Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 SYSTEMS (OTHER THAN FMC AND DYSPLAYS) (Read 229522 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

SYSTEMS (OTHER THAN FMC AND DYSPLAYS)
May 30th, 2012 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Please note - systems debug mode has been removed. Feel free to select any livery or aircraft variation, to reload the 777, to select/save another flight.

IP Logged

LukeP

Re: SYSTEMS (OTHER THAN FMC AND DYSPLAYS)
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Weird beeps that can be heard every 5 seconds or so when everything is in the correct setting.

IP Logged

gonzalo

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
LukeP wrote on Jun 4th, 2012 at 10:28pm:
Weird beeps that can be heard every 5 seconds or so when everything is in the correct setting.

The same beep! (like the ILS capture beep)...

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
My flaps and yoke animations do not work at all :/

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Read my post over in the other Capt Sim forum to if that might help.

IP Logged

danroman

Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:56am
Print Post  
What other post?  really want to eliminate the tones.....
Could you post it (copy and paste) here, too?  thank you

IP Logged

FlavioSSA

Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Pvjinflight wrote on Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:50pm:

Pvjinflight, everything is working ok. Taxi, yoke, flaps ... i had that problem too. You only have to look up in the overhead and turn on the hyd pumps. They are in the overhead behind your head. They are six in total and will be with a yellow warning light till you turn on them. Them it will all work properly.

Flávio Cardoso - P3Dv4 - FSX-SE
Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - EVGA GTX1080 SC - TrackIR 5 - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics
CS Products: 727 - 737 - 757 - 767 - 707 - 777 - C130 - B52 - WXR
IP Logged

danroman

Re: FLIGHT MODEL
Reply #7 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:37am
Print Post  
I paid for the entire beta interior and exterior.

I cannot turn off the morse tone.  several of the animation buttons do not work or there is something I do not know about and searching was fruitless.  such as
external air
external power
radio stack

I really want to be helpful, but cannot be if you think I am just another whiner.....   I am seeing those posts as well.

please, I intend fully to be constructive.....

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Try this to turn off the the morse codes beeps

MORSE.jpg (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

danroman

Reply #9 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:41am
Print Post  
I am sorry....  no effect.....

IP Logged

danroman

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:50am
Print Post  
I just pulled out the Morse tones files from fsx sound.....   I hope you have a real fix later.  Thanks.....  now to see if it flies.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #11 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:09am
Print Post  
I added the Bendix-King Radio Audio panel to the 777 after encountering this when I started, the very first time, a flight with it. I can turn off all the audio except the DME audio. However, I have found that this can be turn off IF I start with the 777-200 Cleared for takeoff.FLT.

After reading this topic though, I might be able to get rid of the Bendix-King Radio Audio panel! Wink

Edited:
#1: The DME audio is able to be turn off, once I am out of range of the ILS that my VOR (not sure if it was NAV1 or NAV22) was set to.

Edited:
#2: Turn the VOR/ADF Receiver Selector L AND the Approach Receiver Selector L knobs through their entire range, and at each stop, Middle Mouse Button click on the appropriate Receiver Volume Control to turn the audio OFF. I no longer need the Bendix-King Radio Audio panel to turn them off now that I've worked it all out. And no more annoying Morse Code sound. Grin

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD, 1x2TB SSHD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x2TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.5
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.5

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #12 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:15am
Print Post  
Been at it for 2 hours now and do not replicate most of the faults reported thus far.

The only thing I 'THINK' I see is the Throttles seem to be Hypa Active in the AP AutoThrottle mode. Tried reducing the value max_throttle_rate in Aircraft.cfg file but still too sensitive.

EDIT: And the Co-Pilots VHF-R Button is not working

OK, got it, just needs a co-ordinates adjustment for the button. Only becomes active at the bottom right maybe 10% of the button surface.

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #13 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:19am
Print Post  
Lost in Isaan wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:15am:
The only thing I 'THINK' I see is the Throttles seem to be Hypa Active in the AP AutoThrottle mode. Tried reducing the value max_throttle_rate in Aircraft.cfg file but still too sensitive.
I can't take off using the A/T. It drops back to almost idle and the Autobrakes and Autospoilers activate.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD, 1x2TB SSHD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x2TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.5
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.5

IP Logged

danroman

Reply #14 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:49am
Print Post  
My experiences:
1.  morse tones would not stop, regardless of suggested or attempted known fixes.....   I had to restart the game after removing the morse tones (I never use them, anyway) and there was silence.
2. no temps show
3. no winds show
4. no ground speed shows
5. EPR did not hold and plane slowed down.  I disconnected and increased throttle manually, getting myself in air.
6. fmc altitude did not hold, climbed above FL 180 to 230....  had to fly manually.
7. animation external power and air showed a hand cursor, but had no effect.....  I could not get any external power going on the overhead.
other than that, I was able to land at KPDX from KPAE.....

IP Logged

Budbud

Reply #15 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:19am
Print Post  
Hi,

Here my findings too:
_ Same as above, unable to connect external air or GPU,
_ After shuting down engines, unable to restart them (APU online with bleed air, but N2 doesn't increase)
_ On the EFIS, altimeters and DH/MDA buttons turn but doing nothing.
_ VHF buttons turn but don't change the frequency + unable to swap stby/active frequency.
_ VHF center not rendered? "On" but dashed.
_ External lights switches not working
_ No indication of wind, temperature and GS on MFD
_ Alignement of ADIRU only possible with GPS coordinates, not with gate coordinates ("Enter inertial coordinates" prompts constantly + alignement reinitialized). Sorry this one is not exactly in the good topic, but it goes with the rest.
_ Banking left and right while under autopilot.

Otherwise, controls only don't work when the T7 is loaded after another plane. If it is loaded directly from the menu, they work properly.

I hope this will help.
Cheers.
Romain

Romain Roux&&&&&&http://www.air-child.com/mysig/ACH1179.jpg" data-rel="gb_image[nice_pics]" title="ACH1179.jpg">http://www.air-child.com/mysig/ACH1179.jpg" id="signat_img_resize_39" alt="ACH1179.jpg" title="ACH1179.jpg" style="display:none" />

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #16 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 6:38am
Print Post  
Fuel is fed to both engines from the left fuel tank if the crossflow switches are turned on (*and left on during a flight). Not sure if this is the correct behavior, or not.

*I know - Use the ECL to make sure I turn them OFF. I forgot. Embarrassed

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #17 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
The  Ram air turbine unlocked button on the overhead panel remains unlocked regardless of the position of the switch.  The CS 757 had this same problem.

IP Logged

Mahmoud Sheykholeslami

PilotOfPersia virtualairline

Reply #18 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
greeting every body,my name is mahmoud sheykholeslami,thank you CS for this great aircraft i purchased immediately,,i loaded clear for takeoff condition at KSEA,and checking before start checklist to get all green,but ,"FUEL PANEL   pumps ON,xfeed closed",well i did that at Overhead,but seems does not working,how i can i make that green?am i miss something?

IP Logged

deltaboy1996

Weird flight dynamics and Nav display not working
Reply #19 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 3:59am
Print Post  
I was so excited to recieve my CS777 cockpit that i have been long waiting for but when i spawned into FSX and loaded a route in the FMC i did not see a pink line of which the airplane could follow. am i missing something? i have flown every Modern Boeing plane and know how to do FMC and would like to know if the NAV display will be reworked in the update?
Another problem i noticed was that i was unable to use my Rudder or Aileron at all, so after i took off to get a feel for the plane it just turned itself to the side on takeoff and kept pulling left and was out of my control.  Cry  are these common problems and will be fixed in the update or is it my computer? also i did not hear GPWS callouts on the plane. would like to know if they will be added later on as well.
I love the Model and the EFB and ECL are amazing and this plane could be the best but with a few fixes.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Re: Weird flight dynamics and Nav display not working
Reply #20 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:13am
Print Post  
I had these problems at first too. Since I rebooted my computer, it is working very well. It went straight down the runway (no pulling left), and the landing gear retracted, which it would not do no matter what I tried. I have never had this problem if I started from the default 777-200 Cleared for takeoff (KSEA), only from a cold-n-dark start.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

ctone

Reply #21 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
I have performed a proper uninstall and reinstall of the 777 and still get the strange flight dynamics pulling to left down the runway and no landing gear functions no matter what i try. plane is unflyable for me.  Sad

Asus Maximus IV Extreme P67, I7 2600k@5.0GHZ,16GB Corsair Vengance,1 EVGA GTX 580, Corsair AX1200 PSU&&Corsair Obsidian 800D Case

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #22 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Same here. I turned on hydraulics and all and put rudder trim to neutral position, but still can't get response from landing gear and plane tries to turn a bit left. I guess we just need to wait few for next beta release...

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #23 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
This is getting reported everywhere. for the 777 pulling to the left, check the Rudder and Aileron Trim on the Aft Pedestal. Mine were set to all the way left.

As for the landing gear, I cannot figure this one out at all. Sometimes they retract and at other times they refuse outright to retract. I return to the airport and land when they refuse to retract!

