Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15  Send TopicPrint
 25 AUTOPILOT (MCP part only) (Read 124180 times)
lftt205

Re: AUTOPILOT (MCP part only)
Reply #195 - Feb 1st, 2015 at 6:16am
Print Post  
Hello All, having a problem now after upgrading to V1.6, the autopilot does not keep course. When i engage the autopilot the steering column begins to twitch violently. VNAV works fine but it does not hold LNAV!!
I uninstalled and reinstalled with version 1.4 only and still have the same problem. I then re-installed V1.6. The aircraft model is now unusable!! Any help would be appreciated.
Just as an additional note I also upgraded the Airac to 1501 with Navigraph.

IP Logged

Silverbeard

Reply #196 - Feb 1st, 2015 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
I would suggest you increase the null zone for your joystick/controller. the twitching is usually caused by the potentiometers sending spurious signals.

David

[img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif[img]

IP Logged

lftt205

Reply #197 - Feb 2nd, 2015 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Hello David Many thanks for your reply, I will try that indeed!! The problem does not exist with any other payware that I have however i guess its how this model receives the signal from the controllers, it may be more sensitive. I use the Saitek Flight Yoke. I will post if this clears up the problem or not.

Best regards

Lorenzo

IP Logged

lftt205

Reply #198 - Feb 2nd, 2015 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Hello again David, we have joy again thanks to your advice!!! We went into control panel>Devices>Saitek Flight yoke, we noticed there was a slight twitch as you mentioned from the potentiameter so we from there opened the null zone to filter it out. Now the sim would receive a clean signal and not have the sim do that extra work.

Wonderful stuff and many thanks again!!!!

Lorenzo  Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Silverbeard

Reply #199 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
That's good news. Glad to help.

David

[img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif[img]

IP Logged

Jim Kaye

Reply #200 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
I have been trying to fly the 777 (Update V1.6), and find that often the AP light will go out during a flight.  I select AP mode again either with the left mouse button or pressing the Z key.  After a short time, usually just a few seconds, the AP turns off again.  The 777 is very difficult to fly without using the autopilot, and I am going to wear out the Z key on the keyboard after having to press it literally hundreds of times during a flight!  In contrast, the 767 never has an issue with the autopilot, and follows the flight plan entered into the FMC as expected.  Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone have suggestions?  I love the 777.  Captain Sim created a great aircraft, but I will have to give up flying it unless this can be resolved. Cry

Jim Kaye

[img]https://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x777/x777_3.jpg[/img

IP Logged

Fly out of Utah

Reply #201 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Are you moving the yoke forward, that will turn off the autopilot?

Marc&&Dell XPS 8300 AMD Radeon HD 6450&&Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU@2.90GHz&&6 GB 64 bit&&&&

IP Logged

Jim Kaye

Reply #202 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
I am using a CH Products yoke and rudder pedals, and am not moving the yoke forward, which as you say would cause the autopilot to turn off.  I use the same yoke and rudder pedals when flying the Captain Sim 767, same flight plan, and the autopilot works as it should.  Recently have been flying from KSEA to KDEN and from KSEA to KSFO.  I have started by loading the Captain Sim 777 'ready to go' flight from KSEA, then changed the flight plan using the FMS to load the pre-saved flight plan to KDEN or KSFO.  Have not tried using ACE to set up the 777 before loading the flight plan in the FMS, but will do this soon.  Have loaded and flown the pre-saved tutorial flight from Paris to Marsailles in the 777, and the autopilot has worked OK, so it apparently does not always fail with my setup.

Jim Kaye

IP Logged

Jim Kaye

Reply #203 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 4:35am
Print Post  
I made two changes which may have resolved my autopilot problem.  1) In FSUIPC I selected a mode to eliminate Control Spike issues by checking the options for rudder, elevator, and ailerons.  2) I used ACE to determine the passengers and cargo.  Then I selected the KSEA to KDEN flight in the FMS which had been previously saved.  Was able to complete the entire flight with no autopilot issues.  Last night I also completed a flight from KSEA to KSFO.  Captain Sim has created a really great 777.  Made an ILS approach into RWY 34L using autoland, taxied to the gate, and used CTRL-J to move the jetway to the front door.  Really neat!  Smiley Smiley

Jim Kaye

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #204 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 8:48am
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.7

IP Logged

Swordsman422

Reply #205 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Good update in a lot of ways. Had the 777 since 1.4. Frame rates are the best yet, and I successfully made my first autopilot take-off.

However, the autopilot continues to act erratically in time compression. Under 1.6 I could still take FSX to 4x without the aircraft porpoising in autopilot. Now, the autopilot banks wildly at even 2x and in about 30 seconds it is rolling perpendicular to the horizon back and forth, and rapidly begins to lose altitude.

Is there a way that I can correct this? I do not have time in the day to fly a 16 hour flight in realtime, nor am I willing to split my flight up over several sessions.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Originally accidentally posted this in the appropriate P3D thread. Removed that and moved it here. Sorry 'bout that.

IP Logged

Jim Kaye

Reply #206 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 5:52am
Print Post  
In my first flight from KSEA to KSFO I used 4x for part of the flight to save time, and did not encounter the problems you experienced.  I was flying at FL310 during most of the time at 4x, and the CDU made some heading changes to follow the flight plan without any loss of control.  Not sure why this would happen.

Jim Kaye

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #207 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Jim is right, we also do not experience the issue. And yes turns can be wider. You are using time acceleration, it may cause different issues.

IP Logged

Swordsman422

Reply #208 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Jim, that's curious but proof that it works for someone, so there is hope. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall, going through all the procedures again, then try some of the suggestions listed on this thread.

I don't want to give up on this plane. I love it. It looks awesome and is a real joy to fly.

IP Logged

Jim Kaye

Reply #209 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
When installing v1.7 I was given a choice to either repair or uninstall.  I saved my 3 777 aircraft to a temporary file, then chose reinstall, rather than repair.  After uninstalling, was not given the repair option.  Don't know whether this could possibly have anything to do with the problems you have experienced with x2 and x4 mode.  Just a thought.  Good luck.

Jim Kaye

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top