Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 INTERIOR MODELS (VC) & TEXTURES (Read 116941 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

INTERIOR MODELS (VC) & TEXTURES
May 30th, 2012 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Please note - systems debug mode has been removed. Feel free to select any livery or aircraft variation, to reload the 777, to select/save another flight.

IP Logged

LukeP

Re: INTERIOR MODELS (VC) & TEXTURES
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
The VC Textures need to be a tad bit darker in my eyes. A cleaner wing would be good too!

EDIT: If you could make the MCP and all around the PFD etc the same colour as the overhead then that would be great!

The VC color is perfectly correct. Moreover the MCP and the overhead are of the same color. It's just FSX light engine. If you turn the aircraft against the sun the color will get a lot darker. If you set DirectX 10 it will get even more darker. Believe me all that tested hundreds of times.

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Agreed on a bit darker texturing. As for the wings i like them, but this is a personal opinion.

IP Logged

LukeP

Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:20am
Print Post  
LIGHTING:

Please please, please make an option to just illuminate the switches to the green/lime colour rather than having to have the whole panels lit up bright yellow. They should be independent switches. I believe it should only light up like that with the "STORM" light on. Having just the switches lit up is a lot better for me personally Airborne so being able to choose between lighting the whole Flight Deck up or just the switches would be great!

IP Logged

LukeP

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Very sorry if this is the wrong Topic but the switch highlighted does not turn like the other one.

Switch_not_turning.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
LukeP wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:44pm:
Very sorry if this is the wrong Topic but the switch highlighted does not turn like the other one.

+1

The FLIGHT DECK TEMP knob requires the mouse wheel to move it up or down, whereas the CABIN TEMP knob requires a Right or Left Mouse Button click to move it.

I would like to see them both using the Right or Left Mouse Button click to move them. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1x2TB SSHD, 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.2
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.2

IP Logged

LukeP

Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
The backlighting on the panels needs to be darker. The panels by the MCP and behind the PFD etc need to be the same colour as the Overhead panel. The overhead panel's textures are pretty much bang on so it will be better if you can make it the same colour.

I put together two photos, the one with the Tick is the lighting you've already put in. The one with the X is the one I'd love that is not currently in there. I think it could be a rather easy tweak in the CFG no? The difference is, one only has the light behind the EICAS etc which isn't that bright and just all the switches illuminated.

Untitled-1_001.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

LukeP

Reply #7 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Here's the only lighting currently in..

lighting1.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
LukeP wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 7:40pm:

Please read the LIGHTING section of the manual.

And it's not the NIGHT on your screenshot so you got FSX sun in the cockpit and probably the DOME lights are on as well.

This is how it supposed to look. And I must say it looks very nice and realistic:

IP Logged

LukeP

Reply #9 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 7:51pm:
LukeP wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 7:40pm:

Please read the LIGHTING section of the manual.

And it's not the NIGHT on your screenshot so you got FSX sun in the cockpit and probably the DOME lights are on as well.

This is how it supposed to look. And I must say it looks very nice and realistic:
http://www.captainsim.com/products/x777/img/screenshots/v777_33.jpg

Ah I see now, it's just not as dark. As I said, I personally think the back panel lighting needs to be darker. (The Green/Lime lights are perfect!) Along with the textures themselves around the MCP, ECIAS need to be changed the the colour of the Overhead panel as that colour is perfect!

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
I think the current lighting in the 777 is great. Not too bright, but not too dark either. But then I also don't care if it is a bit brighter than in a real 777.

Well that's my 2 bobs worth on the lighting. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1x2TB SSHD, 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.2
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.2

IP Logged

jimmynes

Reply #11 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
We need an option to turn off the
glareshield and mcp lighting separate from
the backround green lighting

AIM  
IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #12 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
jimmynes wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:29pm:
We need an option to turn off the
glareshield and mcp lighting separate from
the backround green lighting

Not a problem, but that separation will take another set of textures for all surfaces that have the green. Such a waste of video resources. It's hardly gonna hapen before the 1.0.

IP Logged

jimmynes

Reply #13 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Whatever. I don't mind really.
Nice to see it implemented some time.
Stunning looking cockpit by the way.
Work was really put into this one!

AIM  
IP Logged

Fuchs

Reply #14 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Hey !
Is it normal that I have poor performance in VC (~18fps) with the 777?
with same settings and situation I have ~30fps with the NGX & MD-11
Thanks for this beautiful add-on, so I really hope you give the maximum to finish this one not like the 757...

++
Fuchs

Core i7 920 4.5Ghz Watercooled / Asus Rampage II Gene / GTX670 / SSD OCZ Agility 3 120Go / 6Go Corsair XMS3 / FFB2 / G940 / Tir 5 / etc, etc, etc...

IP Logged

kevin777lover

Reply #15 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Hi, in my version, no beacon , no strobes, wings lights, logo lights, nav lights, landing lights and taxi lights.. not working... and on lights switches ther is no the ON/OFF indication.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #16 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:24am
Print Post  
The switches do not work for the exterior lights, only the lights in the VC. I turn all the lights on (the default is the "L" key), then I turn the Landing Lights OFF using the default CTRL+L keys. I don't worry about lights being ON or OFF in the wrong places at the moment. I'll worry about them when they are tied in with the switches in the VC. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #17 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but I have the Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant and I have the third axis set to the spoiler/speed break. Whenever I move it like I would a real one, the spoilers do deploy, but in the VC the animation does not work. It works when I drag it or hit the "/" command (the default FSX command for spoiler). My method works with all other CS products so I was wondering if there could be some kind of fix for this.

Thanks

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #18 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
packers101 wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 9:31pm:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but I have the Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant and I have the third axis set to the spoiler/speed break. Whenever I move it like I would a real one, the spoilers do deploy, but in the VC the animation does not work. It works when I drag it or hit the "/" command (the default FSX command for spoiler). My method works with all other CS products so I was wondering if there could be some kind of fix for this.

Thanks

I have found this also, I can pull the lever down and only get "armed" or full on nothing in between.

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #19 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 9:04am
Print Post  
The VC night pictures showed on the website are all with Light Bloom ON, which kills FPS a lot. I tested at UK2000 EGKK scenery, with Light Bloom ON I got 17fps, with Ligh Bloom OFF I got 24fps with my 4,6GHZ PC. I made two picture to show the visual difference. I think CS should concentrate on haveing nice VC night effect without Light Bloom. The panel backlights are all too bright. During night landing only the buttons and switches should be illuminated or the brigness of the backlighst should be adjustable. I think that the VC night light is worse than in case of CS767, although there are several years between the two add-ons. AirbusX has also better VC night lights, thus I hope as a CS fan, it will be improved towards the 1.0 version.

CS777.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #20 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Here is the picture with Light Bloom OFF

Do not need the bloom? Turn it OFF in FSX menu

CS777no_bloom.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #21 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 9:22am
Print Post  
It should look like this, when there is no, or just a little backlight.

We already know you preffer this kind of night lighting (tho it's a day on the pix BTW  Wink

But if you check airlirnes.net you'll see that 9 out of 10 night shot have the glareshield flood lights ON like this: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-France/Boeing-777-328-ER/1506104/L/&sid=a47e6...

So we are not going to change that.
There is a chance will add the separate green later.

777_001.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #22 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Keep in mind that this is only the 0.2 beta release. Check page 1 and CS said that 3 stage night lighting will hardly be out by 1.0 so yeah just do some daytime flights if you arent too happy  Wink

Oh no, the beta thing doesnt work here Smiley All visuals are DONE already.
But there's A CHANCE we'll add the separate green later.

IP Logged

nomax1955

Reply #23 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
with Light Bloom OFF

Ah, Much better IMO

Lt.Peter wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 9:05am:
Here is the picture with Light Bloom OFF

IP Logged

Fuchs

Reply #24 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Lt.Peter wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 9:04am:
I tested at UK2000 EGKK scenery, with Light Bloom ON I got 17fps, with Ligh Bloom OFF I got 24fps with my 4,6GHZ PC.

