Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 FLIGHT MODEL (Read 135483 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

FLIGHT MODEL
May 30th, 2012 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Please note - systems debug mode has been removed. Feel free to select any livery or aircraft variation, to reload the 777, to select/save another flight.

IP Logged

LukeP

Re: FLIGHT MODEL
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
When all Hydraulic & Demand Pumps are OFF:

1. The Flaperons are meant to drop down
2. The Elevator is meant to drop

Trimming on the rudder doesn't turn left or right, just stays static.

IP Logged

LukeP

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Inboard Aileron doesn't act as a flaperon! Meant to drop down with the flaps all the way to flaps 20.

Speedbrakes:

On Touchdown, the 2 closest to the fuselage are meant to half go up, then the others only 3 go up. There is meant to be a gap between the last 3, then they come up fully after a few seconds.

While Airborne and using the Speedbrakes the 2 closest to the fuselage always ONLY go half way up, no matter what. Only the last 3 go up when fully extended. When half way only the last 2 go up.

IP Logged

cyprus air91

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
hi cs iv just bought and installed the base pack and it said it needed to uninstall my ex model. just wonderd why. and also i cant take off or do anything with it. flaps dont work rudder etc all moveing parts. and lastly i thought the base pack included the pw engien? thanks for your time  Smiley

IP Logged

cyprus air91

Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Smiley hey erm nothing works like all the moveing parts flaps rudders etc i cant get off the ground what do i do? thanks Exclaim Smiley

IP Logged

kevin777lover

Reply #5 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
When autopilot is ON and HDG ON the plane rocking from side to side.

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #6 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Same here mostly. Yoke animation does not work, same with flaps and plane keeps banking heavily to left and only much right yoke (which cant be seen on VC like said) helps to counter it...

I tried to redownload and reinstall, didn't help. Will try again later when slept over night.

IP Logged

cyprus air91

Reply #7 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
hey my auto pilot if off Smiley

IP Logged

TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

Reply #8 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
I can report the same thin. The yoke doesn't animate, the plane pulls to the left, and I am unable to use the rudder. I was concerned it was just me, but it doesn't seem to be.

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #9 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Capt said if your tough enough to fly it give it a try! LOL but seriously I'm about  to give it a try my self! LOL. Why don't you keep the aircraft config from your previous installation and see if that works. Also see if you can keep the same model. Or do  what Mark  did with 737 V|C with your new model. I'll try when I get back home Friday. In other words download your update for the V\C  and copy the V|C from the panel  CFG and whatever bit maps in the panel folder that belong to the  V\C. Then See if you can reinstall your exterior, if you can then just do what Mark did with the 737 V|C, to see if you can get the exterior model with the working V|C. Just a thought, it might work. Let me know how it goes. Hopefully I'll get home Friday in enough time to try for myself. Cool

IP Logged

Fsxkid11

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:04am
Print Post  
I am having the EXACT same problems as the pilots above. No systems seem to be functional.

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:10am
Print Post  
Everyone seems to forget that this is a test version. It will be finished soon, with our help - We're meant to help find the issues and enumerate them, not complain that it doesn't work because they know about it already.

So...

1) Aircraft cannot taxi. There's no control over steering yet.

2) When airborne after slewing it into a runway, the aircraft banks heavily to the left.

3) Rudder inputs don't work and make the rudder shake

4) Elevator doesn't seem to be working yet. Had to trim a LOT to get the T7 airborne.

Typical symtoms of the sys.gau glitch. KSEA flight will help...

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #12 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Yeah just wanted to report it. Nothing to complain really, for this same payment I can still get final completely working product when its finished and also save some money when compared to buying it when its complete.

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #13 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:17am
Print Post  
cyprus air91 wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:15am:
test? lol i paid 29 euro for a test vc omg i didnt even know if i knew i would of waited. so when its out out do we have to buy it again? Smiley

Nope, you can then download it for no further payment. So you lose nothing by buying this beta version, actually you save a bit as this is cheaper than final product which you will still get for no further payment.

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #14 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:28am
Print Post  
If you buy you save right now. I don't see any other out right now of quality. take it as learning your aircraft.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #15 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Thanks for the reports.
Just one or two of them got smth to do with the FLIGHT MODEL.
Please stay on topic because devlopers will never receive the off-topic reports.

IP Logged

cyprus air91

Reply #16 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:34am
Print Post  
oh. ok i fully understand now got a lil confusing Smiley thanks

IP Logged

Fsxkid11

Reply #17 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:04am
Print Post  
I got the model ( controls ) to work. Turn on your HYD pumps. But yes, there are a alot of bugs still crawling around.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #18 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:21am
Print Post  
gonzalo wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:01am:
The plane has hundreds of bugs. At this time, it“s unflyable...

Very informative. Thanks.

IP Logged

danroman

Reply #19 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:23am
Print Post  
How did you turn off the repeating morse code?\

and another question.....
2.  is there ground power yet?

Thanks.....

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #20 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:33am
Print Post  
danroman wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:23am:
How did you turn off the repeating morse code?\

and another question.....
2.  is there ground power yet?

Thanks.....

Are you sure it's a FLIGHT MODEL?

As the forum is getting poluted with poitless and offtopic posts we have to say and enforce the following:
PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC AND BE SPECIFIC IN THIS TECH FORUM. POITLESS AND OFFTOPIC POST WILL BE REMOVED.

If you wish just to talk please use GENERAL DISCUSSION forum section.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #21 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #22 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Make sure the following switches (attached image) are ON and the fault lights extinguished. They are on the AFT OH Panel. This should give you steering control etc. for taxiing.

777_Aft_OH.JPG (Attachment deleted)

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD, 1x2TB SSHD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x2TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.5
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.5

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #23 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Pvjinflight wrote on Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:50pm:
Same here mostly. Yoke animation does not work, same with flaps and plane keeps banking heavily to left and only much right yoke (which cant be seen on VC like said) helps to counter it...

I tried to redownload and reinstall, didn't help. Will try again later when slept over night.

I think I found at least part of the reason for this. I just started a flight, and when I looked at the rudder AND aileron trim were all set the maximum left (see attached image)! I guess I'm still not using the ECL correctly yet because I'm sure it tells me to check the aircraft trim (which I must assume meas elevator, rudder and aileron trim). To set it back to the center, just press the MANUAL TRIM CANCEL button.

Mark

777_rudder_trim.JPG (Attachment deleted)

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD, 1x2TB SSHD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x2TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.5
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.5

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
NaMcO wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:10am:
1) Aircraft cannot taxi. There's no control over steering yet.

2) When airborne after slewing it into a runway, the aircraft banks heavily to the left.

3) Rudder inputs don't work and make the rudder shake

4) Elevator doesn't seem to be working yet. Had to trim a LOT to get the T7 airborne.

This was solved by Mark's post above. These switches are so far in the back that i didn't even notice them  Grin Grin

Okay, moving forward, there are no issues at all with the points i described, my bad.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #25 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
No! It's not "your bad" Nuno. I only noticed them just before posting, so it took me a while to see them too. I have NOT checked the ECL to see if we are listed in the check list, although common sense tells me we should always check them regardless. So to me, it was one of those silly "DOH!" moments that I suffer from too often. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Ok thanks  Wink

Right now the only problems i have are the rocking from one side to another (A/C tries to correct excessive bank to the left) and the landing gear that doesn't want to retract. I have set the trims correctly now thanks to your post, but this still happens Sad

IP Logged

LukeP

Reply #27 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Not sure what's going on, the Aircraft wont accept any trim but a full down. Also it's banking to the left once airborne when all aileron trim is as should be. Landing gear will not go up, either manually selecting it up with the Gear stick, Altn Gear or on my joystick, nothing!

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #28 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
LukeP wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:35pm:
Not sure what's going on, the Aircraft wont accept any trim but a full down. Also it's banking to the left once airborne when all aileron trim is as should be. Landing gear will not go up, either manually selecting it up with the Gear stick, Altn Gear or on my joystick, nothing!

This happened to me on my last flight. It does not do it all the time. Just every now and then. I'm trying to pinpoint the cause, but no luck yet.

The other strange thing with my last flight, was that I actually got the gear up. It ignored the 250 knot speed restriction, I was also using LNAV and VNAV and it pitched right up and went into a climb of 6000+ fpm! Eventually, it stalled, I caught it, stabilized it, turned LNAV and VNAV back on it did it all again.

Usually the gear wont retract, it can barely climb (100 or 200 fpm) and it won't go faster than about 190 knots. It flies around in circles at about 2000/3000 feet AGL and looks like a bird that doesn't know how to fly. Grin

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #29 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
LOL, part of being a test pilot!