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Flyboy0284
Beta Team

Reply #24 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but in real world 777's you are able to start both engines simultaneously. I have not been able to reproduce this in the sim.

Off topic, but does anyone know if the PW and RR engines are going to be modeled eventually?

PW - for sure. RR - we'll see.

Good stuff  Smiley. I'm hoping for the RR as that is what Delta uses.

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Reply #25 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 2:55am
Print Post  
Ok After doing a flight these are some observation of the bugs I discovered.

- Knobs used to change anything such as heading, altitude, transponder etc spin uncontrollably until you counteract your action. I find it really hard to dial in the right numbers without a couple of tries.

- Changing the amount of bank used in a turn causes the plane to bank from side to side as if you were going through some heavy turbulence.

- Autopilot reacts badly in turbulence banking from right to left sharply until Manual control is taken.

- Around 25'000 feet I momentarily lost the speed indication and the plane firewalled the engines until it regained a speed indication.

- Not able to select TO/GA power on takeoff by pressing Ctrl+Shift+G

- Autothrottle is also hard to disconnect once connected. Must disarm and take manual control.

- Autothrottle responds to Joystick movement so if I were to pull my throttles back after connecting the Autothrottle and flying in VNAV the planes engines would go back to Idle. In order to combat this I had to leave the throttle at idle and disconnect then reconnect the Autothrottle in order for it to gain control of the engines again.

- Ground power doesn't work neither does the APU. Plane loses power and ability to start its engines after about 30 minutes on the ground even though the APU is set to run.

- NO T/D is calculated in the FMC.

- Somehow the plane doesn't except the Performance information if requested via the FMC. Keying it in manually fixes the problem.

- The Ram Air Turbine button remains in the unlocked position during the whole flight if engines are shut off after loading the Seattle Flight in FSX.

- None of the exterior lights work except the logo light. All the interior lights work fine.

(P.S. Realized I included some observations about the FMC... Will move them to the right topic.)

Good report, thanks.

&&&&

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #26 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:35am
Print Post  
hello first time ive posted on the "test Pilot" section of things and i hope im in the right topic for the MCP.

Doing a flight right now from PHNL to PANC and while adjusting the Altitude on the MCP i noticed that as you pass altitudes in the thousands E.G. 20000,25000 it stays at the lower altitude until passing 500ft of the higher alt. E.G. it would show going from 30000 to 31000 it wont show 31000 on the readout until hitting 31500.

IP Logged

Todd

Reply #27 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 8:56am
Print Post  
I to had the same issues with the extreme pull to left, found that by adjusting the rudder trim as well as aileron/flaperon trim I was able to bring it to level flight. The biggest problem atm is that the gear will not retract no matter what I do, checked everything I think. There are allot of small issues esp the ones concerning mouse pointer acces to switches under the covers. I know raise the cover first activate switch, big problem with that on the hyd switches top aft of the OH

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #28 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Eric.M wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:35am:
hello first time ive posted on the "test Pilot" section of things and i hope im in the right topic for the MCP.

Doing a flight right now from PHNL to PANC and while adjusting the Altitude on the MCP i noticed that as you pass altitudes in the thousands E.G. 20000,25000 it stays at the lower altitude until passing 500ft of the higher alt. E.G. it would show going from 30000 to 31000 it wont show 31000 on the readout until hitting 31500.

Have you switched the lower part of the knob (AUTO 1000) so that the Altitude Indicator increases in increments of 1000 feet?

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #29 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 10:45am:
Eric.M wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:35am:

Have you switched the lower part of the knob (AUTO 1000) so that the Altitude Indicator increases in increments of 1000 feet?

just tried going from "AUTO" to "1000", on the 1000 setting adjustment is correct, but on the auto setting i can go from 36400 FT and do one click more to what should be 36500 Ft and it reads 37500FT and it does this for any altitude. Also the aircraft does not climb to the correct altitude set on the MCP i have it set for FL385 to get the aircraft up to FL370.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #30 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:38am
Print Post  
I see what you mean. It jumps all over the place:
30400, 31500, 31600, 31700, 31800, 31900, 31000, 31100, 31200, 31300, 31400, 32500 (I can't be bothered going through the rest)
and just continues on until I don't know where. Sad

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #31 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:19am:
I can't take off using the A/T. It drops back to almost idle and the Autobrakes and Autospoilers activate.

Do you activate TO/GA and what speed did you set in your MCP? If your MCP speed is at 0 then it will reduce throttles to idle, which shows autobrake that you are attempting to abort takeoff and thus causing speed brakes to deploy  Tongue

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #32 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
If I use the A/T, they throttles race to 100%, then as the 777 gains speed, it pulls them right back - twice it has pulled them back to the stops causing the Autobrakes to activate and the Autospoilers to deploy (an aborted takeoff) - and at the end of a 12000 foot runway, I have barely reached VR.

I set the speed to V2 (according to the CDU), I use full throttle, then at about 200 feet AGL I turn the A/P ON and switch it straight to VNAV1 and LNAV. I does fine with this, unless for some unknown reason, the landing gear refuses to retract. When that happens, it's going to be one hell of day at the office. This happened on my last flight, and it stalled and fell to earth with an almighty thud. Shocked

Mark

(1) The A/T switches are ON, so it kicks in as soon as I press the VNAV key.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Flyboy0284
Beta Team

Reply #33 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 12:15pm:
If I use the A/T, they throttles race to 100%, then as the 777 gains speed, it pulls them right back - twice it has pulled them back to the stops causing the Autobrakes to activate and the Autospoilers to deploy (an aborted takeoff) - and at the end of a 12000 foot runway, I have barely reached VR.

I set the speed to V2 (according to the CDU), I use full throttle, then at about 200 feet AGL I turn the A/P ON and switch it straight to VNAV1 and LNAV. I does fine with this, unless for some unknown reason, the landing gear refuses to retract. When that happens, it's going to be one hell of day at the office. This happened on my last flight, and it stalled and fell to earth with an almighty thud. Shocked

Mark

(1) The A/T switches are ON, so it kicks in as soon as I press the VNAV key.

Mark, I'm having the same problem.  The auto throttles don't seem to hold the takeoff thrust setting.  I also noticed the a/t doesn't throttle back to a climb setting in vnav.

IP Logged

Flyboy0284
Beta Team

Reply #34 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Trailboss wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:37pm:
The Ram air turbine unlocked button on the overhead panel remains unlocked regardless of the position of the switch. The CS 757 had this same problem.

+1 here as well

IP Logged

Jason9001

Reply #35 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
The bugs list is straight on I'm also going in through the written bugs. I also have been going through my autopilot want switch on.  Cool

To them who has the problem with the aircraft turning left and acting strange I have the answer for that. It is a configuration problem of some sort on the plane. If you try to reselect the plane from the menu then it should work for you. The configuration on the aircraft should be changed or checked I dont know if it is a bug or it just FSX?  Cheesy

IP Logged

Osmax

Reply #36 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Hello-
for anyone experiencing issues regarding the hydraulics not working on other flights, and the yoke animation not working- I have found the issue. On the rear overhead, there are HYD switches which are off by default (they have switch covers). If you turn them on, everything works

&&&&

IP Logged

toninho

Reply #37 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:13am:
Try this to turn off the the morse codes beeps

I finaly turned the tune off by turning off all three channels C L R, one by one. The procedure is: select channel C and press the volume botton to turn the green light off. Do that for all three channels and the tone will go off Cheesy

IP Logged

Osmax

Reply #38 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
One issue that I can also attest to is that the EPR switch malfunctions. On the lower EICAS, the N1 set is still around 100.5, but the plane (after pressing EPR) accelerates for a little then decelerates after a while, and takeoff is not possible.

&&&&

IP Logged

JusJ

Reply #39 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
I had the following issue when using the 777 KSEA loaded flight.

On descent, autopilot on - when changing altitude in the MCP by increments of 100 ft the altitude displayed in the MCP dial went from 2500 immediately to 1400 (should have been 2400) and then displayed in 100 ft increments down to 1000 (and immediately therefter displayed 1900 when dialing down another 100ft).

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Reply #40 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
VNAV behaves weirdly...

- Speeds up past climb speed during the ascent then overspeeds.
- Even though there is enough power for the plane to climb the higher it goes the lower the climb rate is, it drops considerably and sometimes even stops, all while the engines continue to firewall.
- Takeoff, Climb, or Cruise EPR's... Plane always operates with full power in all phases of flight.

&&&&

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #41 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 1:56am
Print Post  
I think that this might have already been brought up somewhere but I didn't see an answer... When I'm using the ECL and I get to some points and press ENTER, it does not acknowledge. So I have to skip it and if I go to another point and press ENTER it goes back to the unresponsive point.  Sad

Am I doing something wrong or is this a CS problem?

Thanks

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #42 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 5:14am
Print Post  
The ECL is not complete yet. This is mentioned KNOWN ISSUES.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

SiDER

Reply #43 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Good afternoon for all,

I have a problem. The control wheel is turns full to the left and full to the right at the FL. What I can do to solve this?

