Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59 Send TopicPrint
 25 FMC (incl LNAV, VNAV) (Read 410765 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

FMC (incl LNAV, VNAV)
May 30th, 2012 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Please note - systems debug mode has been removed. Feel free to select any livery or aircraft variation, to reload the 777, to select/save another flight.

IP Logged

LukeP

Re: FMC
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:33am
Print Post  
In the FIX page there should be 4 not 2. P.s, good job on the FMC it looks and performs great, not found anything wrong yet apart from 4 FIX's and not just 2 Wink

IP Logged

jimmynes

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Pop-up panel for the FMC would also
be nice!

Coming

AIM  
IP Logged

Hugo Sala

Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:16am
Print Post  
jimmynes wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:44am:
be nice!

I agree !

IP Logged

jimmynes

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Obeying approach v-ref, the nose is pitched down on approach and
if I lower the speed to correct it, the plane reaches the ground
short of the runway!

AIM  
IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:48am
Print Post  
I do not know if this comes under a problem with the display or the FMC, so I'm putting it here.

If, after activating and executing a flight plan in the FMC (CDU), if I make any changes to the plan, and then press the EXEC button, the flight plan tracks do not change to a solid magenta lines. They remain, what looks like, a cross between dotted magenta and dotted blue lines. The MCP will till follow the flight path of the modified. The old waypoints (no longer required ones) remain visible on the PFD.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD, 1x2TB SSHD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x2TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.5
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.5

IP Logged

mindyerbeak

Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:48am:
I do not know if this comes under a problem with the display or the FMC, so I'm putting it here.

If, after activating and executing a flight plan in the FMC (CDU), if I make any changes to the plan, and then press the EXEC button, the flight plan tracks do not change to a solid magenta lines. They remain, what looks like, a cross between dotted magenta and dotted blue lines. The MCP will till follow the flight path of the modified. The old waypoints (no longer required ones) remain visible on the PFD.

Mark

Same here.

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:54am
Print Post  
jimmynes wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:44am:
be nice!

This is in the "known issues" thread above. There will be a popup, it just doesn't exist yet.

IP Logged

SiDER

Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Hi,

The navigation system doesn't work. I had update airac and type into FMS route from UUDD to ULLI. Firstly, airports (UUDD, ULLI) were not shown on ND, secondly, all waypoints of route were shown AFTER EXEC of route. Then I'd need to type SID. I have type it. Suddenly route losed and was shown only SID. Route kept only on FMC, on ND it losed. It is doesn't possible to fly on it. May be, I do some not right? Huh

But I have try to fly one more time, but it this time, waypoints were not shown, and after EXEC of route too. Also, the GS and wind don't shown on ND. And baro-altimetr does not work too and many many many many many others!!!

Also,I have interested, then released base version (1.0) can I get FREE update from 0.2 to 1.0 or it will be payware?

Free updates.

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Reply #9 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Just Noticed this but when I go to align the IRS the it starts to align but then it resets somehow and asks me to put in the coordinates again.

&&&&

IP Logged

Budbud

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Yep I have this too, it gets aligned only if I used the GPS coordinates, not the gate or airport entered ones.
Romain

Romain Roux&&&&&&http://www.air-child.com/mysig/ACH1179.jpg" data-rel="gb_image[nice_pics]" title="ACH1179.jpg">http://www.air-child.com/mysig/ACH1179.jpg" id="signat_img_resize_27" alt="ACH1179.jpg" title="ACH1179.jpg" style="display:none" />

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Reply #11 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Some observations after a full normal flight.

- NO T/D is calculated in the FMC.

- Somehow the plane doesn't except the Performance information if requested via the FMC. Keying it in manually fixes the problem.

&&&&

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Re: AUTOPILOT
Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 12:42am
Print Post  
VNAV does not work very well.
- Can't hold a steady climb rate.
- Climb thrust isn't reduced when arriving at the cruising altitude. Engines continue to operate at full power.
- VNAV randomly commands the plane to descend sharply while at Cruising altitude and then after descending the plane ascends sharply back up at full power and misses the target altitude... In simpler terms the plane sometimes cruises in a wavey pattern vertically.
*Edit - Also noted that when flying eastbound with a heavy tailwind this is more likely to happen. [(second tidbit - not sure if this is because of me or because of the plane but I cant change the altitude via the 2D MCP pop up panel. Only allows me to change the value from 100 to 1000).

LNAV works perfectly for me, No issues found with it in all the flights I have done yet.

(P.S. I know I might have posted some of these findings in another topic but I thought I would post it here also since it is more suited for the Autopilot topic.)
(I will also continue posting more bugs I find and the solutions I found to fix them. Only thing that I have not been able to find a workaround for so far is VNAV... seems like 50% of my current problems that I have not found a fix for comes from here.)

- Paul

&&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #13 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 2:01am
Print Post  
paul_smith_gw wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 12:42am:
- Climb thrust isn't reduced when arriving at the cruising altitude. Engines continue to operate at full power.
- VNAV randomly commands the plane to descend sharply while at Cruising altitude and then after descending the plane ascends sharply back up at full power and misses the target altitude... In simpler terms the plane sometimes cruises in a wavey pattern vertically.
VNAV is working very well for me. I am not seeing any of the problems you have mentioned above. I have only done one flight in really foul weather (mainly due to the fact that the ability too take off and raise the gear was not 100% guaranteed), but it behaved itself for that flight too.

Are all you flights started from the 777-200 Cleared for takeoff (KSEA) flight? Because that is where it really counts at the moment.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD, 1x2TB SSHD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x2TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.5
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.5

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Reply #14 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 2:01am:
paul_smith_gw wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 12:42am:
VNAV is working very well for me. I am not seeing any of the problems you have mentioned above. I have only done one flight in really foul weather (mainly due to the fact that the ability too take off and raise the gear was not 100% guaranteed), but it behaved itself for that flight too.

Are all you flights started from the 777-200 Cleared for takeoff (KSEA) flight? Because that is where it really counts at the moment.

Mark

I always start my flight via the scenario. I also should say flights are touch & go for me... as I do more flights I see different bugs in each flight.. So on the flight I did before this one I didn't see some of these issues.. I'm just reporting back all the different things I see because surprisingly not every bug is apparent in each flight I do lol

&&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top