IP Logged

Mahmoud Sheykholeslami

PilotOfPersia virtualairline

Reply #30 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
greeting every body,my name is mahmoud sheykholeslami,thank you CS for this great aircraft i purchased immediately,,i loaded clear for takeoff condition at KSEA,and checking before star checklist to get all green,but its seems,FUEL PANEL   pumps ON,xfeed closed,well i did that at Overhead,but does not working,how i can i make that green?am i miss something?

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Reply #31 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Some observations I made while doing a normal flight...

- The Plane acts very badly in turbulence. The Plane loses control of itself and the yoke movements made by the Autopilot are exaggerated to the point where you cannot climb out of the turbulence with the Autopilot. In order to combat this I had to disconnect the Autopilot.

- Has trouble slowing down during the decent in VNAV, in order to fix this I switched to FLCH mode and dialed in the descent speed manually.

&&&&

IP Logged

JusJ

Reply #32 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Issue using 777 KSEA loaded flight:

On descent switched off autothrottle for manual approach.  Adjusted thrust manually, however lost all thrust after about 3 seconds and could not recover.  Engines were still running, but at N1 6% or so.

Felt like an accidental simulation of the BA 777 crash at Heathrow....

IP Logged

maxam

Reply #33 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 7:24am
Print Post  
Trim settings are too reactive and should be scaled down a little.  One press of the trim button and the aircraft pitch changes up to 10°

Nice aircraft though, I have been looking forward to flying this heavy for a long time. Smiley

Robert CYVR

IP Logged

SiDER

Reply #34 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Good day, I'm posting this message because the famous sysmen of virtual airlines network (FSA), so, its client doesn't see the 777's landing lights. Could you please fix this bug in next version?

IP Logged

uscbloomer

Reply #35 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
I have been able to start from a somewhat "cold and dark" cockpit, and taxi out.  No control issues during taxi, but I did notice a few things regarding the flight model.

1.  During taxi out, flight controls were eratic (ailerons, elevators and rudder).  
2.  Taking the runway, elevator trim kept running full up, and would not stay where I wanted it to.  Needless to say, the takeoff was extremely difficult, but the trim seemed to eventually correct itself.
3.  FMC approach speeds (and maybe takeoff) appear to be too high.  I was landing at KJFK with minimal cargo/fuel with speeds in excess of 160 kts.  I later landed extremely heavy and had similar approach speeds.  Also, V speeds are not displayed on the PFD.
4.  Aircraft rocking (FL330, IAS 295, 20 minutes into flight)
5.  Did not get an overspeed warning until 470 kts, which seems a bit high to me.

IP Logged

Julean

Reply #36 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Ready for flying Air Canada from EKCH to KDEN.
I realised that the hydralic system for ailerons, rudder etc was swiched off. Closed walve and yellow lights.

I swiched them on and lights out. Then the rudder etc responded and I could steer the wheel. Roll Eyes

Then without autopilot and only autothrottle, I took of Wink

But then  Shocked
No flying control at all - crash Lips Sealed

A very beautiful plane. Tried from the cockpit to open the door into the cabin and brake ind.... Cheesy I could see movements in the door. But I could'nt open it. No access to the kitchen Undecided

But I crashed anyway. So I look forward to the next update... Roll Eyes

All the best

Jens
Copenhagen DK

Jens Michlas&&Frederiksberg, Copenhagen DK&&&&CS 777, CS 767, CS 757, CS 737, CS 727, CS 707, Legacy 707
IP Logged

packers101

Reply #37 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Julean wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 7:27pm:
A very beautiful plane. Tried from the cockpit to open the door into the cabin and brake ind.... Cheesy I could see movements in the door. But I could'nt open it. No access to the kitchen Undecided

They haven't modeled that yet. Look here: http://captainsim.com/products/x777/200/

Notice how it is in grey? That means they will have it in the 1.0 but they haven't done it yet.

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Jared_Maurtua

Reply #38 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 3:33am
Print Post  
No cockpit souds [Callouts, warnings, autopilot]. Also, gear does not go up and Aileron is trimmed, so it rolls to one side. I tried to re trim it but no results. Any help? I got everything else to work.

&&&&&&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #39 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 4:07am
Print Post  
C'mon guys.

This is the very early stages of the Stage II- Experimental CS777. There is still a lot of work to be done on it to get it ready for a full release (Stage III - v1.0). The key word here is Experimental!

With some of the things being mentioned in here, I think a lot of you do not understand what the Community Involvement Program is all about. Please read this: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1338665827

So  if you bought the CS777 for use as a plane that is ready for use as a VA airliner or just to fly around all over the place like a completed product, you are sadly mistaken. I admit it is what we all really want to do, but it just isn't ready for that yet.

You really need to follow the guidelines that Captain Sim have given here: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1338665523. Anything reported outside of these guidelines are a waste Captain Sim's time. And I'm betting it also takes him away from fixing problems for the next update!

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #40 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON VERSION 0.201

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #41 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
The rocking issue seems to be the same as the 757/767 for me

AP_Roll_controlstep=3000

I changed it to 1500 and the rocking went away Smiley

Dave

IP Logged

kevin777lover

Reply #42 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 12:59am
Print Post  
dbhally wrote on Jun 8th, 2012 at 11:14pm:
The rocking issue seems to be the same as the 757/767 for me

AP_Roll_controlstep=3000

I changed it to 1500 and the rocking went away Smiley

Yep when A/P is on with V and LNAV, plane is rocking.

IP Logged

John Croft

Reply #43 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
I had the flight control problem as well, however mine went a little further.  After installing the 777 I lost flight controls on ALL my Captain Sim aircraft. The 707, 727, and 767.  I was forced to uninstall each of those and re-install them and that fixed the problem on them, but it remained on the 777.   I think it's great that they put out the beta product for us to see and comment on, but non functioning flight controls is a pretty big thing IMO.

IP Logged

Dez

Reply #44 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
John Croft wrote on Jun 9th, 2012 at 2:27pm:
I had the flight control problem as well, however mine went a little further.  After installing the 777 I lost flight controls on ALL my Captain Sim aircraft. The 707, 727, and 767.  I was forced to uninstall each of those and re-install them and that fixed the problem on them, but it remained on the 777.   I think it's great that they put out the beta product for us to see and comment on, but non functioning flight controls is a pretty big thing IMO.

Jest delete the (Custom Autopilot) you don't need it.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #45 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Dez wrote on Jun 9th, 2012 at 3:43pm:
I had the flight control problem as well, however mine went a little further.  After installing the 777 I lost flight controls on ALL my Captain Sim aircraft. The 707, 727, and 767.  I was forced to uninstall each of those and re-install them and that fixed the problem on them, but it remained on the 777.   I think it's great that they put out the beta product for us to see and comment on, but non functioning flight controls is a pretty big thing IMO.

Are you sure of that?

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Dez

Reply #46 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jun 9th, 2012 at 6:05pm:
Dez wrote on Jun 9th, 2012 at 3:43pm:

Are you sure of that?

Hi There
Just flying it for a while and it seems to make no difference.  I have got other products from different developers and none of them use the custom auto pilot in their aircraft configuration.

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #47 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Upon starting the presaved 777 flight in seattle taxiing to the gate and getting everything setup, taking off with out incident set the A/P on and LNAV/VNAV I noticed the Speed tape ceased registering my speed. brought up the info line by pressing SHIFT+Z and noticed the KIAS also did not read a speed, the engines are at full power. plan then goes into a rapid left right wobble after about a minute or so speed tape resumes but i am now in a massive overspeed, but the plane adjusts by increasing V/S and slightly reducing power and recovers. still in flight and have not had any other issuse as of yet.

IP Logged

Erjy

Reply #48 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Hello,
There is a problem with version 0.201 removes the possibility of moving mode taxiway.

IP Logged

ctone

Reply #49 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
i can also confirm there is no taxi ability, 777 will not turn when the wheels touch the ground.

Asus Maximus IV Extreme P67, I7 2600k@5.0GHZ,16GB Corsair Vengance,1 EVGA GTX 580, Corsair AX1200 PSU&&Corsair Obsidian 800D Case

IP Logged

chazbo

Reply #50 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
In regards to Mark Fletcher's  instructions pertaining to the FLIGHT CONTROL HYD VALVE POWER SWITCHES. I am experiencing great difficulty switching the toggles on or off. Accessing them on the Overhead Panel, no problem with the plastic switch covers but the toggles themselves need to be made more easily clickable. As they are now it takes over 15 minutes to switch them to activate the flight controls...yoke, rudders etc. Capt. Sim please put this on the fix list for an up coming service pack, thanks!

Are you sure you are on the 0.201 at KSEA?