24 fps with a 4.6Ghz is very low!
I bet this is because this release is a beta so CS's team can confirm that the optimisation of this model is not finished?

thanks a lot!

Core i7 920 4.5Ghz Watercooled / Asus Rampage II Gene / GTX670 / SSD OCZ Agility 3 120Go / 6Go Corsair XMS3 / FFB2 / G940 / Tir 5 / etc, etc, etc...

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #25 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
I did not say that the bloom effect should be removed, I just said that although it looks very nice it is not possible (at least on my PC at 4.6GHz) to fly the B777 with bloom effect ON, since it kills pfs a lot. Without bloom effect the glareshield flood lights does not look so nice, maybe they should be a bit brighter, but as far as I know on the new B777 they are made from LED, this is would be good if it looks like LED. To be honest, without the bloom effect for me it is very difficult to tell the difference if the glareshield flood lights are ON or OFF, only its color becomes a bit lighter.

I tested the aircraft in different locations and in different liveries, and NO problem at all, with loosing the landing gears or the systems. I had that problem before, but a reinstall solved it. Now I can fly with it anywhere, in any liveries.

IP Logged

LB777

Reply #26 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Personally I think the lighting should be a bit more orange, you could say warmer... but it already looks very good  Smiley

Here's a comparison

Ahaaaa.... This is how the pit supposed to look like!!! Thanks a lot!  Cheesy
Jokes aside, we've seen thousands of pix and many hours of the 777 video. Plus the real thing.   
We could show a 1000 pix with 1000 different color shades.
We have done the one we consider to be the most realistic.

Real_-_FSX_Night_VC.gif (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #27 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Dear Captain Sim,

please take a look at these two videos, you can see that there is a possibility the decrease the brightness of the backlight, which is very useful during night flights. What we have at the moment should be adjustable. In real the backlights are very often being reduced in order not to stress human eyes during several hours of flights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8uZ33axXpo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x_JyIp3ajU

Peter

Peter,
we answered this question yesterday. No need to repeat. The answer is still the same.  Wink

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #28 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
I made some pictures to show the two different backlights of the other aircraft, and also a picture of my favourite aircraft the CS767.

I think that if you compare these pictures to the existing VC backlight of the 777, you will see what I am talking about:-)

We know how the others lighting looks and works, and believe it or not we know how CS 767 looks like  Wink
Again, we are aware of your personal prefferences and we've answered your question already. With all due respect all further bumps will deleted with no coments.

CS767_001.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #29 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON VERSION 0.201

IP Logged

jimmynes

Reply #30 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 3:11am
Print Post  
I know you've finished discussing the lights but
what is the point of having the flood lights
if the glareshield is lit with or without them.
This day and age the aircraft should have proper cockpit lighting.

AIM  
IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #31 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 6:29am
Print Post  
Roger. I will skip this issue, it is your product I am just a customer who was willing to pay for an unfinished product in order to share my view to make it better. If you think that in 2012 that is the right type of backlights in FSX, than so be it.

We think functional WX radar is way more important in 2012 than some fancy lighting  
Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #32 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 7:32am
Print Post  
I really like the night lighting in the 777 as it is now. I do not want it looking like the night lighting in the 757 v4.6 or 767 v1.5, that's too dark.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #33 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 1:10am
Print Post  
This also goes along with my earlier post about not seeing the speedbrake moving in the VC with the command from my joystick, but the trim does not work either- I have it assigned to two buttons on my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke.

Obviously I am aware that these are minor issues and I don't expect them to be fixed before the 1.0 release, but I just wanted to let you guys know.

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #34 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 1:57am
Print Post  
packers101 wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 1:10am:
This also goes along with my earlier post about not seeing the speedbrake moving in the VC with the command from my joystick, but the trim does not work either- I have it assigned to two buttons on my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke.

I may be wrong about this but the 777 being a FBW aircraft, shouldn't the trim be handled by the flight computers like the Airbus system? I got to do some reading on this!

Ok I read a few articles on this, You would only set trim on the ground for takeoff. In the air the flight control computer will handle it  automatically.  Whatever you set pitch or bank angle, it should maintain it, just like the Airbus system, except it doesn't have the protection systems the Airbus systems do.

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #35 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
tf51d wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 1:57am:
packers101 wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 1:10am:

I may be wrong about this but the 777 being a FBW aircraft, shouldn't the trim be handled by the flight computers like the Airbus system? I got to do some reading on this!

Ok I read a few articles on this, You would only set trim on the ground for takeoff. In the air the flight control computer will handle it  automatically.  Whatever you set pitch or bank angle, it should maintain it, just like the Airbus system, except it doesn't have the protection systems the Airbus systems do.

Well I mean the actual animation in the VC is the issue, not the system or anything. It moves when I click and drag it, but not with a command from my joystick.

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

deltaboy1996

Reply #36 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:50am
Print Post  
whenever i click buttons on the Overhead, the buttons are clickable but when i click them they do not say on or Fault or anything just stays a black square that looks like it was pushed in. and i am unable to turn Exterior lights on through the VC i have to press L or SHIFT + L, ETC. Also when i click Traffic or click WXR, WPT or other buttons that show stuff on the MFD. none do anything. the MFD is no longer Blank when i load a flight plan and switch to MAP mode but it is not a solid pink line. it is a dotted white line with the pink line below. Also the PFD is a little to bright, Real world 777 PFD is a darker Blue and darker Brown. The Autopilot works on the plane but there is no flight Director on the PFD.

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #37 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 3:00am
Print Post  
deltaboy1996 wrote on Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:50am:
whenever i click buttons on the Overhead, the buttons are clickable but when i click them they do not say on or Fault or anything just stays a black square that looks like it was pushed in. and i am unable to turn Exterior lights on through the VC i have to press L or SHIFT + L, ETC. Also when i click Traffic or click WXR, WPT or other buttons that show stuff on the MFD. none do anything. the MFD is no longer Blank when i load a flight plan and switch to MAP mode but it is not a solid pink line. it is a dotted white line with the pink line below. Also the PFD is a little to bright, Real world 777 PFD is a darker Blue and darker Brown. The Autopilot works on the plane but there is no flight Director on the PFD.

A lot of these are known issues: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1338665523

Regarding the brightness, you can adjust that for each display.

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #38 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 6:39am
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.3

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #39 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON VERSION 0.4

IP Logged

tjh876

Reply #40 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
I just thought about this, not sure if this is the right place exactly to bring this up, but to improve lower fps, could some features be added such as 2D fuses and things along that line? Similar to the cabin, but possibly in-game? It might help people with lower FPS, but not sure what could be done.

Thanks,
Tom

IP Logged

wsciutti

Reply #41 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 7:24am
Print Post  
Tanya,

This is propbably not the site to discuss FSX tuning but, FYI, I have a four year old system I built (i7 920 C step@ 3.68, 460 card) and with FSX tweaks, Nvidia 3.01.42 driver),I get 30fps locked outside view and 24-26 cockpit except during taxt at EGLL. And this without your tightened code. What is important, IMO, the flight is smooth.

If my tweaks would help the Beta testers, let me know how to post.

Jack S.

PS been tweaking FSX since it was released using Nick N. guide as  a starting point.

IP Logged

AndrewL

Reply #42 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 7:50am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jun 9th, 2012 at 7:32am:
I really like the night lighting in the 777 as it is now. I do not want it looking like the night lighting in the 757 v4.6 or 767 v1.5, that's too dark.

100% agreed.

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #43 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
I have a serious problem with textures.

At first, the flight-deck textures are perfect but if I leave the interior for a spot view and then return, the background textures (including the view through the windscreen) disappear leaving pure black.

I know my frame rates are low but they have been lower on the 777 without this texture problem arising.

I'll try and insert a screenshot to show this...

Well, again, I haven't been able to 'Insert Image' ! What I have done is:-

1. Saved the screenshot to my HDD.
2. Uploaded it to ImageShack.
3. Selected the 'Insert Image' icon.
4. Copied the URL from ImageShack to the point between 'img' and '/img'

What am I doing wrong?