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 8:56am
Print Post  
SiDER wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 8:15am:
Good afternoon for all,

I have a problem. The control wheel is turns full to the left and full to the right at the FL. What I can do to solve this?

You should have read what was just posted in the topic above: READ THIS

IP Logged

SiDER

Reply #45 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Thank, but I can't not reload 777 because if I don't leload this, the rudder doesn't work.
In this issues it didn't wrote:
Quote:
- No WX radar.
- No 2D radio panel.
- No 2D CDU panel.
- No FMC input and messages on EICAS, PFD.
- No F/D indication on PFD.
- No FMC input on ND except the route.
- Some systems are not tied into the ECL.
- Some doors are not tied into MFD indication.
- Some 2D panels are b/w drafts.
- No COMM mode of MFD.

But if I reload 777 for 1 time all begin works good. Then let's solve the problem with rudder.
Problem in details:
Rudder does not react on joystik, but sometimes it is. But not correctly. It reacts for 1 secound, then rudder turn back in neutral position again. It does not possible to taxy. But how I understand, not only rudder works same. Elevators and ailerones work same too.

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 9:49am
Print Post  
You have to enable the hydraulic system switches in the overhead panel just behind your head. They should have a yellow warning, you have to turn them on to make that work.

Keep in mind that this is not a support forum, in this section of the forum we are supposed to help Captain Sim find problems with the 777 and that one you mention is not a problem for real  Wink

IP Logged

SiDER

Reply #47 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Yes, tnk you, I'll try it.

PS And where is the supprot forum?

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #48 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 11:15am
Print Post  
SiDER wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 10:53am:
Yes, tnk you, I'll try it.

PS And where is the supprot forum?

Well this is the support forum but there is also a database for support tickets that have been filed and resolved. Check in your account for links to support ticket knowledge base.

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #49 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 11:24am
Print Post  
I guess this should really be called a development forum,since the CS T7 is still under development.
Ron

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #50 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
These forums are official Captain Sim forums, but they are not support forums. Support is provided via the Support Ticket system.

However, we members do provide support for each other in here. So in a way, that does make them support forums. Wink

This forum I would call a bug reporting forum, or maybe even a development forum like Ron suggested.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #51 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 5:14am:
The ECL is not complete yet. This is mentioned KNOWN ISSUES.

Ah... Thanks Mark, I didn't remember that one thanks!

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

SiDER

Reply #52 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Rudder doesn't work.
But I can't post a screen of overhead because I don't posting 10 normal messages yet.

IP Logged

SiDER

Reply #53 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
So it's my 11th message.
Screen of overhead:

IP Logged

SiDER

Reply #54 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Rudder, ailerones and elevator do not work correctly. Its are react for less than 1 sec, and then again turn back in neutral position. It does not a joystik problem. On other aircraft all is OK. FSUIPC versin is 4.2.0, not registered. Hydraulic pumps are on.

I'm notice it on a stand, I moved my joystik by all axis, Rudder, elevator and ailerons react not correctly, but the control wheel does not generaly work.

I think it is anything with rrudder trim. If I reload 777, all with conrols is OK, but there is too much any bugs.

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #55 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
SiDER wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 7:21pm:
Rudder, ailerones and elevator do not work correctly. Its are react for less than 1 sec, and then again turn back in neutral position. It does not a joystik problem. On other aircraft all is OK. FSUIPC versin is 4.2.0, not registered. Hydraulic pumps are on.

I'm notice it on a stand, I moved my joystik by all axis, Rudder, elevator and ailerons react not correctly, but the control wheel does not generaly work.

I think it is anything with rrudder trim. If I reload 777, all with conrols is OK, but there is too much any bugs.

Have you turned on the hydraulic switches above the overhead?

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

SiDER

Reply #56 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Yes, thank you, the problem is soved.
But there I get new one.
Landing gear after take off doesn't get UP!

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #57 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 7:17am
Print Post  
SiDER wrote on Jun 8th, 2012 at 6:30am:
Yes, thank you, the problem is soved.
But there I get new one.
Landing gear after take off doesn't get UP!

The only way I have found to fix the problem (with the Landing Gear refusing to retract), is to exit FSX, wait a few minutes, then restart FSX and it should be fine again. If I don't wait a few minutes between exiting and restarting FSX, it keeps happening until I DO wait for a few minutes after exiting FSX. This might have something to do with the debug mode, and it taking a while to be removed from of the system memory.

From KNOWN ISSUES:
Quote:
2. In the 0.2 all systems are in debug mode, so the aircraft systems reboot (closing FSX, selecting another LIVERY or aircraft, reloading the 777, selecting another flight) takes extra time. Also the systems glitch is possible after the systems reboot (you loose gears, all systems and controls). So if you wish flying the 777 please stay in the 777, one livery.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

SiDER

Reply #58 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 8:34am
Print Post  
It doesn't help

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #59 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON VERSION 0.201

IP Logged

kevin777lover

Reply #60 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Version 0.201

- Spoilers lever in 3D Fail, no animation when plane is on ground.

- Autobreaks fail during landing. When on Disable or 1/2/3 MAX positions the aircraft is performing a full stop even when I push manually breaks @ 80 knots ....

-engine start sequence is weird ... there is a speed acceleration sound that's not very realistic.

-when gear is moving up and down, there is no wind effects that's regrettable.

-seatbelts and smoke signs sounds not working.

IP Logged

Jerry Mrima

Africa flies VATSIM

Reply #61 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
(ELECTRICS) version 0.201
Airplane seems to loose all electrics after a time delay if you do not put the engines on. After electrical power up, Battery On and APU running that is. Aircraft just depowers but reselecting aircraft on FSX resets it back to normal.

&&F/O772&&Hp Elite i5 3.10GHZ 4GB RAM RADEON HD 7750 1GBDDR5

IP Logged

cyprus air91

Reply #62 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
hey well my aircraft is flying now only prob i have it that the gears dont go up Smiley

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #63 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Guys I've found a temporary way to fix the landing gear problem. When you want to retract it, press and hold G until it slowly but steadily retracts. Then keep something like a small paperweight or a rock on G until you lower it for landing. It actually works Wink

Are you sure you are takingoff from KSEA def flight?

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #64 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 9:31am
Print Post  
LOLcakes wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 1:26pm:
Guys I've found a temporary way to fix the landing gear problem. When you want to retract it, press and hold G until it slowly but steadily retracts. Then keep something like a small paperweight or a rock on G until you lower it for landing. It actually works Wink

The way I solved the issue is after loading the flight, go back and reload the aircraft (I know this goes against what CS suggests but it works. Other things you need to do is there are guarded switches in the back of the overhead past the circuit breakers. On the right side there are 3 the APU maint switch, and the Eng EEC Switches. (L and R) The EEC switches need to be on. On the left side are 9 guarded switches. I'm not really sure what the first 3 do, but the bottom 6 are for the hydraulics. They need to be on. If they are off you'll see a yellow "valve closed" warning. Your flight controls won't work without them. Also next to the ADIRU button is a guarded switch for primary flight computer, this also defaults to off. You'll get a smoother ride with it on!!

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #65 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 9:52am
Print Post  
There is a problem with the fuel system, With fuel in the left and right tanks, and both fuel pumps on, Fuel is burned only from the left fuel pump. Eventually this will cause an imbalance and the plane will become unstable (Rocking violently) I think I found a solution though. I noticed in the aircraft.cfg file in the Fuel section, the fields
number_of_tank_selectors=1 and electric_pump=1. When I set them to 2 and 0 respectively which is the same as the way they are set for the 757/767, then they the fuel system works properly. Fuel in all tanks it takes from the center first. When fuel is in the right and left tanks, they both now feed the engines equally. I've flown a few 3 hr flights since (With only left and right tanks filled.) and have had no issue. I now flying a long distance flight from KEWR to VHHH I'm still on the center tank with no fuel burned from the left and right yet (Except for .1 on the left side from when the APU was used on the ground.) which is the way it should be. There is also no difference with FMC fuel calculations before or after the change. The below screen shots show the problem before the change I made to the cfg file

fsx_2012-06-09_21-14-42-06_001.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Jerry Mrima

Africa flies VATSIM

Reply #66 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Jerry Mrima wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 11:09pm:
Markoz wrote on Jun 8th, 2012 at 3:04am:
tf51d wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 8:03pm:
Just completed a flight from Orlando to JFK, she tracked perfectly, I forgot to set Xfeed, so she became unstable after awhile because of fuel imbalance, I reset the wing tanks to equal levels and she smoothed right out. ILS approaches, don't seem to work yet, but setting up with a Star into Runway 4L set me up for a perfect manual approach, and I landed uneventfully.

PS We really need an Ace utility here, to load this puppy properly!!

Edit: I thought I had that right, the X-deed shouldn't be on. That means fuel was only being burned from one tank at a time, when both wing tanks should have been burning fuel. With all wing tank fuel pumps on which I started with both full wing tanks. after 2 hr's of flight, I had 100% in the left tank and 58% in the right. This is what caused the fuel imbalance.

