Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 FMC (incl LNAV, VNAV) (Read 405263 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

FMC (incl LNAV, VNAV)
May 30th, 2012 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Please note - systems debug mode has been removed. Feel free to select any livery or aircraft variation, to reload the 777, to select/save another flight.

IP Logged

LukeP

Re: FMC
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:33am
Print Post  
In the FIX page there should be 4 not 2. P.s, good job on the FMC it looks and performs great, not found anything wrong yet apart from 4 FIX's and not just 2 Wink

IP Logged

jimmynes

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Pop-up panel for the FMC would also
be nice!

Coming

AIM  
IP Logged

Hugo Sala

Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:16am
Print Post  
jimmynes wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:44am:
be nice!

I agree !

IP Logged

jimmynes

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Obeying approach v-ref, the nose is pitched down on approach and
if I lower the speed to correct it, the plane reaches the ground
short of the runway!

AIM  
IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:48am
Print Post  
I do not know if this comes under a problem with the display or the FMC, so I'm putting it here.

If, after activating and executing a flight plan in the FMC (CDU), if I make any changes to the plan, and then press the EXEC button, the flight plan tracks do not change to a solid magenta lines. They remain, what looks like, a cross between dotted magenta and dotted blue lines. The MCP will till follow the flight path of the modified. The old waypoints (no longer required ones) remain visible on the PFD.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1x2TB SSHD, 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.2
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.2

IP Logged

mindyerbeak

Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:48am:
I do not know if this comes under a problem with the display or the FMC, so I'm putting it here.

If, after activating and executing a flight plan in the FMC (CDU), if I make any changes to the plan, and then press the EXEC button, the flight plan tracks do not change to a solid magenta lines. They remain, what looks like, a cross between dotted magenta and dotted blue lines. The MCP will till follow the flight path of the modified. The old waypoints (no longer required ones) remain visible on the PFD.

Mark

Same here.

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:54am
Print Post  
jimmynes wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:44am:
be nice!

This is in the "known issues" thread above. There will be a popup, it just doesn't exist yet.

IP Logged

SiDER

Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Hi,

The navigation system doesn't work. I had update airac and type into FMS route from UUDD to ULLI. Firstly, airports (UUDD, ULLI) were not shown on ND, secondly, all waypoints of route were shown AFTER EXEC of route. Then I'd need to type SID. I have type it. Suddenly route losed and was shown only SID. Route kept only on FMC, on ND it losed. It is doesn't possible to fly on it. May be, I do some not right? Huh

But I have try to fly one more time, but it this time, waypoints were not shown, and after EXEC of route too. Also, the GS and wind don't shown on ND. And baro-altimetr does not work too and many many many many many others!!!

Also,I have interested, then released base version (1.0) can I get FREE update from 0.2 to 1.0 or it will be payware?

Free updates.

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Reply #9 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Just Noticed this but when I go to align the IRS the it starts to align but then it resets somehow and asks me to put in the coordinates again.

&&&&

IP Logged

Budbud

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Yep I have this too, it gets aligned only if I used the GPS coordinates, not the gate or airport entered ones.
Romain

Romain Roux&&&&&&http://www.air-child.com/mysig/ACH1179.jpg" data-rel="gb_image[nice_pics]" title="ACH1179.jpg">http://www.air-child.com/mysig/ACH1179.jpg" id="signat_img_resize_27" alt="ACH1179.jpg" title="ACH1179.jpg" style="display:none" />

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Reply #11 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Some observations after a full normal flight.

- NO T/D is calculated in the FMC.

- Somehow the plane doesn't except the Performance information if requested via the FMC. Keying it in manually fixes the problem.

&&&&

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Re: AUTOPILOT
Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 12:42am
Print Post  
VNAV does not work very well.
- Can't hold a steady climb rate.
- Climb thrust isn't reduced when arriving at the cruising altitude. Engines continue to operate at full power.
- VNAV randomly commands the plane to descend sharply while at Cruising altitude and then after descending the plane ascends sharply back up at full power and misses the target altitude... In simpler terms the plane sometimes cruises in a wavey pattern vertically.
*Edit - Also noted that when flying eastbound with a heavy tailwind this is more likely to happen. [(second tidbit - not sure if this is because of me or because of the plane but I cant change the altitude via the 2D MCP pop up panel. Only allows me to change the value from 100 to 1000).

LNAV works perfectly for me, No issues found with it in all the flights I have done yet.

(P.S. I know I might have posted some of these findings in another topic but I thought I would post it here also since it is more suited for the Autopilot topic.)
(I will also continue posting more bugs I find and the solutions I found to fix them. Only thing that I have not been able to find a workaround for so far is VNAV... seems like 50% of my current problems that I have not found a fix for comes from here.)

- Paul

&&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #13 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 2:01am
Print Post  
paul_smith_gw wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 12:42am:
- Climb thrust isn't reduced when arriving at the cruising altitude. Engines continue to operate at full power.
- VNAV randomly commands the plane to descend sharply while at Cruising altitude and then after descending the plane ascends sharply back up at full power and misses the target altitude... In simpler terms the plane sometimes cruises in a wavey pattern vertically.
VNAV is working very well for me. I am not seeing any of the problems you have mentioned above. I have only done one flight in really foul weather (mainly due to the fact that the ability too take off and raise the gear was not 100% guaranteed), but it behaved itself for that flight too.

Are all you flights started from the 777-200 Cleared for takeoff (KSEA) flight? Because that is where it really counts at the moment.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1x2TB SSHD, 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.2
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.2

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Reply #14 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 2:01am:
paul_smith_gw wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 12:42am:
VNAV is working very well for me. I am not seeing any of the problems you have mentioned above. I have only done one flight in really foul weather (mainly due to the fact that the ability too take off and raise the gear was not 100% guaranteed), but it behaved itself for that flight too.

Are all you flights started from the 777-200 Cleared for takeoff (KSEA) flight? Because that is where it really counts at the moment.

Mark

I always start my flight via the scenario. I also should say flights are touch & go for me... as I do more flights I see different bugs in each flight.. So on the flight I did before this one I didn't see some of these issues.. I'm just reporting back all the different things I see because surprisingly not every bug is apparent in each flight I do lol

&&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #15 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 4:45am
Print Post  
paul_smith_gw wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 2:23am:
I always start my flight via the scenario. I also should say flights are touch & go for me... as I do more flights I see different bugs in each flight.. So on the flight I did before this one I didn't see some of these issues.. I'm just reporting back all the different things I see because surprisingly not every bug is apparent in each flight I do lol
Yeah. It's like that for me too. Last flight I did, the flight plan disappeared from the display screen about an hour into the flight. Yet the 777 followed the route according to the LEGS page on the CDU. Shocked

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

tf51d

Re: FMC (incl LNAV, VNAV)
Reply #16 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
What I find is I can fly any flight if I use the 757/767 saved routes It will follow LNAV and VNAV quite well (When you don't get hit with the reboot system bug.) The imported FS plans don't work as well. I'm sure after the first couple of updates things will get much better. When she does fly she fly's very well. There still is a lot of work that needs to be done though before she'll be ready for prime time. I have to state though current state is closer to an Alpha then a Beta state. With timely updates like we saw with the 737-200, I'm sure it won't be long before she fly's with the best of them!!

IP Logged

freddy31200

Reply #17 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
The screen of the mcp is black (off)

IP Logged

uscbloomer

Reply #18 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
LNAV and VNAV seem to be pretty reliable to me so far.  Here are some of the issues I've noticed with the FMC:

1.  There are no default reduced power settings in the FMS.  It appears there is a place for that, but no information with it.
2.  FMC did not annunciate altitude discrepancy (Max FL344, with FL350 set in MCP)

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #19 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Just completed a flight from Orlando to JFK, she tracked perfectly, I forgot to set Xfeed, so she became unstable after awhile because of fuel imbalance, I reset the wing tanks to equal levels and she smoothed right out. ILS approaches, don't seem to work yet, but setting up with a Star into Runway 4L set me up for a perfect manual approach, and I landed uneventfully.

PS We really need an Ace utility here, to load this puppy properly!!

Edit: I thought I had that right, the X-deed shouldn't be on. That means fuel was only being burned from one tank at a time, when both wing tanks should have been burning fuel. With all wing tank fuel pumps on which I started with both full wing tanks. after 2 hr's of flight, I had 100% in the left tank and 58% in the right. This is what caused the fuel imbalance.

IP Logged

mkma

Reply #20 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
[quote author=paul_smith_gw link=1338411650/0#12 date=1339029753]VNAV does not work very well.

