agm-65G
Agm-78B
Agm-84D
Agm-84E
Agm-88A
Agm-88C
Agm-114B
Agm-114C
Agm-114F
Agm-114K
Agm-119B
Agm-122A
Agm-123
Agm-142

Guided Bomb Units;
GBU-10
GBU-12
GBU-15
GBU-16
GBU-24A
GBU-24B
GBU-27
GBU-28
GBU-29
GBU-30
GBU-31
GBU-32

Cluster Bombs;
Mk-20
CBU-52
CBU-58
CBU-59
CBU-71
CBU-72
CBU-87
CBU-97

Dumb Bombs;
M117
Mk-81
Mk-82
Mk-83
Mk-84

Incendiary;
Mk-77

British Weapons Pack;
500lb GPB
1000lb GPB
ALARM
Sea Eagle
Paveway
WE177A
Sky Flash
AS-37 Martel
BL755
Smiley I will look up the bit that goes boom! Shocked

IP Logged

kccwuk

Reply #7 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
I have to change my previous post but don't panic. The change is simple forget the scenery bit. You open the British Weapons Pack in your main FSX folders. Open that and there are folders to copy to simobjects folder. NOT SCENERY! Do the same for US Weapons Pack and go drop some bombs! The effects are not true representations of type of weapons explosions but they do go BOOM!
I hope I've helped more than I harmed. It's a way of life Wink

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #8 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
The package you are refering to is not part of 'weapons for FSX'. It is a package that was created by Chris Sykes and is available in the free liveries section.
I have had this program running alongside Weapons for FSX for a time but now find it easy to modify the CSWeapons.xml file to make free fall bombs using the missile section of code with zero thrust as detailed else where on the forum.

pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 7:09am
Print Post  
@kccwuk. That looks like the same method as described in the IRIS A-10A Warthog manual.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

kccwuk

Reply #10 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
It is. After finding the British Weapons and US Weapons folder it is only different munitions but are cut and pasted exactly the same. I knew I must have got something wrong but I don't remember downloading the bombs as a seperate addon. It's possible as I do stay up too late sometimes finding new things! Cheesy I was sure that it was a part of the original package though. I am fairly new to this too and probably shouldn't be giving any advice! A little knowledge ect. ect. I do enjoy using CSWeapons and just want to share the joy! Grin I will try and look up the post mentioned by Pete Thanks Pete!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top