Mine always feeds fuel from the Left Wing Tank to both engines and the only way I can stop it is to turn the Crossfeed Switches ON, the Right fuel pump switches ON and the Left fuel pump switches OFF. Then the Right Fuel Tank feeds both engines. As soon as I turn the Left Fuel Pump switches back ON, the left fuel tank is feeding both engines again. To stop this being a balance problem I have changed the locations in the aircraft.cfg. Like this:

[fuel]
fuel_type = 2
number_of_tank_selectors = 1
electric_pump=1
Center1 = 0, 0, -7, 26100, 100
LeftMain = 7, 0, -7, 9560, 50 //7, -38, -4, 9560, 50
RightMain = 7, 0, -7, 9560, 50 //7, 38, -4, 9560, 50

Mark

For sure I experienced this on my flight from HKJK to EGLL. Fuel burns from centre tank with all pumps on Ok, then moves to left main tank alone with all main tank pumps on. this I believe is the cause of the rocking wings for all those with that problem. Whenever LNAV or heading select cannot fly wings level check fuel imbalance. Fuel not burning from right tank at all with four main pumps on. That is definitely fixable, After balancing, the airplanes flys nice and steady all the time.

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #67 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
An update on my flight from Newark to Hong Kong  in relation to the fuel system. With 2600nm, to go she just switched from the center tank to the wing taks with .1 fuel left in the center tank. Both left and right fuel tanks are pumping fuel equally to both engines. When the switch took place there were no low pressure annunciation on the center tank switch or the EICAS. On the fuel page the flow diagram also didn't change, until I turned the center pumps off. So it appears the fuel system is working as it should (Except for the lack of warning annunciations) with the change I made to the config file. The aircraft is also handling well with no stability issues.

IP Logged

Jerry Mrima

Africa flies VATSIM

Reply #68 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
I tried the edit but I think I'm getting something wrong perhaps in the CFG file. I'll check again as soon as I land. Still burning from left only with four pumps on.....wouldn't mind some tips.....
I have to fly with crossfeed open and  alternate the left pumps on and off.

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #69 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:27pm:
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON VERSION 0.201

I did install .201 and my hydraulic switches are still "Off" when I load the KSEA flight. Please advise if normal.
Thanks,

Johan

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #70 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Jerry Mrima wrote on Jun 11th, 2012 at 8:20pm:
I tried the edit but I think I'm getting something wrong perhaps in the CFG file. I'll check again as soon as I land. Still burning from left only with four pumps on.....wouldn't mind some tips.....
I have to fly with crossfeed open and alternate the left pumps on and off.

If you made the modification correctly your fuel section should look like this.

[fuel]
fuel_type = 2
number_of_tank_selectors = 2   //Orig 1                
electric_pump=0                       // Orig 1
Center1 =   0,   0, -7, 26100, 100
LeftMain = 7, -38, -4, 9560, 50
RightMain = 7, 38, -4, 9560, 50

I just completed my flight I ended up with 56K lbs of fuel (28K per wing tank). Other things worth noting were no ILS had to fly her in manually, which was uneventful except the autobrake wouldn't release when manual braking applied. (I think this was reported already.) Otherwise the flight went rather smoothly. I do think for a 7100+nm flight and a max range for the 200ER of 7700+nm 56K is a little much to be remaining in the tanks, but then again there was no payload (Not having an ACE utility) only 100%fuel.

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #71 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 2:35am
Print Post  
My hydraulic switches are off also. I can't get them to turn on because I cannot turn the camera around to click the switch underneath. I don't have EZDOC because I don't like it. If someone has a cfg set up with it as a panel I would sure appreciate it.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #72 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 3:17am
Print Post  
Jerry Mrima wrote on Jun 11th, 2012 at 8:20pm:
I have to fly with crossfeed open and alternate the left pumps on and off.

If you edit the aircraft.cfg while you are using the aircraft, then you have to reload the aircraft to get the changes to work.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #73 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
For those of us who don't use EZDOC camera is it possible to have the panels with guarded switches put in to some sort of panel. I have tried to turn the switches on, but I can't get the switches they are guarding. LOL I guess it is do it's job.LOL That's the only issue I'm having right now. Other than that everything seems up to par as far as beta is concerned. Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #74 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
oskiatl wrote on Jun 12th, 2012 at 6:37pm:
For those of us who don't use EZDOC camera is it possible to have the panels with guarded switches put in to some sort of panel. I have tried to turn the switches on, but I can't get the switches they are guarding. LOL I guess it is do it's job.LOL That's the only issue I'm having right now. Other than that everything seems up to par as far as beta is concerned. Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!

You can still move your viewpoint without EZDOC using the CTRL and or Shift - Enter or Backspace combinations. CTRL-Space will return you to the default view angle.

Shift - Enter or backspace = Vertical axis
CTRL- Enter or backspace = Longitudinal axis
CTRL/Shift - Enter or backspace = Lateral axis

IP Logged

Imbey

Reply #75 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Osmax wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 8:45pm:
Hello-
for anyone experiencing issues regarding the hydraulics not working on other flights, and the yoke animation not working- I have found the issue. On the rear overhead, there are HYD switches which are off by default (they have switch covers). If you turn them on, everything works

Thank you Sir!

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #76 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 6:38am
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.3

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #77 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 1:58am
Print Post  
Post V0.300 Installation.

There still appears to be bugs in the fuel transfer/feed system, I wrote a small 2D panel display to accurately show tank volumes with these results!

With xFeed OFF : Right and Left Wing tanks ON : Centre Pumps OFF :
Feed from the Right. With the Left and Centre tanks feeding about 33% the rate of the Right.

With xFeed ON : Right OFF and Left ON : Centre Pumps OFF :
Feed from the Left. With the Right and Centre tanks feeding about 20% the rate of the Left

With xFeed OFF : Right and Left Wing tanks OFF : Centre Pumps ON :
Feed from the Centre Tanks. With the Right and Left tanks feeding about 20% the rate of the Centre. I'm not sure but this could be OK if under normal conditions the B777 feeds from the centre tank until near empty before feeding from the wings. --- BUT is there still a minor fuel flow from the wings with this configuration?

etc.

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Scotty J

Reply #78 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 2:04am
Print Post  
When enroute using real weather i lost all speed displays...  Having seen this before in other developers aircraft i realised somehow pitot heat was off and my readings had frozen due to ice. Should this be on permanently on in payware commercial aircraft?

IP Logged

tjh876

Reply #79 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Scotty J wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 2:04am:
When enroute using real weather i lost all speed displays... Having seen this before in other developers aircraft i realised somehow pitot heat was off and my readings had frozen due to ice. Should this be on permanently on in payware commercial aircraft?

The pitot heat should be on in any case with below-freezing temperatures outside (commercial, military, ga).

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #80 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Lost in Isaan wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 1:50am:
Post V0.300 Installation.

There still appears to be bugs in the fuel transfer/feed system, I wrote a small 2D panel display to accurately show tank volumes with these results!

Feed from the Right.  With the Left and Centre tanks feeding about 33% the rate of the Right.

Feed from the Left.  With the Right and Centre tanks feeding about 20% the rate of the Left

Feed from the Centre Tanks. With the Right and Left tanks feeding about 20% the rate of the Centre

etc.

I ran a test doing using the same settings as you have. My results are different to yours:

Feed from the Right. Left and Right tanks feed equal rate. Centre tanks not feeding at all.

Feed from the Left. Right and Centre tanks not feeding at all.

Feed from the Centre Tanks. Right and Left tanks not feeding at all.

etc.

So for me the fuel feeding is working like it should.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #81 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 4:08am
Print Post  
My fuel pumps are feeding correctly now with the .3 install.

Bruce check your aircraft.cfg file in the Fuel section it should now look like this.

[fuel]
fuel_type = 2
number_of_tank_selectors = 2                  
electric_pump=0                      
Center1 =   0,   0, -7, 26100, 100

IP Logged

Scotty J

Reply #82 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 4:59am
Print Post  
tjh876 wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:03am:
Scotty J wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 2:04am:
When enroute using real weather i lost all speed displays... Having seen this before in other developers aircraft i realised somehow pitot heat was off and my readings had frozen due to ice. Should this be on permanently on in payware commercial aircraft?

The pitot heat should be on in any case with below-freezing temperatures outside (commercial, military, ga).

I guess my point was that it somehow wasn't on and pretty sure 777`s don't have a switch like the good old  172.... had to press shift h just to get my speed display back.

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #83 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 6:04am
Print Post  
The Pitot heat is tied into the EEC switch on the back righthand overhead, which before 0.3 was defaulted off, once turned on, you shouldn't have the issue with frozen speed on the PFD. With 0.3 they should now be defaulted on, so should no longer be an issue.

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #84 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 6:09am
Print Post  
tf51d wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 4:08am:

Bruce check your aircraft.cfg file in the Fuel section it should now look like this.