I've try Ksea Ksfo and I've this problem, VNAV don't reduce engine power and I 've overspeed mach 0.90

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #21 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 3:04am
Print Post  
tf51d wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 8:03pm:
Just completed a flight from Orlando to JFK, she tracked perfectly, I forgot to set Xfeed, so she became unstable after awhile because of fuel imbalance, I reset the wing tanks to equal levels and she smoothed right out. ILS approaches, don't seem to work yet, but setting up with a Star into Runway 4L set me up for a perfect manual approach, and I landed uneventfully.

Edit: I thought I had that right, the X-deed shouldn't be on. That means fuel was only being burned from one tank at a time, when both wing tanks should have been burning fuel. With all wing tank fuel pumps on which I started with both full wing tanks. after 2 hr's of flight, I had 100% in the left tank and 58% in the right. This is what caused the fuel imbalance.

Mine always feeds fuel from the Left Wing Tank to both engines and the only way I can stop it is to turn the Crossfeed Switches ON, the Right fuel pump switches ON and the Left fuel pump switches OFF. Then the Right Fuel Tank feeds both engines. As soon as I turn the Left Fuel Pump switches back ON, the left fuel tank is feeding both engines again. To stop this being a balance problem I have changed the locations in the aircraft.cfg. Like this:

[fuel]
fuel_type = 2
number_of_tank_selectors = 1                    
electric_pump=1
Center1 =   0,   0, -7, 26100, 100
LeftMain = 7, 0, -7, 9560, 50      //7, -38, -4, 9560, 50
RightMain = 7, 0, -7, 9560, 50     //7, 38, -4, 9560, 50

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #22 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Thanks Mark, I'll try that!!

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #23 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Am I doing something wrong, because I can not engage the A/P. The button works, but it does not turn to Green. I have the same problem with LNAV and VNAV buttons. Do I need to do something different to switch the A/P ON comparing to the CS767? I can engage the A/T, but not the A/P.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #24 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON VERSION 0.201

IP Logged

Buster

Reply #25 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Thank you Captain Sim, this surely is exiting!!

Going to try it out right away   Smiley

Best Regards,
Marc

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #26 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 1:48am
Print Post  
Since the latest update (0.201) when you set initial position on the FMC the coordinates is zeroed out. Any attempt to populate with GPS, or Ref Coords results in an Invalid Entry error. You have to delete the field, which reverts it back to empty boxes, then populate with correct coords.

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #27 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Does anybody have any idea why I can not engage the A/P? I push the button, but nothing happens. See picture.

Thank you in advance.

Peter

AP_engage.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

NY-Chief

Reply #28 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
One other issue with FMC, there is no EXEC rpomt on entering config information

Karl Kleiber&&VATSIM i7 3930K 3.2gig 12 gb ram gtx580 1.5 gig&& [img]

IP Logged

bobulisk

Reply #29 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
The FMC does not plot my route - and no FD is shown on the PFD even when I engage the switch. I also cannot engage the A/P switch or the LNAV/VNAV switches. The other switches on the MCP also are not working - they press but do not turn green (V/S, HDG hold, etc.).

The FMC seems to be working - I activated my route and the next WPT is purple on the LEGS page. Am I forgetting something?

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #30 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Have you tried with the KSEA saved flight? In this case for me all the buttons work except for the A/P.

IP Logged

bobulisk

Reply #31 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
I've tried going directly to the saved flight (KSEA, American Airlines) and without. I can turn the dials to set a heading, altitude, or vertical speed but, whenever I press any buttons, none of them light up. The A/P engage button is the same.

Also, the EFB is always off. How can I turn it on?

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #32 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
There's an on/off switch on the top

IP Logged

bobulisk

Reply #33 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Ok - I got LNAV and VNAV to engage (after reinstalling for maybe the fourth time), but the A/P button still will not turn on. I have tried turning it on with a heading hold and a vertical speed as well as with VNAV/LNAV, but the A/P will not engage.

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #34 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Actually, I have exactly the same problem. After some reinstall, I can at least switch on all the buttons, except for the A/P.

IP Logged

Jerry Mrima

Africa flies VATSIM

Reply #35 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jun 8th, 2012 at 3:04am:
tf51d wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 8:03pm:

Mine always feeds fuel from the Left Wing Tank to both engines and the only way I can stop it is to turn the Crossfeed Switches ON, the Right fuel pump switches ON and the Left fuel pump switches OFF. Then the Right Fuel Tank feeds both engines. As soon as I turn the Left Fuel Pump switches back ON, the left fuel tank is feeding both engines again. To stop this being a balance problem I have changed the locations in the aircraft.cfg. Like this:

[fuel]
fuel_type = 2
number_of_tank_selectors = 1                    
electric_pump=1
Center1 =   0,   0, -7, 26100, 100
LeftMain = 7, 0, -7, 9560, 50      //7, -38, -4, 9560, 50
RightMain = 7, 0, -7, 9560, 50     //7, 38, -4, 9560, 50

Mark

For sure I experienced this on my flight from HKJK to EGLL. Fuel burns from centre tank with all pumps on Ok, then moves to left main tank alone with all main tank pumps on. this I believe is the cause of the rocking wings for all those with that problem. Whenever LNAV or heading select cannot fly wings level check fuel imbalance. Fuel not burning from right tank at all with four main pumps on. That is definitely fixable,  After balancing, the airplanes flys nice and steady all the time.

&&F/O772&&Hp Elite i5 3.10GHZ 4GB RAM RADEON HD 7750 1GBDDR5

IP Logged

Jeff G

Reply #36 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Step climb prediction seems to be missing from VNAV CRZ page.

I have experienced same POS INIT errors

VSpeeds did not appear on PFD

IP Logged

Jeff G

Reply #37 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
LRC button does not work.  Optimum and Maximum flight level values do not update based on fuel burn

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Reply #38 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Some observations from 0.201

- FMC doesn't give the correct VSpeeds.
     They are always 161, 163, & 169 no matter which weight I am at.
- Thrust Derates still don't work.

&&&&

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #39 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
paul_smith_gw wrote on Jun 11th, 2012 at 9:37pm:
Some observations from 0.201

- FMC doesn't give the correct VSpeeds.
    They are always 161, 163, & 169 no matter which weight I am at.
- Thrust Derates still don't work.

Also suggested trim is wrong, always reports 4.32, when she really needs 6.00. Also since the 777 is FBW, shouldn't this be automatically set like the Airbus?

IP Logged

SteamingSpoon

Reply #40 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 9:50am
Print Post  
I tried out the KSEA-KSFO flight. I decided to enter the STAR data about halfway into the flight, but as soon as I pressed the 'DEP ARR' button, it showed 'KSEA ARRIVALS', whereas it should have been 'KSFO ARRIVALS'. When I tried to change the flightplan, nothing actually happened, and the plane flew over KSFO at 31000 feet.... Actually, The FMC treats KSFO as a normal waypoint.

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
SteamingSpoon wrote on Jun 12th, 2012 at 9:50am:
I tried out the KSEA-KSFO flight. I decided to enter the STAR data about halfway into the flight, but as soon as I pressed the 'DEP ARR' button, it showed 'KSEA ARRIVALS' (...)

Press the INDEX button to go to the main DEP/ARR page so you can select KSFO arrivals.

IP Logged

Jerry Mrima

Africa flies VATSIM

Reply #42 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
(RTE DATA) entering grid winds in Rte data in legs page should apply to all waypoints for all entered levels or a single level for average wind for the entire route as long as no wind has been put for that waypoint. As it is waypoints not modified have no forecast winds or temperature at all unless you manually do it waypoint by waypoint.

34000 -35      120/30
36000 -56      300/30
38000 -56      245/100
40000 -56      100/70
                    34000/-35

Also line selecting a wind should bring it to the scratch pad.

&&F/O772&&Hp Elite i5 3.10GHZ 4GB RAM RADEON HD 7750 1GBDDR5

IP Logged

TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

Reply #43 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 6:20am
Print Post  
Perhaps a weird one, but only some of the FMC buttons actually produce the sound, some at random intervals.

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

sheepfu

Reply #44 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Has anybody else experienced a disappearing route? On a flight from KSEA to RJAA, I made it 2/3rds of the way then the magenta line went 120 degrees to the left. The LNAV followed the FMC course, so I was able to fly to RJAA, but since the radio navigation functions do not work, I had no navigation data to follow. Hopefully for .3 we can have the radio navigation working on the display.

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #45 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
I have had problems with an approach to CYVR 26L.It does not capture the LOC or glideslope.
Ron Cry

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #46 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
rservice wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 2:50pm:
I have had problems with an approach to CYVR 26L.It does not capture the LOC or glideslope.
Ron Cry

Same problem here with same approach...