Regards, Mark&&(Ex-Flt Lt 505783)&&&&&&&&System:-&&CPU:  AMD Phenom 9650 Dual-Core 2.30 Ghz&&RAM:  4 GB&&OS:  Windows 7 Pro 32-bit&&Graphics: ATi Radeon HD 5800&&

IP Logged

pride545

Reply #44 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 7:56am
Print Post  
Can someone tell me where the flap indicator is?

Moe Works&&&&                                                    

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #45 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Hi  Pride545,
There's no gauge on the panel, if that's what you're looking for.  But the flap lever is detented to various flap settings and is on the right side of the center console, easily visible from the captain's seat.

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #46 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Re 'Flap Indicator': As far as I've been able to see, there isn't one, as such. There is, however, a Flap Lever to the right of the Throttle, etc. levers that shows the position of the flaps.

Maybe someone else has discovered an actual Flap Indicator?

Regards, Mark&&(Ex-Flt Lt 505783)&&&&&&&&System:-&&CPU:  AMD Phenom 9650 Dual-Core 2.30 Ghz&&RAM:  4 GB&&OS:  Windows 7 Pro 32-bit&&Graphics: ATi Radeon HD 5800&&

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #47 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
Should imagine that at the end of the day they will appear on the FCTL Display when finished.

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #48 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Not so much a reply but a re-posting, hoping I can upload an image this time...

I have a serious problem with textures.

At first, the flight-deck textures are perfect but if I leave the interior for a spot view and then return, the background textures (including the view through the windscreen) disappear leaving pure black.

I know my frame rates are low but they have been lower on the 777 without this texture problem arising.

I'll try and insert a screenshot to show this...

Hooray! It worked this time (Thank you, Markoz.)

Now I hope someone can give me a fix for this...

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #49 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 4:57am
Print Post  
My first thought would be you Graphics Card. What type is it and are you using the latest drivers for it?

It could be worth including your computer specs, as that is where this could lead.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #50 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 8:46am
Print Post  
I've added my computer specs below my signature.

The graphics card is an ATi Radeon 5850 and the drivers are the latest.

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #51 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Your specs seem to be on the low side for FSX.Added to that,because the default flight is at KSEA,and the program is currently in debug mode, it is very hard on the frame rates and your CPU.I would possibly try to move the flight to a less busy airport.What are your current FPS.
Ron

IP Logged

tjh876

Reply #52 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Actually, it says you are sunning 32bit Windows 7, that could be where the issue is as well. I'd suggest upgrading to a 64bit version so you can use more of your ram.

IP Logged

marknixon

Reply #53 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the replies, rservice & tjh876.

My frame rates are always lower than normal with the 777 - often down below 2.0 when at an airport. Currently between 5.0 and 7.0 at 35,000 ft SE of Iceland! Probably the debug mode is responsible.

As for Win 7 64-bit, I'm not going to go through the prolonged process of re-installing all my software just yet. I had a HDD failure a few weeks ago with consequent need for radical re-install...

IP Logged

fs_addict

Reply #54 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
^^ It might be worth it... FSX is a total RAM hog and since it runs in 32 bit it can only use 4GB so the other 4GB can be used on Win 7 and other applications running in the background.

&&Win7 Home SP1|Nvidia GT 220 1GB Memory|8GB RAM|550GB HDD 500GB External HDD|Intel Quad Core CPU @ 2.50 GHz

IP Logged

fs_addict

Reply #55 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Oh, and this... Obviously it should be 'flap' not 'flar'

&&Win7 Home SP1|Nvidia GT 220 1GB Memory|8GB RAM|550GB HDD 500GB External HDD|Intel Quad Core CPU @ 2.50 GHz

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #56 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.5

IP Logged

pride545

Reply #57 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Well, duh. I know where the flap lever is. It's just that I have never seen an aircraft with a flap position indicator. What happens if you lever is at 30 degerees and the flaps are not down for some reason??? The lever is NOT AN INDICATION OF FLAP POSITION! Not trying to be rude, just info. Thanks for your input tho!

Moe Works&&&&                                                    

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #58 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Did you mean to say that you had never seen an aircraft WITHOUT a flap indicator.LOL.
In this BETA stage,the instruments and displays are still incomplete and of course,when we get Version 1.0 or earlier,there will be a flap indicator. Undecided Undecided
Ron

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #59 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.6

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #60 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
In case of V0.6 the panel and cockpit light switches do not work for me. The switches are moving, but nothing happens. I could switch on the panel lights only with SHIFT+L. In this case all the lights are switching ON, but it is not possible the switch the flood lights or any other lights off.

IP Logged

pride545

Reply #61 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 9:07am
Print Post  
after V0.6, the hydraulic switches are back to off, but only on added liveries! Strange!

Moe Works&&&&                                                    

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #62 - Jul 15th, 2012 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Lt.Peter wrote on Jul 13th, 2012 at 9:02pm:
In case of V0.6 the panel and cockpit light switches do not work for me. The switches are moving, but nothing happens. I could switch on the panel lights only with SHIFT+L. In this case all the lights are switching ON, but it is not possible the switch the flood lights or any other lights off.

Same here. All except the panel flood light switch have changed their animation behavior. They now spin round and round with no affect on the lighting. Formally they were two position switches; off - rotate clockwise to full on.

Maybe they were broken in V0.6 because CS is busy working on variable  and independent lighting  Smiley!! That would be a nice surprise!

IP Logged

Shabo

Reply #63 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:33am
Print Post  
I have a serious issue in my VC.  As you can see in the attached video, the "click points" on the overhead panel from the VC are all messed up.  I have to shift my viewpoint around with the  CNTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACE, etc... to get to a point where I can click them.  Anyone else having this issue?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/x3su26IW3P0

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #64 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 2:54am
Print Post  
Shabo wrote on Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:33am:
I have a serious issue in my VC.  As you can see in the attached video, the "click points" on the overhead panel from the VC are all messed up.  I have to shift my viewpoint around with the  CNTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACE, etc... to get to a point where I can click them.  Anyone else having this issue?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/x3su26IW3P0

Very strange! It isn't happening to me though. Sorry.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Shabo

Reply #65 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Mark this is the thing. Sometimes, depending on the angle i am viewing the panels from, it works.  Sometimes it doesnt.  It all depends on the angle I am as well as the zoom.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #66 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Shabo wrote on Jul 16th, 2012 at 5:26pm:
Mark this is the thing. Sometimes, depending on the angle i am viewing the panels from, it works.  Sometimes it doesnt.  It all depends on the angle I am as well as the zoom.

The only thing that gets in my way of clicking buttons, is the Captains Seat Headrest! I have to move the seat back a bit to clear the way, but once I have done that, the clickspots for the buttons/switches are in the correct place.

This might be harder than it sounds. Try reinstalling the 777-200 and selecting the "Repair" option.
You might have to start with reinstalling v0.5, then reinstalling the v0.6 update. If you are using Vista/Win7, make sure to use the "Run as administrator" option. See if that helps.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Lt.Peter

Reply #67 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 7:28am
Print Post  
Dear All,

am I the only one who feels that the textures of the VC cockpit are not as sharp, not as high resolution as in case of the CS767? It looks as the AA would be switched off, but it is not. The edges are not as sharp as they should be, if I look around the VC the textures are moving a bit, they do not remain still. If I zoom into something it becomes much better, but from a normal distance the knobs, swithces and the edges are not sharp.

IP Logged

dvdrawlo

Reply #68 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
No Lt Peter you are not the only one. I am really disappointed at the quality of the VC. I agree with everything you have said.

Dave.

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #69 - Jul 21st, 2012 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
It's still a beta give it more time.

IP Logged

777pilot

Reply #70 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 10:34am
Print Post  
in the cockpit the yoke is always locked left and forewards and i cant get it straight, the ailerons and elevators are locked facing down and left but the aircraft fly's normally (auto pilot is off) and sometimes landing gear is locked down please help me  Cry

&&&&&&

IP Logged

KAPTEJNLN

Reply #71 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 11:36am
Print Post  
it have been told some times now that the only way to fix the landing gear problem is to witch to the C172 and turn on fuelpumps and pitot then switch to the 777. then turn all the systems on. and about the locked flight control remember the 6 switches at the overhead pannel to on (locatet higher then the rest of the switches so you would have to rotate to se them (3 switches hyd and 3 for wings))  as they are off when they are on the yoke and so on should be normal..  