IP Logged

Dez

Reply #51 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
chazbo wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:16pm:
In regards to Mark Fletcher's  instructions pertaining to the FLIGHT CONTROL HYD VALVE POWER SWITCHES. I am experiencing great difficulty switching the toggles on or off. Accessing them on the Overhead Panel, no problem with the plastic switch covers but the toggles themselves need to be made more easily clickable. As they are now it takes over 15 minutes to switch them to activate the flight controls...yoke, rudders etc. Capt. Sim please put this on the fix list for an up coming service pack, thanks!

Hold down Ctrl and Enter at the same time that will make it move more close to the switching. To return, hold down Ctrl and Back space same time.

IP Logged

chazbo

Reply #52 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Thank you, that works! Smiley

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #53 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Eric.M wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 8:55am:
Upon starting the presaved 777 flight in seattle taxiing to the gate and getting everything setup, taking off with out incident set the A/P on and LNAV/VNAV I noticed the Speed tape ceased registering my speed. brought up the info line by pressing SHIFT+Z and noticed the KIAS also did not read a speed, the engines are at full power. plan then goes into a rapid left right wobble after about a minute or so speed tape resumes but i am now in a massive overspeed, but the plane adjusts by increasing V/S and slightly reducing power and recovers. still in flight and have not had any other issuse as of yet.

You need to switch on the EEC switches (L and R). They are 2 guarded switches in the right rear overhead behind the circuit breakers. Opposite the Hyd guarded switches and next to the APU Maint switch.

IP Logged

Hatem

Reply #54 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
I wish the final version is released soon.
I haven't flown the 777 successfully yet since purchased two days ago.

I face a different response in each flight.
- When creating a flight with the 777 loaded. All systems are found running and displayed properly on the EICAS , PFD , EHSI  ets, but when I take off, the landing gear does not retract.

- When reloading the flight again, the aircraft is same as above but the cockpit displays that Engines are shutdown, and no flight rout neither engine data are displayed.

- When loading the flight with a different model then loading the 777, I cannot steer the aircraft while taxing.

It seems a lot of work still needs to be done to solve such issues.

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #55 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Hatem wrote on Jun 12th, 2012 at 8:08pm:
I wish the final version is released soon.
I haven't flown the 777 successfully yet since purchased two days ago.

I face a different response in each flight.
- When creating a flight with the 777 loaded. All systems are found running and displayed properly on the EICAS , PFD , EHSI  ets, but when I take off, the landing gear does not retract.

- When reloading the flight again, the aircraft is same as above but the cockpit displays that Engines are shutdown, and no flight rout neither engine data are displayed.

- When loading the flight with a different model then loading the 777, I cannot steer the aircraft while taxing.

It seems a lot of work still needs to be done to solve such issues.

Are you using the 777-200 Cleared For Takeoff default flight or creating your own from the free flight menu?

IP Logged

Hatem

Reply #56 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:24am
Print Post  
I am creating my own flight.

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #57 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Hatem wrote on Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:24am:
I am creating my own flight.

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1338665523

#1  Wink

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #58 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 1:45am
Print Post  
I know it goes against CS instructions, but I find the best way to fly the 777 is after loading a flight (Doesn't matter where) Reload the aircraft. You still have to turn on the rear overhead hydraulic and EEC switches, as well as the display issues everyone else is having, but I am 100% successful in getting the 777 in the air with full flight controls  and working landing gear. Otherwise it's 50/50. Doing this I've flown short 2 hour flights as well as 6 hour flights, I even flew a Newark- Hong Kong 15hr trip nonstop real time in  LNAV/VNAV, with no problem. Ver 0.3 is available now, and it says the default EEC switch position is fixed, but no mention about the Hyd switches. So we may still need to make sure those are set.

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #59 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 2:39am
Print Post  
tf51d wrote on Jun 16th, 2012 at 1:45am:
Ver 0.3 is available now, and it says the default EEC switch position is fixed, but no mention about the Hyd switches. 

I still had to switch on the Hyd switches. Strangely, when I loaded the aircraft the yoke was turning as far as it could (I can't remember the particular direction) and wouldn't budge with me moving my yoke joystick, but it did work once I got the hydraulic switches on.

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #60 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 6:39am
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.3

IP Logged

John Croft

Reply #61 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Just installed Version 0.3 and I have lost flight controls completely at this point.  Before they would initially move then return to neutral and flutter.  Now they do not move at all.  This is after loading the cleared for t/o flight in KSEA and turning everything on as noted in the first post of this thread.  In the external view the rudder is locked hard left and both yokes show full left deflection.  Any ideas?

IP Logged

Dez

Reply #62 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
John Croft wrote on Jun 19th, 2012 at 1:23pm:
Just installed Version 0.3 and I have lost flight controls completely at this point.  Before they would initially move then return to neutral and flutter.  Now they do not move at all.  This is after loading the cleared for t/o flight in KSEA and turning everything on as noted in the first post of this thread.  In the external view the rudder is locked hard left and both yokes show full left deflection.  Any ideas?

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1338411815/45#45

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #63 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Don't know if this helps or not,but I did not have initially the improvements of the latest update.I uninstalled all previous versions.By the way hope you kept all of those.I then installed all the versions one after the other.
Now when I start the KSEA default flight,I have everything running,i.e. hydraulic switches are on, engines are running,and the route to KSFO is displayed.I just have to adjust the trim to 4.0,and off I go.I hated having to set those hydraulics,so this is an improvement. Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ron

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #64 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON VERSION 0.4

IP Logged

cantland

Reply #65 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 5:19am
Print Post  
Just did a flight from KBUF to UUDD after starting in KSEA. Flight model seemed stable with no rocking of the wings. Turns were completed without any undue wandering off course. The spoilers didn't seem to have much effect at all during decent.  Landed at UUDD without a problem but there was no real flair on landing. There was no indication in the displays that the localizer was captured or that autoland had engaged. The plane did land a little to the right of center but remained on the runway.

IP Logged

hrhett

Reply #66 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 3:33am
Print Post  
Yoke and ground steering (rudder) still locked  in version 0.4 but flipping the aforementioned switches remedies the problem.

Howard

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #67 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
turn on the Maintenance HYD SWITCHES on the AFT OVERHEAD.

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #68 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
cantland wrote on Jun 23rd, 2012 at 5:19am:
Just did a flight from KBUF to UUDD after starting in KSEA. Flight model seemed stable with no rocking of the wings. Turns were completed without any undue wandering off course. The spoilers didn't seem to have much effect at all during decent.  Landed at UUDD without a problem but there was no real flair on landing. There was no indication in the displays that the localizer was captured or that autoland had engaged. The plane did land a little to the right of center but remained on the runway.

I agree about the spoilers. They seem to be a lot weaker in slowing the CS 777  than on other planes. The autopilot does a great job of following the course even on sharp turns and intersecting the course at greater than 90 degrees. The autothrottles still need some work. They need to do more predicting and less hunting. The flare in the autoland is not yet implemented. The AP will fly the plane to the ground but touchdown will be around 750 fpm which is triple what it should be. Anyway, it is good enough to complete some long missions until the next update.

Ben

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #69 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.5

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #70 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Not sure if this should go under here or Misc., but anyway, I noticed that the fuel economy seems to be rather low. I was preparing a flight and noticed that with 100% in the Right and Left tanks and 50% in the Center tank, I would run out of fuel on my approximately 4500nm flight--and that's with absolutely no passengers. The 777-200ER's range is around 7500nm, so I think I should have had enough fuel--at least my fuel calculator said so. Also, with 100% in all tanks, I would only have 60,000lbs of fuel left, which could easily be used up if I were carrying passengers. And keep in mind that I made this post in the middle of entering data into the FMC, and I haven't added the enroute legs yet, only the SID and STAR, so the route isn't even at its full length yet.

I'd really like to see this fixed so we can do some actual long-haul routes without worrying about fuel.  Smiley

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #71 - Jul 6th, 2012 at 5:07am
Print Post  
boeing247 wrote on Jul 5th, 2012 at 6:11pm:
Not sure if this should go under here or Misc., but anyway, I noticed that the fuel economy seems to be rather low. I was preparing a flight and noticed that with 100% in the Right and Left tanks and 50% in the Center tank, I would run out of fuel on my approximately 4500nm flight--and that's with absolutely no passengers. The 777-200ER's range is around 7500nm, so I think I should have had enough fuel--at least my fuel calculator said so. Also, with 100% in all tanks, I would only have 60,000lbs of fuel left, which could easily be used up if I were carrying passengers. And keep in mind that I made this post in the middle of entering data into the FMC, and I haven't added the enroute legs yet, only the SID and STAR, so the route isn't even at its full length yet.