Johan

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #47 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 12:28am
Print Post  
sheepfu wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 2:39pm:
Has anybody else experienced a disappearing route?
Yes. It happens on almost every flight I do.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #48 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 6:38am
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.3

IP Logged

Guissop

Reply #49 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Hello,

Since version 0.2, 0.201 and now with the  0.3, it is not possible  to align IRS and have a position to start a fly.
I always start the scenario recommended (Cleared for take off KSEA) without change anything (Airport, weather, aircaft, fuel etc.), just to start on an airport pattern (And doing some IFR stuff).

Somthing to fix that?

Regards

Guillaume

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #50 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
When you first load the 777 in FSX reload the aircraft (I know this goes against CS's instructions, but it works. You will need to switch on the Hyd switches on the left rear overhead, (The EEC switches should now be on by default in 0.3) Make sure the ADIRU switch is on as well as the primary flight computer (guarded switch next to ADIRU). From there everything else should me normal. The ND may or may not show the route, that is hit or miss at this point, but the AP will work AS well as the LNAV/VNAV modes. I flown a number of flights this way, including a 15 hour Newark to Hong Kong flight!

Also when you align the field is populated with zeros in the coord field, that is why you can't align. Just delete the field using the delete key then you'll get the entry boxes, and can populate the proper coordinates.

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #51 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Dear rd51d,

could you please let me know how can you engage the A/P, because until today I could not do that. I puch the A/P button buth it does not turn to green.

Thank you in advance,

Peter

IP Logged

John Croft

Reply #52 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Using ver 0.3.  Whenever I attempt to pot in initial position I get "invalid entry" error in the FMS.  Also, when I attempt to, as suggested, reload the a/c after loading the SEA flight my engine instruments all show zeros as if the engines are not running, although they are.  Any ideas?

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #53 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
John Croft wrote on Jun 19th, 2012 at 6:22pm:
Using ver 0.3.  Whenever I attempt to pot in initial position I get "invalid entry" error in the FMS.  Also, when I attempt to, as suggested, reload the a/c after loading the SEA flight my engine instruments all show zeros as if the engines are not running, although they are.  Any ideas?

When you align the field is populated with zeros in the coord field, that is why you can't align. Just delete the field using the delete key then you'll get the entry boxes, and can populate the proper coordinates.

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #54 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Dear All,

could somebody please let me know how can you engage the A/P, because until today I could not do that. I puch the A/P button buth it does not turn to green.

Thank you in advance,

Peter

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #55 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Hi Peter.

Make sure that both FD switches, on the MCP panel, are turned on. Then once in the air, press either the left or right A/P Switch.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #56 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Dear Mark,

actually, that is what I am doing, but although I can push the button, it does not turn to green. All the other buttons work (LNAV, VNAV, etc.) but the A/P not. It is so sad, because without A/P it is not possible to fly routes.

Peter

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #57 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Try reinstall the 777 using the repair option and see if that fixes it. If you are using Vista or Windows 7, make sure to install it using "Run as administrator".

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #58 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Normally, I think that the FD is not necessary to engage the PA... No?

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #59 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Lt.Peter wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 7:11am:
Dear All,

could somebody please let me know how can you engage the A/P, because until today I could not do that. I puch the A/P button buth it does not turn to green.

Thank you in advance,

Peter

Also make sure the ADIRU switch on the lefthand side overhead panel is selected on!!

IP Logged

wsciutti

Reply #60 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
To the development team - 0.3 deserves a well done. I just flew across the pond (JFK-EGLL) in 15 seconds by changing the map coordinates and the FMC did not hicckup!   Smiley The approach was very smooth although the Cat 3 flare obviously is not implemented.

No wing rocking ( I did change the fuel in flight to be a more realistic number) on final. I did modify my cfg file re the AP to remove all wing rocking in turne, etc.

Looking forward to the 0.4 release.

Jack S

former B-52, 707.727 pilot - yes I am an old F...!

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #61 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Now it works, I can engage A/P! Thank you for the help.

I still experience that my wings are bumping when A/P is on. After a few minutes of flight it disappears and A/P flys the aircraft very smoothly.

I still have the problem that the gear can not be retracted.

Using 0.3 version.

Peter

IP Logged

CaptainAmerica

777 Captain Product Technical Problem Issues
Reply #62 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Hello !!!

I purchased today the recent Captain Sim 777 Captain, however I encounter several issue and I do not know who can solve the different issues. I installed the latest Service Pack 0.3, however it does not solve the issues;

1st - Landing Gear won't retract. Pressing G or the Joystick Button won't retract the landing gear. There is the sound of the landing gear retraction, however the landing gear stay down. Also, the landing gear lever won't even move by pressing either G or the Joystick Button and even moving the lever with the mouse won't retract the gear. It is a major product problem.

2nd - Light switches. Pressing the overhead panel switches (Position, Strobe, Logo etc) or switching the landing lights or taxi light etc, won't turn on the lights at night. Just pressing the keyboard L key turns on all the lights. Again, a major product problem.

3rd - Navigation Mode. Pressing the main panel LNAV / VNAV won't work and/or turn on the navigation mode. The airplane has to be flown maualy, although a flight plan with waypoints and take off data were inserted into the flight computer.

4th - Control Column and Flight Surfaces. Loading the airplane the first time looks like the control column (Steering Wheel) and the control surfaces (Aileron, Flaps, Elevator. Rudder) are jammed, although the latest service pack was installed.

These are the major problems that I have found by testing the product. The design of the product looks very realistic, however these major problems ruin the fun of flying and enjoying the 777 Captain addon. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the problems ASAP and let me know what can be done. THANKS

IP Logged

wsciutti

Reply #63 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Capt America,

I reinstalled, in order, 777, sp2, sp3, and the gear retracts fine, The light buttons I do not believe have been implemented yet. Probably in a future BETA SP.

Jack

IP Logged

CaptainAmerica

Reply #64 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 7:06am
Print Post  
wsciutti,

I deinstalled and reinstalled in the same order; 777 Capt (With SP 0.2), SP 0.3, and the only way the gear can be retracted is by loading the pre-configured flight of 777 Captain from KSEA but there you may see that the control surfaces are incontrollable; the control column is jammed to the left, the flaps, aileron, elevator and rudder are also jammed and the only way to climb or to descent is by using the trimmer, otherwise the airplane overruns the runway and cannot be flown Roll Eyes

IP Logged

AndrewL

Reply #65 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 7:20am
Print Post  
This should help you as it helped me and several other people.

Saratoga wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 1:56am:
My first post to this forum. Have been enjoying the process of figuring out the 777 now with .3 installed. My system is average and I have to load the KSEA flight immediately on FSX startup and most things work well enough to complete a flight. Otherwise random systems don't work such as landing gear disappearing, side window open, no backup gauges. The strange thing is I get the ND course line if the other systems are out!

Here is a cockpit view to activate the hydraulic switches. Someone said these are on for them in .3. For me they are off, and the yoke is hard left on loading the KSEA flight until hydraulic switches are activated. Paste in the appropriate place in aircraft.cfg.

[CameraDefinition.006]
Title = "Hydraulics"
Guid = {3940EA1A-79AB-48D0-A790-0A05B9E6D15F}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = YES
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .8
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=0.0, 0.05, -1.00
InitialPbh=-85.0, 0, 0

Happy flying.

Ben

IP Logged

wsciutti

Reply #66 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 7:23am
Print Post  
CA,

OK, try this which I think is a must, at least for me:

Load a clean startup flight first, suggest the startup flight from FlightOne which I use. Then, from within that flight, load the 777 Seattle flight and see what happens.

I have done this, moved the plane to JFK and flown a JFK - EGLL flight generated by FS Build with no problem.

Jack

PS I use this method with any complex add-on including other and Level1. Hope this works,

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #67 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON VERSION 0.4

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #68 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
wsciutti wrote on Jun 22nd, 2012 at 7:23am:
CA,

OK, try this which I think is a must, at least for me:

Load a clean startup flight first, suggest the startup flight from FlightOne which I use. Then, from within that flight, load the 777 Seattle flight and see what happens.

I have done this, moved the plane to JFK and flown a JFK - EGLL flight generated by FS Build with no problem.

Jack

PS I use this method with any complex add-on including other and Level1. Hope this works,

Thanks Jack. This works for me to and I have completed several flights with other liveries.

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #69 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
FMC button for -Brt+ on popup window will sometimes cause the display to go full dim/dark on a single click. The only way to prevent it is to prese the exec buttom below it.

Ben

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #70 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Using FMC and VNAV. Often the descent profile chosen by the VNAV leaves the plane much too high to land.

Ben

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #71 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Saratoga,

I had the same problem with the ready for takeoff AA KSEA to KSFO.  The CDU was set for the ILS but would not descend below 3000 feet on short final

IP Logged

wsciutti

Reply #72 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
I agree with Ben. I selected the Tommo1D star, app to 09R at EGLL and had to manually get to the proper ILS intercept altitude.