IP Logged

777pilot

Reply #72 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Thanks for that information i will try and see if it works Wink

&&&&&&

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #73 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.7

IP Logged

chino303

Reply #74 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Selecting LOGO Light toggles also Panel Lighting on Cabin...

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #75 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 6:38am
Print Post  
chino303 wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 5:23am:
Selecting LOGO Light toggles also Panel Lighting on Cabin...

Same here, selecting it seems to control almost all cockpit lighting overhead backlighting and panel lighting.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #76 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Pressing the NAV light Switch turns the Runway Off Turn Lights on as well as the Navigation lights. Sad

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

pride545

Reply #77 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 10:42am
Print Post  
I get no indications of anything on the upper panel. Fuel pumps, apu, etc. When i push a switch nothing happens!

Moe Works&&&&                                                    

IP Logged

MarcoCessna

Reply #78 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 11:37am
Print Post  
I though still have some issues with it. All Light switches  still do not work from the VC. I have to push keyboard button L to get her lighten up

The Navigation display does not show the data as suppose to unless it has still not been fixed.
Also it seems to kill my frames once in VC mode.

My computer is a Gateway DX4860-UR10P (PT.GCPP2.017) Desktop PC Intel Core i5 2320(3.00GHz) 6GB DDR3 2TB HDD Capacity Intel HD Graphics 2000 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit with a Nvidia 520 GTS graphics card.

&&

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #79 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Notice that in V0.7 the speed brake lever is still labelled BPEED BRAKE. Something to do with closing off the lavs on descent!

IP Logged

Wendall

Reply #80 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
I usually use a setting of flars 30  Grin

FLAR_LIMIT.JPG (Attachment deleted)

Jackson Dalton&&Win. Ultimate x64&&GeForce GT520&&stock i3&&A monitor

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #81 - Sep 7th, 2012 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.8

IP Logged

MarcoCessna

Reply #82 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 1:50am
Print Post  
I though still have some issues with it. All Light switches  still do not work from the VC. I have to push keyboard button L to get her lighten up

Also with the new Air Canada model the RAT deploys with out me actually activating it.

&&

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #83 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 2:48am
Print Post  
MarcoCessna wrote on Sep 8th, 2012 at 1:50am:
I though still have some issues with it. All Light switches  still do not work from the VC. I have to push keyboard button L to get her lighten up

Also with the new Air Canada model the RAT deploys with out me actually activating it.

The RAT issue is present all all models, not just the ACA one.

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #84 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 5:06am
Print Post  
boeing247 wrote on Sep 8th, 2012 at 2:48am:
I though still have some issues with it. All Light switches  still do not work from the VC. I have to push keyboard button L to get her lighten up

The RAT issue is present all all models, not just the ACA one.

Yep RAT still deploys on takeoff (and UNLKD light is on when you load the supplied KSEA flight despite it being all powered up and ready to go - if that light is on RAT will deploy for sure).

REALLY surprised that no effort was made to fix this initialization problem for 0.8.

Robin

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #85 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 5:08am
Print Post  
Wendall wrote on Aug 12th, 2012 at 6:32pm:
I usually use a setting of flars 30  Grin

Oh well in 0.8 we do have "Speed Brakes", but still must use "Flar" settings!

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #86 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 9:27am
Print Post  

I had the lights switches worjk durinbg the day, but on the next flight, started at night time, and I couldn't get the lights working unless I pressed "SHIFT+L" to turn the VC light on and "L" to get the exterior lights on. Undecided
Edited:
The lights are not working in the CS_B777-200ER_PW and CS_777-200LR models. The lights are working fine in the CS_B777-200ER_GE Undecided

RAT also deploys.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Buster

Reply #87 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 10:06am
Print Post  
No RAT deployment since 0.7

I do have most of the other issues, lights etc.
During the night it all worked fine, lights could be operated from the VC, just tried to do a return flight (KJFK-EGLL) and it seems like another plane, FMC issues, MCP issues, going off-course & altitude, lights no longer work from VC, 2D cockpit does not show up at all, etc.

Very strange as after initial installation it all seemed to work great.

Best Regards,
Marc

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #88 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Hi Marc.

Did you try it in all the different models?

Looking in the CS_B777-200ER_GE, CS_B777-200ER_PW & CS_B777-200LR model folders an they are all using the same VC:
interior=..\model\csx772_interior (for the 772ER GE)
interior=..\..\CS_B777-200ER_GE\model\csx772_interior (for the 772ER PW)
interior=..\..\CS_B777-200ER_GE\model\csx772_interior (for the 772LR)
so it doesn't make sense as to why the interior lighting works in the first one, but not the other two. Undecided

In the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg, for all 3 aircraft, the list/locations of the lights are identical. This just makes it even more puzzling.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

cassis

Reply #89 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Hello,
I noticed that when i press the LOGO switch, i got the full overhead lighting up green .. But i got also a general light on the virtual cockpit that i can't dim..

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #90 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Sep 8th, 2012 at 1:11pm:
Hi Marc.

Did you try it in all the different models?

Looking in the CS_B777-200ER_GE, CS_B777-200ER_PW & CS_B777-200LR model folders an they are all using the same VC:
interior=..\model\csx772_interior (for the 772ER GE)
interior=..\..\CS_B777-200ER_GE\model\csx772_interior (for the 772ER PW)
interior=..\..\CS_B777-200ER_GE\model\csx772_interior (for the 772LR)
so it doesn't make sense as to why the interior lighting works in the first one, but not the other two. Undecided

In the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg, for all 3 aircraft, the list/locations of the lights are identical. This just makes it even more puzzling.

The animations and the links from the animations to the aircraft systems are set in the normal MDL file, which cannot be changed once it is compiled. In the LR, those links were left out. That is why the light switches work (sort of) in the ER model but not in the LR model. Next service pack . . .

Ben

IP Logged

aaboeing

Reply #91 - Sep 10th, 2012 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
I get the same performance, at least when I'm recording. Its disappointing but thats probably due to the project not being complete yet.

Alexander Brinson&&Delta Virtual ID- 8890&&i5 2500K @ 4.3GHz GTX 560 850MHz 8GB DDR3 1333MHz 2TB Storage

IP Logged

CX 747-400

Reply #92 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 12:01am
Print Post  
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seems logical to post here.
I just removed 0.7 and installed 0.8, since I did this, I have an extremely slow redraw of the VC when I change views. I had nearly no redraw time at all, Since the update, It is taking 20 - 30 seconds to redraw.
Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jonathan

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #93 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 2:05am
Print Post  
CX 747-400 wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 12:01am:
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seems logical to post here.
I just removed 0.7 and installed 0.8, since I did this, I have an extremely slow redraw of the VC when I change views. I had nearly no redraw time at all, Since the update, It is taking 20 - 30 seconds to redraw.
Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?

The latest service pack, .8 seems very slow on redrawing the VC compared to earlier versions. My video card is only 512MB and I'm wondering if it has to reload all the textures between external view and VC.