I'd really like to see this fixed so we can do some actual long-haul routes without worrying about fuel.  Smiley

I don't know why you can't make that distance. An image of the CDU (below) showing a flight from YMML to KLAX (6901nm) showing that I will have 76.4  thousand pounds of fuel remaining when I get there. In truth, it probably be a little bit less, but that depends on the winds I will encounter enroute.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

B737NGX

Reply #72 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Hello I am using saitek rudder all aircraft work completly with saitek rudder but on cs777 when I press on the left brake ..cs777 it brake both left and right.
and the right brake on saitek rudder ..cs777 wouldnt brake.
sorry for my bad english.  Wink

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #73 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 6th, 2012 at 5:07am:
boeing247 wrote on Jul 5th, 2012 at 6:11pm:

I'd really like to see this fixed so we can do some actual long-haul routes without worrying about fuel.  Smiley

I don't know why you can't make that distance. An image of the CDU (below) showing a flight from YMML to KLAX (6901nm) showing that I will have 76.4  thousand pounds of fuel remaining when I get there. In truth, it probably be a little bit less, but that depends on the winds I will encounter enroute.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv58/Markoz958/772_YMML-KLAX.jpg

I based the route off of a real flight I found on FlightAware, and I copied the waypoints almost exactly.

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #74 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.6

IP Logged

MattJETPILOT

Reply #75 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
OK Problems that still need attending to. One the gear still does not work (it stays down and does not come up when commanded). Two the RAT is deployed and it can not be retracted. Update 0.6 hasn't made many changes. Though it is good to see changes to the drop in the elevators from hydraulics and other things such as the APU door.

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #76 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 8:41am
Print Post  
MattJETPILOT wrote on Jul 17th, 2012 at 12:51pm:
OK Problems that still need attending to. One the gear still does not work (it stays down and does not come up when commanded). Two the RAT is deployed and it can not be retracted. Update 0.6 hasn't made many changes. Though it is good to see changes to the drop in the elevators from hydraulics and other things such as the APU door.

Remember that the 6 guarded switches for hydraulics must be turned on. They are behind the captain's seat. Even though the guards may be closed, it does not mean that the switches inside them are flipped to on. That fixed my landing gear problem  Smiley

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #77 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 9:36am
Print Post  
pride545 wrote on Jul 26th, 2012 at 9:26am:
Wang wrote on Jul 26th, 2012 at 8:20am:

If you have something to say....spit it out, Budro!!! Stop being a child with these kinda posts!

I was just ignoring them.

Tanya will enjoy the task of deleting them. NOT! Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

JesseCasserly757

Reply #78 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Is idle reverse going to be simulated? What I mean is when you press F2 once, the thrust revesers will open all the way, not just a fraction.

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #79 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
JesseCasserly757 wrote on Jul 26th, 2012 at 12:25pm:
Is idle reverse going to be simulated? What I mean is when you press F2 once, the thrust revesers will open all the way, not just a fraction.

Hold F2 and it should open all the way

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #80 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.7

IP Logged

mkma

Reply #81 - Aug 13th, 2012 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
In this pics I'm in cruise level, but the airplane is not levelled

level.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #82 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 2:36am
Print Post  
mkma wrote on Aug 13th, 2012 at 1:35pm:

Typically airliners at cruise level are not truly level, but I agree that angle does look steep. Usually it's 2 to 3 degrees AOA at most.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #83 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Are you sure you are not too high for the weight? I try to fly at the OPT (optimum) Altitude, as shown on the VNAV page 2 (the cruise page).

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

mkma

Reply #84 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Yes, I was at OPT FL, I try to close the frwd pumps for left and right tank for balanced it but nothing, remain an upper pitch  Huh

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #85 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 11:03am
Print Post  
I do not think that using the aft fuel pumps and not the forward fuel pumps will make any difference, there are only three fuel tanks to feed the engines. Fwd and Aft pumps will still only drain the same tanks. I'm sure it will be better once they they do the realistic flight model. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

mkma

Reply #86 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Aug 14th, 2012 at 11:03am:
I'm sure it will be better once they they do the realistic flight model. Wink

yes, I'm sure and I like this plane  Wink

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #87 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 9:49pm
Print Post  

What was your speed? I have noticed that if I cruise slowly the pitch increases.

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #89 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:54am
Print Post  
mkma wrote on Aug 15th, 2012 at 9:23am:
I was 315/310 kts

Wow... I guess it is an issue then  Sad

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #90 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
mkma wrote on Aug 14th, 2012 at 12:25pm:
[quote author=Markoz link=1338411815/75#85 date=1344942213] I'm sure it will be better once they they do the realistic flight model. Wink

I sure hope they get the flight model sorted. I just spent ages trying to intercept the localiser at KSFO, both with and without A/P, without success. There are no indications of the localiser/glideslope on the PFD, making it hard to tell how to intercept it.

The aircraft is also extremely sensitive to changes of elevator trim, which cause unpredictable pitching. And there is no gradual roll out of a turn when the yoke is centralised. Makes hand-flying almost impossible. Sad

Come on, Captain Sim, it's time this bird was at least controllable. Roll Eyes

Mark

Regards, Mark&&(Ex-Flt Lt 505783)&&&&&&&&System:-&&CPU:  AMD Phenom 9650 Dual-Core 2.30 Ghz&&RAM:  4 GB&&OS:  Windows 7 Pro 32-bit&&Graphics: ATi Radeon HD 5800&&

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #91 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
marknixon wrote on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 8:54pm:
I sure hope they get the flight model sorted. I just spent ages trying to intercept the localiser at KSFO, both with and without A/P, without success. There are no indications of the localiser/glideslope on the PFD, making it hard to tell how to intercept it.

The aircraft is also extremely sensitive to changes of elevator trim, which cause unpredictable pitching. And there is no gradual roll out of a turn when the yoke is centralised. Makes hand-flying almost impossible. Sad

Mark

Do you think that some of this could be an issue with your joystick/controller? I have the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, Throttles, and Rudders and I can control the aircraft rather easily. You may want to check your FSX controller settings and check sensativity.

I could be wrong however, which is highly likely  Wink and in that case I'm not sure what to do  Tongue

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #92 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
[quote author=Markoz link=1338411815/75#85 date=1344942213] I'm sure it will be better once they they do the realistic flight model. Wink

Mark

Normally the realistic flight model will show up at the very end of the testing period. It is hard to test that until all the other systems are functional. Plus now they will be working on the LR flight model as well.

However, I have done several manual landings without problems, so this might be an issue of a particular flight controller. My Saitek X52 rudder seems to need calibration regularly or else the 777 wants to dart off the side of the runway.

The 777 flies ILS approaches very well on A/P. Since you can't see it on the PFD or ND in .7, you must use the A/P. In fact it will engage the ILS from some very awkward angles including descending into the glideslope from above--something many planes won't do. However, one of the systems that sometimes does not initialize properly is the ILS. If that happens then you can fly around all day at the FAF with APP engaged and nothing will happen. Best to restart the flight and try one of the ILS approaches nearby, like at KSEA. Also, I assume you are double-checking the frequency on the NAV RAD to make sure it matches with FSX. ILS frequencies can change in real life (although rare) which will be reflected in the 777's FMC, but you must use whatever frequency FSX is using.

Ben

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #93 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 1:07am
Print Post  
packers101 wrote on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 10:54pm:

Mark

Do you think that some of this could be an issue with your joystick/controller? I have the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, Throttles, and Rudders and I can control the aircraft rather easily. You may want to check your FSX controller settings and check sensitivity.

I could be wrong however, which is highly likely  Wink and in that case I'm not sure what to do  Tongue

I have the Saitek rudders coupled with the CH Yoke and, as you say,
checking the settings may need to be done  - yet again!

I have been using FSUIPC to set my controls and seem to have no problems recently flying other aircraft. That's why I have blamed the CS 777.

Mark

Regards, Mark&&(Ex-Flt Lt 505783)&&&&&&&&System:-&&CPU:  AMD Phenom 9650 Dual-Core 2.30 Ghz&&RAM:  4 GB&&OS:  Windows 7 Pro 32-bit&&Graphics: ATi Radeon HD 5800&&

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #94 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 1:23am
Print Post  
Saratoga wrote on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 11:08pm:

Mark

Normally the realistic flight model will show up at the very end of the testing period. It is hard to test that until all the other systems are functional. Plus now they will be working on the LR flight model as well.

However, I have done several manual landings without problems, so this might be an issue of a particular flight controller. My Saitek X52 rudder seems to need calibration regularly or else the 777 wants to dart off the side of the runway.

The 777 flies ILS approaches very well on A/P. Since you can't see it on the PFD or ND in .7, you must use the A/P. In fact it will engage the ILS from some very awkward angles including descending into the glideslope from above--something many planes won't do. However, one of the systems that sometimes does not initialize properly is the ILS. If that happens then you can fly around all day at the FAF with APP engaged and nothing will happen. Best to restart the flight and try one of the ILS approaches nearby, like at KSEA. Also, I assume you are double-checking the frequency on the NAV RAD to make sure it matches with FSX. ILS frequencies can change in real life (although rare) which will be reflected in the 777's FMC, but you must use whatever frequency FSX is using.