[fuel]
fuel_type = 2
electric_pump=0                  
Yes it does. The 2 changes here prompted me to run the tests in the 1st place?!?! Will check to see if my fat fingers have corrupted something. Undecided

EDIT: Sorry guys My bad! Found the problem in another small diagnostic routine I had written reacting with the model *.mdl file. Deleted it! All OK now.

Regards Bruce

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #85 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Lost in Isaan wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 6:09am:

[fuel]
fuel_type = 2
electric_pump=0                  
Yes it does. The 2 changes here prompted me to run the tests in the 1st place?!?! Will check to see if my fat fingers have corrupted something. Undecided

EDIT: Sorry guys My bad! Found the problem in another small diagnostic routine I had written reacting with the model *.mdl file. Deleted it! All OK now.

No worries. I'm glad it's working correctly for you now. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Fletch

Reply #86 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 10:34am
Print Post  
FlavioSSA wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:04am:

Pvjinflight, everything is working ok. Taxi, yoke, flaps ... i had that problem too. You only have to look up in the overhead and turn on the hyd pumps. They are in the overhead behind your head. They are six in total and will be with a yellow warning light till you turn on them. Them it will all work properly.

Is it me or is there a special [easier] way to flip those "Hydro pumps", behind the overhead.
I find it hard to get the pointer to switch / flip the switches and not the covers.

Thanks for your time and help,
I am very happy with your product, even at this early stage, best 777-200 out there by far. look forward to the complete product. thanks

kind regards

Andrew Fletcher

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #87 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Fletch wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 10:34am:
FlavioSSA wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:04am:

Is it me or is there a special [easier] way to flip those "Hydro pumps", behind the overhead.
I find it hard to get the pointer to switch / flip the switches and not the covers.

Thanks for your time and help,
I am very happy with your product, even at this early stage, best 777-200 out there by far. look forward to the complete product. thanks

kind regards

Andrew Fletcher

EZDOC is the easiest but

You can still move your viewpoint without EZDOC using the CTRL and or Shift  - Enter or Backspace combinations. CTRL-Space will return you to the default view angle.

Shift - Enter or backspace = Vertical axis
CTRL- Enter or backspace = Longitudinal axis
CTRL/Shift - Enter or backspace = Lateral axis

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #88 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Fletch wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 10:34am:
Andrew Fletcher
Wow! My nickname when I was a kid up to the time I got out of the Army was "Fletch"! And my youngest sons name is Andrew. Made my eyes pop out of my head when I saw this in the forum.Roll Eyes

Sorry about off topic. Sad

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Jerry Mrima

Africa flies VATSIM

Gear not going up
Reply #89 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
First of all thank you for the pressing G key for a long time fix. There sseems to be a relation with flap position and behaviour of gear. With flaps extended gear does not go up unless you permanently have a weight on G. However when flaps are retracted pressing G raises the gear and you need not hold the key G down for very long.

IP Logged

Jerry Mrima

Africa flies VATSIM

Reply #90 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 5:55pm
Print Post  

[fuel]
fuel_type = 2
electric_pump=0                  

Fuel sequencing works well for me on version .3 no edits at all. Enroute to EGLL fuel in centre already burnt and now left and right tank balanced 3 hours into the flight.

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #91 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
People mention "..."Hydro pumps", behind the overhead...", but the only stuff 'behind' the overhead is the circuit breakers.

For the first several times when I opened the KSEA default flight, the Overhead panel allowed me to select 'ON' for all the switches that were showing 'INOP', 'FAULT', etc., but today there are several that stay with yellow error messages. Here's a screen shot:-

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/electricalhydraulic.jpg/

What has changed?

Mark Huh

Regards, Mark&&(Ex-Flt Lt 505783)&&&&&&&&System:-&&CPU:  AMD Phenom 9650 Dual-Core 2.30 Ghz&&RAM:  4 GB&&OS:  Windows 7 Pro 32-bit&&Graphics: ATi Radeon HD 5800&&

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #92 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Well, my attempt at adding a screenshot (from ImageShack) seems to have failed... Sorry about that. Roll Eyes

Regards, Mark&&(Ex-Flt Lt 505783)&&&&&&&&System:-&&CPU:  AMD Phenom 9650 Dual-Core 2.30 Ghz&&RAM:  4 GB&&OS:  Windows 7 Pro 32-bit&&Graphics: ATi Radeon HD 5800&&

IP Logged

Jerry Mrima

Africa flies VATSIM

Re: Gear not going up
Reply #93 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Jerry Mrima wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 5:32pm:
First of all thank you for the pressing G key for a long time fix. There sseems to be a relation with flap position and behaviour of gear. With flaps extended gear does not go up unless you permanently have a weight on G. However when flaps are retracted pressing G raises the gear and you need not hold the key G down for very long.

1 hour to landing FL400 gear came down by itself refused to retract completely........ Sad end to an 8 hour flight........I guess we stick to default KSEA till abit later........ Sad

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #94 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
marknixon wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 9:56pm:
People mention "..."Hydro pumps", behind the overhead...", but the only stuff 'behind' the overhead is the circuit breakers.

For the first several times when I opened the KSEA default flight, the Overhead panel allowed me to select 'ON' for all the switches that were showing 'INOP', 'FAULT', etc., but today there are several that stay with yellow error messages. Here's a screen shot:-

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/electricalhydraulic.jpg/

What has changed?

Nothings changed. Beyond the circuit breakers are guarded switches and knobs. On the right hand side there are 3 guarded switches on top One is the APU Maint switch, the other 2 are the EEC switches, they were defaulted off and needed to be turned on, With 0.3 they should now be defaulted on. On the left hand side is a set of 9 guarded switches, The top 3 I'm not sure what they are and I believe are already preset to what they should be. The bottom 6 guarded switches are for the Hydraulics and are defaulted off. (You'll see low prssure warnings.) These need to be turned on or your flight controls won't work!! Getting to these switches are not easy, and will require you to move your view position to get to them.

Mark Huh

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #95 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 11:18am
Print Post  

I note that version 0.3 was supposed to add droop to the control surfaces when hydraulics are off. I see that the flaperon and aileron on the left wing, and both elevators now do in fact droop. But the right wing still has a problem; right flaperon and aileron are left up at an angle 15 degrees or so after hydraulics are turned off.

Robin

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #96 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 1:56am
Print Post  
My first post to this forum. Have been enjoying the process of figuring out the 777 now with .3 installed. My system is average and I have to load the KSEA flight immediately on FSX startup and most things work well enough to complete a flight. Otherwise random systems don't work such as landing gear disappearing, side window open, no backup gauges. The strange thing is I get the ND course line if the other systems are out!

Here is a cockpit view to activate the hydraulic switches. Someone said these are on for them in .3. For me they are off, and the yoke is hard left on loading the KSEA flight until hydraulic switches are activated. Paste in the appropriate place in aircraft.cfg.

[CameraDefinition.006]
Title = "Hydraulics"
Guid = {3940EA1A-79AB-48D0-A790-0A05B9E6D15F}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = YES
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .8
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=0.0, 0.05, -1.00
InitialPbh=-85.0, 0, 0

Happy flying.

Ben

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #97 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Fuel System

Version .3 has the proper fuel flow except for one thing. When all the switches and crossfeed are turned off, the engines continue to run but both engines from the left tank. It would seem the engines should quit; however, I do not know how the real 777 works.

Ben

IP Logged

asanal

Reply #98 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 2:24am
Print Post  
Ben,
Thanks. Now I can clik the hydraulic switches.
Sanal Wink

IP Logged

audiohavoc

Reply #99 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Saratoga wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 2:22am:
Fuel System

Version .3 has the proper fuel flow except for one thing. When all the switches and crossfeed are turned off, the engines continue to run but both engines from the left tank. It would seem the engines should quit; however, I do not know how the real 777 works.

Ben

Not sure either, but that might be correct in that the engines run without the pumps on.  In the 737 for example, fuel is fed to the engines by gravity, the pumps are for supplemental fuel pressure if I recall correctly.

MSI P67 GD65, i7 2600K @ 5.0 Ghz, 8GB Mushkin 2133MHz memory, EVGA GTX 580, Thermalright Venomous X CPU cooler, OCZ Fatal1ty 700w PSU, 64GB Kingston V Series SSD Gen 2, 128GB Corsair M4 SSD, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #100 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 3:12am
Print Post  
audiohavoc wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 2:37am:
Saratoga wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 2:22am:
Fuel System

Ben

Not sure either, but that might be correct in that the engines run without the pumps on. In the 737 for example, fuel is fed to the engines by gravity, the pumps are for supplemental fuel pressure if I recall correctly.

That is how GA aircraft work. The electric pump is often used only for TO and landing and the rest of the time the engine pump or gravity feed fuel to the engine. However, it would seem that with crossfeed off, each 777 engine would be forced to draw from the tank on its own wing.

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #101 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 3:23am
Print Post  
Speed Brake System

I use the slider on my Saitek X52 for the speed brake on nearly all planes. This is set as an axis in the FSX control settings. On CS777 .3 the slider does not move the VC lever, but it does raise the brakes on the wings, and the brakes do have an effect. I can also drag the lever or press '/' and get speed brakes with both the VC lever and the wing brakes activating. I believe what is happening is that the speed brake axis is set up to control the wing brakes. Instead, that axis should be set up to control the VC lever.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #102 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON VERSION 0.4

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #103 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Installed .4. Getting more usable all the time. Good work.

