Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15  Send TopicPrint
 25 AUTOPILOT (MCP part only) (Read 124183 times)
Markoz
Beta Team

Re: AUTOPILOT (MCP part only)
Reply #180 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 1:40am
Print Post  
amahran wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 9:49pm:
Perhaps it IS caused by the low FPS, but that was rather disappointing. The first full flight I had on that bird and I stalled on approach.... Sad

I'm currently looking to getting a new laptop anyways. As much as I'd love a desktop, it seems beyond my capabilities to own one and manage it, since I move a lot. One main priority of mine is a MUCH better graphics card.

It seems to make sense that if the computer is struggling to keep up with everything being done, that the throttles could decelerate too much as well (the computer is managing one thing, while another thing goes unmanaged for a moment).

I've seen this sort of thing in other games when my computer could barely cope with the new games. Sad

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD, 1x2TB SSHD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x2TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.5
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.5

IP Logged

amahran

Reply #181 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 1:40am:
amahran wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 9:49pm:
Perhaps it IS caused by the low FPS, but that was rather disappointing. The first full flight I had on that bird and I stalled on approach.... Sad

I'm currently looking to getting a new laptop anyways. As much as I'd love a desktop, it seems beyond my capabilities to own one and manage it, since I move a lot. One main priority of mine is a MUCH better graphics card.

It seems to make sense that if the computer is struggling to keep up with everything being done, that the throttles could decelerate too much as well (the computer is managing one thing, while another thing goes unmanaged for a moment).

Surely that would defy the computer science laws of multitasking, unless CS somehow managed to get a bug in their autothrottle system that causes the computer to forget about the autothrottle function or so.

And something else:
When disengaging the autopilot using the hotkey (Z, which I assume is the equivalent of hitting the Autopilot disconnect button on one's yoke), I hear the autopilot disengage aural warning, but then the autopilot doesn't actually disengage until the end of the aural warning. It's definitely not something I'm used to, but I'm not sure if that's an actual quirk with the plane or if that would be considered a bug. In times when you urgently need to disengage the AP, that would be rather dangerous (especially if your autopilot starts oscillating on approach)

And another:
During LNAV turns (change in heading in the flightplan or so), the Flight Director (at least mine) seems to want to indicate levelling out during the whole turn
(e.g., the LNAV roll mode would start turning the aircraft left, while the roll mode F/D would tell me that I should be banking right)

And a quickspot on the Autopilot panel to engage TO/GA would be much more convenient than moving my viewpoint to in front of the throttle controls, looking down at the throttle controls, hitting the TO/GA clickspot, and rapidly hitting Ctrl+Space to get back into the normal view.

EDIT: When power is first applied to the aircraft and/or the MCP, the altitude setting should default to 10,000

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #182 - May 13th, 2014 at 10:45am
Print Post  
fuzzy11 wrote on Dec 31st, 2013 at 9:51pm:
I'm clicking on what appears click spots, but nothing happens. Especially if I am bouncing around in turbulence, click spots don't seem to like to work in this locations.

We do not experience the issue. Please name those elements you have issues with.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #183 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 7:39am
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON VERSION 1.4

IP Logged

rsvette12

Reply #184 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 3:39am
Print Post  
Oh there is an issue with lighting inside VC not working correctly such as storm and dimming knobs on overhead panel Smiley

IP Logged

mindyerbeak

Reply #185 - Jun 24th, 2014 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
I have issues with the Ap. This is what I h ave done.  I had only the tristar installed so I installed the 1.4  version and rebooted.Installed the -300 expansion and rebooted. Installed the newest navigraph airac and rebooted.

I entered my route and all that and took off. As soon as I activated my ap vnav+lnav my plane started going in circles and then banking... I heard bank angle bank angle and  in the end it flipped over and went down like a brick.and  crashed.I entered all my data in the fmc  correctly so vnav and lnav had all the info available.I uninstalled and reinstalled  plane and expansion but i still had the same problem.

Help ?

Thanks

IP Logged

matsuman

B777 and B787 driver

Reply #186 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Do you use the ACE configuration before flying a model and livery?
If not, do this every time you start a flight. This way your init page setup is correct.
Also, check your ND display if the first waypoint is the departure RWY you selected on the FMC. It will say RWY24 or something.
I saw this one time and deleted that leg on CDU, made sure that the first waypoint is about 5nm and should be on top at 3,000 ft...etc

Kin M.
(Klax)

IP Logged

mindyerbeak

Reply #187 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 3:44am
Print Post  
matsuman wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 1:08am:
Do you use the ACE configuration before flying a model and livery?
If not, do this every time you start a flight. This way your init page setup is correct.
Also, check your ND display if the first waypoint is the departure RWY you selected on the FMC. It will say RWY24 or something.
I saw this one time and deleted that leg on CDU, made sure that the first waypoint is about 5nm and should be on top at 3,000 ft...etc

Kin M.
(Klax)

I always use ace configuration.I always enter rwy+sid so not sure if the first waypoint is  at 5mn and at 3,000ft or so.is it another of those cs bugs ?