Ben

I have managed ILS landings with versions previous to 0.7, so was surprised when I had trouble today.

By the way, is there an actual NAV radio on the CS 777? I have added the excellent GNS530 by RealityXP so that I can have a better map view and also be able to set the NAV radios. So I am sure that I have chosen the appropriate freq for the ILS.

My recent flight to KSFO went well until nearing the last of the STAR fixes, when the FMC told me I had arrived at KSFO and the Legs pages went blank. This was when I tried to get an IFR routing from ATC so I could intercept the localiser. Not a good idea. Sad

Mark

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #95 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Mark,

Look at a button on your FMC called NAV RAD. That will allow you to enter your VORs, ADFs and ILS. You can use freq or identifier for input.

Ben

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #96 - Sep 7th, 2012 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.8

IP Logged

pup

Reply #97 - Sep 21st, 2012 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Finally installed 0.8 and actually able to fly except the autopilot (VNAV) overshot the target CRZ ALT and on descent, the VNAV oscillated +/- 500 FPM about every 10-15 seconds so was unable to keep a constant descent rate.

Good job though, nearly there now just need to get the PFD and ND done.

Regards,&&&&Alan.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #98 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.9

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Reply #99 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
I am not sure if realworld 777 pilots are assisting with the testing of this aircraft but I would strongly suggest you get someone with a B777 rating involved with this project as the handing of the aircrafts seems a bit odd. While the engines are powerful, the aircraft doesn't "feel" heavy at all and this is noticed especially on takeoff.

Also, as with the 727 and maybe 1 or 2 other aircraft, the trim is way too sensitive.

Thus far I think you guys need to focus on how this aircraft flies because this may be the only area apart from the indepth systems, that the competition may have an edge on you.  Visually, Captainsim is untouchable. Wink

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #100 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Maybe the Realistic flight model will make it feel more real once we get it. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #101 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 5:43am
Print Post  
it feels more like flying a 737 with overpowered engines to me  Grin

IP Logged

marius scheepers

Reply #102 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 10:51am
Print Post  
I agree, bought the T7 on monday and test flown it yesterday, a few things that i pcked up ad i know was mentioned in various areas is the engines, starting the engines it just jumped to life no slow starting whining, wham bang!! taking off was like taking off on the FSX Microlight, i tried to program the FMC before flight, was really difficult (i have been flying the other 747X for a very long time), i have an very good understanding of the Boeing FMC system, but couldnt get the IRS initialised properly, loading the route (Johannesburg to Cape Town) into the fmc wasnt bad.

Must say i love the exterior and interior moddeling, and certainly cant wait for all the small bugs to be sorted, as this will most certainly become my favourite favourite!

IP Logged

Libretto

Reply #103 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Already said, but to be sure :

It really flies nicely, but it needs to be made more "heavy"
Me too, I can climb at 2800 ft/min.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #104 - Jan 23rd, 2013 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.0

IP Logged

lucatrader

Reply #105 - Jan 23rd, 2013 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
ctone wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:44pm:
i can also confirm there is no taxi ability, 777 will not turn when the wheels touch the ground.

it's happening on the 1.0 version too

[url=http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?virboard=wxrb;num=1298995955]

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #106 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 4:20am
Print Post  
lucatrader wrote on Jan 23rd, 2013 at 11:31pm:

I have not seen problems with taxiing for several versions. Are you sure your systems are initializing properly? Load your flight with a default aircraft first, then load the CS777.

Ben

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #107 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 4:22am
Print Post  
Saratoga wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 4:20am:
lucatrader wrote on Jan 23rd, 2013 at 11:31pm:

I have not seen problems with taxiing for several versions. Are you sure your systems are initializing properly? Load your flight with a default aircraft first, then load the CS777.

Ben

Same as you Ben. No taxiing problems at all with mine.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #108 - Jan 25th, 2013 at 1:10am
Print Post  
I can taxi but I've noticed that it becomes a lot more difficult to taxi (I'm guessing because of the realistic flight model) but I'm not sure if it should be this difficult. A friend of mine flies the 777 for a major US airline and has told me that it is actually relatively easy to taxi

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #109 - Jan 25th, 2013 at 1:52am
Print Post  
If it's near MTOW, it takes quite a bit of power to get it moving, but once it IS moving, it doesn't take much power to keep it moving.
I think it's quite easy to taxi, so I don't know why it isn't for others.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #110 - Jan 25th, 2013 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jan 25th, 2013 at 1:52am:
If it's near MTOW, it takes quite a bit of power to get it moving, but once it IS moving, it doesn't take much power to keep it moving.

For me it is not the power issue, its the steering. It is very difficult to get it to turn when and where I want it to. I'm sure I'll get used to it  Wink

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #111 - Jan 25th, 2013 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Hey Mark,
I'm only 4% in what is going to be a 6 hour download and really shouldn't be wasting bandwidth writing this BUT:-

Have your RAT problems been covered and I don't see where the Logo - Panel light problem was addressed!?

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #112 - Jan 25th, 2013 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Hi Bruce.

The RAT deploying is no longer a problem. Yay! And the lights work fine. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #113 - Jan 26th, 2013 at 2:59am
Print Post  
The Master Brightness Switch is now operating the night panel scheme but it appears to be directly coupled to the LOGO lights. They are not being triggered by the LOGO switch so, in my setup, it looks like the problem has been reversed.

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #114 - Jan 29th, 2013 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
packers101 wrote on Jan 25th, 2013 at 1:56am:
Markoz wrote on Jan 25th, 2013 at 1:52am:

For me it is not the power issue, its the steering. It is very difficult to get it to turn when and where I want it to. I'm sure I'll get used to it  Wink

Sounds like a hydraulic issue. Did you switch on the 6 hydraulic switches on the upper right overhead? Also the maintenance switches on the left upper overhead has to be turned off as well! It appears by default the 777 loads in maintenance mode!!

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #115 - Jan 29th, 2013 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Yes I have had the hydralic switches on. It might just be my set up

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Mike777

Reply #116 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Hi, everyone,

Drag seems to me to be too little at low altitudes.  I think that with full flaps or flaps 25 and gear down, the aircraft should slow easily from @ 170 to final approach speed (@ 130 depending on weight) from 5 miles out.  Also, at moderate descent speeds (for example 1500 ft/min with partial flaps, 15 for example, the aircraft accelerates.  This is with full passenger load but light fuel (30K lbs or so).

Flaps speed warning on PFD appears too low - for example PFD shows aircraft overspeeding at 235KN with flaps 5.  The flaps placard shows 245 for flaps 5.

Thanks,
Mike

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #117 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Bug
Spoilers are ineffective
Ben

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #118 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Please note:

1. If you have any comments on the flight model in terms of how it feels, controlled etc please indicate your TT as the type rated pilot and your airline(s). With all due respect we do not consider flight model reports from flightsimmers.

2. Using aircraft.cfg you can adjust the flight model as you like.

3. To ensure accuracy of proposed data, all numbers (EGT, FF, V, N% etc), procedures or systems related reports must be supported by reference quotes (scan or a table) from a real flight manual even if you are the type rated pilot/engineer. Also please provide airline name and manual year you are referring to (i.e. Continental, 2006)

An exact quote from a Flight or Technical Manual is the only approved source of information. We consider proved bug reports only.

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #119 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 2:00am
Print Post  
Qatar Airways Flight Crew Training Manual
http://www.scribd.com/doc/55989739/B777-FCTM-Flight-Crew-Training-Manual
Page 4.18

Idle descent from 20,000 in fpm
310knots 2200 clean 5300 spoilers (140% increase)
250knots 1400 clean 3300 spoilers (136% increase)
Vref30+80knots 1000 clean 2300 spoilers (130% increase)

Note: At 490,000GW Vref30 is about 143 knots +80 = 223 knots
In CS777 I could achieve the clean fpm at Vref30+40 = 183 knots. However, my interest is the difference between clean and with spoilers.

Actual test of CS777-200LR
Start 20,000, 490,000GW, Fair Weather, measured fpm at 15,000
310knots 2220 clean 3400 spoilers (53% increase)
250knots 1460 clean 2200 spoilers (51% increase)
223 knots 1250 clean 1820 spoilers (46% increase)
183 knots 1050 clean 1440 spoilers (37% increase)

Observations:

The CS777 flight model is very accurate at 310 and 250 knot descents in a clean configuration. The Vref30+80 number could simply be a "minimal" descent rate and the CS777 does achieve this rate at Vref30+40 (183 knots). On the other hand, it might be good to review the drag at airspeeds below 250 knots.