Starting the flight. Here is the trick to starting the flight with all switches on, course showing on ND, fuel set to wing tanks and ready for takeoff. Others have mentioned this already. 1) Start FSX, 2) Load a flight available on the internet called "FSX Startup for Complex Aircraft" (FSX default flight might work too), 3) Load  "777-200 Cleared for takeoff (KSEA). No more fooling with those hydraulic switches unless you want to.

Ben

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #104 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Using .4. Authothrottles become "twitchy" in certain situations with rapid movement of the throttle.

Ben

IP Logged

lonesomepilot

Reply #105 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 9:22am
Print Post  
My flaps and yoke animations do not work at all.

I switch on all the hydraulics button on the overhead (all are on), except "Air ram turbin" button that I can't unlock ...`

please, what's wrong ?

thank you

IP Logged

Joshua.Scott

Reply #106 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
I cant even load the deafault flight Sad my fsx just comes up in a white box loading screen no background then you hear the sounds but NEVER see any scenery fsx just does not open i have run in admin just the deafault flight does not load ;(

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #107 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Joshua.Scott wrote on Jun 24th, 2012 at 12:19pm:
I cant even load the deafault flight Sad my fsx just comes up in a white box loading screen no background then you hear the sounds but NEVER see any scenery fsx just does not open i have run in admin just the deafault flight does not load ;(

When the white box disappears and you can hear the sounds, try pressing ALT+ENTER twice and see if that brings FSX back into view.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #108 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.5

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #109 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
No changes from initial release for A/C operation...

Aircraft is still unflyable in normal conditions, it's impossible to make proper reports without the landing gear retracting or having fully functional displays so i can make a complete flight.

I'll report once these are in place  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Firecapt_32

Former A&P:B52,KC135,707,72
7,737,747,DC8,DC9,L1

Reply #110 - Jul 6th, 2012 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Odd.... after V0.5 I now have retractable gear in all flights.

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #111 - Jul 6th, 2012 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
NaMcO wrote on Jul 5th, 2012 at 6:04pm:
No changes from initial release for A/C operation...

Aircraft is still unflyable in normal conditions, it's impossible to make proper reports without the landing gear retracting or having fully functional displays so i can make a complete flight.

I'll report once these are in place Embarrassed

Try after loading in your flight to reload the 777. It's worked for me 100% of the time. There is still the issue of the missing route on the ND but the plane fly's well and the AP follows the route precisely. With .05 it looks like the top rear Hydraulic switches are defaulted on so that should no longer be an issue.

IP Logged

Shabo

Reply #112 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 5:59am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:19am:

I too am having the same exact repeatable issue with trying to take off in a/t mode.  not a show stopper but a bug none the less.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #113 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 7:38am
Print Post  
Shabo. Take off without using the A/T, then once you gain enough altitude (5000+ feet AGL), slowly pull your (joystick or flight controller) throttle lever back to idle, then the A/T works fine for the rest of the flight. This works fine for me. I found that since v0.4, you can pull the trhrottle levers back to idle reasonably quickly and the A/T will push the VC throttle levers to FULL to compensate.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Shabo

Reply #114 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Markoz, I appreciate the help.  I know I can take off without autothrottle.  Thats not the point the point is that it doesn't work as it should.... According to the actual 777 manual, pilots should be able to use TOGA.  Which we, at this stage, can not use correctly.   My Vnav and autothrottle work just fine, when I don't have weight on wheels,just the TOGA isnt working as it should.

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #115 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Now I can usually get .5 to load the KSEA flight correctly with the systems and gauges working properly. However, any changes will lead to losing either the Nav display or the yoke hard over. Then I have to reload the FSX Safe Flight once or twice before the 777 will work properly again.

Ben

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #116 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 8:25am
Print Post  
Some comments on systems:
1. Autothrottle holds a minimum N1 of 40%. This is not low enough to slow the plane. This should be 32%.
2. Autothrottle should ignore the position of the joystick. Instead, it will not bring the power below where the joystick throttle is set.
3. Takeoffs are unpleasant when switching to autothrottle. Usually the throttles drop to idle before slowly climbing back up, leading to dangerous airspeeds.
4. Spoilers are simply not effective.
5. Gear will not extend until 225 knots. The placard says they should extend at 270 knots. This problem started with .5.
6. In flight, when using speed brakes, the inboard spoilers should rise 15 degrees. Instead they are not moving at all.
7. Spoilers 4 and 11 should not deploy in flight unless max spoilers are being used.
8. Still no autothrottle limit on thrust while climbing on VNAV. Instead A/T will run at full throttle.
9. Spoiler slider on joystick only operates external spoilers but not the spoiler lever.

Ben

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #117 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.6

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #118 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 1:37am
Print Post  
Now the debug mode has been lifted it's great to be able to save a flight in any situation and have it reboot and continue as saved.

As far as I'm concerned progress is not only seen to be happening but actually is. CS, your doing a great job. Smiley

Regards Bruce

IP Logged

AirNewZealand_A320

Reply #119 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:56am
Print Post  
I am on 0.6 and yet still, the landing gear and correct loading of systems do not work.  What could possibly help?

Regards,
Brendan.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #120 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 4:16am
Print Post  
AirNewZealand_A320 wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:56am:
I am on 0.6 and yet still, the landing gear and correct loading of systems do not work. What could possibly help?

Regards,
Brendan.

I had something similar happen, so I uninstalled v0.5/v0.6, deleted the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200_GE and \CS_B777-200_PW folders AND the Captain_Sim\777 folder. Rebooted my computer. Installed v0.5. Rebooted computer. Installed v0.6. Rebooted computer. It works fine now, but I find that sometimes the Hydraulics are switched off on the O/H panel behind the F/O seat. Turn them on an it works fine.

On my current flight, the RAT is deployed. Not sure why, but I can't raise it until I land now. Sad

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #121 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 4:16am:
On my current flight, the RAT is deployed. Not sure why, but I can't raise it until I land now. Sad

Had that happen once only on the 2nd reload of a flight in mid progress. Was not able to retract it. Stopped the flight, rebooted FSX and reloaded.

RAT is still behaving itself Undecided.

Regards Bruce

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #122 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 4:49am
Print Post  
My suspicion is that I lost power sometime before takeoff and it dropped down then. I never looked at the exterior view until after takeoff, becaue on my previous flight my landing gear would not retract, so I took a look to see if they were retracted.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Jack Vogel

Reply #123 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 7:26am
Print Post  
I have uninstalled, made sure directories were deleted. Then
installed .5 and .6, rebooted... And although things look WAY
better than they ever have, getting close, but I still can't
get the landing gear to retract  Cry

Its not the hydraulics because other control surfaces are
working. The thing is flying great, LNAV and VNAV look
like they work, if I could just get the gear up this thing
might actually qualify to do a full flight on it... help?

Jack F Vogel  -  Delta Virtual Airlines&&      

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Re: SYSTEMS (OTHER THAN FMC AND DISPLAYS)
Reply #124 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 11:49am
Print Post  
I did the same, uninstalled everything, reinstalled, and the aircraft still behaves like on day 1. Landing gear doesn't retract, i cannot enter the parking gate position into the IRS alignment page (invalid entry) and many more issues.

Like this i cannot report anything as the aircraft is unflyable. There must be initialization issues or something, i purchased a lot of addon aircraft for FSX and none behaves like this, even CS's own aircraft.

Make it initialize properly, make it show stuff on the ND and PFD and then it'll be usable for testing. If you ask me, it is wonderful that CS is doing this with the T7, but they released it too early...  Embarrassed

I'll be back when it's flyable, meanwhile i'll be on the 767  Sad

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #125 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Nuno,I feel your pain.There seem to be still many iconsistencies,and I think it is very frustrating to fly this bird at this stage.I don't know if it is due to different operating systems or hardware,or anti-piracy protection,but,like you I have to go fly something else for a while,sigh!!!.I guess one day it will all be sorted.
Sad Sad
Ron

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #126 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
The last issue i had was exactly the copy protection. I purchased the product and i get constantly annoyed by the gear disappearing or systems not working. Isn't it about time to rethink the copy protection or how sensitive it is? It annoys more than it protects and that's not good.

Please excuse me for this offtopic, but these are valid points and should be addressed to make everyone happy.

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #127 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
[quote author=Markoz link=1338411567/120#120 date=1342239387
On my current flight, the RAT is deployed. Not sure why, but I can't raise it until I land now. Sad [/quote]

On my last flight (VTBS-WSSS) RAT was also deployed after takeoff. I know it was up until just before pushback at least (last time I looked outside on ground). I know I did fiddle with the animation for the RAT at the gate (to see if it would deploy - would not) so maybe this initiated deployment after takeoff (is deployment normally inhibited on the ground?)