Ben

IP Logged

deltaboy1996

Reply #94 - Sep 20th, 2012 at 1:46am
Print Post  
This plane has made huge progress with 0.8, but if only the overhead panel would get fixed so you can turn the lights on without doing the tutorial flight. also i noticed there are no callouts if i do not load the tutorial flight

IP Logged

deltaboy1996

Reply #95 - Sep 21st, 2012 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
I was able to turn lights on through the VC with 0.7 and now i cant with 0.8 so please fix it with 0.9.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #96 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 0.9

IP Logged

hellmike

Reply #97 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:28am
Print Post  
I liked the version .9, but all my friends who saw the VC said that the color was not realistic, it should be darker
personally agree with them ;s

sorry for translator

IP Logged

Chris the Swiss

Reply #98 - Oct 14th, 2012 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
I have some problems with the A/T knob and the HDG knob as IMO they are sometimes quite tricky to dial in. On the one hand, they are quite slow even with the mouse wheel, but then suddenly they start going really fast and I have a hard time stopping them. What's more, especially during a bank, and as the "sweet spot" of the HDG knob is quite small, I find it hard to dial in a new course without slipping off and hitting the bank angle knob or the SEL button. These, in opposition to the general appearance of the vc which I find is awesome, have a cheap feel.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #99 - Oct 14th, 2012 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
To change the heading and speed, I have resorted to using the 2D MCP for the same reasons.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Saratoga

Reply #100 - Oct 14th, 2012 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Chris the Swiss wrote on Oct 14th, 2012 at 12:54pm:
I have some problems with the A/T knob and the HDG knob as IMO they are sometimes quite tricky to dial in. On the one hand, they are quite slow even with the mouse wheel, but then suddenly they start going really fast and I have a hard time stopping them. What's more, especially during a bank, and as the "sweet spot" of the HDG knob is quite small, I find it hard to dial in a new course without slipping off and hitting the bank angle knob or the SEL button. These, in opposition to the general appearance of the vc which I find is awesome, have a cheap feel.

I agree with Markoz that the 2D panel simplifies some of these. One thing I often do with the HDG is to press HOLD, then dial in the desired heading, then press SEL. That way you are not dialing the heading while banking which can cause you to inadvertently hit surrounding buttons. I've mentioned all this in another post and would like to see CS improve this. One idea: middle mouse button controls SEL, wheel and R&L buttons control HDG (never SEL).

Ben

IP Logged

Reply #101 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 4:15am
Print Post  
I can with the 0.9 version of the lights in the VC does not operate properly. These only work with Shift + L and are then coupled to the switch of the logo light.

Greetings

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #102 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 5:37am
Print Post  
If I click (LMB) on the heading dial (VC) and hold it, even if I move off of it and over to the bank limit knob, it continues to change the heading. But if I go off it completely, it loses "focus", it no longer changes the heading. It has been ages since it has actually caused the bank limit to move. I use the 2D MCP for the heading because it's a bit easier and doesn't lose "focus" during a turn. And also because I know at roughly which point the heading change is going to start racing off on me so I release the mouse button and start again.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Hendrixsrv

Reply #103 - Nov 11th, 2012 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
May you remodel the switch for runway turnoff lights? From where I am sitting, the switches look like icicles. Also, may the cockpit lighting be turned down a notch? In v1.0, will the cockpit lighting be separated from the the logo light? I don't really like how the flood lights don't control the lighting. Thanks!

Just suggestions, you don't need to do it.

i7 3770k @ 4.6 GHz&&EVGA GTX 680 &&8GB ram&&1 TB Hard Drive&&500GB Hard Drive &&128 SSD

IP Logged

Ashley Jones

Reply #104 - Dec 16th, 2012 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Hi guys I added a new texture i did myself and when i go to load it up the aircraft is invisible but when i get my friend to add it it appears ok for him
Any idea whats wrong?

IP Logged

all4golf

Reply #105 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 4:48am
Print Post  
VC textures take at least 10 seconds to load when I enter the cockpit with 0.9, run pretty much everything at max.

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #106 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
all4golf wrote on Jan 8th, 2013 at 4:48am:
VC textures take at least 10 seconds to load when I enter the cockpit with 0.9, run pretty much everything at max.

Yeah it's pretty much happening to everyone right now, maybe they might improve it in 1.0. How much ram you have and the speed of your ram might also affect the redraw time.

IP Logged

all4golf

Reply #107 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
I have 16GB of ram, 707 does it too but doesn't take as long. Every other aircraft I have is fine.  It's a great aircraft but avoid flying it cause it's an annoying problem.

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #108 - Jan 9th, 2013 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
I'm lead to believe FSX uses limited RAM, if I remember around 2 GB MAX, so additional RAM will not speed things up. CS has NO control on the RAM used.

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Roberto Ellery

Reply #109 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Hi Guys,

I bought my T7 yesterday and after install I´m having some troubles. About VC I´m having 3 problems.

1st Outside of windows are appearing some strange images

2nd the engines are running but the gauges aren´t working

3rd On the upper panel all switechs haven´t lights.

I´m using a intel I7 with 6gb, nvidia GT555m with 1gb. Windows 7 64bits SP1 and FSX SP1.

I tried put some images to illustrate the issues, but I can´t, only after post 10 normal messages.  Cry

Best regards.

Roberto

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #110 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Roberto Ellery wrote on Jan 10th, 2013 at 5:34pm:
Hi Guys,

I bought my T7 yesterday and after install I´m having some troubles. About VC I´m having 3 problems.

1st Outside of windows are appearing some strange images

2nd the engines are running but the gauges aren´t working

3rd On the upper panel all switechs haven´t lights.

I´m using a intel I7 with 6gb, nvidia GT555m with 1gb. Windows 7 64bits SP1 and FSX SP1.

I tried put some images to illustrate the issues, but I can´t, only after post 10 normal messages.  Cry

Best regards.

Roberto

I would say that your problem is with the fact that you are using FSX with SP1, when it requires FSX SP2 or Acceleration:

Minimum System Requirements:

- PC with 3.0 GHz equivalent or higher processor
   - 4GB of system RAM
   - 512 MB DirectX 9 compatible video card
   - 1 Gb of free space on the MS FS hard drive
   - Microsoft® Windows® XP/Vista/7
   - Microsoft® Flight Simulator X + SP2 or Flight Simulator X Acceleration.
   - Internet access (for installation/ re-installation)

Please note, we are unable to support technical issues appeared on systems that do not conform to the minimum system requirements.

Minimum System Requirements can be found here: http://www.captainsim.com/products/x777/sysreq.html

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Roberto Ellery

Reply #111 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Yeap Markoz,

Fixed and work properly Cheesy

Thanks a lot!

IP Logged

Libretto

Reply #112 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Today I am going to resize some of the Less important VC textures to see if it increases loading time.

Several developers already have HD and normal sized textures to choose from.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #113 - Jan 23rd, 2013 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.0

IP Logged

flychem

Reply #114 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
I downloaded ver 1.0 yesterday and the first problem I see is the pilots yokes are turned left and block the FD view.  There is no yoke response to my Saitek yoke inputs.  I have to pop out the FD to fly.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #115 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Provide the 777 with External Power or turn the APU on and they should right themselves.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

all4golf

Reply #116 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
VC still has a long loading time on my end.

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #117 - Jan 26th, 2013 at 2:14am
Print Post  
FLAP LIMIT label still reads FLAR LIMIT

Regards Bruce

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #118 - Jan 26th, 2013 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
all4golf wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:52pm:

This must be a problem with your computer because the VC loads very quickly on mine.

IP Logged

all4golf

Reply #119 - Jan 26th, 2013 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
signmanbob wrote on Jan 26th, 2013 at 8:14pm:
all4golf wrote on Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:52pm:

This must be a problem with your computer because the VC loads very quickly on mine.

Just curious, do you have the high res vc option enabled?

IP Logged

AJLedbetter123

Reply #120 - Feb 10th, 2013 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
I'm getting terrible permanence with this aircraft! Anyone know something i can change to make it run smoother..

IP Logged

jjlittler

Reply #121 - Feb 10th, 2013 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Anyone else experiencing no VC when looking straight ahead with the new 777-300 expansion model? If you look slightly left or right the VC appears but when looking directly ahead no VC is visible. Any suggestions?

http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x737/x737_2.jpg" data-rel="gb_image[nice_pics]" title="x737_2.jpg">http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x737/x737_2.jpg" id="signat_img_resize_350" alt="x737_2.jpg" title="x737_2.jpg" style="display:none" />

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #122 - Feb 11th, 2013 at 1:11am
Print Post  
jjlittler wrote on Feb 10th, 2013 at 4:04pm:
Anyone else experiencing no VC when looking straight ahead with the new 777-300 expansion model?

No.

jjlittler wrote on Feb 10th, 2013 at 4:04pm:
Any suggestions?

Try reinstalling (repair) the 777-300 to see if that fixes it.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

afmoose76

Reply #123 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 2:56am
Print Post  
Anyone else notice the VC on the 300 models is positioned about where it should be on a 200? I had the 300 parked at a gate and was looking right into the jetway from the VC, but in the external view it was lined up with the door.

IP Logged

mollau

Reply #124 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 8:32am
Print Post  
afmoose76 wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 2:56am:
Anyone else notice the VC on the 300 models is positioned about where it should be on a 200? I had the 300 parked at a gate and was looking right into the jetway from the VC, but in the external view it was lined up with the door.

From what I've learned from information posted in this forum, and from questions not answered by Captain Sim, the 777-300 isn't a different variant with its own specifications and performance, but just a different piece of eye-candy.

Which isn't that bad, if you consider just 9.99 Euros for the eye-candy plus the additional animations plus the additional "livery pack".

Thing is, I would rather see this clearly stated by Captain Sim ...

Best,&&Markus&&&&"Is this thread for real or is it all an Ilyushin?"&&(BlueDiamond, 6th Mar 2008)&&

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #125 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:50am
Print Post  
mollau wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 8:32am:
From what I've learned from information posted in this forum, and from questions not answered by Captain Sim, the 777-300 isn't a different variant with its own specifications and performance, but just a different piece of eye-candy.

We have never said this. Please read the Manual Part I for all differencies in models. If you find anything stated there to be wrong - you are welcome to report all issues here

IP Logged

mollau

Reply #126 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:50am:

We have never said this. Please read the Manual Part I for all differencies in models. If you find anything stated there to be wrong - you are welcome to report all issues here

So, positively, what DO you say, except for refering to your own manuals:

- center of gravity of the 777-300 different from the base pack?
- moments of inertia (pitch, yaw, roll) of the 777-300 different from the base pack?
- acceleration/fuel consumption etc. of the 777-300 different from the base pack?
- flight dynamics of the 777-300 different from the base pack?
- flightdeck specifications of the 777-300 different from the base pack?

These questions haven't yet been officially answered AND they are NOT covered in the CS manuals ...

Best,&&Markus&&&&"Is this thread for real or is it all an Ilyushin?"&&(BlueDiamond, 6th Mar 2008)&&

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #127 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
mollau wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:03pm:

- moments of inertia (pitch, yaw, roll) of the 777-300 different from the base pack?
- acceleration/fuel consumption etc. of the 777-300 different from the base pack?

These questions haven't yet been officially answered AND they are NOT covered in the CS manuals ...

How this connected to INTERIOR MODELS (VC) & TEXTURES thread you are in?

IP Logged

mollau

Reply #128 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 8:50pm:
mollau wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:03pm:

How this connected to INTERIOR MODELS (VC) & TEXTURES thread you are in?

This is still no answer ...

It derives from this issue, connected to the interior models, view points to be specific:

EDIT (sorry, wrong quote before):

afmoose76 wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 2:56am:

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #129 - Feb 16th, 2013 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
I cannot get the cockpit lights to work until it is almost completely dark. I have them all switched on and the only one that works is the dome light. I would like to be able to turn on the green lights behind all of the writing and lines in the cockpit (sorry I don't know which these are called) during the day time or at least at dusk or dawn when it is starting to get darker.

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #130 - Feb 17th, 2013 at 12:11am
Print Post  
packers101 wrote on Feb 16th, 2013 at 4:45pm:
I cannot get the cockpit lights to work until it is almost completely dark. I have them all switched on and the only one that works is the dome light. I would like to be able to turn on the green lights behind all of the writing and lines in the cockpit (sorry I don't know which these are called) during the day time or at least at dusk or dawn when it is starting to get darker.

Then when they go out, prematurely (early dawn, 04:00 Local Time), we loose the cabin lights at the same time. This is also a problem with the B52 where, at times, the panel is near on impossible to see.

Can't find if this has been mentioned after V0.9:-

In V1.0 the clock functions have improved (a little) but still have minds of their own. Yesterday, over a 14 hour flight basically West to East they had no idea what the local time was when compared with this code.

<String>Local Time= %((P:Local time, hours) 24 % flr)%!02d:%((P:Local time, minutes) 60 % flr)%!02d:%((P:Local time, seconds) 60 % flr)%!02d%{end}%</String>

Zulu time was amiss as well and the Stop Watch hours display kept extinguishing.

EDIT: The corruptions occur when crossing time zones.

Regards Bruce

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #131 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
I'm having very significant performance issues in the VC with the 777. It's more then the normal loss of frames from a complex aircraft. My system is not the greatest, so the problem is much more noticeable (3.0Ghz 4GB C2D with a GTX460) I ran a test against the CS757, which I think we can agree because of it's detail is another heavy hitter in terms of frames, with the following settings on both Extremely dense scenery, Dense Autogen, 2xlow water, Clear skies (No weather addon) no traffic. Airport Cloud9 KMCO flight to Atlanta. These were the results

At Gate - 10-13FPS
Taxiing away from terminal to runway - 14-17FPS
Runway facing terminals 12-14FPS
At Cruise Altitude 24-27FPS
(Loss screenshots, but can recreate if you need to see them)

777 - Note unlike the 757 and all my other complex system aircraft, where the frames are low on the ground (To be expected) but climb into the high 20's at cruise altitude, the frames in the 777 doesn't get much better no matter what realm on flight I'm in

At Gate - 8-9FPS
Taxiing away from terminal to runway - 9-10FPS
Runway facing terminals 8-9FPS
At Cruise Altitude 11-13FPS

This was also after reducing the resolution of the textures down to 512x512 for the VC, Night, and External textures, I left the spec and bump map textures alone. (Original size textures were about the same performance)

I can't help thinking either the model still needs to be optimized, there is a problem in the system code causing the slow down, or there is still a debug mode still active.

fsx_2013-02-28_14-56-05-89.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

rullf_1985

Reply #132 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 2:54am
Print Post  
I get the EXACT same problem. although my performance loss is not as severe; it is noticeable.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #133 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.1

IP Logged

tf51d

Reply #134 - Mar 3rd, 2013 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
For those that are having performance issues with the 777 like I am, try deselecting the 3D high quality cockpit setting in the FSX aircraft section. You'll get considerable better performance, and you won't lose a lot of quality.

IP Logged

paul_smith_gw

Reply #135 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
tf51d wrote on Mar 3rd, 2013 at 8:34pm:
For those that are having performance issues with the 777 like I am, try deselecting the 3D high quality cockpit setting in the FSX aircraft section. You'll get considerable better performance, and you won't lose a lot of quality.

Honestly I am not sure why this happens but I recently got a new computer and ran the CS 777 and I get no more lag in the VC... This makes me think that its not the textures but something else causing the lag.

&&&&

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #136 - Mar 15th, 2013 at 9:19am
Print Post  
paul_smith_gw wrote on Mar 13th, 2013 at 6:25pm:
tf51d wrote on Mar 3rd, 2013 at 8:34pm:

Honestly I am not sure why this happens but I recently got a new computer and ran the CS 777 and I get no more lag in the VC... This makes me think that its not the textures but something else causing the lag.

Maybe your new computer has better specs than your old one?

IP Logged

legitmv7

Reply #137 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
I don't think it has anything to do with specs. My friends and I have some of the best specs and we can run every add-on aircraft with no lag, but when it comes to the CS 777 VC, it gets really laggy and there is nothing we can do about it.

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #138 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
I am having an extremely strange problem that I haven't had before. Enroute KEWR-EGLL and the sun sets. I turn on the lights ("MASTER BRIGHT" switch) in the cockpit and all of the sudden the model is transparent! I can look down and see the ground and look up and see the stars. The buttons and displays are still there, however. On the outside, the fuselage has disappeared and I can see all of the seats in the airplane. Using CS's paint of United 777-200ER GE. I'll put some screenshots. (I know its dark... sorry)

CS_777_Transparent_Exterior.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #139 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
I know its dark. You can see the coffee cup and other items to get a reference.

CS_777_Transparent_VC2.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #140 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Here is a view of the overhead. The DOME lights were supposed to be on. You can see the stars!  Shocked

CS_777_Transparent_VC3.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #141 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 12:15am
Print Post  
That sometimes happens when something goes wrong when loading the plane's night textures, load the plane again and it should fix up the problem. It has never happened to me on the 777, but I've had the same problem with the A320X by the other developer.

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #142 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 1:48am
Print Post  
LOLcakes wrote on Apr 7th, 2013 at 12:15am:
That sometimes happens when something goes wrong when loading the plane's night textures, load the plane again and it should fix up the problem. It has never happened to me on the 777, but I've had the same problem with the A320X by the other developer.

Ah ok. Thanks. First time its happened to me so I figured it would have something to do with the 777. Thanks again

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

vonstroheim
Ex Member

Reply #143 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
legitmv7 wrote on Mar 16th, 2013 at 12:22pm:
... when it comes to the CS 777 VC, it gets really laggy and there is nothing we can do about it.

I also have bad FPS with the CS 777-200 in the VC, around and below 10 FPS. Ok I know I have a barely adequate laptop with i7, Nvidia GTX260M and Win 7 64 bits. But I'm not the only one...

So I've made a few experiments to understand this phenomenon, and at the same time find a way to build a LOW-DEF 777 cockpit. Yes the ability to choose from a HI-DEF and LOW-DEF cockpit could be a good selling point for Captain Sim. Those with fancy computers and P3D (for instance) could stick with the current HI-DEF setup, those less fortunate could choose the LOW-DEF version...

All my experiments were made over the water, in the most desolate part of the world, somewhere between New Zealand and Chile (S 50° W 120°) with clear skies, no traffic, no sound, DX9, FPS unlimited, and medium-high settings in the "aircraft" setting's tab (high resolution 3D vc). All others settings are almost irrelevant over the water in this part of the world...

With the default 737 on autopilot, heading 45, speed 300 knts, altitude 10.000 ft, I have between 80 and 150 FPS in the VC, around 180 FPS outside (usually I lock my FPS at 24, like at the movies, but for this experiment I've unlocked them).

With the CS 737-200, I have between 25 and 35 FPS in the VC, 60 outside (this is what you get with such a ageing laptop, and I'm quite happy with that). Note that when the mouse cursor shows, FPS goes below 20 FPS in the VC. (note: I don't use the Radar, and I removed the TCAS gauge).

With the CS 777-200, I have 35-50 FPS outside, same in the 2D panel (CS popup style 2D panel, or the unofficial DIY 2D panel). Note that with the PAX version (virtual cabin, no VC), I also have 35-50 FPS. But with the complete virtual cockpit, it goes down to 10-15 FPS, and close or below 10 FPS when the mouse cursor is showing. And in places like KSEA it goes way below 10 FPS (and my laptop gets very hot, me too!).

So to improve this, I tried a few more experiments. For the CS 757 and 767, I just had to swap some alternate XML gauges for the PFD, MFD and EICAS, and my FPS jumped up to a steady 30 FPS or more. I tried the same in the 777, but alas there is almost no impact on the FPS. And since I have very good FPS with the 2D panel, I don't think we have a FPS problem with the CS 777 gauges. So this leaves only 2 areas that can be improved, I think: modeling and textures. There's nothing we can do with the modeling, only CS can, of course. But we can play a bit with the way textures are showing.

So I tried the following hack. You can try it too, but backup your panel.cfg first (rename it to panel-original.cfg), and be prepared for a possible FSX crash (100% harmless):
- Make a duplicate panel.cfg identical to the original.
- Comment out (with // in front) all the "texture=$_XX" lines in the [VCockpitXX] sections, except in [VCockpit01], there is 11 of them
- Reload the aircraft.

Now you will have black holes almost everywhere in the VC, nothing will work as intended, but you will notice a big jump in FPS. I've got 25-35 FPS inside the VC, around 40-60 FPS in the 2D panel. Wow! It can be done!

Now remove the // in front of the "texture=$_XX" lines, but not all of them. Experiment as you like. For instance I kept the // for the VC section 05 to 10 (that's the glass panel gauges). FPS drops to around 20 FPS, but this is not so bad.

What is the purpose of this "texture=$_XX" line? I think it is used to add a layer of dirt and fingerprints on the glass displays, or maybe it is used for the night lighting, or both. Looks like there is a problem here... Could we have a LOW-DEF cockpit without this option? This means shipping the 777 with an alternate interior "mdl" file. I have seen this elsewhere, no big deal.

Another way to improve the VC performance is to lower the texture size, not with a photoshop tool, but inside the panel.cfg file, by playing with the "size_mm" and "pixel_size" parameters. Like this for instance:

Original HI-DEF panel (the MFD display in the VC)

Code
Select All
[VCockpit05]
;L03 left-out 1
size_mm=512,512
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$_05
background_color=0,0,0
gauge00=Captain_Sim.x777.display!DisplayGauge, 8, 15, 496,482, 1 

LOW-DEF variant:

Code
Select All
[VCockpit05]
;L03 left-out 1
size_mm=256,256
pixel_size=256,256
texture=$_05
background_color=0,0,0
gauge00=Captain_Sim.x777.display!DisplayGauge, 4, 8, 248, 241, 1 

Note that you'll have to recalculate all the gauge position and size (like I did here, by dividing by 2 all numbers). For a complete panel, this is a very long and painful process for a casual simmer like me. Some other developpers are doing just that when they include a LOW-DEF panel, it's the only trick involved! Of course the displays are not as sharp as in the original HI-DEF version, but it's a small price to pay to have better FPS... With this little trick I now have 15-20 FPS, instead of 10, not enough, but almost the double! Your mileage may vary. More about this tweak here.

So to cut a long story short: Please Captain Sim, consider making a LOW-DEF 777 cockpit option! (and a 2D panel too!).
- less clickspots (if possible)
- no dirt/fingerprints layer on top of gauges
- smaller texture size in panel.cfg (but keep the same bitmaps)

Thanks! Merci! спасибо!

IP Logged

Hendrixsrv

Reply #144 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
The cockpit lights need to illuminate what the knobs say they'll illuminate. Instead of having one button control most of the lights, have certain switches control certain lights.

Lights too me are a bit too bright.

Texture load times takes a while especially switching views from outside to inside.

Maybe darken the cockpit a little more. During daytime, the colors look a bit unrealistic.

The runway turnoff lights look weird, it's way too thing and looks like a messed up longated tear drop. It should have some thickness to it. In fact, it's all metal, I think it should have a creamish plastic covering around it.

i7 3770k @ 4.6 GHz&&EVGA GTX 680 &&8GB ram&&1 TB Hard Drive&&500GB Hard Drive &&128 SSD

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #145 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.2

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #146 - Jul 16th, 2013 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Is there a way of changing the time that night lighting in the VC comes on and goes off? The night lights turn off way too early in the morning, and so for around 30 minutes, I pretty much can't see anything in the cockpit. Undecided

IP Logged

McCartney95

Reply #147 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Hi, I have a problem with the Cabin light. Everytime I press "l" to turn it on, it turns on and immediately it turns off, I have tried to fix this with reinstall but still the same problem.  This problem occurs only in the Cabin version..

IP Logged

Kalo

Reply #148 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 4:20am
Print Post  
is anyone else getting a lot of jagged edges when you look to the left or right? I also get a lot of jagged edges when I'm zoomed out.

I have the 737-200 and it doesn't do this. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have anti aliasing on.

IP Logged

Ultrabald

Reply #149 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 7:38am
Print Post  
I am encountering a very weird issue. The button switches in the VC have no texture at daylight.

I mean that whenever I switch them on or off nothing is showing on the switch neither "on" or "off" or whatever BUT they actually work so it seems to be a texture problem only.