Jack

my guess is that this on the 'to be looked at' list.

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #73 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Yes, agreed. flying a STAR does not end with the aircraft descending to ILS intercept altitude. Unless you anticipate this, you have to circle while manually descending.

On other problem I encounter is that after loading a route in the FMC and activating/executing it, it doesn't always show up in the ND (set to MAP and an appropriate range).

Regards, Mark&&(Ex-Flt Lt 505783)&&&&&&&&System:-&&CPU:  AMD Phenom 9650 Dual-Core 2.30 Ghz&&RAM:  4 GB&&OS:  Windows 7 Pro 32-bit&&Graphics: ATi Radeon HD 5800&&

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #74 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 9:04am
Print Post  
I have a couple of questions about the FMC/CDU:-

How can a loaded Route be saved?
Where is the Route saved to?
Why does the Active/Executed Route sometimes not appear on the ND?

Regards, Mark&&(Ex-Flt Lt 505783)&&&&&&&&System:-&&CPU:  AMD Phenom 9650 Dual-Core 2.30 Ghz&&RAM:  4 GB&&OS:  Windows 7 Pro 32-bit&&Graphics: ATi Radeon HD 5800&&

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #75 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.5

IP Logged

maxam

Reply #76 - Jul 6th, 2012 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Using v0.5:

• I have noticed the last letter in waypoint's are not always properly displayed on the ND... ERAVE shows as ERAV for example.

• FMC LSK button's stick and have to be double clicked to make them pop back up.

Robert CYVR

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #77 - Jul 6th, 2012 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Some STAR/TRANS do give a T/D. The following examples start on RWY 34L at KSEA using the 777-200 Cleared for takeoff (KSEA) flight.

Example 1: KSEA-KSFO using Rwy34L KMORE3 BTG CDU OED PYE1.ENI MENLO ILS28L, as seen below, results in no T/D.

In the above image, Waypoint MENLO displays 250/FL310 while Waypoint ZORLO, only 3nm away, displays 250/3100A.

Example 2: KSEA-KSFO using Rwy34L KMORE3 BTG CDU OED PYE1.ENI MENLO ILS28R, as seen below, results in T/D.

In the above image, Waypoint OSI displays 240/6560, Waypoint MENLO, 7nm away displays 240/3100A.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #78 - Jul 6th, 2012 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 6th, 2012 at 10:43am:
Some STAR/TRANS do give a T/D. The following examples start on RWY 34L at KSEA using the 777-200 Cleared for takeoff (KSEA) flight.

Example 1: KSEA-KSFO using Rwy34L KMORE3 BTG CDU OED PYE1.ENI MENLO ILS28L, as seen below, results in no T/D.

In the above image, Waypoint MENLO displays 250/FL310 while Waypoint ZORLO, only 3nm away, displays 250/3100A.

Example 2: KSEA-KSFO using Rwy34L KMORE3 BTG CDU OED PYE1.ENI MENLO ILS28R, as seen below, results in T/D.

In the above image, Waypoint OSI displays 240/6560, Waypoint MENLO, 7nm away displays 240/3100A.

I think part of the problem may be the same way the Approaches are setup with the 757/767. Unless you have , ILS runway, STAR, and a Transition waypoint  set in the arrival page of the FMC, the FMC will not calculate an approach. If you just select the ILS runway nothing happens.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #79 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 2:55am
Print Post  
tf51d wrote on Jul 6th, 2012 at 10:06pm:
Markoz wrote on Jul 6th, 2012 at 10:43am:

I think part of the problem may be the same way the Approaches are setup with the 757/767. Unless you have , ILS runway, STAR, and a Transition waypoint  set in the arrival page of the FMC, the FMC will not calculate an approach. If you just select the ILS runway nothing happens.

Yep. I would say you are spot on. I believe that the 777 FMC is very similarly coded to the CS757 and CS767 FMC's and that I have the same issues in all three aircraft (same STAR/TRANS in all three). I originally included that in my post, but seeing this is about the 777 and not the 757 or 767, I removed that line. Wink

Edited:
I found a way to overcome the problem with PYE1.ENI MENLO ILS28L. The solution works on some of the STAR/TRANS that fail to give a T/D, but it DOESN'T solve ALL of them. I am in the process of creating a small tutorial on how to fix it. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #80 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Hi Markoz,

I've just been trying to set up a flight from KSEA to KSFO, complete with a STAR on arrival.

Here are my screen shots...

As you can see (I hope Wink ) there is a gradual descent between OSI and RW28L... BUT! You'll have noticed that the changes have not yet been EXEcuted. When I do that, there is a descent from MENLO at FL310 to ZORLO at 3100A in only 3NM. Sad

Why does it change when you press EXEC?

By the way, what is the significance of the 'A' in '3100A'?

LATER: Well, I've now run the KSFO ARR again - and come up with a totally different result.  Shocked

Now the TD is at ENI at FL310, next W/P, PYE, is at FL222, then STINS at 17560, HADLY at 10840, OSI at 8300, MENLO at 6250, ZORLO & HEMAN at 3100A, DUYET at 1800 and RW28L at 70. Couldn't be better!

Again, BUT: As soon as I press EXEC, it reverts to the same steep descent between MENLO and ZORLO.

Got to be a bug somewhere in this FMC!

I'm going to try changing the altitudes by hand just to see if EXEC accepts them. Surprise, surprise! It worked. I copied the alts from this post into the CDU, pressed EXEC and nothing changed.

Hope this helps.  Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #81 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Hi Mark.

I have found a way to get the T/D. I am doing a tutorial on how I did it.  I have a lot going on at the moment (specialist and occupational therapist appointments), so it could be a few of days before I complete it. It is not too dissimilar to what you did, but I don't have to add the SPEED \ ALTITUDE to each waypoint after ENI. The tutorial will reveal how. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #82 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Dear marknixon,

3000A means that you are below the transition level of the airport, thus it is not flight level 3000, but altitude 3000. Below the transition level you need to change the QNH from STD to the actual value, for example 10.13.

Peter

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #83 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
By the way, what is the significance of the 'A' in '3100A'?

It means that at that waypoint you must be flying at 3100 feet or ABOVE.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #84 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Hi Markoz,

Thanks for the solution to '3100A'.

Can't wait for your tutorial on T/D - I'm sure other folks are holding their collective breath, too.  Smiley

Hope your "appointments" don't imply anything serious. Anyway, all the best.

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #85 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Using .5 the FMC Legs pages will not adjust while flying the route, sometimes leading to the last page being blank and numbered 4/3.

Ben

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #86 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
You are right Markoz concerning the 3100A. It was my mistake, I just looked it up in my user manual.

Sorry for the wrong information marknixon.

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #87 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Lt.Peter

"You are right Markoz concerning the 3100A. It was my mistake, I just looked it up in my user manual. Sorry for the wrong information marknixon. "

No harm done!  Wink I didn't crash!

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #88 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.6

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Reply #89 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Top Of Decent dosnt work with 0.6

Captain Sim 757&&Captain Sim 777&&&&Sean Smiley

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Reply #90 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
LNAV went off course away from magenta line

Captain Sim 757&&Captain Sim 777&&&&Sean Smiley

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #91 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Downloaded 0.6.Uninstalled all 777 entries.Reinstalled 0.5,then 0.6.
Now I have no CDU display.What gives!!!
Ron Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

maxam

Reply #92 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 1:10am
Print Post  
Currently on v0.6

Will there be accurate FUEL predictions based on the route. 

I am flying EGLL-LLBG (1998 NM) and I am not shown remaining fuel at the destination.  Fuel for the next waypoint 20 NM away shows fuel at 56.0 (x1000) and destination fuel at 53.7 (x1000) remaining.

Will this finally be fixed in the 777 and future CS products?

Thanks,
Robert

Robert CYVR

IP Logged

Jack Vogel

Reply #93 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 7:35am
Print Post  
When I try to update the location by pressing the displayed GPS
location and then enter 'set inertial position' it says Invalid entry,
anything I can do?

Jack F Vogel  -  Delta Virtual Airlines&&      

IP Logged

pride545

Reply #94 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
does anyone know how to create flightplans without putting all the waypoints in the fmc?

Moe Works&&&&                                                    

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #95 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Jack Vogel wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 7:35am:
When I try to update the location by pressing the displayed GPS
location and then enter 'set inertial position' it says Invalid entry,
anything I can do?

Is a bug in the FMC. Need to click DEL key. then RSK  'set inertial position', to clear the position (entry blocks will then be displayed). Then downselct GPS position and upselect to 'set inertial position'.