Animations panel showed the RAT item in green after takeoff, and there was no way to get it back up by clicking on the RAT button in the animations window.

Will see if it does this again without playing with the animation next time around.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #128 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
geolpilot wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 4:18pm:
On my last flight (VTBS-WSSS) RAT was also deployed after takeoff. I know it was up until just before pushback at least (last time I looked outside on ground). I know I did fiddle with the animation for the RAT at the gate (to see if it would deploy - would not) so maybe this initiated deployment after takeoff (is deployment normally inhibited on the ground?)

Animations panel showed the RAT item in green after takeoff, and there was no way to get it back up by clicking on the RAT button in the animations window.

Will see if it does this again without playing with the animation next time around.

Interesting. I'm about to do another flight to see if it happens again as well.

The deployment of the RAT using the Animation Panel (and using the switch on the overhead panel) works on the ground AND in the air. Putting it back ONLY works on the ground using the animation panel. Unfortunately. I have not tried the switch on the overhead panel for putting it away when on the ground yet (another thing I need to try on my next flight). Sad

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Ed Kammerman

Reply #129 - Jul 15th, 2012 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Hey Mark,
I've been having the same problems as a lot of others, especially with the landing gear not retracting. I've gone through the whole 9 yards with uninstalling, removing folders, reinstalling and rebooting, with no luck. I tried doing a flight from SEA to SFO. The gear wouldn't retract and LNAV and VNAV didn't work either. BTW this wasn't the KSEA to KSFO rfto. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my Norton IS, but you would figure by being more than halfway to Ver 1.0 these things and working displays and switches including lights would be worked out. BTW a little off topic. Strobes and beacons should be brighter. No I don,t want a refund just a common sense working aircraft

Ed

IP Logged

froggy

Reply #130 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Guys, what is the correct procedure for the engine electrical drives?

The other day I loaded up a KLM flight from EHAM, and while mucking with the OH panel, turned off the engine 2 gen, then couldn't get it restarted.

IP Logged

CaptainAmerica

Reply #131 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 9:09am
Print Post  
I thought that SP 0.5 & SP 0.6 would fix some of the problems but still I am facing old same problems;
A) Control Surfaces - Loading the KSEA flight after firstly installing Service Pack 0.5 seem to fix the controlling issue. INDEED IT WAS FIXING THE CONTROL PROBLEM BUT ONLY FOR THE FIRST TIME AFTER FIRST INSTALLATION. Loading the KSEA flight again created the old same problem; Jammed Control Column, Jammed Flaps, Jammed Ailerons, Jammed Elevator and Jammed Rudder (See Attached Photo). Also, the CDU that had all data inserted alongside the projected flying route on the first loading was losing all data on the second loading, once the described problems come back. Also, Service Pack 0.6 was doing the same thing; all problems are fixed on the first time loading but then they come back on the second time loading, hence something is indeed wrong that cause problems to occur still and they are not being fixed.
B) Lights - Turning on the light switches make no difference, it hence that none of the light switches really command any of the light that the switch is supposed to be controlling.

B777_001.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

oskiatl

Re: SYSTEMS (OTHER THAN FMC AND DISPLAYS)
Reply #132 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
NaMcO wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 11:49am:
I did the same, uninstalled everything, reinstalled, and the aircraft still behaves like on day 1. Landing gear doesn't retract, i cannot enter the parking gate position into the IRS alignment page (invalid entry) and many more issues.

Like this i cannot report anything as the aircraft is unflyable. There must be initialization issues or something, i purchased a lot of addon aircraft for FSX and none behaves like this, even CS's own aircraft.

Make it initialize properly, make it show stuff on the ND and PFD and then it'll be usable for testing. If you ask me, it is wonderful that CS is doing this with the T7, but they released it too early... Embarrassed

I'll be back when it's flyable, meanwhile i'll be on the 767 Sad

I have been having the same problem with the initialization myself I cannot enter the inertial position no matter how many times I toggle ADIRU over and over again, I with Nuno I', flying 767 myself until it is flyable.

IP Logged

asanal

Reply #133 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
0.6 patch, you have to go to SIX hydraulic switches and turn them on.

IP Logged

Firecapt_32

Former A&P:B52,KC135,707,72
7,737,747,DC8,DC9,L1

Reply #134 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Please either default the hydraulic cutoff switches to the "on" position or add a view that makes them more accessible.

IP Logged

braced

Reply #135 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
This is a blast to fly! It is quite a challenge to figure out especially without a book for the FMS. These are the minor issues I have noticed so far:
1. The spoilers are ineffective. This thing is a beast to slow in a decent!
2. No noticeable navigation displayed on the MFD during ILS approaches.
3. When you add a payload the nose wheel sinks into the ground and even buries the nose chocks.
4. A/P does not engage or worse, disengage with the flight sim command. Have to use mouse, go to A/P and click disconnect. Needs to be synced with FSX so all of us who spent $$ on hardware IE. Yokes, throttles etc can fly it as intended! For those of us who use Saitek light switch panel, this plane actually works with it! yea! A first for a CS product! Hope that stays and doesn't get changed.
5. Same with the Auto Throttle command. See #4.
6. Numerous switches (lights) that have already been discussed.
7. Airline call signs. For ATC to call out the correct airline, it's "American" not "American Airlines". Easy to fix in the aircraft.cfg but we're on 0.6 now and it's still the same!

I do realize that this is in beta mode and do hope that these issues will be addressed before the final release. It's looking great so far!

707, 727, 737, 757, 777

IP Logged

Zeus

Carpe Diem!

Reply #136 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
At about 23,000 I lost all airspeed indicator function and the vnav started to shake the aircraft like a violent vibration.  Angry

Is this a pitot tube failure? and if so, where are the valves! Someone please respond

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #137 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
I have this problem on approaches where the aircraft starts swaying from right to left, the same as my CS767, I don't know whether it's my computer and the software conflicting or what,but it only happens with CS products I have screen shots to show. Also I noticed on decent my throttles increase to 100% instead of idle on decent, am I the only one having this issue or are there others. I tried to post the screen shots but for some reason my FSX only saves the shots as BMP, and I don't know how to change the format.

IP Logged

cantland

Reply #138 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Never had a problem with loss of the airspeed indicator. I can't find any controls for pitot heat in the cockpit. Given the altitudes these jets operate at, pitot heat might be an automatic function unlike smaller GA aircraft where it's turned on manually when needed.

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #139 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Still too many 'bugs' in this B777 to make it fun to fly.

On my last attempt, the FMC didn't control the descent into LIRF resulting in a) much too fast and b) far too high. When I tried to revert to manual control, the aircraft pitched up and went into an unrecoverable stall... Sad

I've decided to give the CS 777-200 a rest until they release v.1.00. Meanwhile, I'll keep checking this forum with my fingers crossed. Grin

IP Logged

Ed Kammerman

Reply #140 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Hi,
Any idea on when the landing gear issue will be resolved, or does anybody have any suggestions other than wait? Smiley

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #141 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Ed Kammerman wrote on Jul 25th, 2012 at 7:22pm:
Hi,
Any idea on when the landing gear issue will be resolved, or does anybody have any suggestions other than wait? Smiley

Try following the steps provided by asanal here: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1338411771/143#143. It works for me. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

froggy

Reply #142 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 5:34am
Print Post  
What is the go with panel state saving on the 777?

Will it be possible, or will it have problems reloading like the 757-767 series?

IP Logged

MarcoCessna

Reply #143 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Hello together,

I seem still to have some issues with the Boeing 777.

My lights do not work, I have to "push" L and flying with all lights on does not make it feel real.
My frames for some reason are suffering more then other add-ons I have.
I assume that on the ND the way points have no time or accurate information to sow like time ...
On 1 delivery the United when I departure the gear does not retract. Any idea how to fix this?

&&

IP Logged

KAPTEJNLN

Reply #144 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:02am
Print Post  
well i realy hope there would be a fix of the airspeed indicator goeing to 0... the wired thing is that when it happens you normaly are able to se the speed by pressing shift+Z or was it Ctrl+Z nevermind it for a wired reason shows 0 kias as well just wouldering how it can affect the sim it self to show 0. as it is quite hard to fly whitout airspeed indicator thats are working..

+ the landing gear the methot mentioned in here works but is not as it should be...

IP Logged

Zeus

Carpe Diem!

Reply #145 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
KAPTEJNLN wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:02am:
well i realy hope there would be a fix of the airspeed indicator goeing to 0... the wired thing is that when it happens you normaly are able to se the speed by pressing shift+Z or was it Ctrl+Z nevermind it for a wired reason shows 0 kias as well just wouldering how it can affect the sim it self to show 0. as it is quite hard to fly whitout airspeed indicator thats are working..

+ the landing gear the methot mentioned in here works but is not as it should be...

I fixed it. Basically look on the overhead and make sure the EEC switches are on, as the pitot tube heat is tied into the EEC system, and you need it when flying at high altitudes. It won't illuminate as it should in RW, but I guess CS is fixing it. On the overhead it says EEC.

IP Logged

KAPTEJNLN

Reply #146 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I fixed it. Basically look on the overhead and make sure the EEC switches are on, as the pitot tube heat is tied into the EEC system, and you need it when flying at high altitudes. It won't illuminate as it should in RW, but I guess CS is fixing it. On the overhead it says EEC.

well i have all switches on eaven tryeid turn them off the on again it makes no difference.. by the way it isent at high altitudes it happens at differet altitude levels even at 6000ft it just happend... as iceing can be at any level... i even tryeid to take the c172 pannel whit the switches into the plane and switch systems on from there but it wasent posible as some of the things are blocked by the aircraft config file as it uses different varables then the default planes does EX 737.. just wired that the C172 works for fixing the landing gear problem like there is multiply things that block eatch other and ther for might be forced on when starting whit another plane as if your in the 777 and tryeis to turn on pitot heat it just dosent move the switch as other switches are able to se working but it is blocked...

IP Logged

tjh876

Reply #147 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
I thought I'd put this in here, sorry to the mods if this is in the wrong spot.

I found myself gaining increased interest in using the EFB, and I noticed one thing that does make it a little annoying and unorganized, this being how different airport charts are together. I was hoping that possibly sub folders for corresponding airports could be added , so like under Airport, I can have folders like EGLL, KSFO, KJFK, etc, and in there would be the charts. I think this will make using the EFB much easier, and make it much more organized. I would rather go through a few levels of folders, instead of many different charts.

Thanks,
Tom

IP Logged

KAPTEJNLN

Reply #148 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
well about the EFB i it seems to be posible to insert 3 folder at the moment but im not posting how directly to do as it depends on captainsims plans but it could be there forthey left a few boxes... but here on the picture you se departure airport arrival and alternate airport... that could be a nice feauture but again limited. a chance to open a sub folder and then select from all your airport folders whitch one you would use for departure and arr and alternate could be nicer but not sure if it could work that way as i think another way should be taken to select when starting the EFB so they were set when you go to the page so they are set...

But i think it mabe should have been postedin: 777 Captain - wish list
but i dont know..

demo.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #149 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
marknixon wrote on Jul 20th, 2012 at 7:16pm:
Still too many 'bugs' in this B777 to make it fun to fly.

On my last attempt, the FMC didn't control the descent into LIRF resulting in a) much too fast and b) far too high. When I tried to revert to manual control, the aircraft pitched up and went into an unrecoverable stall... Sad

I've decided to give the CS 777-200 a rest until they release v.1.00. Meanwhile, I'll keep checking this forum with my fingers crossed. Grin

I am having the same problem, glad to see it's not just me with that problem.

IP Logged

Jerry Mrima

Africa flies VATSIM

Reply #150 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
KAPTEJNLN wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:02am:

+ the landing gear the methot mentioned in here works but is not as it
should be...

I think this should fix it. FSX command to turn pitot heat on is SHIFT + H. Press this and the IAS will now be read from your airplane......

Worked for me, VNAV now holds ECON speeds, I can now get fmc fuel predictions.

Started at 23000ft, ASI showed 30 and aircraft was overspending with VNAV. Pressing shift Z also shows zero for IAS. It's an instrument problem caused by no heating on the pitot tubes. After selecting 172 if you forget to turn pitot heat on, on Cs777 just press SHIFT+H

Smiley

IP Logged

KAPTEJNLN

Reply #151 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
well i had to try this for a while and yes ofcause it is the pitot that like in the realworld makes problems i think all knows but this dident help as you never forget to select the c172 as that fixes the problem whit the landing gear so it is on els landing gear does not retract but i tryeid to pres shift+h as it could be by giving direct comand would help and in the first place i was about to say it worked by manualy press but today i got the 0 again so it seems to be under some condisions i dont know as in the area it happend ther should be no ice in the air

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #152 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON VERSION 0.7

IP Logged

Fawii

Reply #153 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Hello everyone. PLZ help me with my issue.
I've downloaded the update csx772_0700, but my plane still have problems with it's landing gear and RAT.

Problem1: The landing gear doesn't go up.

Problem2:  The RAT is allways Unlocked and open when airborn.

Do you have any idea or similar issue? PLZ help !!! Smiley

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #154 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Fawii wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 12:53am:
Hello everyone. PLZ help me with my issue.
I've downloaded the update csx772_0700, but my plane still have problems with it's landing gear and RAT.

Problem1: The landing gear doesn't go up.

Problem2: The RAT is allways Unlocked and open when airborn.

Do you have any idea or similar issue? PLZ help !!! Smiley

answer to number 1 here:http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1342255254

number 2 i have no answer for, it still happens to me too. Cry

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #155 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 8:05am
Print Post  
So I think this would go under this category, when above transition altitude(18000) when i push the 'STD" button on the EFIS the altimeter setting does not change or indicate "STD" on the PFD.

IP Logged

mkma

Reply #156 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Hello,

APU starting open APU Intake and Cowling
After TakeOff RAT is open
Engine startup work only with Ctrl+E

IP Logged

Rob Johnston

Reply #157 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Not sure if this is where I post this problem. I cannot raise the landing gear. I am on Version 07. Hydraulics are all on. Also, Ram Air is off and when airborne, shows unlacked. Unable to correct this.

Rob Johnston

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #158 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Sorry, I can't help you with that as mine does it too.

I can't help you with this either. Again. Mine does it too.

Use SHIFT+F4 to allow fuel to flow through to the engines. You could avoid having to press SHIFT+F4 by making sure that the Mixture Lever in your default flight is ON (100%).

Not sure if this is where I post this problem. I cannot raise the landing gear. I am on Version 07. Hydraulics are all on. Also, Ram Air is off and when airborne, shows unlacked. Unable to correct this.
1) I started the 777-200 Cleared for takeoff (KSEA).
2) Turned everything off therefore making it a cold-n-dark setting (don't forget to turn the parking brake on).
3) Saved the flight.
Now I start with that flight, move the aircraft wherever I want, start it up and fly. I still get the RAT deploying though, but I still fly it.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

mkma

Reply #159 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Thank you Mark for tips for mixture lever Wink

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #160 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 7:27am
Print Post  
mkma wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 1:44pm:
Hello,

I still find with the 0.7 that I can stop the RAT deployment after takeoff and get normal engine startup by;

-first loading the C172 at my start position,
-switching on the battery, magnetos, avionics and starting up the engine (guess this also sets the mixture / fuel flow on as Markoz suggests)
-then load the 777. Once she loads;
-turn off the fuel flow switches (777 engines will not be running)
- apply electrical power, either ground or startup the APU before doing anything else.
- only once have power turn on the six aft hydraulic switches (right at back of overhead panel).

If at any time in the above flow the unlocked light goes on for the RAT, that's it, it will deploy on takeoff. But if you follow the above that light should stay off and you are good to go.

This is not a new procedure - others have suggested it. Just repeating it for the benefit of those who still are battling to enjoy a flight without these issues.

Seems to me there is some system logic issue here; power off = hydraulic failure i.e. no power to the C1 and C2 elect hyd pumps = deploy RAT. Therefore cannot load the 777 cold-and-dark, since that power-off state is detected as a power system failure and triggers the RAT. Just try this; when shutting down at the end of a flight, with backup power (ground or APU still applied), just click one of the C1/C2 elec hyd pump switches to off, and the RAT will unlock. Should not happen on powering down at the gate.

Need to include some "if on the ground its OK to go to power off  / hyd. pumps off state" logic methinks.

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #161 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Cannot find any mention of this issue elsewhere, but the chronometer needs looking into.

The GMT time is not as it should be (as set in the Sim), and hour digits randomly keep drop. For eg I am now flying with real time weather, Sim is set to real time (13:49 GMT) but clock is reading 5:43.

Likewise the ET-CHR counts up the minutes OK but then starts dropping the hour digits on flights over an hour length.

IP Logged

Rob Johnston

Reply #162 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Was able to raise landing gear. I never noticed the upper hydraulic panel. However, it was very difficult to access. Would be nice if there was a pop up panel for this area. Still have the Ram issue, however.

Rob

IP Logged

anwargp

Reply #163 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
I had version 0.7 of B772.
Having the hydralic pumps on I am unable to retract the landing gear by puling the landing gear stick, by pressing G or CTRL+G on the keyboard.
Please I would appresiate advise, Thank you Sad

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #164 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 1:24am
Print Post  
I have the same problems as geopilot with the chronometer.

IP Logged

froggy

Reply #165 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 11:09am
Print Post  
I notice this with my install of 0.7; If I get the hydraulic switch issue, the RAT & gear problems go away, and vice versa.

1.x will have these fixed , so that anyone can point & shoot without doing the default flight thingy, right?

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing, I'm
going !

Reply #166 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Right now, the lightning system is very poor in term of realism...

Id like to see more lightning possibilities like progressive mode for both Flood and Instrument lights...

right now, we just have ONE more without any progressive mode.

I know it's still beta but now with the 0.7 which is close to the 1.0... I'm a bit worried.

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

Knightstalker

Reply #167 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Will we be able to add charts to the EFB

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team