The CS777 spoilers consistently do not create enough drag. Based on these tests, the drag created by spoilers should be increased by 157% to match the real world 777.

I am not a 777 pilot, although I do have a PPL and an A&P. However, engineers design planes, not pilots or mechanics. 777s are well-designed aircraft which fly according to the data in the manuals. A 777 pilot can determine if the sim "feels right." But the plane must perform according to the numbers.

I stand by the point I have made several times since .2 that the CS777 spoilers are ineffective in sufficiently slowing the aircraft.

Ben

IP Logged

Libretto

Reply #120 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 9:10am
Print Post  
This morning I was looking into the aircraft.cfg file to see what flaps entries there where.

Before going into this let me point out that the aircraft.cfg file "fine tunes" the values of the FDE ( the airfaile ).

It multiplies the FDE values.
Eg 1 in the aircraft.cfg file means  100% of that same value in the FDE.
Changing 1 to 2 in the cfg file means 2x 100% = 200% of the value in the FDE.
Therefore the values of the FDE normally should never be modified to more than +/-  0.3.

Back to the aircraft.cfg file.

To make it a bit easier to understand :

Flaps 0 = Inboard traling Edge Flaps
Flaps 1 = Outboard Traling Edge Flaps
Flaps 2= Inboard Traling Edge Slats

Type 1 = Tail
Type 2 = Lead

[flaps.0]      
type             = 1                                    
span-outboard    = 0.8                                  
extending-time   = 40                                  
flaps-position.0 = 0                                    
flaps-position.1 = 0                                    
flaps-position.2 = 5                                    
flaps-position.3 = 15                                  
flaps-position.4 = 20                                  
flaps-position.5 = 25                                  
flaps-position.6 = 30                                  
damaging-speed   = 250                                  
blowout-speed    = 300                                  
lift_scalar = 1.0
drag_scalar = 1.0
pitch_scalar= 1.0
system_type = 1                                        

[flaps.1]      
type             = 2                                    
span-outboard    = 0.8                                  
extending-time   = 14                                    
flaps-position.0 = 0                                    
flaps-position.1 = 0.5                                  
flaps-position.5 = 1.0                                  
damaging-speed   = 250                                  
blowout-speed    = 300                                  
lift_scalar = 0.1
drag_scalar = 1.0
pitch_scalar= 0.1
system_type = 1                                        

[flaps.2]      
type             = 2                                    
span-outboard    = 0.8                                  
extending-time   = 14                                    
flaps-position.0 = 0                                    
flaps-position.1 = 0.5                                  
flaps-position.5 = 1.0                                  
damaging-speed   = 250                                  
blowout-speed    = 300                                  
lift_scalar = 0.1
drag_scalar = 1.0
pitch_scalar= 0.1
system_type = 1  

Extending flaps forces a change in the equilibrium among the four forces acting on the airplane (lift, drag, thrust, gravity).
This change increases lift but also increases drag, which causes altitude to increase and air speed to diminish.
Different degrees of flap extension may produce different ratios of drag to lift.
Full extension usually adds more drag than lift, whereas a slight extension may produce more lift with only the unavoidable increase in drag and no more.

Changing the flap pitch_scalar parameter increases/decreases the aircraft's pitch reaction to flap, although the final trimmed attitude remains unchanged

To reduce or induce the drag the lift_scalar and drag_scalar are of importance.

When increasing the flap lift_scalar the lift coefficent reduces the AOA needed for a given weight/airspeed.

Drag_scaler: the percentage of total drag due to flap deflection that this flap set is responsible for at full deflection.

Imho the best place to start with are drag_scalar and lift_scalar.

If Ben's values are correct , than the drag_scalar need to be modfied from 1.0 to almost 3.0....

I suggest to start with 1.5 and go up in 0.5 steps till it "feels" better an then in steps of 0.1 up or down to fine tune.

Also keep checking the lift of the aircraft.
Perhaps that ( lift_scalar ) needs to be modified to if the drag is being modifed.

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Far too good acceleration
Reply #121 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Hi All!

Did you also notice that the aircraft has far too good acceleration on ground, during take off. It reaches V1, Rotate and V2 very early, it has much better acceleration than a Cessna. Isn't that unrealistic. It feels that the aircraft has at lest 8 engines....

Peter

IP Logged

Libretto

Re: Far too good acceleration
Reply #122 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Lt.Peter wrote on Feb 2nd, 2013 at 6:34pm:
Hi All!

Did you also notice that the aircraft has far too good acceleration on ground, during take off. It reaches V1, Rotate and V2 very early, it has much better acceleration than a Cessna. Isn't that unrealistic. It feels that the aircraft has at lest 8 engines....

Peter

Do you have enough fuel ?

If so this can be solved very easily in the aircraft.cfg file.

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #123 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
What do you mean by enough fuel? I fly within Europe with an average of 34.000 fuel on board and with a take off weight of 386.000lbs. Still the aircraft has unrealistic good acceleration. I can take off even on the extreamly short runways...

Peter

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #124 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 6:33am
Print Post  
The GE90-115B engines have 115,000lbs of thrust each, making around 230,000lbs of thrust altogether during takeoff. Compare that to a 747-400's GE CF6-80C2 with 63,500lbs of thrust each, making around 254,000lbs of thrust altogether during takeoff. 777's are considerably lighter than 747's so that might explain the short takeoffs. You could always de-rate the engines.

IP Logged

Libretto

Reply #125 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 8:45am
Print Post  
LOLcakes wrote on Feb 3rd, 2013 at 6:33am:
The GE90-115B engines have 115,000lbs of thrust each, making around 230,000lbs of thrust altogether during takeoff. Compare that to a 747-400's GE CF6-80C2 with 63,500lbs of thrust each, making around 254,000lbs of thrust altogether during takeoff. 777's are considerably lighter than 747's so that might explain the short takeoffs. You could always de-rate the engines.

This is correct.

If your opinion is that the aircraft "feels"to light you can fine tune this also in the aircraft.cfg file by reducing one or more of these values :

[flight_tuning]
elevator_effectiveness=1.0
aileron_effectiveness=1.0
rudder_effectiveness=1.0

The aircraft will repond lesss effective and also much slower to lower values.

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #126 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Saratoga wrote on Feb 2nd, 2013 at 2:00am:
Qatar Airways Flight Crew Training Manual
http://www.scribd.com/doc/55989739/B777-FCTM-Flight-Crew-Training-Manual
Page 4.18

Idle descent from 20,000 in fpm
310knots 2200 clean 5300 spoilers (140% increase)
250knots 1400 clean 3300 spoilers (136% increase)
Vref30+80knots 1000 clean 2300 spoilers (130% increase)

Note: At 490,000GW Vref30 is about 143 knots +80 = 223 knots
In CS777 I could achieve the clean fpm at Vref30+40 = 183 knots. However, my interest is the difference between clean and with spoilers.

Actual test of CS777-200LR
Start 20,000, 490,000GW, Fair Weather, measured fpm at 15,000
310knots 2220 clean 3400 spoilers (53% increase)
250knots 1460 clean 2200 spoilers (51% increase)
223 knots 1250 clean 1820 spoilers (46% increase)
183 knots 1050 clean 1440 spoilers (37% increase)

Observations:

The CS777 flight model is very accurate at 310 and 250 knot descents in a clean configuration. The Vref30+80 number could simply be a "minimal" descent rate and the CS777 does achieve this rate at Vref30+40 (183 knots). On the other hand, it might be good to review the drag at airspeeds below 250 knots.

The CS777 spoilers consistently do not create enough drag. Based on these tests, the drag created by spoilers should be increased by 157% to match the real world 777.

I am not a 777 pilot, although I do have a PPL and an A&P. However, engineers design planes, not pilots or mechanics. 777s are well-designed aircraft which fly according to the data in the manuals. A 777 pilot can determine if the sim "feels right." But the plane must perform according to the numbers.

I stand by the point I have made several times since .2 that the CS777 spoilers are ineffective in sufficiently slowing the aircraft.

Ben

Some further testing of the CS777 spoilers.

Note: The effectiveness of the spoilers is set in the .air file, not in aircraft.cfg. Three parameters in the 1101 section of the .air file involve the spoilers. I used aired.exe by William Roth and definitions by the late Ron Freimuth.

Drag Coefficient - Spoiler
  Spoilers are often called speed brakes because their greatest effect is to increase drag. In the end, this was the only value I changed.

Lift - Spoilers
  Spoilers cause a small reduction in the lift which the wing produces. Making this number too large is not realistic. This figure is difficult to determine precisely so I left it at the CS value of -.09. Normally this number is larger but it is smaller on some jets. This parameter is not nearly as critical as drag.

Pitch Moment - Spoilers
  This models any change in pitch (lift vector) caused by activating the spoilers. I did not change this, and it does not affect the descent rate. It is related to the deck angle during descent. This would need to be determined by either 777 test flight data or a 777 pilot.