IP Logged

Shabo

Reply #96 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
pride545 wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 12:09pm:
does anyone know how to create flightplans without putting all the waypoints in the fmc?

You can use any program that creates a .rte file. any program you used for you other captain sim products will work for this as well.  I use FS Commander and it works like a charm.  You can also save your flightplan so if you would like to fly it later you can bring it up in the FMC without having to enter everything again

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #97 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Use jet airways (Jetways) to to go between waypoints and the FMC will aurtomatically add all the waypoints in the route between.

For a flight from Melbourne (YMML) to Los Angeles (KLAX) I use a SID to waypoint DOSEL, the I use Y59 to SY, B450 to NOBAR, A579 to NN, B581 to FICKY then a STAR/TRANS to KLAX.

This first image is how the flight plan looks in Flight Sim Commander 9.2. Notice that the entry of the flight plan, in top pane, is short (YMML DOSEL Y59 SY B450 NOBAR A579 NN B581 FICKY KLAX), but look at all the waypoints in the bottom pane:

This second image shows how it looks in the CDU. Left CDU shows that it is page 2/3. Page 3/3 will remain empty until I add the DEP and ARR (SID, STAR and TRANS) and it could end up with it being 4 pages. The LEGS page (the right CDU) shows that it is page 1/7, but could end up being 10 or 11 pages once the DEP and ARR are added to the flight plan.

The Jetways used in the flight plan are: Y59, B450, A579 and B581.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #98 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Version 0.6

FMC still not displaying correct runway elevation at destination airport. I assume this would be an essential piece of data for autoland???

Coming into Changi airport I tried to disconnect the autopilot a bit late (150 feet - normally I do this at 400 feet agl) and it would not diconnect. Replay showed she had gone into a nice flare at about 100 / 150 feet above the runway! Cant remember exactly what the runway elevation was in the FMC, but do remember it was not close to sea-level as at Changi. Barometer was correctly set.

Definitely broke the gear on the final drop when I somehow did manage to diconnect the autopilot!

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #99 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
geolpilot wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:58pm:
Version 0.6

FMC still not displaying correct runway elevation at destination airport. I assume this would be an essential piece of data for autoland???

Coming into Changi airport I tried to disconnect the autopilot a bit late (150 feet - normally I do this at 400 feet agl) and it would not diconnect. Replay showed she had gone into a nice flare at about 100 / 150 feet above the runway! Cant remember exactly what the runway elevation was in the FMC, but do remember it was not close to sea-level as at Changi. Barometer was correctly set.

Definitely broke the gear on the final drop when I somehow did manage to diconnect the autopilot!

I have never had this problem with the 777. It doesn't do much of a flare on landing for me at all, but I usually reduce the speed in the IAS/MACH Indicator to about 110, when I about 100 feet AGL, to force the 777 to pull the nose up a bit. I know I shouldn't have to do that, but it works great for me.

Disconnecting the Autopilot using the Disengage Bar on the MCP turns the Autopilot off immediately for me regardless of the altitude.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Firecapt_32

Former A&P:B52,KC135,707,72
7,737,747,DC8,DC9,L1

Reply #100 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
When setting the initial FMS position will we always have to delete the zeros or just insert the current position over top of it?

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #101 - Jul 15th, 2012 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 4:22pm:
geolpilot wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:58pm:
Version 0.6

I have never had this problem with the 777. It doesn't do much of a flare on landing for me at all, but I usually reduce the speed in the IAS/MACH Indicator to about 110, when I about 100 feet AGL, to force the 777 to pull the nose up a bit. I know I shouldn't have to do that, but it works great for me.

Disconnecting the Autopilot using the Disengage Bar on the MCP turns the Autopilot off immediately for me regardless of the altitude.

I use a VREF table from an FS9 777 version (since the VREFS in the FMC APPROACH page at the moment are static and way too fast). At the weight I was at (approx 433 K lbs) VREF 30 suggested was around 135. I came in at 140 and she definitely flared and reduced throttle. I did click the AP disconnect bar but nothing happened. Think I managed a disconnect by clicking of the FDs.

I will try to reproduce this and see what is happening in more detail when I have some Sim time again.

Will also post pic of FMC runway elevation - I am sure these are not being correctly loaded into the FMC.

Robin

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #102 - Jul 15th, 2012 at 4:06am
Print Post  
Do you mean the Spd/Alt of the runway on the LEGS page on the CDU (as in RW07L 240/180 for KLAX)? I don't know if the altitude of runway 07L at KLAX really is 180 feet. I could be closer to sea level than that because the altitude of LAX (in the GPS) is 126 feet.

It could be that the threshold of RWY 07L could be 54 feet higher due to the undulation of the ground there, but I've never been there in real life to know if it really is. Another thing - Does the CDU/FMC put a higher altitude there as a means to make the 777 flare?

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

pride545

Reply #103 - Jul 15th, 2012 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Shabo wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:45pm:

You can use any program that creates a .rte file. any program you used for you other captain sim products will work for this as well.  I use FS Commander and it works like a charm.  You can also save your flightplan so if you would like to fly it later you can bring it up in the FMC without having to enter everything again

I put some RTE route files in the Captain Sim/Navigation/routes folder and they do not show on the FMC! They werwe made usint the FSCommander. There is no place to save them to CS in FSC.

Moe Works&&&&                                                    

IP Logged

pride545

Reply #104 - Jul 15th, 2012 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Shabo wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:45pm:

You can use any program that creates a .rte file. any program you used for you other captain sim products will work for this as well.  I use FS Commander and it works like a charm.  You can also save your flightplan so if you would like to fly it later you can bring it up in the FMC without having to enter everything again

That does not work, the plans do not show up on the FMC.

Moe Works&&&&                                                    

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #105 - Jul 15th, 2012 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim products use .rt files, not .rte

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

braced

Reply #106 - Jul 15th, 2012 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
OK let me ask a stupid question: How does one fly a raw needles ILS approach in this airplane? Here in the U.S. the FAA has been real hot on pilot workload and use of automation. Every jet I've flow (real ones not flight sim) has a way of reducing automation back to the basics.
I like flying flight sim using the ATC function. When you get close to an airport, ATC starts vectoring you to set up for an intercept to an ILS approach. How can I set up to do this in the 777? I've looked for a manual on the FMC but it is not out yet. Are you guys using knowledge from past CS FMC's?
Edit: Disregard, I figured it out. Really got to dig into that FMC! 

707, 727, 737, 757, 777

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #107 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Markoz,

Quote: "This first image is how the flight plan looks in Flight Sim Commander 9.2."

Thanks for reminding me about FlightSim Commander, I had tried it a couple of years ago but abandoned it for no real reason! Have now got v. 9.2 and am learning it.

However, I can't find how to save a FSC flight plan in the correct format (.RT or is it .RTE?) so that it can be imported into the FMC/CDU of the 777. FSC seems to save flight plans with the extension .PLN... Do you have to import them from FSX 's folder?

And, is there some way of deleting complete RTEs from the CDU? Pressing DEL and choosing the RTE doesn't work.

Mark

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #108 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 3:26am
Print Post  
marknixon wrote on Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:51am:
Markoz,

Quote: "This first image is how the flight plan looks in Flight Sim Commander 9.2."

Thanks for reminding me about FlightSim Commander, I had tried it a couple of years ago but abandoned it for no real reason! Have now got v. 9.2 and am learning it.

However, I can't find how to save a FSC flight plan in the correct format (.RT or is it .RTE?) so that it can be imported into the FMC/CDU of the 777. FSC seems to save flight plans with the extension .PLN... Do you have to import them from FSX 's folder?

And, is there some way of deleting complete RTEs from the CDU? Pressing DEL and choosing the RTE doesn't work.

Mark

Save it as an Flight Simulator X flight plan and load it into the CDU on the ROUTE page by pressing SEND  (LSK 3L) > FLTSIM FPLS (LSK 6R) >
Then scroll through the Flight Plans (PREV/NEXT PAGE) until you find the one you want.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #109 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 5:07am
Print Post  
braced wrote on Jul 15th, 2012 at 7:02pm:
OK let me ask a stupid question: How does one fly a raw needles ILS approach in this airplane? Here in the U.S. the FAA has been real hot on pilot workload and use of automation. Every jet I've flow (real ones not flight sim) has a way of reducing automation back to the basics.
I like flying flight sim using the ATC function. When you get close to an airport, ATC starts vectoring you to set up for an intercept to an ILS approach. How can I set up to do this in the 777? I've looked for a manual on the FMC but it is not out yet. Are you guys using knowledge from past CS FMC's?  

The ILS display on the ND is not working yet so you cannot fly an ILS approach yourself. However, if you press the APP button and you have the ILS programmed on the NAV in the FMC, the plane will fly the ILS to the runway. Of course you must intercept the ILS properly, although the 777 engages the ILS from some very sharp angles.