Furthermore, everything is ok when at night or dusk.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #150 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.3

IP Logged

flo1981

Reply #151 - Dec 16th, 2013 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Hello,

I just purchased this nice aircraft and I tested it on 2 airports:
- EDDF, Aerosoft scenerie, 45% Traffic (TrafficX), I 've got 10-12 fps during take-off, after it goes better.
- LSGG, FsDreamTeam scenery, 45% traffic (TrafficX), its better, around 18-20 fps during take-off.

So my config is:
I72699K @4.5GHZ, 4GB RAM, GTX570

Any advice / tricks to have better fps during take-off and approach, other than move slide left in FSX settings?

IP Logged

tbtriumph

Reply #152 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 2:29am
Print Post  
I am having issues with both MFD displays regarding my IAS, airspeed 1st digits are frozen, 2nd and 3rd are moving but incorrect, Standbys showing correctly. This only happend after I installed 1.3

IP Logged

nygfan2283

Reply #153 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
have same problem,  posted yesterday in the 6 displays forum

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Reply #154 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 12:55am
Print Post  
The keys of the FMC sometimes get stuck in the down position. Honestly, animating them is a cool idea but it really isn't necessary. removing them may increase performance and get rid of the problem of keys getting stuck.

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

amahran

Reply #155 - Feb 6th, 2014 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
The center button on the Master Lighting seems to turn everything on, regardless of knob-position. On the other hand, the storm lights seem to activate nothing.

Aside from the obviously named light switches and knobs and their obvious functions, according to AOM's:
Storm Light ON – overrides normal controls and illuminates the following lights at maximum
brightness:
• all illuminated indicator lights
• glareshield flood lights
• instrument panel flood lights
• aisle stand flood lights
• dome lights.

Master Brightness Rotate (when the MASTER BRIGHTNESS switch is pushed on) –:
• controls the brightness of all panel lights and displays (dome lights, flood
lights, and circuit breaker panel lights are not controlled by this switch)
• overrides individual brightness control settings
• limits adjustment range of individual brightness controls
• has full adjustment range of all lights when all individual brightness
controls are set to the center detent.
PUSH ON (in) – the MASTER BRIGHTNESS control is on.
PUSH OFF (out) – the MASTER BRIGHTNESS control is off.

And there seems to be too little of a difference between the indicator brightness being set from bright tot dim or vice versa.

Then again, although I would love to have full control over lighting in the cockpit, I recognize that CS tends to oversimplify lighting controls, so I won't hold my breath. However, I would like it if the storm lights actually did something, since I usually fly in total IFR conditions and it helps not getting disoriented by the darkness and I usually hit the storm lights just for that on most of my addons. (Reassign the FSX Panel light function to the Storm Light switch rather than the Master Brightness central button, perhaps?)

EDIT: When the A/P Disengage bar is lowered, black and amber stripes should be visible. It's mentioned in the Aircraft Systems manual, but I felt it's worthwhile giving a friendly reminder.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #156 - May 13th, 2014 at 10:49am
Print Post  
amahran wrote on Feb 6th, 2014 at 1:42pm:
When the A/P Disengage bar is lowered, black and amber stripes should be visible. It's mentioned in the Aircraft Systems manual, but I felt it's worthwhile giving a friendly reminder.

Please post a screenshot and the quote from Manual, we unfortunately could not understand what you mean.

IP Logged

amahran

Reply #157 - May 15th, 2014 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Quothe the B777 Automatic Flight Manual available on Smartcockpit:

Not official, but nonetheless applicable.

I can't produce a screenshot, sadly, since it's not really an available detail in picture form, and I doubt many pilots would appreciate a planespotter coming into their flight deck and pulling down their A/P disengage bar just to take a picture.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #158 - May 22nd, 2014 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately we will not be able to do anything if we do not see a photo.
And the source above is not a Boeing manual, sorry.

IP Logged

Bradyoa

Reply #159 - May 28th, 2014 at 5:52am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 8:59pm:
Please note - systems debug mode has been removed. Feel free to select any livery or aircraft variation, to reload the 777, to select/save another flight.
I have a problem with my Boeing 777 only the wings are loading the plane is invisible what should I do?

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #160 - May 29th, 2014 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Try reinstalling the 777. Use the Repair option when given the choice to Repair or Uninstall.

Also. You might need to lower some displays settings because the 777 Captain is heavy on resources. Wink

Years ago, I used to often see the body of an aircraft disappear, and I often ended up landing an invisible aeroplane. Undecided

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

spinksy1499

Reply #161 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
My VC is completely not working, the screen is dark constantly and the electronic displays are dark and are not working. On top of this, I have no control of the aircraft. I use a Saitek Cyborg Evo and it is unresponsive no matter what command I use. Any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Spinksy1499 Smiley

IP Logged

spinksy1499

Reply #162 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Also, I am not sure what version I am using, I ordered the base pack and I have the VC
Many Thanks
Spinksy1499 Smiley

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #163 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 9:02am
Print Post  
You need to use Technical Support section at our site, we do not answer such requests here.

IP Logged

spinksy1499

Reply #164 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
this the tech support section of the forum isn't it?

IP Logged

spinksy1499

Reply #165 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 4:56pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #166 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 2:33am
Print Post  
spinksy1499 wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 4:56pm:

Yes it is.

Note. You've double posted the question. Open the second one (at the top of this page (Page 12)) and delete it. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

TechRep

Reply #167 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Just loaded 1.4 as instructed (removed all traces of 1.3>restart>load 1.4>restart), and none of the buttons on the overhead can be clicked. Likewise, the MCP digits do not light up (but the values can be changed as reflect in the PFD). Also, none of the sub windows show up, they just appear as a black box. The simicons window only flashed briefly then disappears.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #168 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 1:18am
Print Post  
TechRep wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 9:55pm:
Just loaded 1.4 as instructed (removed all traces of 1.3>restart>load 1.4>restart), and none of the buttons on the overhead can be clicked. Likewise, the MCP digits do not light up (but the values can be changed as reflect in the PFD). Also, none of the sub windows show up, they just appear as a black box. The simicons window only flashed briefly then disappears.

Sounds to me like it didn't install correctly. I just tested all the 777's, including the Expansion Models, and they all appear exactly like they should.

Try reinstalling without your Anti Virus running, select the repair option. Your Anti Virus shields might be blocking some gauges from installing.

Also. Check your fsx.cfg (type %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg into the Run Command and press OK, this will open the fsx.cfg) and see if you have the following lines listed in the [Trusted] section:

J:\Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\777\cs.sound.dll.kuqkazehreehhbozirinnrqqrzkrkatuwlqotize=1
J:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200ER_GE\panel\Captain_Sim.x777.sys.GAU.trqaeqhoa
koqcuwoqetcchnrunantbtoccktkina=2
J:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200ER_GE\panel\Captain_Sim.x777.sound.GAU.tneazuw
awubwlbaheiluqttroetunqolnqotluah=2
J:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200ER_GE\panel\Captain_Sim.x777.update.GAU.kakbkw
ionlnuwihuwnualizqceutlzzzrtrlaeww=2
J:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200ER_GE\panel\Captain_Sim.x777.wxr.DLL.brzouwwnb
nllrcnrcotuoiecrioltbleukbnlilr=2
J:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200ER_GE\panel\Captain_Sim.x777.efb.DLL.tqhuniueq
ukqneonobqzzzozbiablrcboaztkcle=2
J:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200ER_GE\panel\Captain_Sim.x777.fms.GAU.lqhikeuww
wotablclrienokoiwuhowwoztorebbc=2
J:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200ER_GE\panel\Captain_Sim.x777.display.GAU.kwbbe
rkizkqttkhzbukczehllcqecltrzertlher=2
J:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-300ER_GE\panel\Captain_Sim.x773.sys.GAU.luoqeowiz
qutlzoelluoeqlikzkkcahtbclnquol=2
J:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777F\panel\Captain_Sim.x774.fre.GAU.rkcrbcuiakcoulcab
thwiwibrnrclwwbktqhcibl=2

NOTE. Your paths may differ, but your codes WILL certainly be differerent! Make sure they all have =2 at the end of them.

Hope this helps

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #169 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 7:40am