The drag coefficient was 20 in CS777 and I increased it to 60 in order to get the published descent rate with spoilers. This number is 100+ in some jets so 60 is quite normal. 20 is simply too small.

Testing new setting in .air file with CS777-200LR in idle descent with full spoilers, zero flaps, gear up and 490,000GW (~MLW). Measured in fpm at altitude of 15,000. FCTM is the Qatar Flight Crew Training Manual numbers. CS777+ is the CS777 with the spoiler drag set to 60.
310knots 5300FCTM 5330CS777+
250knots 3300FCTM 3300CS777+
223knots 2300FCTM? 2630CS777+ (Vref30+80)
183knots 2300FCTM? 1950CS777+ (Vref30+40)

With this single change, the CS777 spoilers match the effectiveness of the spoilers in the real 777. Note that spoilers are normally not fully deployed. They are used just enough to get the desired speed or descent rate and the pilot is advised to keep his hand on the speed brake lever while they are deployed so he does not forget.

Ben

PS I would attach my air file but do not see a way to upload it to the forum.

IP Logged

Libretto

Reply #127 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
If you want you can sent it to me and I will put it on my homepage with a DL link in this topic.

Email : pctuning(at)ziggo.nl

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #128 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Libretto wrote on Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:40pm:
If you want you can sent it to me and I will put it on my homepage with a DL link in this topic.

Email : pctuning(at)ziggo.nl

Sent by email.

Ben

IP Logged

Chigley

Reply #129 - Feb 9th, 2013 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Note: The effectiveness of the spoilers is set in the .air file, not in aircraft.cfg.

Ben, what is the path to this .air file please?

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #130 - Feb 10th, 2013 at 1:25am
Print Post  
Chigley wrote on Feb 9th, 2013 at 9:18pm:
Quote:
Note: The effectiveness of the spoilers is set in the .air file, not in aircraft.cfg.

The air file is found in the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200LR folder.

I know you asked Ben, but he hadn't replied to your question yet. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Chigley

Reply #131 - Feb 10th, 2013 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Hi Mark,
The only folders I have in the CS_B777-200LR folder are:
EFB
model
model.200LR_GE
panel
sound
texture
texture.aircan
texture.delta
texture.emirates
aircraft
Checking through each folder I cannot see a .air file

I've done a csx773_1000 repair. Any suggestions?

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #132 - Feb 10th, 2013 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Chigley. It is NOT a folder, it is a file. It is named csx772_LR.air

My .AIR files have been associated with some other program, and so you can't see the .air extension because the Hide extensions for known file types option is turned on by default in Alt > Tools > Options > View tab settings.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Chigley

Reply #133 - Feb 10th, 2013 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Thanks Mark, that's what foxed me as I couldn't see the .air extension.
Cheers

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #134 - Feb 11th, 2013 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 10th, 2013 at 1:25am:
Chigley wrote on Feb 9th, 2013 at 9:18pm:
Quote:

The air file is found in the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200LR folder.

I know you asked Ben, but he hadn't replied to your question yet. Wink

Thanks, Mark, for explaining where the .air file is located. I'm flying home from a ski trip in Utah and have not been able to get online for a few days. Thanks also to Libretto for posting the file on his site. The link is in the 777 Version 1.0 directory on this forum. Look for "updated airfile." Remember to back up your original .air file first. Also, when CS updates the 200LR this file will be overwritten. My updated file has only one single change in it from the original.

Please test the spoilers with this .air file and let me know if it needs more tweaking. For me it is now right on the numbers from the manual. But maybe someone has better numbers than I have.

Ben

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #135 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.1

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Reply #136 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Anything other than the -300ER seems to rock back and forth violently while flying. Everything is functional but the plane just rocks making it really hard to stay on course. Disabling the autopilot jams the control column full left and to combat this I have to wiggle my yoke left and right until I have control again or reengage the autopilot. This the starts up again after a few minutes.

&&&&

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #137 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
paul_smith_gw wrote on Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:02pm:
Anything other than the -300ER seems to rock back and forth violently while flying. Everything is functional but the plane just rocks making it really hard to stay on course. Disabling the autopilot jams the control column full left and to combat this I have to wiggle my yoke left and right until I have control again or reengage the autopilot. This the starts up again after a few minutes.

Have you tried to re-install?

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

kevinh

Reply #138 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
I'm not seeing any rocking with version 1.1.  The only problem I have is badly decreased frame rates.  I can get around this by selecting low res VC in FSX options but this is hardly ideal.

IP Logged

Joao Alfredo

Reply #139 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
I'm finding two problems in version 1.1:
1 - In flight stabilized, AP = ON the plane suddenly swings left to right.
2 - After takeoff, while reducing the acceleration, a 80% N1 example, the response is slow, the aircraft continues to increase speed, even though with VS, often above 2000.
I hope you understand what I'm saying, I use a translator and sometimes things get complicated.
I use 777 base pack only.
Thank you.

Joćo Alfredo

FX8350 4.0/4.2GHZ, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, 24 GB RAM, XFX R9-280 3GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M

IP Logged

Shabo

Reply #140 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Joao Alfredo wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:53pm:
I'm finding two problems in version 1.1:
1 - In flight stabilized, AP = ON the plane suddenly swings left to right.
2 - After takeoff, while reducing the acceleration, a 80% N1 example, the response is slow, the aircraft continues to increase speed, even though with VS, often above 2000.
I hope you understand what I'm saying, I use a translator and sometimes things get complicated.
I use 777 base pack only.
Thank you.

Joćo Alfredo

I a having the exact same issues since updating to 1.1  Violent rocking left and right every 10-15 minutes...... and yes this was on a clean install.  Hope they fix it, its almost unflyable, certainly cant walk away for any period of time.

Let me also add that it does it when the AP is in LNAV, and heading hold.  Im doing the CTP event as we speak, halfway across the atlantic, running total of how many times the horizontal ossalations have occured so far...... 32 TIMES!!!!!  

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #141 - Mar 24th, 2013 at 12:17am
Print Post  
I'm sorry you are having that problem. It doesn't happen to me. Undecided

I did have one short flight (~400nm) where there was a slight rocking motion going on, but it never became excessive and uncontrollable. I can't remember if that was on v1.0, v1.0 and the VNAV fix, or v1.1.

Note. I use AS2012 for real world weather.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #142 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Shabo wrote on Mar 24th, 2013 at 12:53am:
Actually if your a/c was rocking back and forth then you were having the issue Markaz.  sometimes it will be nothing but a 2-4 degree slight ossolation, other times it would be upwards of 7-10 degrees.  the only way to stop it was mentioned, turn off the AP and pray the yoke doent go hard left or right and be quick to counter it when it eneivtably does.
I doubt it was more than a 1 degree rocking/rolling motion that I encountered, and that happens on other payware addons that I own as well. So I guess they must have that problem too. Undecided

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Joao Alfredo

Reply #143 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 at 12:04am:
Shabo wrote on Mar 24th, 2013 at 12:53am:
Actually if your a/c was rocking back and forth then you were having the issue Markaz.  sometimes it will be nothing but a 2-4 degree slight ossolation, other times it would be upwards of 7-10 degrees.  the only way to stop it was mentioned, turn off the AP and pray the yoke doent go hard left or right and be quick to counter it when it eneivtably does.
I doubt it was more than a 1 degree rocking/rolling motion that I encountered, and that happens on other payware addons that I own as well. So I guess they must have that problem too. Undecided

Hello Mark, the problem of lateral oscillation, occurs to me intermittently occurs randomly.
I'll try to play purposefully.
I did another question about acceleration, appears to be excessive, the reverse of what happened in the beginning of the project, when using the panel on the 747, I think in version 0.2.
Thank you.

Joćo Alfredo

FX8350 4.0/4.2GHZ, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, 24 GB RAM, XFX R9-280 3GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M

IP Logged

Chigley

Reply #144 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
I initially put this post in the Autopilot forum but realising my error I've moved it to here.

Using v1.1 I've had a succession of Autoland problems, basically as soon as I pass 500agl on an ILS glidescope I start to get aileron roll from side to side at about 20 - 30 degrees that throws you off the glidescope and into a grass landing with varying degrees of "crash". The last flight was perfect EGKK - KORD until the last 500'. All the systems worked great including the ILS LOC and APP captures. No problem with speed selection and flaps/gear lowered correctly.
I have done numerous reloads including fresh downloads using off line manual activation. Checking the forum I can't see this problem reported anywhere.

Thanks
Ian

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #145 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
the rocking issue was very reminiscent for me...all the cs planes with FMC's did it to me. went far and wide...left them alone etc...then i found this...