All Boeing FMCs are basically the same. There are many tutorials on programming a FMC. The CS777 FMC can fly the plane itself from shortly after takeoff until touchdown (although flare is not yet implemented). Obviously it has to be carefully programmed including speeds and altittudes.

Ben

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #110 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Thanks Markoz.

That's what I realised I had to do, since FSCommander doesn't allow you to save a flight plan as a .RT file.

Am I alone in finding that the EXECuted RTE doesn't appear in the ND? It has appeared a few times before but never consistently.

Mark

IP Logged

asanal

Reply #111 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
1-I open FSX with C172 as per Mark recommendation ,Engine running and all switches are on,
2- Reload 777 at your Airport.
3- Go to six hydraulic, switches put them on all open switches. That is all..
Now, 777 all nav lights on and ready for engine start. Don't forget the start APU  first and put APU on BLEED AIR panel.

I use FsBuild. Generate Fplan and export to FSX fpl,/ Open FMC>Route>Send>FltsimFpls> Then select your Flplan. Only problem was not solved yet, when you select ILS RW for destination AP from FMC and activated it will not appear at Legs page. Smiley

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #112 - Jul 23rd, 2012 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
When I try to type something into the FMC some of the keys like to randomly stay down until I select them again. Not a major issue, just a bit annoying  Wink

Maybe the coffee spillled and made it sticky  Cheesy

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #113 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 1:41am
Print Post  
packers101 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2012 at 10:31pm:
When I try to type something into the FMC some of the keys like to randomly stay down until I select them again. Not a major issue, just a bit annoying  Wink

Maybe the coffee spillled and made it sticky  Cheesy

That happens if you remove your mouse from the key without lifting the mouse button--it happens in the 707 on the INS CDU.

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #114 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 2:37am
Print Post  
packers101 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2012 at 10:31pm:
When I try to type something into the FMC some of the keys like to randomly stay down until I select them again. Not a major issue, just a bit annoying  Wink

Maybe the coffee spillled and made it sticky  Cheesy

I'm not seeing this happen. UNLESS the CLR button is sticking and when I click on it once (briefly), it clears the whole line regardless of how many characters are entered.

The CLR button is the only one that does it though and it is annoying when I enter one wrong character in the waypoint, press CLR, and the whole entry is deleted/removed. Sad

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #115 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 24th, 2012 at 2:37am:
I'm not seeing this happen. UNLESS the CLR button is sticking and when I click on it once (briefly), it clears the whole line regardless of how many characters are entered.

The CLR button is the only one that does it though and it is annoying when I enter one wrong character in the waypoint, press CLR, and the whole entry is deleted/removed. Sad

I'm getting this too. I just have to make sure that I type things in perfectly  Wink

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #116 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Vnav does not work for me was going from VHHH to Egll and the vnav was supposed to take me up to FL410 but only went to FL270 and stoped was not able to keep speed neither the nose is at a very high pitch when holding a altitude something like 15-10 degrees nose up was usally holding 215 knots when supposed to be holding 250 and it could hold the speed because the auto throttle was at 50% power and holding altitude but the nose was up 15 degrees and it was not trying to climb  Sad

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #117 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 2:28am
Print Post  
The 777 does not like to climb and when cruising nose is at high pitch and does not go above 250 knots

Please Help

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #118 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Weston wrote on Jul 25th, 2012 at 4:04pm:
Quote:
Vnav does not work for me was going from VHHH to Egll and the vnav was supposed to take me up to FL410 but only went to FL270 and stoped was not able to keep speed neither the nose is at a very high pitch when holding a altitude something like 15-10 degrees nose up was usally holding 215 knots when supposed to be holding 250 and it could hold the speed because the auto throttle was at 50% power and holding altitude but the nose was up 15 degrees and it was not trying to climb  Sad

How far into the flight were you when you wanted to reach FL410? I have not yet flown it at that altitude. I think the highest cruise altitude I have done in it was about FL370/FL380 and I only got to that altitude towards the end of a long haul (or on a very short haul flight).

I suggest you look at page 2/3 (ECON CRZ) on the VNAV pages and see what the OPT altitude is. Aim for the altitude it recommends (round it up/down to the nearest thousand feet).

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #119 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 4:07am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 26th, 2012 at 2:35am:
Weston wrote on Jul 25th, 2012 at 4:04pm:
Quote:

How far into the flight were you when you wanted to reach FL410? I have not yet flown it at that altitude. I think the highest cruise altitude I have done in it was about FL370/FL380 and I only got to that altitude towards the end of a long haul (or on a very short haul flight).

I suggest you look at page 2/3 (ECON CRZ) on the VNAV pages and see what the OPT altitude is. Aim for the altitude it recommends (round it up/down to the nearest thousand feet).

made no difference airplane not able to hold speed if I was not there the airplane would have stalled and the airplane nose is at a to high of a pitch to hold speed

IP Logged

Zeus

Carpe Diem!

Reply #120 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 7:20am
Print Post  
The OPT and MAX FL's do not change during the flight

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #121 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Zeus wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 7:20am:
They do for me on a long haul flight. But not much. On a 6500nm trip, there is only one Step Climb. Sad

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #122 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
I'm having a problem with my decent, the throttles go to full instead of idle during vnav decent and I have to manually control the throttles to slow the thing down, then it seems like my speed brakes are useless. Is anyone else experiencing this?

IP Logged

Zeus

Carpe Diem!

Reply #123 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:59am:
They do for me on a long haul flight. But not much. On a 6500nm trip, there is only one Step Climb. Sad

Which indicates that something is wrong there. I made a 7.5 hr flight, and the OPT was FL301 and MAX FL344 the whole flight. I had the right weights and everthing too.

_______

ALSO ANOTHER ISSUE IS THAT THE IRS INSTEAD OF HAVING THE BOXES FOR ALIGNMENT, HAS 00000.000.000. It would be better to set it to the boxes for our input later.

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #124 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Zeus wrote on Jul 28th, 2012 at 12:01pm:
Markoz wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:59am:

Which indicates that something is wrong there. I made a 7.5 hr flight, and the OPT was FL301 and MAX FL344 the whole flight. I had the right weights and everthing too.

_______

ALSO ANOTHER ISSUE IS THAT THE IRS INSTEAD OF HAVING THE BOXES FOR ALIGNMENT, HAS 00000.000.000. It would be better to set it to the boxes for our input later.

I know on the 767 they change

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #125 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 6:37am
Print Post  
Quote:
This might have something to do with the fact that the 777 does not have its own FDE yet. In the 737, I think it was v0.8 or v0.9 before we saw got that.

Quote:
I just press DELETE to remove it and then the boxes can be seen. But this problem could be because the FMC\CDU is not complete yet, which might also go on to affect the Step Climbs as well.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

crazydunc

Reply #126 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Not sure if i have missed these being reported already but:

Manually inputting Place Bearing Distance way point doesn't seem to work (Not in database error).

And Cross Above XXXX and below ZZZZ doesn't result in the correct restriction. It results in Cross Above XXXX and below XXXX.

for example: 2500A3500B became 2500A2500B when in-putted to the FMC.

Thanks,

Dunc

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #127 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Great job on the saving and loading of flights--systems load nearly perfectly. However, I'm noticing that sometimes, after loading a saved flight, LNAV won't work.

Edited:
Actually, what's happening is, when the aircraft is off course, it turns back on course, but when it reaches the correct route again, it turns back the way it came about 20°, and maintains that new course.

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #128 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.7

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #129 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 9:26am
Print Post  
hitting the -BRT+ Button only goes to dim and stays, i can hold the plus side but once i let go it automatically goes right back to completely dim.

IP Logged

Jonssen

Reply #130 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Eric.M wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 9:26am:
hitting the -BRT+ Button only goes to dim and stays, i can hold the plus side but once i let go it automatically goes right back to completely dim.

But only in the 2D version of the fmc.

As well,

I have a lot of problems with the FMC initial position set coordinates ! When I load the aircraft my initial position is completly set to 00000... and I can't change it, doesn't matter if I'd start cold and dark or engines on. Right now I'm not able to do a flight because of that.

Best regards,

Jonas

IP Logged

Fawii

Reply #131 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Hi

The LEGS page in the FMC don't have T/D ( top of descend ). The T/D  is important for any plane , because it tells the pilot when to start his/her descend.

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #132 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Jonssen wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 3:31pm:
Eric.M wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 9:26am:

But only in the 2D version of the fmc.

As well,

I have a lot of problems with the FMC initial position set coordinates ! When I load the aircraft my initial position is completly set to 00000... and I can't change it, doesn't matter if I'd start cold and dark or engines on. Right now I'm not able to do a flight because of that.