IP Logged

Pisitt

Reply #188 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I experienced problem with ILS landing. Since I have downloaded SP1.4, ILS landing has no longer working. I follow the flight plan as usual, follow ATC instruction and descend to 2300 feet with runways select in FMC. I suppose to see green box which shown the runways on left panel (pitch spd and altitude panel) but it never show off! with APP mode enable, I still can't get any ils intercept even runway is just right in front. (At 2300 feet with spd of 170 knots at where I suppose to intercept)

And at beginning of the flight, the warning sound beep out because gear lever is not at down position but I am at the gate! I use cold and dark, but it is not be cold and dark mode as usual like SP1.3. when I start the engine with parking brake on also having warning. the warning still indicate for frap configuration also.

What I should do to fix these problem?

I saw a lot of improvment in SP1.4 at the same time experience some problem at the same time.

Thank you

IP Logged

Pisitt

Reply #189 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
At the begining of the flight I also see 'No autoland' word in the middle panel.

Before landing I select RWY and get a message 'ARR N/A for Runway'

IP Logged

Fly out of Utah

Reply #190 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
One thing I do is to reselect the aircraft at the beginning of flight, but before I do that I lower the gear lever, then this does not occur when I reload. I am not having an issue with ILS after doing this. Good Luck. Wink

Marc&&Dell XPS 8300 AMD Radeon HD 6450&&Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU@2.90GHz&&6 GB 64 bit&&&&

IP Logged

amahran

Reply #191 - Jul 20th, 2014 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Hey, just saying, since 1.3, the improvements in this addon are IMMENSE, and I'm wowed, you guys have done a great deal!

One thing that bothers me, though, so far, would be the fact that, on all 3 test flights that I've had, LNAV and VNAV wouldn't activate until a MUCH later altitude than it's usual schedule (50' AGL and 400' AGL)

Here would be the process I usually go through:
1) A/T armed
2) F/D's on (LH first, then RH)
3) LNAV and VNAV armed
4) 50% thrust check, then engage TOGA switches (manually)
5) take-off and climb

On the first flight, when I activated TOGA via the clickspot (right clicking on the A/T switch), TOGA mode would remain active all the way up to 10,000', after which LNAV and VNAV engaged.

On the second and third flight, they engaged at approximately 3,000', but I was not able to see a pattern, other than my constant bickering with the MCP disarming and rearming everything repeatedly.

In all 3 cases, I was within 5 miles of the first waypoint.

Thank you for not forgetting this product and working towards its improvement daily; we all truly appreciate the work you're putting into this aircraft!

EDIT: On the previous flight I had from Amsterdam, on take-off, LNAV and VNAV engaged at the correct times. I'm not sure what was done differently this time, but I DID notice that at that specific time, the flight initialized with the throttle levers in the idle position (unlike the first 3 where it initialized with the levers at what I'd guess is full thrust). It was also the first flight out of Amsterdam. Of the first 3 flights, 2 were out of Paris and one out of Shanghai.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #192 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 11:11am
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.6

IP Logged

Old B747 Driver

Reply #193 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Folks at CaptainSim - thank you for the fantastic add-ons you've created. With so much realism, I almost feel guilty about posting any problem, but maybe there is an easy fix for my problem:

When I first installed the 777 and attempted an autoland, it worked perfectly. Some time later I installed the L-1011 and 757, which both autoland perfectly but now the 777 lands off to the left of the localizer during autoland! Interestingly, the localizer is visibly displaced to the right, demonstrating that the gauge software knows it is not 'on the localizer' but the autpilot seems content to simply keep it displaced a certain amount (varies a bit by each approach), but so far not more than half-scale.

Any ideas on how to further investigate this problem or something I should update/change/disable/etc.?

Thanks for any information.

Tom
Old B747 Driver

IP Logged

aruem

Reply #194 - Jan 19th, 2015 at 12:44am
Print Post  
I am having an issue where the plane will not correctly capture the next course on LNAV, it will turn over the waypoint and then make a 180 degree turn heading in the wrong direction. I also had another issue where I initiate a step climb and a descent began.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top