[Custom Autopilot]
AP_Roll_controlstep=2825 <change to 1500

Wink

Dave

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #146 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.2

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Reply #147 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Just done a test flight,

in the FMC when looking at the apprach legs the speeds seem to be far high, i dunno if this is a issue as i don't use ATC to get my speeds ect ect.

Captain Sim 757&&Captain Sim 777&&&&Sean Smiley

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #148 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 5:25am
Print Post  
Highflyer2010 wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:52pm:
Just done a test flight,

in the FMC when looking at the apprach legs the speeds seem to be far high, i dunno if this is a issue as i don't use ATC to get my speeds ect ect.

Wouldn't they depend on any speed constraints in the AIRAC? i.e. the approach to Sydney's RWY 34L (ILS34LY):

SOSIJ 150/4000A (13nm from runway)
FF34L  150/4000 (6nm from runway)
RW34L  127/70

Bold text is the constraints, so the 127 speed constraint is the only one in the STAR (there is still the 240/10000 constraint in the VNAV's ACT ECON DES page). 150 actually seems like a fairly good speed (maybe too slow even) when 13nm from the runway threshold.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Reply #149 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Ok mark thank you very much will might be just me panicking that ot wornt slow down in time i'll let the fmc do the work and see how it goes  Smiley

Markoz wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 5:25am:
Just done a test flight,

Wouldn't they depend on any speed constraints in the AIRAC? i.e. the approach to Sydney's RWY 34L (ILS34LY):

FF34L  150/4000 (6nm from runway)
RW34L  127/70

Bold text is the constraints, so the 127 speed constraint is the only one in the STAR (there is still the 240/10000 constraint in the VNAV's ACT ECON DES page). 150 actually seems like a fairly good speed (maybe too slow even) when 13nm from the runway threshold.

Captain Sim 757&&Captain Sim 777&&&&Sean Smiley

IP Logged

Guissop

Reply #150 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Just dowloded the V1.2, installed and:
1° Icicng
- Icing problem persisting between fl60 and FL190 even with AntiIce On (not auto) weather ASX 2012

2° flight
- With the PA engaged  the aircraft is balancing left <-> right extremly nervously
- Slight overshooting of the turning waypoint with an anle over 60°
That's all at this moment.
- On  cruize, ther is movement on the yoke (lefte right) even on a DCT phase.
- The entering on curve are not smooth, but it's done step by step.
-The behavior of the FD have not a logic conected with PA.
Probably, there is a unique  source on these probleme.

Regards

Guillaume

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #151 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Highflyer2010 wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 5:12pm:
Ok mark thank you very much will might be just me panicking that ot wornt slow down in time i'll let the fmc do the work and see how it goes  Smiley

Markoz wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 5:25am:
Just done a test flight,

FF34L  150/4000 (6nm from runway)
RW34L  127/70

The T/D should be there once you select the STAR/TRANS/RWY. Sometimes it isn't, but at least I'm finding that it's a lot better than it was before.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #152 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
vava858 wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 7:37pm:
Please Help me , i just install the 1.2 version for 777 200 and 300 and my plane is balancing in flight with the AP nervously  Cry  Cry

You don't need to ask this question in every section of this forum. Once is enough. Sad

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #153 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 4:05am
Print Post  
1.2 does not fix the weak spoilers. To fix, the Spoilers - Drag in the air file #1101 needs to be changed from 21 to 60. This is with the LR. Probably similar with the other -200 models.

Ben

IP Logged

Firecapt_32

Former A&P:B52,KC135,707,72
7,737,747,DC8,DC9,L1

Reply #154 - Jul 15th, 2013 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Looks like the wing rocking problem has migrated to the B777. Seems to settle down during cruise but really bad during climb above 10,000ft. Tried several AOA and speed profiles but all the same results. Any ideas?

IP Logged

guy1300

Reply #155 - Aug 10th, 2013 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
The plane is all the time turning from left to right..
I cant fly like this... there is a solution?

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #156 - Aug 11th, 2013 at 2:35am
Print Post  
guy1300 wrote on Aug 10th, 2013 at 6:17pm:
The plane is all the time turning from left to right..
I cant fly like this... there is a solution?

Change this in the Custom autopilot section of the aircraft.cfg file

Change this:

[Custom Autopilot]
AP_Roll_speed=3.91
AP_Roll_window=5.7
AP_Roll_controlstep=2825

to this:

[Custom Autopilot]
AP_Roll_speed=4
AP_Roll_window=7
AP_Roll_controlstep=1500

to see if that helps.

Thank Mark Fletcher for this!

The only modification I made to this is the "AP_Roll_Speed" from 4 to 3.80 which is the same value in the CS767. I find you get better tracking on ILS with this setting.

IP Logged

VeryBumpy

Reply #157 - Aug 22nd, 2013 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Firecapt_32 wrote on Jul 15th, 2013 at 11:41pm:
Looks like the wing rocking problem has migrated to the B777. Seems to settle down during cruise but really bad during climb above 10,000ft. Tried several AOA and speed profiles but all the same results. Any ideas?

Hmm, yeah wing rocking is a rather odd issue indeed.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #158 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Please make sure your flight yoke is callibrated proporly so it is not turning slightly to the left or right causing the autopilot to correct it.

IP Logged

wmik

Reply #159 - Aug 31st, 2013 at 2:46am
Print Post  
hi, having same problem here 777(v1.2) during AP hdg or Lnav heavy banking to left and right. (is funy at certain point haha, but not for the passengers hehe)
yesterday i had the problem during a flight from RJBE to RKSI, today i dindt, flight from Ksea to Kpdx, so this as you said and adviced may be yoke/joystick related, my joystick is 6 years old (logiteck extreme 3d pro) and the center presicion is gone with the years but with all this hardware issue this does not happen with the 763 captain or any other add on aircraft. tried adding more deadzone but didnt help. i calibrate the joystick very often even during flight some times
sorry for my bad english

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #160 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 2:29am
Print Post  
wmik wrote on Aug 31st, 2013 at 2:46am:
hi, having same problem here 777(v1.2) during AP hdg or Lnav heavy banking to left and right. (is funy at certain point haha, but not for the passengers hehe)
yesterday i had the problem during a flight from RJBE to RKSI, today i dindt, flight from Ksea to Kpdx, so this as you said and adviced may be yoke/joystick related, my joystick is 6 years old (logiteck extreme 3d pro) and the center presicion is gone with the years but with all this hardware issue this does not happen with the 763 captain or any other add on aircraft. tried adding more deadzone but didnt help. i calibrate the joystick very often even during flight some times
sorry for my bad english

Open the aircraft.cfg found in the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200XXX (i.e. CS_B777-200ER_GE or CS_B777-200LR etc.) with Notepad and scroll down to the [Custom Autopilot] section. You can do a search by pressing F3 and simply entering these four characters: [cus, which should be enough to take you directly to the [Custom Autopilot] section. Wink

In the [Custom Autopilot] section, change this:

[Custom Autopilot]
AP_Roll_speed=3.91
AP_Roll_window=5.7
AP_Roll_controlstep=2825

to this:

[Custom Autopilot]
AP_Roll_speed=4
AP_Roll_window=7
AP_Roll_controlstep=1500

See if that helps.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #161 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Mark, did you see my post above about setting the AP_ROLL_SPEED to 3.80 instead of 4.00? With the 4.0 setting, it fixes the unstable rolling in climb and cruise, but I have tracking issues on ILS. Since setting it to 3.80 (Which is the same setting on the 767-300) the tracking problems are completely gone. I sat back in the tower and watched an autoland the other day, and she touched down and rolled out  dead centerline. without even a rudder adjustment.  Now if we can only find the setting to fix the late flare!!

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #162 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 3:41am
Print Post  
tf51d wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 2:59am:
Mark, did you see my post above about setting the AP_ROLL_SPEED to 3.80 instead of 4.00? With the 4.0 setting, it fixes the unstable rolling in climb and cruise, but I have tracking issues on ILS. Since setting it to 3.80 (Which is the same setting on the 767-300) the tracking problems are completely gone. I sat back in the tower and watched an autoland the other day, and she touched down and rolled out  dead centerline. without even a rudder adjustment.  Now if we can only find the setting to fix the late flare!!  

Yes. I did see the post. Wink

I'm finding the default settings for the 777 are very good for me, so it comes down to others, who are having problems with them, to change them to the second setting so that it stabilizes the rocking motion at cruise altitude AND during the ILS approach. I provide that second setting, because in earlier posts, from v1.1, some people were getting better performance than with the default settings in v1.1.

People are free to try different settings than those I've provided to make it even better still.

Quote:
  Now if we can only find the setting to fix the late flare!! 

Agreed. But I don't think that has anything to do with the Custom Autopilot settings. I could be wrong though. Shocked

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Blover