Best regards,

Jonas

yes sorry forgot to mention its only in the 2d FMC, on the 0's in the FMC you should be able to clear them out with the CLR or DEL button, I was able to but dont have the 0's anymore in .7

IP Logged

Jonssen

Reply #133 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Fawii wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 10:02pm:
Hi

The LEGS page in the FMC don't have T/D ( top of descend ). The T/D  is important for any plane , because it tells the pilot when to start his/her descend.

Right now there is no T/D on the LEGS page but you can see your T/D on the Programm and VNAV page as well Wink

@Eric
Figured it out with the 0000.. As you mentioned I just deleted them.
Except of the weird presentation of the route on the ND .7 is a very good update.

Jonas

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #134 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Started a flight to LFPG from Anchorage and when selecting the ANC6 departure it came up with a weird jumble of letters numbers and symbols. havent tried it with other airports so i wonder if its just a glitch that happens with the navigraph data.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #135 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 4:50am
Print Post  
Eric.M wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 11:09pm:
Started a flight to LFPG from Anchorage and when selecting the ANC6 departure it came up with a weird jumble of letters numbers and symbols. havent tried it with other airports so i wonder if its just a glitch that happens with the navigraph data.

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/TOO-FAT_2008/2012-8-11_14-20-4-420.jpg

Did you program the CDU manually or did you load a Flight Plan created in another program?
Also, update the Navigraph AIRAC to 1208. The one installed by default with the 777 is from a while ago (not that I think that would cause that).

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #136 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 4:55am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Aug 12th, 2012 at 4:50am:
Eric.M wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 11:09pm:

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/TOO-FAT_2008/2012-8-11_14-20-4-420.jpg

Did you program the CDU manually or did you load a Flight Plan created in another program?
Also, update the Navigraph AIRAC to 1208. The one installed by default with the 777 is from a while ago (not that I think that would cause that).

Programmed CDU manually and have the 1208 installed in all my addons that require it, i may try and see if it does it with any of the arrivals/departures into and out of Paris.

IP Logged

Mohammad

Reply #137 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Hi every one.

In FMC take off page, when filling the required parameters and selecting a take off thrust setting,it shows the selected thrust in EPR.
which is wrong,because currently (since the CS didn't include a RR engine) the GE & PW engines are Controled by N1 RPM.

IP Logged

777pilot

Reply #138 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 7:15am
Print Post  
How do i set my cruising speed to 460knts in the fmc

&&&&&&

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #139 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
vnav does not work
-does not go to crusing alitude if it is above to keeps climbing
-the pitch of the nose is way to high
-does not stop climbing when it gets to the alitude in the mcp
-can't hold a speed
I have not even got to do a flight yet because the autopilot does not work flat except for lnav Cry

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #140 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Weston wrote on Aug 26th, 2012 at 10:58pm:
vnav does not work
-can't hold a speed
I have not even got to do a flight yet because the autopilot does not work flat except for lnav Cry

I have not heard of that problem from anyone yet :L
Firstly, have you pushed the AP button?
Have you programmed the FMC?
Are you using the V/S to climb?
If so, what are you setting the climb rate at? That will affect your nose pitch during climb.
When you are nearing your set altitude, if you are not using VNAV, your ALT HOLD button should turn green. Is this happening?
Is autothrottle on? Have you set the speed in and pressed speed hold?
The best way to fix a bug is to reinstall. Uninstall the 777 then install the base pack 0.5 then install 0.7. This is a work in progress aircraft so expect bugs to occur and expect them to be fixed in later updates. Happy flying Smiley

IP Logged

pride545

Reply #141 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 1:35pm
Print Post  

The best way to fix a bug is to reinstall. Uninstall the 777 then install the base pack 0.5 then install 0.7. This is a work in progress aircraft so expect bugs to occur and expect them to be fixed in later updates. Happy flying Smiley [/quote]

I did the reinstall gig and it does not work!

Moe Works&&&&                                                    

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #142 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
I've noticed on the FMC that text in the scratchpad disappears after a short time once you press clear even just once. If you clear only one letter, the whole string disappears after a second or two, and you have to start all over.

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #143 - Sep 4th, 2012 at 3:40am
Print Post  
boeing247 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2012 at 5:58pm:
I've noticed on the FMC that text in the scratchpad disappears after a short time once you press clear even just once. If you clear only one letter, the whole string disappears after a second or two, and you have to start all over.

+1

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Weston

Reply #144 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
LOLcakes wrote on Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:45am:
Weston wrote on Aug 26th, 2012 at 10:58pm:
vnav does not work
-can't hold a speed

I have not heard of that problem from anyone yet :L
Firstly, have you pushed the AP button?
Have you programmed the FMC?
Are you using the V/S to climb?
If so, what are you setting the climb rate at? That will affect your nose pitch during climb.
When you are nearing your set altitude, if you are not using VNAV, your ALT HOLD button should turn green. Is this happening?
Is autothrottle on? Have you set the speed in and pressed speed hold?
The best way to fix a bug is to reinstall. Uninstall the 777 then install the base pack 0.5 then install 0.7. This is a work in progress aircraft so expect bugs to occur and expect them to be fixed in later updates. Happy flying Smiley

i am trying to use vanv but I am forced to use the v/s ap is on fmc is programmed when using v/s alt hold does not turn green use vnav not speed hold have reinstalled
just giving the bug to captainsim o now it is still in beta  Smiley

IP Logged

Aerofan

Reply #145 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 2:50am
Print Post  
Hi, I have a problem with the FMC:
I put the route in the FMC but when I take off the aircraft doesn't follow the correct route, for exeample if i have to go at point "ECHO" and the correct HDG is 013, the 777 follow HDG 240, and I' don't know why!
Can you help me?
Anyway I'm sorry if my English is not perfect because it isn't my first language

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #146 - Sep 7th, 2012 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.8

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #147 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 2:54am
Print Post  
VNAV appears to be a bit buggy. The altitude constraint for one waypoint was 11000B. However, the aircraft climbed to 12000, then descended back down to 10900.

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #148 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 7:01am
Print Post  
I can confirm this. On a short flight, aircraft overshoot FL170 which was the T/C to 18300ft then went back to 17000. Also, when descending, it will not decelerate to 250kts when approaching 10000ft.

FMC will not accept any IRS position, it will always say "Invalid Entry".

When editing legs, sometimes clicking a waypoint will cause a "Not on database" error.

IP Logged

Buster

Reply #149 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 7:54am
Print Post  
I can agree on the altitude and speed 'problems'.

Regarding input of IRS/GPS waypoints, the FMC accepted those via loading a FSC flightplan (EDDL-KJFK), I did not yet try to enter them manually.
I will give that a try soon.

Best Regards,
Marc

IP Logged

Buster

Reply #150 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 11:29am
Print Post  
NaMcO wrote on Sep 8th, 2012 at 7:01am:
I can confirm this. On a short flight, aircraft overshoot FL170 which was the T/C to 18300ft then went back to 17000. Also, when descending, it will not decelerate to 250kts when approaching 10000ft.

When editing legs, sometimes clicking a waypoint will cause a "Not on database" error.

Hello Nuno,

I just had a quick try to enter IRS/GPS position. In the Legs page on the FMC i managed to enter 4 IRS/GPS waypoints in the following format
"N52W050" then "N54W040" then "N56W030" and "W56W020"
FMC accepted this as part for my transatlantic route.

I will try further to see if I can manage to enter other, more detailled  IRS/GPS coordinates but that will have to wait since I got quite tired. Your remark in combination with my FSC flightplan kept bugging me so I had to try.

Good luck,
Best regards,
Marc

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #151 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 6:50pm
Print Post  

Turn the ADIRU off and back on before you enter the POS.

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #152 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 3:17am
Print Post  
This is how I would enter waypoints using only the Longitude and Latitude coordinates in the CDU in the following manner, based on how I do it for the CS757, CS767 and the "Other" 747-400X, because they all use the same type of CDU.

I would enter S3740.2E14450.3 - for S37 40.23 E144 50.36 (YMML)

So for N52W050, I would enter N5200.0W05000.0 - only because I have never added them using the brief format (N52W050).

The manual says you can do it in the brief format, but I've never done it that way. Is that because it is too easy? Or that I do not enough work for me to do already? Shocked

Here is what the ‘767 Captain’ FLIGHT MANUAL Part V – Flight Management System (cs767_manual5.pdf) page 15

N is used for north latitude, west longitude. E is used for north latitude, east longitude. S is used for south latitude, east longitude. W is used for south latitude, west longitude. Examples:
• N50° W040° becomes 5040N • S52° W075° becomes 5275W
• N75°W170° becomes 75N70 • S07° W120° becomes 07W20
• N50° E020° becomes 5020E • S50° E020° becomes 5020S
• N06° El 10° becomes 06E10 • S06° El 10° becomes 06S10.

When you set the POS of the 777 and select (for example) the LSK R4, it is "pasted" into the scratchpad in the format that the CDU uses for entering the Longitude/Latitude for a waypoint.

Well that's my 2 bobs worth! Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #153 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 1:57pm
Print Post  

Up to 0.7 I found the VNAV to be behaving more or less OK. But somethings has changes in 0.8. On my test flight today, she undershot an altitude constraint by 2000 feet, and would not slow down to the speed restriction I had set of 220 knots at the same waypoint. This despite reaching the constraint altitude some 6nm before the waypoint, and full airbrakes applied. Should surely have leveled off to help reach speed and altitude constraint.

Seemed to me the autothrottle was sluggish in response both on the takeoff and during descent

Robin

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #154 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
geolpilot wrote on Sep 9th, 2012 at 1:57pm:

Up to 0.7 I found the VNAV to be behaving more or less OK. But somethings has changes in 0.8. On my test flight today, she undershot an altitude constraint by 2000 feet, and would not slow down to the speed restriction I had set of 220 knots at the same waypoint. This despite reaching the constraint altitude some 6nm before the waypoint, and full airbrakes applied. Should surely have leveled off to help reach speed and altitude constraint.

Seemed to me the autothrottle was sluggish in response both on the takeoff and during descent

Robin

I've mentioned these bugs before, but here are the difficulties VNAV has with descents.
1. Flight idle on VNAV is set at 40% N1. That is too much power to get the plane slowed down. That flight idle is appropriate after the gear or full flaps are deployed. Instead, flight idle should be 25% on descent.
2. Spoilers are ineffective. VNAV will always say "Drag Required." Spoilers will help but are quite weak.
3. Gear cannot be lowered until around 225 knots. The placarded gear extension is 270 knots. This means gear cannot be used to help slow the plane on rapid descents while maintaining 250 knots below 10,000 feet. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Because of these problems, the VNAV is faced with either breaking the altitude or breaking the speed. The end result, however, is the same. The approach will not be flown properly.

Ben

IP Logged

Aerofan

Reply #155 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
I know is not very beautiful write this but I buy the 777 because I love it and I can not use it until I will solve my problem, so can anybody help me with the problem that I write before in Page 10?
Thank You, Gabriele

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #156 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Aerofan wrote on Sep 6th, 2012 at 2:50am:
I put the route in the FMC but when I take off the aircraft doesn't follow the correct route, for exeample if i have to go at point "ECHO" and the correct HDG is 013, the 777 follow HDG 240, and I' don't know why!
Can you help me?
Anyway I'm sorry if my English is not perfect because it isn't my first language

Hi Gabriele, The FMC works quite well and I have used it for many flights including over 12 hours. Are you familiar with the Boeing FMC? There are tutorials on YT and other places on the net. It seems like your problem is with the route. You must enter the following to get the appropriate route:
1. Enter departure and arrival airports
2. Enter waypoints in between the airports on the right side of page 2/2. ECHO does not sound like a waypoint because waypoints are normally five letters, airports are four letters and VORs are three letters.
3. Press "Activate."
4. Go to the LEGS button and make sure there is no "Route Discontinuity." You must check all the pages of your route using the Next Page button. If there is discontinuity then you must click the button to the left of the waypoint below the discontinuity and then click on the button to the left of the series of boxes that indicate the discontinuity.
5. Press EXEC and check your route and legs again to make sure everything is correct.
6. After takeoff, press AP and LNAV on the MCP if you want to follow the FMC route.
Programming the FMC take some practice, but it is working on the 777.

Ben

IP Logged

Aerofan

Reply #157 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Saratoga wrote on Sep 9th, 2012 at 9:10pm:
Aerofan wrote on Sep 6th, 2012 at 2:50am:
Can you help me?

Hi Gabriele, The FMC works quite well and I have used it for many flights including over 12 hours. Are you familiar with the Boeing FMC? There are tutorials on YT and other places on the net. It seems like your problem is with the route. You must enter the following to get the appropriate route:
1. Enter departure and arrival airports
2. Enter waypoints in between the airports on the right side of page 2/2. ECHO does not sound like a waypoint because waypoints are normally five letters, airports are four letters and VORs are three letters.
3. Press "Activate."
4. Go to the LEGS button and make sure there is no "Route Discontinuity." You must check all the pages of your route using the Next Page button. If there is discontinuity then you must click the button to the left of the waypoint below the discontinuity and then click on the button to the left of the series of boxes that indicate the discontinuity.
5. Press EXEC and check your route and legs again to make sure everything is correct.
6. After takeoff, press AP and LNAV on the MCP if you want to follow the FMC route.
Programming the FMC take some practice, but it is working on the 777.

Ben

Thank You for the answer Ben but I know how to use the FMC. I use it since 2011 with flights as Milan-Sydney or Bangkok-New York so I know how to use it. Anyway I fix the problem with the 0.8 and with this update I have another question: how can I use the passenger cabin with all the 777cs? my problem is that I see this cabin with the 777 KLM

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #158 - Sep 10th, 2012 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
Thank You for the answer Ben but I know how to use the FMC. I use it since 2011 with flights as Milan-Sydney or Bangkok-New York so I know how to use it. Anyway I fix the problem with the 0.8 and with this update I have another question: how can I use the passenger cabin with all the 777cs? my problem is that I see this cabin with the 777 KLM

Good to hear you got the FMC working in .8. In .7 the MAP and PLAN were always North Up which caused some confusion as well.

The cabin is very complex and cannot be used together with an airplane that has a VC because it overloads the capacity of FSX. This is stated in the new Manual Part I. There is a thread discussing this issue. People are hoping for a simplified cabin that will work with the VC.

I have not tried to attach a different external model to the cabin, but you would have to edit the model.cfg file. However, the cabin model is designed mainly to look at from the interior, since it has no cockpit.

Ben

IP Logged

Aerofan

Reply #159 - Sep 10th, 2012 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Ok no problem, that question was only because, for exeample, the 767 have both

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #160 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Still getting the crazy descent problem, it goes up and down then the darn thing stalls out!  Angry

IP Logged

SteamingSpoon

Reply #161 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 7:37am
Print Post  
The VNAV does not behave properly. I guess I'm doing something wrong. Please point out any mistake if there is one.
The VNAV does not execute the descent. The waypoint altitudes and speeds are set by myself in the CDU. Supposing my cruise alt is FL390, and I've entered in the CDU that the aircraft should be at the next waypoint at an altitude of FL300, the VNAV doesn't even start the descent. I have to execute the descent myself using the vertical speed display on the MCP. Also, before the plane starts the descent, I enter the MCP alt as 18000 (trans alt most of the times). Am I going wrong somewhere?

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #162 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 11:30am
Print Post  
SteamingSpoon wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 7:37am:
The VNAV does not behave properly. I guess I'm doing something wrong. Please point out any mistake if there is one.
The VNAV does not execute the descent. The waypoint altitudes and speeds are set by myself in the CDU. Supposing my cruise alt is FL390, and I've entered in the CDU that the aircraft should be at the next waypoint at an altitude of FL300, the VNAV doesn't even start the descent. I have to execute the descent myself using the vertical speed display on the MCP. Also, before the plane starts the descent, I enter the MCP alt as 18000 (trans alt most of the times). Am I going wrong somewhere?

VNAV will start the descent if the FMC is programmed properly. Some things to check.
1. Have you pressed EXEC?
2. Are every one of your LEGS showing speed and altitude?
3. Did you dial down the MCP alt before reaching beginning of descent as shown on the VNAV page?
4. Are you engaging the spoilers when it says "Drag Required?"

Sometimes the AP gets stuck so what I do is disengage it completely and then reset it to LNAV and VNAV. This happened when the FMC was reprogrammed in flight and the AP was in HDG mode. It would not subsequently go back to LNAV mode.

Often descents cannot be flown according to the profile because 1) VNAV flight idle is set at 40% N1, far too high for a lightly loaded 777, 2) spoilers are weak and 3) gear extension speed is set too low. In that case you may want to switch to manual throttle and FLCH instead of VNAV.

Ben

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #163 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Optimum and Maximum Altitudes in FMC

These should change about 500 feet for every 20,000 pounds of fuel burned.

Ben

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #164 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Once again after two attempts the plane stalled out during approach and stalled out it will descend below the altitude I set for approach,lose speed and stall out!!!! This need to be fixed!!! ASAP Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #165 - Sep 13th, 2012 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
4 attempts   in 2 days same thing!!!  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

SteamingSpoon

Reply #166 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Saratoga wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 11:30am: